What liberal media?
2019-07-09 21:39:57 UTC
It's the oldest play in the book, comprised of technicalities and
questioning your lying eyes.
Sure. Know who used that excuse?
Sure you do!

"Donald Trump: 'What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's
happening'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-44959340/donald-trump-what-you-re-seeing-and-what-you-re-reading-is-not-what-s-happening
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
Ubiquitous
2019-07-11 02:05:04 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .

Tucker Carlson and Rep. Ilhan Omar got into a dust-up yesterday, and CNN
analyst Errol Louis took advantage to make a pitch for training more liberal
journalists and using them to "do away" with conservative media. On his Fox
News show om Tuesday night, Carlson said that Omar "hates this country more
than ever," and that Omar "is living proof that the way we practice
immigration has become dangerous to this country."

Omar tweeted a response, calling Tucker a "racist fool," taunting that "they
will just have to get used to calling me Congresswoman!"

Co-host John Berman, after claiming that "many" found Carlson's comments on
Omar to have been "flat-out racist," invited CNN analyst Errol Louis to
comment. Louis proceeded to call for a new cadre of young liberal journalists
to be trained, with the express purpose being to "do away" with that "racist
garbage" like Carlson's show. Here was Louis:

"We need to train young people, get them into the media, get
them into broadcasting, and do away with that stuff [the "racist
garbage" of Tucker and "talk radio"], so it will just be a bad
memory."

So Louis wants to "train" [translation: indoctrinate] young people, and get
them into "the media" and "broadcasting." And as is typical of the left,
which brooks no dissent and has no interest in diversity of thought, the goal
is not to engage with people on the right. No, the objective is to "do away"
with the conservative media.

"Train young people" to become liberal media drones? As if every journalism
school in the country isn't already doing that? As if virtually every college
isn't dominated by left-wing faculty that seeks to indoctrinate students
every day in combating racist/sexist right-wingers? What more could Louis
hope for?

Co-hosts John Berman and Alisyn Camerota loved Louis's call to create a new
cadre of left-wing journalists, Berman saying it was a "glass half-full
anaysis" and Camerota calling it "the silver lining."

Here's the transcript.

CNN
New Day
7/10/19
6:25 am EDT

JOHN BERMAN: You know, there's a lot of an attempt here to create
intellectual depth to what too many is just a racist comment. A flat out
racist comment or offensive comment, suggesting that people shouldn't be
allowed in the country. Errol?

ERROL LOUIS: It's interesting. Because to go back for a minute to something
we talked about before, we know that there are lots of young girls who were
watching the women's soccer team, and they're being inspired and they're
going to sort of change the world.

There are a lot of people - I happen to have been one of them as a kid - who
saw all kinds of racist garbage coming out over the airwaves. People like
Tucker Carlson. And it was one of the things that inspired me to get into
this business, to try to drive the vestiges of that garbage. On talk radio,
in particular, you heard it for years and years and years-just spewing this
kind of garbage. It's stuff like that.

And things like what he said last night are going to be said all over the
airwaves, all day today and tomorrow and the next day, and it's a wakeup
call. It is an alarm to the rest of us, that we need to train young people,
get them into the media, get them into broadcasting, and _do away_ with that
stuff so it'll just be a bad memory.

BERMAN: I like that: glass half-full analysis of that.

ALISYN CAMEROTA: The silver lining.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
FPP
2019-07-11 22:49:42 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
NoBody
2019-07-12 11:17:33 UTC
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:13 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
--
"Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people."
- FPP, excusing ANTIFA assaults
FPP
2019-07-15 10:57:55 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
Because there aren't already enough liberals in the media . . .
Yawn.
FPP is apparently ok with supressing the type of speech with which he
doesn't agree.
And this is news to you because?
Yawn. Sure. Whatever you boy(s) say.
Ubiquitous
Congrats! Admitting you have a problem is half the battle!
Ubiquitous
2019-07-13 01:05:05 UTC
Sane Americans are all sick of hearing about women's soccer, but apparently
our national media isn't.

