What liberal media?
2019-07-09 21:39:57 UTC
It's the oldest play in the book, comprised of technicalities and
questioning your lying eyes.
Sure. Know who used that excuse?
Sure you do!

"Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's
happening'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44959340/donald-trump-what-you-re-seeing-and-what-you-re-reading-is-not-what-s-happening
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
Ubiquitous
2019-07-11 02:05:04 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .

Tucker Carlson and Rep. Ilhan Omar got into a dust-up yesterday, and CNN
analyst Errol Louis took advantage to make a pitch for training more liberal
journalists and using them to "do away" with conservative media. On his Fox
News show om Tuesday night, Carlson said that Omar "hates this country more
than ever," and that Omar "is living proof that the way we practice
immigration has become dangerous to this country."

Omar tweeted a response, calling Tucker a "racist fool," taunting that "they
will just have to get used to calling me Congresswoman!"

Co-host John Berman, after claiming that "many" found Carlson's comments on
Omar to have been "flat-out racist," invited CNN analyst Errol Louis to
comment. Louis proceeded to call for a new cadre of young liberal journalists
to be trained, with the express purpose being to "do away" with that "racist
garbage" like Carlson's show. Here was Louis:

"We need to train young people, get them into the media, get
them into broadcasting, and do away with that stuff [the "racist
garbage" of Tucker and "talk radio"], so it will just be a bad
memory."

So Louis wants to "train" [translation: indoctrinate] young people, and get
them into "the media" and "broadcasting." And as is typical of the left,
which brooks no dissent and has no interest in diversity of thought, the goal
is not to engage with people on the right. No, the objective is to "do away"
with the conservative media.

"Train young people" to become liberal media drones? As if every journalism
school in the country isn't already doing that? As if virtually every college
isn't dominated by left-wing faculty that seeks to indoctrinate students
every day in combating racist/sexist right-wingers? What more could Louis
hope for?

Co-hosts John Berman and Alisyn Camerota loved Louis's call to create a new
cadre of left-wing journalists, Berman saying it was a "glass half-full
anaysis" and Camerota calling it "the silver lining."

Here's the transcript.

CNN
New Day
7/10/19
6:25 am EDT

JOHN BERMAN: You know, there's a lot of an attempt here to create
intellectual depth to what too many is just a racist comment. A flat out
racist comment or offensive comment, suggesting that people shouldn't be
allowed in the country. Errol?

ERROL LOUIS: It's interesting. Because to go back for a minute to something
we talked about before, we know that there are lots of young girls who were
watching the women's soccer team, and they're being inspired and they're
going to sort of change the world.

There are a lot of people - I happen to have been one of them as a kid - who
saw all kinds of racist garbage coming out over the airwaves. People like
Tucker Carlson. And it was one of the things that inspired me to get into
this business, to try to drive the vestiges of that garbage. On talk radio,
in particular, you heard it for years and years and years-just spewing this
kind of garbage. It's stuff like that.

And things like what he said last night are going to be said all over the
airwaves, all day today and tomorrow and the next day, and it's a wakeup
call. It is an alarm to the rest of us, that we need to train young people,
get them into the media, get them into broadcasting, and _do away_ with that
stuff so it'll just be a bad memory.

BERMAN: I like that: glass half-full analysis of that.

ALISYN CAMEROTA: The silver lining.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
FPP
2019-07-11 22:49:42 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
NoBody
2019-07-12 11:17:33 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:13 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
--
"Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people."
- FPP, excusing ANTIFA assaults
FPP
2019-07-15 10:57:55 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
Yawn. Sure. Whatever you boy(s) say.
Ubiquitous
Congrats! Admitting you have a problem is half the battle!
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:05 UTC
Sane Americans are all sick of hearing about women's soccer, but apparently
our national media isn't.

Megan Rapinoe, the captain of the World Cup-champion U.S. women's soccer
team, has made headlines over the last few weeks merely by acting like an
obnoxious leftist. From kneeling for the national anthem to using expletives
in public regarding a potential visit to the White House to complaining about
the mythical gender pay gap and even having the gall to purposely drop the
American flag in the celebration of the team's win on Sunday, Rapinoe has
become the newest flavor of the week for the Left.

And the media love all of it.

Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
could give him one. Rapinoe answered:

"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me. You're excluding people of
color. You're excluding, maybe, Americans that maybe support
you. We need to have a reckoning about your message of `Make
America Great Again,' I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."

This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history - and the first to actually start his
presidency with the stance of supporting gay marriage. But Rapinoe, who
happens to be a lesbian, needs a straw man to blame for her imaginary
victimhood - even as she is now possibly the most famous soccer player in the
world.

Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it" - thereby seeming to answer her own question as
to why men's soccer and other men's sports make more money in the first
place.

Rapinoe is clearly the Left's new hero. But in the end, Rapinoe is
irrelevant. She's just another leftist celebrity. But the obsession with her
points to a much larger problem, especially with the media.

