What liberal media?
2019-07-09 21:39:57 UTC
It's the oldest play in the book, comprised of technicalities and
questioning your lying eyes.
Sure. Know who used that excuse?
Sure you do!

"Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's
happening'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44959340/donald-trump-what-you-re-seeing-and-what-you-re-reading-is-not-what-s-happening
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
Ubiquitous
2019-07-11 02:05:04 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .

Tucker Carlson and Rep. Ilhan Omar got into a dust-up yesterday, and CNN
analyst Errol Louis took advantage to make a pitch for training more liberal
journalists and using them to "do away" with conservative media. On his Fox
News show om Tuesday night, Carlson said that Omar "hates this country more
than ever," and that Omar "is living proof that the way we practice
immigration has become dangerous to this country."

Omar tweeted a response, calling Tucker a "racist fool," taunting that "they
will just have to get used to calling me Congresswoman!"

Co-host John Berman, after claiming that "many" found Carlson's comments on
Omar to have been "flat-out racist," invited CNN analyst Errol Louis to
comment. Louis proceeded to call for a new cadre of young liberal journalists
to be trained, with the express purpose being to "do away" with that "racist
garbage" like Carlson's show. Here was Louis:

"We need to train young people, get them into the media, get
them into broadcasting, and do away with that stuff [the "racist
garbage" of Tucker and "talk radio"], so it will just be a bad
memory."

So Louis wants to "train" [translation: indoctrinate] young people, and get
them into "the media" and "broadcasting." And as is typical of the left,
which brooks no dissent and has no interest in diversity of thought, the goal
is not to engage with people on the right. No, the objective is to "do away"
with the conservative media.

"Train young people" to become liberal media drones? As if every journalism
school in the country isn't already doing that? As if virtually every college
isn't dominated by left-wing faculty that seeks to indoctrinate students
every day in combating racist/sexist right-wingers? What more could Louis
hope for?

Co-hosts John Berman and Alisyn Camerota loved Louis's call to create a new
cadre of left-wing journalists, Berman saying it was a "glass half-full
anaysis" and Camerota calling it "the silver lining."

Here's the transcript.

CNN
New Day
7/10/19
6:25 am EDT

JOHN BERMAN: You know, there's a lot of an attempt here to create
intellectual depth to what too many is just a racist comment. A flat out
racist comment or offensive comment, suggesting that people shouldn't be
allowed in the country. Errol?

ERROL LOUIS: It's interesting. Because to go back for a minute to something
we talked about before, we know that there are lots of young girls who were
watching the women's soccer team, and they're being inspired and they're
going to sort of change the world.

There are a lot of people - I happen to have been one of them as a kid - who
saw all kinds of racist garbage coming out over the airwaves. People like
Tucker Carlson. And it was one of the things that inspired me to get into
this business, to try to drive the vestiges of that garbage. On talk radio,
in particular, you heard it for years and years and years-just spewing this
kind of garbage. It's stuff like that.

And things like what he said last night are going to be said all over the
airwaves, all day today and tomorrow and the next day, and it's a wakeup
call. It is an alarm to the rest of us, that we need to train young people,
get them into the media, get them into broadcasting, and _do away_ with that
stuff so it'll just be a bad memory.

BERMAN: I like that: glass half-full analysis of that.

ALISYN CAMEROTA: The silver lining.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
FPP
2019-07-11 22:49:42 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
NoBody
2019-07-12 11:17:33 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:13 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
--
"Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people."
- FPP, excusing ANTIFA assaults
FPP
2019-07-15 10:57:55 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
Yawn. Sure. Whatever you boy(s) say.
Ubiquitous
Congrats! Admitting you have a problem is half the battle!
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:05 UTC
Sane Americans are all sick of hearing about women's soccer, but apparently
our national media isn't.

Megan Rapinoe, the captain of the World Cup-champion U.S. women's soccer
team, has made headlines over the last few weeks merely by acting like an
obnoxious leftist. From kneeling for the national anthem to using expletives
in public regarding a potential visit to the White House to complaining about
the mythical gender pay gap and even having the gall to purposely drop the
American flag in the celebration of the team's win on Sunday, Rapinoe has
become the newest flavor of the week for the Left.

And the media love all of it.

Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
could give him one. Rapinoe answered:

"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me. You're excluding people of
color. You're excluding, maybe, Americans that maybe support
you. We need to have a reckoning about your message of `Make
America Great Again,' I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."

This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history - and the first to actually start his
presidency with the stance of supporting gay marriage. But Rapinoe, who
happens to be a lesbian, needs a straw man to blame for her imaginary
victimhood - even as she is now possibly the most famous soccer player in the
world.

Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it" - thereby seeming to answer her own question as
to why men's soccer and other men's sports make more money in the first
place.