Megan Rapinoe, the captain of the World Cup-champion U.S. women's soccer
team, has made headlines over the last few weeks merely by acting like an
obnoxious leftist. From kneeling for the national anthem to using expletives
in public regarding a potential visit to the White House to complaining about
the mythical gender pay gap and even having the gall to purposely drop the
American flag in the celebration of the team's win on Sunday, Rapinoe has
become the newest flavor of the week for the Left.

And the media love all of it.

Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
could give him one. Rapinoe answered:

"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me. You're excluding people of
color. You're excluding, maybe, Americans that maybe support
you. We need to have a reckoning about your message of `Make
America Great Again,' I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."

This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history - and the first to actually start his
presidency with the stance of supporting gay marriage. But Rapinoe, who
happens to be a lesbian, needs a straw man to blame for her imaginary
victimhood - even as she is now possibly the most famous soccer player in the
world.

Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it" - thereby seeming to answer her own question as
to why men's soccer and other men's sports make more money in the first
place.

Rapinoe is clearly the Left's new hero. But in the end, Rapinoe is
irrelevant. She's just another leftist celebrity. But the obsession with her
points to a much larger problem, especially with the media.

These Leftist hosts could've chosen to have anyone on their shows. They
could've booked a patriotic athlete, even as a counterpoint to Rapinoe if
they still wanted to also have her on. But, unsurprisingly, these media
companies want these anti-American celebrities on the air, with as much
exposure as possible, because they agree with these celebrities about the
country and about the president who serves as its commander-in-chief.

This has been obvious all throughout the Trump era. The media accuses our
country of running concentration camps on the southern border, slanders the
president as a Russian collaborator, and consistently lambasts conservatives
and pro-American patriots as racist, sexist, bigoted fill-in-the-blank-
aphobes.

How else can one explain the media's reaction to an anodyne national
Independence Day celebration other than that the criticism very likely
sprouts from hatred for the country itself?

How else can one explain the media's constant fawning over former President
Barack Obama when he declared as a candidate that he wanted to "fundamentally
transform" the country?

Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?

There is a serious anti-American problem in our media. The mainstream media-
at-large has become a de facto wing of the radical Left. And until that
changes, they will remain, in the words of President Trump, "the enemy of the
people."

FPP
2019-07-13 20:27:40 UTC
This accusation is ridiculous. Donald Trump has arguably been the most pro-
gay President in American history
Really? Is that why he did these things, you lying fuck?

- Embraced the Masterpiece Cakeshop decision.
- White House meeting with Anti-LGBTQ Ginni Thomas
- Coming out against the Equality Act
- AIDS advisory council restaffed
- Trans military ban implemented
- Brief against trans protections under Title VII
- List of anti-LGBT appointments grows
- Draconian anti-trans memo leaked
- HHS seeks to undo trans health rule
- Anti-trans ‘conscience rule’ is final
- Ending visas for unmarried partners of diplomats
- Proposal to gut trans protections at homeless shelters
- NIH and global AIDS programs slashed
- Recognizing global initiative to end anti-gay laws
- No State Dept. recognition of Pride Month, IDAHO
- Refusing to recognize birthright of child to gay couple
- LGBT protections watered-down in USMCA
- DOJ’s ‘Religious Liberty Task Force’
- Deleting trans employee guidance on OPM website
- Eliminating LGBT youth data question in foster care
- Trump stands with anti-LGBT adoption agencies
- Defended Karen Pence teaching at anti-LGBT school

Sure, clown... President Bumblefuck is the GRATEST LG-BBQ President OF
ALL TIME!
BTR1701
2019-07-14 02:32:18 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Post by Ubiquitous
We need to have a reckoning about your message of 'Make
America Great Again', I think you're harking back to an era
that wasn't great for everyone ."
"Harking back"?

JFC
Post by Ubiquitous
But Rapinoe, who happens to be a lesbian
What is with this 'happens to be' nonsense that has infested all media
reporting everywhere?

She doesn't 'happen to be' a lesbian. She is a lesbian. Just say that if
you feel the need to note it at all.
Post by Ubiquitous
Rapinoe also made the rounds on MSNBC. Leftist host Rachel Maddow asked
Rapinoe how fans could support the fight for equal pay, and Rapinoe answered
that people should "come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders,
tell your friends about it"
What? You mean good old capitalism is the answer to getting you paid
more, Megan? Who woulda thunk it?
Post by Ubiquitous
Because they in the media, too, want the country transformed. They are
radical leftists who despise what America stands for. They despise our
founding creed and our founding documents. After all, our Founding Fathers
were racist slaveholders, right?
Well, that much is obvious.