These Leftist hosts could've chosen to have anyone on their shows. They
could've booked a patriotic athlete, even as a counterpoint to Rapinoe if
they still wanted to also have her on. But, unsurprisingly, these media
companies want these anti-American celebrities on the air, with as much
exposure as possible, because they agree with these celebrities about the
country and about the president who serves as its commander-in-chief.

This has been obvious all throughout the Trump era. The media accuses our
country of running concentration camps on the southern border, slanders the
president as a Russian collaborator, and consistently lambasts conservatives
and pro-American patriots as racist, sexist, bigoted fill-in-the-blank-
aphobes.

How else can one explain the media's reaction to an anodyne national
Independence Day celebration other than that the criticism very likely
sprouts from hatred for the country itself?

How else can one explain the media's constant fawning over former President
Barack Obama when he declared as a candidate that he wanted to "fundamentally
transform" the country?

Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?

There is a serious anti-American problem in our media. The mainstream media-
at-large has become a de facto wing of the radical Left. And until that
changes, they will remain, in the words of President Trump, "the enemy of the
people."

FPP
2019-07-13 20:27:40 UTC
This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history
Really? Is that why he did these things, you lying fuck?

- Embraced the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision.
- White House meeting with Anti-LGBTQ Ginni Thomas
- Coming out against the Equality Act
- AIDS advisory council restaffed
- Trans military ban implemented
- Brief against trans protections under Title VII
- List of anti-LGBT appointments grows
- Draconian anti-trans memo leaked
- HHS seeks to undo trans health rule
- Anti-trans ‘conscience rule’ is final
- Ending visas for unmarried partners of diplomats
- Proposal to gut trans protections at homeless shelters
- NIH and global AIDS programs slashed
- Recognizing global initiative to end anti-gay laws
- No State Dept. recognition of Pride Month, IDAHO
- Refusing to recognize birthright of child to gay couple
- LGBT protections watered-down in USMCA
- DOJ’s ‘Religious Liberty Task Force’
- Deleting trans employee guidance on OPM website
- Eliminating LGBT youth data question in foster care
- Trump stands with anti-LGBT adoption agencies
- Defended Karen Pence teaching at anti-LGBT school

Sure, clown... President Bumblefuck is the GRATEST LG-BBQ President OF
ALL TIME!
BTR1701
2019-07-14 02:32:18 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Post by Ubiquitous
We need to have a reckoning about your message of 'Make
America Great Again', I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."
"Harking back"?

JFC
Post by Ubiquitous
But Rapinoe, who happens to be a lesbian
What is with this 'happens to be' nonsense that has infested all media
reporting everywhere?

She doesn't 'happen to be' a lesbian. She is a lesbian. Just say that if
you feel the need to note it at all.
Post by Ubiquitous
Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it"
What? You mean good old capitalism is the answer to getting you paid
more, Megan? Who woulda thunk it?
Post by Ubiquitous
Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?
Well, that much is obvious.

Remember after the confederate statues debate flared up, Trump said: "I
wonder, is it George Washington next week, and is it Thomas Jefferson
the week after?"

At the time, of course, Trump was ridiculed for asking such a supposedly
stupid question.

Well, here we are, less than 2 years after Trump made that prediction
and Thomas Jefferson is indeed next. And this time it's not just a
statue.

This month, just in time for our nation's birthday, the politicians who
are charged with running Jefferson's hometown have decided that our
third president, the man who penned one of the most important documents
in human history, is now a dead white pillar of the patriarchy who must
be consigned to the ash heap of history.

With just one no vote, the city council of Jefferson's hometown,
Charlottesville, have decreed that from July 1, 2019 forth, the holiday
celebrating Jefferson's birth is to be held no more. Henceforth, they
will hold "Liberation and Freedom Day" instead as a rebuke to the former
slaveowner who was a champion of Enlightenment values and the father of
the University of Virginia.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-14 02:35:48 UTC
What liberal media?
July 13, 2019 at 7:32:18 PM MST
Post by Ubiquitous
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
2019-07-15 08:38:22 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\

anim8rfsk
2019-07-15 16:33:17 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\
The message I get from it is 'Ha ha ha no rotisserie prime rib for you'

We had a big fight yesterday so it will probably be a moot point for at least
a while.
2019-07-14 07:14:35 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Almost half of Americans made a loudmouth with orange hair our leader.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-17 01:05:01 UTC
Norah O'Donnell made her debut as anchor of the CBS Evening News Monday
night.

The newscast kicked off with O'Donnell covering President Donald Trump's
tweets going after Congresswomen Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley.

Somewhat notably, amid criticism of how news outlets are categorizing the
president's tweets, both O'Donnell and CBS News White House correspondent
Weijia Jiang both made reference to Trump's "racist tweets" without
qualifiers.

O'Donnell closed out her debut broadcast by quoting Edward R. Murrow saying,
"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and even it can inspire.
But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to
those ends. Otherwise, it's nothing but wires and lights in a box. There is a
great and perhaps decisive battle to be fought against ignorance,
intolerance, and indifference. This weapon of television could be useful."