Rapinoe is clearly the Left's new hero. But in the end, Rapinoe is
irrelevant. She's just another leftist celebrity. But the obsession with her
points to a much larger problem, especially with the media.

These Leftist hosts could've chosen to have anyone on their shows. They
could've booked a patriotic athlete, even as a counterpoint to Rapinoe if
they still wanted to also have her on. But, unsurprisingly, these media
companies want these anti-American celebrities on the air, with as much
exposure as possible, because they agree with these celebrities about the
country and about the president who serves as its commander-in-chief.

This has been obvious all throughout the Trump era. The media accuses our
country of running concentration camps on the southern border, slanders the
president as a Russian collaborator, and consistently lambasts conservatives
and pro-American patriots as racist, sexist, bigoted fill-in-the-blank-
aphobes.

How else can one explain the media's reaction to an anodyne national
Independence Day celebration other than that the criticism very likely
sprouts from hatred for the country itself?

How else can one explain the media's constant fawning over former President
Barack Obama when he declared as a candidate that he wanted to "fundamentally
transform" the country?

Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?

There is a serious anti-American problem in our media. The mainstream media-
at-large has become a de facto wing of the radical Left. And until that
changes, they will remain, in the words of President Trump, "the enemy of the
people."

FPP
2019-07-13 20:27:40 UTC
This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history
Really? Is that why he did these things, you lying fuck?

- Embraced the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision.
- White House meeting with Anti-LGBTQ Ginni Thomas
- Coming out against the Equality Act
- AIDS advisory council restaffed
- Trans military ban implemented
- Brief against trans protections under Title VII
- List of anti-LGBT appointments grows
- Draconian anti-trans memo leaked
- HHS seeks to undo trans health rule
- Anti-trans ‘conscience rule’ is final
- Ending visas for unmarried partners of diplomats
- Proposal to gut trans protections at homeless shelters
- NIH and global AIDS programs slashed
- Recognizing global initiative to end anti-gay laws
- No State Dept. recognition of Pride Month, IDAHO
- Refusing to recognize birthright of child to gay couple
- LGBT protections watered-down in USMCA
- DOJ’s ‘Religious Liberty Task Force’
- Deleting trans employee guidance on OPM website
- Eliminating LGBT youth data question in foster care
- Trump stands with anti-LGBT adoption agencies
- Defended Karen Pence teaching at anti-LGBT school

Sure, clown... President Bumblefuck is the GRATEST LG-BBQ President OF
ALL TIME!
BTR1701
2019-07-14 02:32:18 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Post by Ubiquitous
We need to have a reckoning about your message of 'Make
America Great Again', I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."
"Harking back"?

JFC
Post by Ubiquitous
But Rapinoe, who happens to be a lesbian
What is with this 'happens to be' nonsense that has infested all media
reporting everywhere?

She doesn't 'happen to be' a lesbian. She is a lesbian. Just say that if
you feel the need to note it at all.
Post by Ubiquitous
Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it"
What? You mean good old capitalism is the answer to getting you paid
more, Megan? Who woulda thunk it?
Post by Ubiquitous
Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?
Well, that much is obvious.

Remember after the confederate statues debate flared up, Trump said: "I
wonder, is it George Washington next week, and is it Thomas Jefferson
the week after?"

At the time, of course, Trump was ridiculed for asking such a supposedly
stupid question.

Well, here we are, less than 2 years after Trump made that prediction
and Thomas Jefferson is indeed next. And this time it's not just a
statue.

This month, just in time for our nation's birthday, the politicians who
are charged with running Jefferson's hometown have decided that our
third president, the man who penned one of the most important documents
in human history, is now a dead white pillar of the patriarchy who must
be consigned to the ash heap of history.

With just one no vote, the city council of Jefferson's hometown,
Charlottesville, have decreed that from July 1, 2019 forth, the holiday
celebrating Jefferson's birth is to be held no more. Henceforth, they
will hold "Liberation and Freedom Day" instead as a rebuke to the former
slaveowner who was a champion of Enlightenment values and the father of
the University of Virginia.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-14 02:35:48 UTC
What liberal media?
July 13, 2019 at 7:32:18 PM MST
Post by Ubiquitous
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
2019-07-15 08:38:22 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\

anim8rfsk
2019-07-15 16:33:17 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\
The message I get from it is 'Ha ha ha no rotisserie prime rib for you'

We had a big fight yesterday so it will probably be a moot point for at least
a while.
2019-07-14 07:14:35 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Almost half of Americans made a loudmouth with orange hair our leader.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-17 01:05:01 UTC
Norah O'Donnell made her debut as anchor of the CBS Evening News Monday
night.