Ubiquitous
2019-07-18 02:05:01 UTC
The self-proclaimed Antifa militant who was killed Saturday by
Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs
Enforcement detention center was seen in a recent CNN program that
critics say glorified a radical, left-wing movement.

Willem Van Spronsen, 69, sent a manifesto to friends the day before the
assault in which he wrote, "I am Antifa," and now he is lionized by
members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

He also appears to have been part of a May 5 episode of CNN's "United
Shades of America" with W. Kamau Bell.

The heavily promoted CNN show featured Bell explaining the "Redneck
Revolt," which he identified as gun-toting liberals who defend the
Second Amendment and seek to battle the "alt-right" and neo-Nazis.

Bell called them "good guys," going to a gun range with members and
even questioning why "more white people" don't share their viewpoints.

One of the men featured on the CNN special appears to be Van Spronsen
-- who was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched
his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m.
Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department.

Employees reported Van Spronsen was throwing 'incendiary devices' and
setting vehicles on fire and the first officers on the scene said he
was carrying flares. He allegedly was trying to ignite a propane tank
when he was confronted by the officers, who opened fire. The Pierce
County Medical Examiner's office said he died of multiple gunshot
wounds.

CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment and a request
to confirm that Van Spronsen was featured on the network.

Bell noted that the "Redneck Revolt" "protects counter-protesters,
feeds the hungry and provides gun safety courses. Bell also organized
an on-camera meeting between the "Redneck Revolt" and Black Lives
Matter -- Van Spronsen appears to be one of the attendees. The CNN host
laughed and nodded his head in agreement throughout the meeting.

"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."

Journalist Andy Ngo, who was attacked by Antifa during a protest in
Portland last month, first noticed that Van Spronsen appeared to be
recently glorified by CNN.

"CNN recently aired a documentary about the Antifa militia whose member
was killed in an ICE firebombing attack yesterday. You can see Mr van
Sprossen at the 4-second time stamp in this trailer," Ngo wrote while
resurfacing a tweet that CNN's W. Kamau Bell sent promoting the
special.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1124397498389356544

CNN's official Twitter account also tweeted a preview of the show that
appears to show Van Spronsen.

It's Going Down, a website that bills itself as "a digital community
center for anarchist, anti-fascist, autonomous anti-capitalist and
anti-colonial movements" with a mission "to provide a resilient
platform to publicize and promote revolutionary theory and action,"
published a piece commemorating Van Spronsen following his death.

"We understand why Willem Van Spronsen decided to give his life to
interrupt the violence that is perpetrated against undocumented people
in the United States every day," the site wrote. "He took personal
responsibility and did what he could to put an end to what he
recognized as injustice. what he did was heroic."

CNN's "United Shades of America" episode that seemingly featured Van
Spronsen also spent significant time promoting Antifa and Bell even
allowed a member to show off tie-dyed brass knuckles, a knife and
facemask during what the CNN host called "show and tell."

Others took to Twitter to point out that Van Spronsen's group was once
apparently promoted on CNN -- one user noted that Bell even asked his
followers to "support" the "good work they are doing to actively end
white supremacy."

CNN did not immediately respond when asked for comment on Bell asking
his Twitter followers to support the group.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/
2019/07/640/320/Bell-Tweet-7-15.jpg

The man who appears to be Van Spronsen is wearing a shirt during the
CNN show that promotes the Puget Sound chapter of the John Brown Gun
Club, which is part of the "Redneck Revolt." This is the specific group
that Bell asked his followers to support.

It was hardly the first time that CNN personalities have been accused
of defending Antifa and its members. Back in April, CNN host Chris
Cuomo argued that Antifa's "good cause" was not equivalent to the
positions espoused by neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

"You can talk about Antifa. I've watched them in streets protesting in
different situations, okay?" Cuomo said. "There are certainly aspects
of them that are true to a cause, that is a good cause, they want
social justice, they want whatever they want in that context."

CNN commentator Steve Cortes fired back, "Chris, Antifa is not a good
cause."

The CNN anchor clarified that he did not want to "espouse Antifa." But
in 2018, Cuomo also argued that Antifa's violence against police was
"not equal" to violence carried out by white supremacists and neo-
Nazis.

FPP
2019-07-18 22:05:42 UTC
"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."
You mean "any other outlet, except the Trump Administration", right?
--
There are three inescapable facts from the Mueller report that Mitch
McConnell can't hide:
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-24 01:05:04 UTC
It looks like MSNBC has decided to embrace a full-out Nazi scare as its 2020
electoral strategy. Last week, appearing on Nicolle Wallace's MSNBC show, Morning
Joe regular Donny Deutsch said another Holocaust "could happen here," wondering
"are Jews next?" The next day, on Morning Joe, Joe Scarborough described the
recent Trump rally in North Carolina as a "Nuremberg" rally.

Then came Tuesday morning, when Morning Joe made the Trump/Nazi analogy explicit.
First, Mika Brzezinski read portions of a column [subscription required] in the
Financial Times in which British author Gideon Rachman [who twice endorsed Obama]
drew an analogy between Germany in the early 1930s and the US/UK, now with the
advent of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

Joe Scarborough asked the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson whether the time had
come "to sound the alarm? When is the time to start saying, 'Well, does this look
like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in 1933?'"

Robinson replied, "The time to start sounding an alarm - a general alarm was some
time ago." He explicitly mentioned the notion that columnists generally refrain
from making the Hitler analogy, but that we're "getting close" to being obliged
to do so, and that the current situation "is crazy and it does not end well."

Robinson might well be right in saying this "does not end well" -- but not in the
way he intended. The liberal media/Dems can endeavor to make a Nazi scare the
centerpiece of its 2020 strategy, but it's hard to take seriously. President
Trump and his administration is the most Israel-friendly in recent memory.

This is pure projection by Morning Joe. It fails miserably, ironically coming
just after Squad member Ilhan Omar introduced what has been described as "a
repugnant resolution in the House comparing Israel to Nazi Germany and supporting
the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement that seeks to wage economic
warfare on the Jewish state."

So this is the current state of the left. One of its leading presidential
contenders direly predicts an economic crash. And the MSM/Dems try to convince
voters that another Kristallnacht is right around the corner. FDR famously said,
"the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." Looks like fear is the only
thing the left has to offer.

Here's the transcript.

MSNBC
Morning Joe
7/23/19
6:10 am EDT

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: At exactly 6:47 Eastern time, we're going to learn who is the
new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The race comes down to frontrunner,
former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and the current Foreign Secretary, Jeremy
Hunt. In his latest column for the Financial Times, entitled, "Donald Trump,
Boris Johnson and lessons from the 1930s," Gideon Rachman asks, when is it right
to sound the alarm about political turmoil? He writes in part this:

"The complaints by today's populists that a deep state in the US and Britain is
thwarting the will of the people is reminiscent Sebastian Haffner's description
of the far-right in Germany in the 1920s: 'With deep hatred they coined the word
'system' for the impalpable force that held them within bounds.' For the moment,
at least, they were held in bounds. A well-read young lawyer, Haffner nurtured a
deep intellectual contempt for the Nazis and 'their revolting jargon, every
syllable of which implied a violent stupidity.' But this contempt turned out to
be a political trap because 'I was inclined not to take them very seriously -- a
common attitude among their inexperienced opponents which helped them a lot.'"

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Gene Robinson, very quickly, before we go to Bill Neely in
London -

BRZEZINSKI: -- this is really important.

SCARBOROUGH: -- when do you sound that political alarm? There are certain things
we are not allowed to say, but I must say the last week we have seen the United
States of America go from electing a candidate who promised to keep Muslims out
of America, who prayed against that discrimination and that bigotry, talking
about a Muslim registry like the Nazis had a Jewish registry, and now we move
from that to a President who is now talking about kicking out American citizens.
Be they Muslims or hispanics or black women, that he just doesn't like, which he
says they are quote lucky to be here. So we look at this FT article and I'm
wondering, Gene, when is the time to sound the alarm? When is the time to start
saying, well, does this look like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in
1933? Is now the time to start asking that question?

EUGENE ROBINSON: Well, the time to start sounding an alarm, a general alarm, was
some time ago. And people should be screaming now. The alarm should be at full
volume. You know, one thing you - most columnists wisely resolve, is don't bring
out the Hitler/Germany analogy, you know? That's - you never use that. We're
getting close. I mean, we're getting to the point where you need to start just
looking at the historical precedent and understanding that, you know, history
doesn't repeat, it rhymes. But there are some awful, awful things happening in
the great democracies that sort of uphold the western - the western values and
western order. And have done so for decades and, you know, the United States and
Britain. And this is crazy and it does not end well.
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-godwin-godwins-law-20180624-story.html
FPP
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-07-26 01:05:01 UTC
ABC Chief Legal Analyst and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams criticized Democratic
lawmakers' performance at Robert Mueller's hearing while stressing "this
isn't a win for Donald Trump."

Abrams was breaking down Mueller's testimony during a Thursday appearance on
ABC's The View.

"So You Know Who in the White House called the Mueller hearings a devastating
day for the Democrats and said Mueller did a horrible job. Nancy Pelosi
called it historic. So what did you call it?" Whoopi Goldberg asked.

"The whole point of the Democrats calling Robert Mueller was for him to bring
this thing to life so it would be the `movie' of the Mueller report. That
didn't happen at all," Abrams said.

A lot of times the Republicans would really go after Mueller, and then at the
end of their time, Mueller would seem to want to respond, and a Democrat
would be up and instead of saying `Mr. Mueller, can you please continue?'
They would start with some pre-scripted thing about the three elements of
obstruction," he continued.