The newscast kicked off with O'Donnell covering President Donald Trump's
tweets going after Congresswomen Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley.

Somewhat notably, amid criticism of how news outlets are categorizing the
president's tweets, both O'Donnell and CBS News White House correspondent
Weijia Jiang both made reference to Trump's "racist tweets" without
qualifiers.

O'Donnell closed out her debut broadcast by quoting Edward R. Murrow saying,
"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and even it can inspire.
But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to
those ends. Otherwise, it's nothing but wires and lights in a box. There is a
great and perhaps decisive battle to be fought against ignorance,
intolerance, and indifference. This weapon of television could be useful."

Ubiquitous
2019-07-18 02:05:01 UTC
The self-proclaimed Antifa militant who was killed Saturday by
Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs
Enforcement detention center was seen in a recent CNN program that
critics say glorified a radical, left-wing movement.

Willem Van Spronsen, 69, sent a manifesto to friends the day before the
assault in which he wrote, "I am Antifa," and now he is lionized by
members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

He also appears to have been part of a May 5 episode of CNN's "United
Shades of America" with W. Kamau Bell.

The heavily promoted CNN show featured Bell explaining the "Redneck
Revolt," which he identified as gun-toting liberals who defend the
Second Amendment and seek to battle the "alt-right" and neo-Nazis.

Bell called them "good guys," going to a gun range with members and
even questioning why "more white people" don't share their viewpoints.

One of the men featured on the CNN special appears to be Van Spronsen
-- who was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched
his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m.
Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department.

Employees reported Van Spronsen was throwing 'incendiary devices' and
setting vehicles on fire and the first officers on the scene said he
was carrying flares. He allegedly was trying to ignite a propane tank
when he was confronted by the officers, who opened fire. The Pierce
County Medical Examiner's office said he died of multiple gunshot
wounds.

CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment and a request
to confirm that Van Spronsen was featured on the network.

Bell noted that the "Redneck Revolt" "protects counter-protesters,
feeds the hungry and provides gun safety courses. Bell also organized
an on-camera meeting between the "Redneck Revolt" and Black Lives
Matter -- Van Spronsen appears to be one of the attendees. The CNN host
laughed and nodded his head in agreement throughout the meeting.

"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."

Journalist Andy Ngo, who was attacked by Antifa during a protest in
Portland last month, first noticed that Van Spronsen appeared to be
recently glorified by CNN.

"CNN recently aired a documentary about the Antifa militia whose member
was killed in an ICE firebombing attack yesterday. You can see Mr van
Sprossen at the 4-second time stamp in this trailer," Ngo wrote while
resurfacing a tweet that CNN's W. Kamau Bell sent promoting the
special.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1124397498389356544

CNN's official Twitter account also tweeted a preview of the show that
appears to show Van Spronsen.

It's Going Down, a website that bills itself as "a digital community
center for anarchist, anti-fascist, autonomous anti-capitalist and
anti-colonial movements" with a mission "to provide a resilient
platform to publicize and promote revolutionary theory and action,"
published a piece commemorating Van Spronsen following his death.

"We understand why Willem Van Spronsen decided to give his life to
interrupt the violence that is perpetrated against undocumented people
in the United States every day," the site wrote. "He took personal
responsibility and did what he could to put an end to what he
recognized as injustice. what he did was heroic."

CNN's "United Shades of America" episode that seemingly featured Van
Spronsen also spent significant time promoting Antifa and Bell even
allowed a member to show off tie-dyed brass knuckles, a knife and
facemask during what the CNN host called "show and tell."

Others took to Twitter to point out that Van Spronsen's group was once
apparently promoted on CNN -- one user noted that Bell even asked his
followers to "support" the "good work they are doing to actively end
white supremacy."

CNN did not immediately respond when asked for comment on Bell asking
his Twitter followers to support the group.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/
2019/07/640/320/Bell-Tweet-7-15.jpg

The man who appears to be Van Spronsen is wearing a shirt during the
CNN show that promotes the Puget Sound chapter of the John Brown Gun
Club, which is part of the "Redneck Revolt." This is the specific group
that Bell asked his followers to support.

It was hardly the first time that CNN personalities have been accused
of defending Antifa and its members. Back in April, CNN host Chris
Cuomo argued that Antifa's "good cause" was not equivalent to the
positions espoused by neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

"You can talk about Antifa. I've watched them in streets protesting in
different situations, okay?" Cuomo said. "There are certainly aspects
of them that are true to a cause, that is a good cause, they want
social justice, they want whatever they want in that context."

CNN commentator Steve Cortes fired back, "Chris, Antifa is not a good
cause."

The CNN anchor clarified that he did not want to "espouse Antifa." But
in 2018, Cuomo also argued that Antifa's violence against police was
"not equal" to violence carried out by white supremacists and neo-
Nazis.