Abrams argued that the facts laid out in the hearing, however, were not
helpful to Trump at all.

"This isn't a win for Donald Trump," Abrams said. "I mean, you have there,
again and again, Robert Mueller, in essence, saying he's lying. He's lying
when he says no obstruction. He's lying when he says, I found no collusion.
The answers that he gave to us were misleading, generally not truthful. How
is that a win for President Trump?"

--
Watching Trump come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like watching Wile E.
Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
FPP
2019-07-26 21:50:01 UTC
"The whole point of the Democrats calling Robert Mueller was for him to bring
this thing to life so it would be the `movie' of the Mueller report. That
didn't happen at all," Abrams said.
No, it wasn't. If it had, they would have sold popcorn.
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-07-27 01:05:06 UTC

MSNBC host Donny Deutsch on Friday said Democrats weren't going to
"play fair" to make sure President Donald Trump goes to jail.

Deutsch appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe, where he discussed some of the
2020 strategies he believes Democrats should follow to defeat Trump and
send him to jail. After co-host Joe Scarborough went on a rant against
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), dubbing him "Moscow
Mitch," Deutsch praised Scarborough.

"What you said in a couple minutes yesterday to me is the most
important thing that's ever been said on this show or on any show on
this air and that we are at war," Deutsch said. "It is time for the
Democrats to wake up. We are playing against cheaters and liars or
stealers."

He went on to offer a different rendition of former first lady Michelle
Obama's slogan, "When they go low, we go high." Deutsch said, "When
they go low, we got to do whatever we have to do."

"We may not have won the battle of impeachment, but we're going to win
the war of putting him in jail whatever we have to do and we're not
going to necessarily play fair," Deutsch said. "For all the
intellectuals out there whose hair is going to go on fire, ‘But we're
becoming like them. We're becoming like them,' we cannot lose the next
election. We will go back 50 years."

During the segment, "branding expert" Deutsch also offered some advice
to Democrats about how they should label Trump.

"We actually have a government led by Moscow Mitch and criminal Trump.
Oh by the way, we're going to call him ‘un-indicted criminal Trump' now
because in two instances he has been an un-indicted criminal, so I know
in regular when you're playing fair, you're supposed to call him
President Trump. Just like when we call him Moscow Mitch, we're going
to call him ‘criminal Trump.'" Deutsch said.

While Deutsch has called Trump a "sociopath," "dictator," "evil," and
"a pig," who might lead the country to a civil war, he said back in
March he would vote for Trump over a socialist .

"No, you won't," Scarborough said. "Stop yourself."

"Let me correct myself, thank you, Joe," Deutsch said.

"You will never vote for a bigot, a guy that's made bigoted statements
for the past three years," Scarborough said.

Deutsch clarified he would be "so distraught" if Democrats nominated a
socialist candidate.

NoBody
2019-07-28 13:37:55 UTC
http://youtu.be/I4XaHHUBXDs
[...]
#WhatLiberalMedia
This kind of stuff borders on treason but at least they are no longer
hiding their agenda.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-28 14:33:59 UTC
On Thursday's Cuomo Primetime, Chris Cuomo invited CNN contributor
Jennifer Granholm and frequent guest Michael Eric Dyson to discuss the
upcoming CNN Democrat debate. As they discussed forgiveness for Joe
Biden's busing decisions in the 1970s, Dyson claimed a woman or a
minority would be "berated" for behaving like President Trump.

As if Trump has _not_ been berated?

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnn-panel-seems-unaware-media-berate-trump-constantly

MICHAEL ERIC DYSON: Donald Trump has an ability and a privilege
to say nasty and do nasty things that an African-American, a
woman won't. If Hillary Clinton had done -half the stuff that
this man is doing, she would have been berated. If Barack
Obama had taken a sip of a White Russian drink--

CHRIS CUOMO: Because the Left cares about this in a candidate.

DYSON: --in the White House, if he had taken a White Russian
drink.

CUOMO: The Left, you guys care about this stuff.

DYSON: But - but I'm saying to you --

CUOMO: You guys will judge on this. His people will not.

DYSON: But I'm saying to you, sir, a black man can't be angry,
a black woman can't be as angry as Donald Trump, can't be as
vociferous, as vituperative, as nasty, and as inconsequent --
as a -- disregarding the consequences of his own speech. And
I'm telling you, that's a form of privilege that these
candidates don't have.

Cuomo agreed: "Very true. You must understand the rules at play even if
you want to change and reject those rules."

After praising Dyson for using the word "vituperative," joking "the biggest
word I use is mayonnaise," Cuomo further concurred: "You've got the metaphor
here. You've got a white, Anglo-Saxon man who is preaching to America that
its prejudices are well-founded, and that the division is necessary. And
you're going to have a monumental task in front of you. It'll go to the
core of the soul of this country."

The CNN host also seemed to be forgetting that Trump received substantial
criticism from within his own party before he won the nomination but not
so much since, as one would expect to happen. Similarly, President Bill
Clinton was defended persistently by his fellow Democrats while he was in
office no matter what happened.

Ubiquitous
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?

FLASHBACK: Fox 45 news report in September 2018 with Baltimore
Mayor Catherine Pugh:

Mayor Pugh:

"What the hell? We should just take all this shit down."

"Whoa, you can smell the rats." pic.twitter.com/BqhsL2Dsx7

- Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) July 28, 2019

Here's what she said:

Pugh made the remarks during a Fox 45 segment while touring
a Baltimore neighborhood that was supposed to highlight her
"violence-reduction initiative."

As Pugh toured the neighborhood, she said: "What the hell? We
should just take all this sh*t down. . Whoa, you can smell the
rats. . Whew, Jesus. . Oh, my God, you can smell the dead animals."

Yeah, that happened. Is she racist against Baltimore? Apparently.

Also, that same mayor resigned over her corruption later:
https://therightscoop.com/baltimore-mayor-resigns-after-the-feds-raided-her-
home-and-offices/

You're telling me a city whose mayor resigns over a children's book
corruption scandal is just fine??!?! Tell me another tall tale,
Representative Cummings.

FPP
2019-07-30 11:30:53 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
A Friend
2019-07-30 12:34:15 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.

I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?

I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
NoBody
2019-07-30 13:51:33 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.
I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?
I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
Why do you reseverve you "outrage" for Trumps when Dems have said far
worse things about the very same area. Fake outrage is the term
you're looking for.
FPP
2019-07-30 22:00:40 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased.
Remember when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how
crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing. At all. This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.
I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?
I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
Politicians respond to criticism from their fellow politicians by
hitting them on their own failings. Welcome to the world as it has been
since forever.
Cummings was relentlessly blasting Trump and Trump blasted back at one
of Cummings' weak points. Shocker. If Cummings doesn't like it, maybe he
should make some effort to clean up the mountain of garbage he calls a
district.
Well, well, it didn't take the racists long to pop up and defend their
Lord and Master.
Too bad they, as usual, don't know a fact from the pile of dogshit they
have for brains.

(Yes, "counseliar", I'm, looking at you, the attorney of record for The
Trump Brotherhood - emphasis on the word "hood".)

"Using data from the “Biggest US Cities” website, Nate Silver of
fivethirtyeight.com took to Twitter to point out that Cummings’s
district has “above-average college education rates and home prices,
along with a pretty good mix of urban and suburban areas (even some
rural), and well-off, working-class and middle-class areas.”

Silver also pointed out the district is the second-wealthiest
majority-black district in the country, with a $58,000 median household
income, trailing Maryland’s 4th Congressional District, which includes
parts of the Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Cummings’
district is also the second-most-well-educated majority-black district
because 37% of the residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher,
trailing Georgia’s 4th District, Silver added."

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-trump-baltimore-analysis-20190727-wsnwhl6so5hlhfo5uhmmiz5zfa-story.html

Please... give us the Dimwitted Dropbox version of your rebuttal now.
-Elizabeth Warren
trotsky
2019-07-31 08:29:16 UTC
[...]
I'm glad Cummings has a district that's doing well, but even if he
didn't it's still happening on Trump's watch. Truman used to say "The
buck stops here" while Trump, with his words and actions, is saying "I
don't have the balls to let the buck stop here."
NoBody
2019-07-31 13:30:18 UTC
[...]
Good grief, the city has been a cesspool for 60 years and suddently
it's Trump's fault? You've lost it.
NoBody
2019-07-31 13:29:30 UTC
[...]
Maybe FPP can explain why pointing out that Baltimore is a cesspool is
racist by using facts and not rhetoric.
Post by FPP
(Yes, "counseliar", I'm, looking at you, the attorney of record for The
Trump Brotherhood - emphasis on the word "hood".)
"Using data from the “Biggest US Cities” website, Nate Silver of
fivethirtyeight.com took to Twitter to point out that Cummings’s
district has “above-average college education rates and home prices,
along with a pretty good mix of urban and suburban areas (even some
rural), and well-off, working-class and middle-class areas.”
I'm guessing that FPP didn't bother reviewing the footage of garbage
everywhere and abandoned buildings. It's also one of the most
dangerous places to live in this country.
Post by FPP
Silver also pointed out the district is the second-wealthiest
majority-black district in the country, with a $58,000 median household
income, trailing Maryland’s 4th Congressional District, which includes
parts of the Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Cummings’
district is also the second-most-well-educated majority-black district
because 37% of the residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher,
trailing Georgia’s 4th District, Silver added."
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-trump-baltimore-analysis-20190727-wsnwhl6so5hlhfo5uhmmiz5zfa-story.html
Please... give us the Dimwitted Dropbox version of your rebuttal now.
So all these rich people watch their fellow Dems live in squallor -
how liberal of all of you.
FPP
2019-07-30 22:19:13 UTC
[...]
Maybe he was just following your leader?