FPP
2019-07-18 22:05:42 UTC
"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."
You mean "any other outlet, except the Trump Administration", right?
--
There are three inescapable facts from the Mueller report that Mitch
McConnell can't hide:
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-24 01:05:04 UTC
It looks like MSNBC has decided to embrace a full-out Nazi scare as its 2020
electoral strategy. Last week, appearing on Nicolle Wallace's MSNBC show, Morning
Joe regular Donny Deutsch said another Holocaust "could happen here," wondering
"are Jews next?" The next day, on Morning Joe, Joe Scarborough described the
recent Trump rally in North Carolina as a "Nuremberg" rally.

Then came Tuesday morning, when Morning Joe made the Trump/Nazi analogy explicit.
First, Mika Brzezinski read portions of a column [subscription required] in the
Financial Times in which British author Gideon Rachman [who twice endorsed Obama]
drew an analogy between Germany in the early 1930s and the US/UK, now with the
advent of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

Joe Scarborough asked the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson whether the time had
come "to sound the alarm? When is the time to start saying, 'Well, does this look
like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in 1933?'"

Robinson replied, "The time to start sounding an alarm - a general alarm was some
time ago." He explicitly mentioned the notion that columnists generally refrain
from making the Hitler analogy, but that we're "getting close" to being obliged
to do so, and that the current situation "is crazy and it does not end well."

Robinson might well be right in saying this "does not end well" -- but not in the
way he intended. The liberal media/Dems can endeavor to make a Nazi scare the
centerpiece of its 2020 strategy, but it's hard to take seriously. President
Trump and his administration is the most Israel-friendly in recent memory.

This is pure projection by Morning Joe. It fails miserably, ironically coming
just after Squad member Ilhan Omar introduced what has been described as "a
repugnant resolution in the House comparing Israel to Nazi Germany and supporting
the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement that seeks to wage economic
warfare on the Jewish state."

So this is the current state of the left. One of its leading presidential
contenders direly predicts an economic crash. And the MSM/Dems try to convince
voters that another Kristallnacht is right around the corner. FDR famously said,
"the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." Looks like fear is the only
thing the left has to offer.

Here's the transcript.

MSNBC
Morning Joe
7/23/19
6:10 am EDT

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: At exactly 6:47 Eastern time, we're going to learn who is the
new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The race comes down to frontrunner,
former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and the current Foreign Secretary, Jeremy
Hunt. In his latest column for the Financial Times, entitled, "Donald Trump,
Boris Johnson and lessons from the 1930s," Gideon Rachman asks, when is it right
to sound the alarm about political turmoil? He writes in part this:

"The complaints by today's populists that a deep state in the US and Britain is
thwarting the will of the people is reminiscent Sebastian Haffner's description
of the far-right in Germany in the 1920s: 'With deep hatred they coined the word
'system' for the impalpable force that held them within bounds.' For the moment,
at least, they were held in bounds. A well-read young lawyer, Haffner nurtured a
deep intellectual contempt for the Nazis and 'their revolting jargon, every
syllable of which implied a violent stupidity.' But this contempt turned out to
be a political trap because 'I was inclined not to take them very seriously -- a
common attitude among their inexperienced opponents which helped them a lot.'"

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Gene Robinson, very quickly, before we go to Bill Neely in
London -

BRZEZINSKI: -- this is really important.

SCARBOROUGH: -- when do you sound that political alarm? There are certain things
we are not allowed to say, but I must say the last week we have seen the United
States of America go from electing a candidate who promised to keep Muslims out
of America, who prayed against that discrimination and that bigotry, talking
about a Muslim registry like the Nazis had a Jewish registry, and now we move
from that to a President who is now talking about kicking out American citizens.
Be they Muslims or hispanics or black women, that he just doesn't like, which he
says they are quote lucky to be here. So we look at this FT article and I'm
wondering, Gene, when is the time to sound the alarm? When is the time to start
saying, well, does this look like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in
1933? Is now the time to start asking that question?

EUGENE ROBINSON: Well, the time to start sounding an alarm, a general alarm, was
some time ago. And people should be screaming now. The alarm should be at full
volume. You know, one thing you - most columnists wisely resolve, is don't bring
out the Hitler/Germany analogy, you know? That's - you never use that. We're
getting close. I mean, we're getting to the point where you need to start just
looking at the historical precedent and understanding that, you know, history
doesn't repeat, it rhymes. But there are some awful, awful things happening in
the great democracies that sort of uphold the western - the western values and
western order. And have done so for decades and, you know, the United States and
Britain. And this is crazy and it does not end well.
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-godwin-godwins-law-20180624-story.html
FPP