"It’s more than a little ironic that Donald Trump attacked Baltimore for
impoverished conditions. Some of Donald Trump’s wealth (and the wealth
of son-in-law Jared Kushner, too) came from owning and operating squalid
housing in Maryland. In fact, the Maryland properties owned by the Trump
Organization were so bad that Donald Trump’s own father was arrested in
1976 when he flew there to meet with local officials.

When the notoriously frugal Fred Trump failed to pay for repairs by that
July, his housing license was revoked, preventing him from signing new
leases. The blow to his pocketbook spurred him to action: Trump agreed
to fly to Maryland to meet with local officials on Sept. 29, 1976.
Instead, he was arrested.

Prince George’s was cracking down on dilapidated housing complexes, but
arresting an owner was unusual. “We probably haven’t issued four arrest
warrants in the past five years,” Joseph T. Healey, the county’s housing
inspector supervisor, told The Post for an article about the arrest."

No wonder Trump thought the White House was "a dump". Maybe he just
brings the squalor with him?
A Friend
2019-07-31 16:56:44 UTC
[...]
The following deals with the presumption that Cummings' district is a
"mountain of garbage":

[...]

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1155086222202744835

I realize that I am supplying facts to counter Trump's continuing, and
utterly racist, ploy for angry white support, and that doing so will
accomplish nothing. It's only for the record.

BTW what was Cummings supposed to do about all those Baltimorean rats?
Buy a flute and march them to the river?
BTR1701
2019-07-31 17:24:56 UTC
[...]
Pointing at that rich neighborhood all the way over on the other side of
town doesn't change the fact that entire neighborhoods there are worse
than the slums of Mumbai and Mogadishu.

Downtown L.A. has a high median income, too, because of all the people
living in multi-million dollar high-rise condos. That doesn't mean skid
row, in the same district isn't a blasted-out, garbage-strewn,
disease-ridden hellish war zone.

(Another city that's enjoyed decades of uninterrupted Democrat control.)
A Friend
2019-07-31 18:45:01 UTC
[...]
Well, hardly. For one thing, they all have clean running water, which
alone puts them centuries ahead of those other places. However, I am
not pointing across town; those were district-wide stats.
<shrug> Even Salt Lake City has its problems.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-07-31 20:43:07 UTC
Would everyone please cut Ubi's bullshit crossposts? If you don't read a
newsgroup, don't crosspost to it. Ubi doesn't read those other
newsgroups.
. . .
[...]
The various neighborhoods I've lived in in Chicago have always had
plenty of rats. I've lived in middle-density areas, a mix of small
apartment buildings and single-family homes. The single-family homes
have backyards. Dog owners let the dogs poop in the backyard and never
clean it up. That's what maintains the high rat population more than
anything else.

It's nothing to do with the presence of rich people nor poor people,
just dog owners unwilling to clean up after their dogs. Oh, I've seen
upper class older women with little white dogs who don't pick up.

There are plenty of rats in rural areas, but they don't generally spread
disease like city rats.

I had no idea that rats stay out of big cities with Republican mayors.
That will inform my vote from now on.
FPP
2019-07-31 22:20:43 UTC
[...]
The point being that Trump is lying when he calls Cummings' district a
living Hell no human would want to live in.

Because, of course, Trump knows next to nothing about anything - and all
it was was another of his racist attacks on people of color.

He doesn't attack what people DO, he attacks what people ARE.
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-07-31 01:05:01 UTC
Not only did NBC debate moderators give California Sen. Kamala Harris
extra time during its June debate, it turns out twelve executives from
NBC Universal and parent company Comcast gave her campaign cash too.

NBC was ready to crown Harris the victor after its two-night,
Democratic debates June 26 and 27. In various programming the network
heaped praise on the "breakout star," calling her "brave" and
"powerful."

But NBC's moderators broke their own debate rules by giving Harris more
time than she was supposed to get, some of which she used to attack
former Vice President Joe Biden and accuse him. The resulting exchange
caused MSNBC host Chris Matthews to wonder if Biden could survive
Harris' "amazing night in history."

Now, recently released Federal Election Commission data revealed Harris
had another kind of help from NBC.

Money.

At least 12 NBCUniversal/Comcast executives donated to the Harris
campaign in the months leading up to the debate. The FEC data included
March and April 2019 donations, raising concerns about potential
conflicts of interest.

Five news-related executives were of particular concern including three
executives who provide oversight to NBC News and two others who are in
charge of Comcast's political advertising sales.

Those five were Vice Chairman of NBC Universal Ronald Meyer, Chairman
of NBCU Film and Entertainment Jeff Shell, President of NBC Universal
International Television Distribution and Universal Networks
International Belinda Menendez, Comcast Spotlight Senior Vice President
and Marketing Executive Maria Weaver and Vice President of Enterprise
Sales and Global Commercial Development Katie Back of FreeWheel, A
Comcast Company.

The Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics clearly states
that journalists should "Avoid conflicts of interest, real or
perceived. Disclose unavoidable conflicts."

It also states that journalists should refuse credibility-harming
"special treatment" and should "Avoid political and other outside
activities that may compromise integrity or impartiality, or may damage
credibility."

NBC Universal had not responded to Media Research Center's request for
comment as of July 23, 2019.

NBC Moderators Help Harris By Extending Her Time, Breaking Their Own
Rules

NBC's rules for the debate were that "candidates will have 60 seconds
to answer questions and 30 seconds to respond to follow-ups. And there
will be no opening statements, though candidates will have a chance to
deliver closing remarks."

In reality, there were multiple instances where moderators Chuck Todd
and Rachel Maddow broke those rules.

Maddow allowed Harris to give a speech on race neither in response to a
question nor as a follow-up in violation of debate rules. The speech
lasted approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds. She spent the majority of
the time attacking Biden.

The speech occurred when Harris interrupted a question posed to
opponent and author Marianne Williamson saying, "As the only black
person on this stage, I would like to speak on the issue of race."

Journalism group The Poynter Institute, a prominent journalism think
tank, noted that the "magic moment" of Harris and Biden's exchange on
race was the moderators' fault. In it, Harris attacked Biden over his
Senate record working with segregationist congressional leaders.

Politico estimated that the entire exchange between Harris and Biden
lasted a whopping 5 minutes.

The moderators "ignored the rules on time and simply let this hold-
your-breath conversation play out for three minutes," Poynter wrote. It
disputed Maddow's claim that "it had nothing to do with us," and was
unexpected, saying it was exactly the kind of showdown NBC News
chairman Andy Lack was watching for.

Although Poynter called attention to the facts of the matter, it joined
the liberal media in gushing over the incident itself and called it a
"shining moment for NBC."

The Washington Post reported on June 28, "Moderators backed off,
letting the moment unfold, and the network provided the one absolutely
necessary element: a split screen."

Following the debate, NBC's Today dedicated an entire segment to Harris
"stealing the spotlight."

Time breakdowns from multiple news outlets showed Harris may have
received preferential speaking-treatment during the NBC debate.

Left-wing Vox reported June 27, that "Every person was expected to get
an estimated 12 minutes each. According to analyses by The Washington
Post, it didn't exactly wind up being that equitable." In terms of time
spoken, Biden ranked first with 13.6 minutes of speaking time, and
Harris second with 11.9 minutes. (Image: Chairman of NBCU Film and
Entertainment Jeff Shell)

The New York Times came up with a slightly different time calculations,
but still concluded Biden and Harris had the most speaking time of all
the debate participants.

FEC Shows Comcast, NBCUniversal Decision Makers Gave to Harris 2020
Campaign

Data released in July from the Federal Election Commission revealed
that at least 12 executives from NBC Universal or its parent company,
Comcast Corporation, donated to the Harris campaign between January and
early June 2019.

Those executives were Universal Pictures' Donna Langley, Dwight Caines
and Jennifer Tartikoff, Comcast's Maria Weaver, FreeWheel's Katie Back,
NBC Entertainment's Jennifer Salke (she left NBC for Amazon Studios
sometime after making a February donation), NBCUniversal's Ronald
Meyer, Jeff Shell, Belinda Menendez, Brian Segna and Shamika Pryce, and
Universal Studios' Karen Irwin. (Image: NBCU Vice Chairman Ronald
Meyer)

Of particular concern were the three executives who provide oversight
to NBC News and two others who are in charge of Comcast's political
advertising sales: Meyer, Shell, Menendez, Weaver and Back. Meyer and
Shell each gave the maximum allowed individual contribution: $2,800 to
Harris' campaign. Menendez, Weaver and Back had contributed $500 each.

Ronald Meyer is Vice Chairman of NBCUniversal, a role he's had since
2013. As vice chairman, he's in the upper echelon of NBC Universal
decision-making. The website said, "He provides strategic guidance and
counsel on all aspects of the company, including its valuable portfolio
of film and television assets, as well as the global theme park
businesses."

Jeff Shell is Chairman of NBCU Film and Entertainment where "he
oversees the content creation, programming and distribution engines
behind NBCUniversal's film and network television businesses including
NBC Entertainment, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG),
Telemundo and NBCUniversal International." It's worth noting that
Telemundo co-hosted the June 27, Democratic debate.

Belinda Menendez is President of NBC Universal International
Television Distribution & Universal Networks International. She
oversees "distribution and channels for NBCUniversal International's
television business," which spreads NBC Universal's network content
across the globe.

Maria Weaver is Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing for
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast
Corporation. Part of the division's portfolio includes advertisement
for political content for NBC Universal subsidiaries (including NBC
News).

Katie Back is Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Global Commercial
Development at FreeWheel, A Comcast Company. Tech Crunch reported that
FreeWheel is one of the largest ad platforms for TV networks and others
that stream video. Back secures new business, renewals and "oversees
the Commercial Development team at FreeWheel."