Remember after the confederate statues debate flared up, Trump said: "I
wonder, is it George Washington next week, and is it Thomas Jefferson
the week after?"

At the time, of course, Trump was ridiculed for asking such a supposedly
stupid question.

Well, here we are, less than 2 years after Trump made that prediction
and Thomas Jefferson is indeed next. And this time it's not just a
statue.

This month, just in time for our nation's birthday, the politicians who
are charged with running Jefferson's hometown have decided that our
third president, the man who penned one of the most important documents
in human history, is now a dead white pillar of the patriarchy who must
be consigned to the ash heap of history.

With just one no vote, the city council of Jefferson's hometown,
Charlottesville, have decreed that from July 1, 2019 forth, the holiday
celebrating Jefferson's birth is to be held no more. Henceforth, they
will hold "Liberation and Freedom Day" instead as a rebuke to the former
slaveowner who was a champion of Enlightenment values and the father of
the University of Virginia.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-14 02:35:48 UTC
What liberal media?
July 13, 2019 at 7:32:18 PM MST
Post by Ubiquitous
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
2019-07-15 08:38:22 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\

anim8rfsk
2019-07-15 16:33:17 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
LOL, my ex dyed her hair purple last week ... I gather it's trendy.
She's not trying to tell you something, is she? :-\
The message I get from it is 'Ha ha ha no rotisserie prime rib for you'

We had a big fight yesterday so it will probably be a moot point for at least
a while.
2019-07-14 07:14:35 UTC
Take, for example, CNN's Anderson Cooper having Rapinoe on his show this
week. Cooper asked her what her message to President Trump would be if she
"Your message is excluding people. You're excluding me. You're
excluding people that look like me.
Well, yeah. Outside of the industry of spectacle, who wants to hire a
loudmouth with purple hair?
Almost half of Americans made a loudmouth with orange hair our leader.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-17 01:05:01 UTC
Norah O'Donnell made her debut as anchor of the CBS Evening News Monday
night.

The newscast kicked off with O'Donnell covering President Donald Trump's
tweets going after Congresswomen Ilhan Omar, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez,
Rashida Tlaib, and Ayanna Pressley.

Somewhat notably, amid criticism of how news outlets are categorizing the
president's tweets, both O'Donnell and CBS News White House correspondent
Weijia Jiang both made reference to Trump's "racist tweets" without
qualifiers.

O'Donnell closed out her debut broadcast by quoting Edward R. Murrow saying,
"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and even it can inspire.
But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to
those ends. Otherwise, it's nothing but wires and lights in a box. There is a
great and perhaps decisive battle to be fought against ignorance,
intolerance, and indifference. This weapon of television could be useful."

Ubiquitous
2019-07-18 02:05:01 UTC
The self-proclaimed Antifa militant who was killed Saturday by
Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs
Enforcement detention center was seen in a recent CNN program that
critics say glorified a radical, left-wing movement.

Willem Van Spronsen, 69, sent a manifesto to friends the day before the
assault in which he wrote, "I am Antifa," and now he is lionized by
members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

He also appears to have been part of a May 5 episode of CNN's "United
Shades of America" with W. Kamau Bell.

The heavily promoted CNN show featured Bell explaining the "Redneck
Revolt," which he identified as gun-toting liberals who defend the
Second Amendment and seek to battle the "alt-right" and neo-Nazis.

Bell called them "good guys," going to a gun range with members and
even questioning why "more white people" don't share their viewpoints.

One of the men featured on the CNN special appears to be Van Spronsen
-- who was armed with a rifle and incendiary devices when he launched
his assault on the Northwest Detention Center in Tacoma around 4 a.m.
Saturday, according to the Tacoma Police Department.

Employees reported Van Spronsen was throwing 'incendiary devices' and
setting vehicles on fire and the first officers on the scene said he
was carrying flares. He allegedly was trying to ignite a propane tank
when he was confronted by the officers, who opened fire. The Pierce
County Medical Examiner's office said he died of multiple gunshot
wounds.

CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment and a request
to confirm that Van Spronsen was featured on the network.

Bell noted that the "Redneck Revolt" "protects counter-protesters,
feeds the hungry and provides gun safety courses. Bell also organized
an on-camera meeting between the "Redneck Revolt" and Black Lives
Matter -- Van Spronsen appears to be one of the attendees. The CNN host
laughed and nodded his head in agreement throughout the meeting.

"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."

Journalist Andy Ngo, who was attacked by Antifa during a protest in
Portland last month, first noticed that Van Spronsen appeared to be
recently glorified by CNN.

"CNN recently aired a documentary about the Antifa militia whose member
was killed in an ICE firebombing attack yesterday. You can see Mr van
Sprossen at the 4-second time stamp in this trailer," Ngo wrote while
resurfacing a tweet that CNN's W. Kamau Bell sent promoting the
special.

https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1124397498389356544

CNN's official Twitter account also tweeted a preview of the show that
appears to show Van Spronsen.

It's Going Down, a website that bills itself as "a digital community
center for anarchist, anti-fascist, autonomous anti-capitalist and
anti-colonial movements" with a mission "to provide a resilient
platform to publicize and promote revolutionary theory and action,"
published a piece commemorating Van Spronsen following his death.

"We understand why Willem Van Spronsen decided to give his life to
interrupt the violence that is perpetrated against undocumented people
in the United States every day," the site wrote. "He took personal
responsibility and did what he could to put an end to what he
recognized as injustice. what he did was heroic."

CNN's "United Shades of America" episode that seemingly featured Van
Spronsen also spent significant time promoting Antifa and Bell even
allowed a member to show off tie-dyed brass knuckles, a knife and
facemask during what the CNN host called "show and tell."

Others took to Twitter to point out that Van Spronsen's group was once
apparently promoted on CNN -- one user noted that Bell even asked his
followers to "support" the "good work they are doing to actively end
white supremacy."

CNN did not immediately respond when asked for comment on Bell asking
his Twitter followers to support the group.

https://a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/
2019/07/640/320/Bell-Tweet-7-15.jpg

The man who appears to be Van Spronsen is wearing a shirt during the
CNN show that promotes the Puget Sound chapter of the John Brown Gun
Club, which is part of the "Redneck Revolt." This is the specific group
that Bell asked his followers to support.

It was hardly the first time that CNN personalities have been accused
of defending Antifa and its members. Back in April, CNN host Chris
Cuomo argued that Antifa's "good cause" was not equivalent to the
positions espoused by neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

"You can talk about Antifa. I've watched them in streets protesting in
different situations, okay?" Cuomo said. "There are certainly aspects
of them that are true to a cause, that is a good cause, they want
social justice, they want whatever they want in that context."

CNN commentator Steve Cortes fired back, "Chris, Antifa is not a good
cause."

The CNN anchor clarified that he did not want to "espouse Antifa." But
in 2018, Cuomo also argued that Antifa's violence against police was
"not equal" to violence carried out by white supremacists and neo-
Nazis.

FPP
2019-07-18 22:05:42 UTC
"CNN has done more to give the psycho domestic terrorists of Antifa
credibility than any other outlet," Media Research Center vice
president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "Now Antifa has escalated from
attacking people in the street to sending a journalist to the hospital
with a brain hemorrhage to, finally, a deadly act of domestic
terrorism."
You mean "any other outlet, except the Trump Administration", right?
--
There are three inescapable facts from the Mueller report that Mitch
McConnell can't hide:
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
Nonresponse noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-24 01:05:04 UTC
It looks like MSNBC has decided to embrace a full-out Nazi scare as its 2020
electoral strategy. Last week, appearing on Nicolle Wallace's MSNBC show, Morning
Joe regular Donny Deutsch said another Holocaust "could happen here," wondering
"are Jews next?" The next day, on Morning Joe, Joe Scarborough described the
recent Trump rally in North Carolina as a "Nuremberg" rally.

Then came Tuesday morning, when Morning Joe made the Trump/Nazi analogy explicit.
First, Mika Brzezinski read portions of a column [subscription required] in the
Financial Times in which British author Gideon Rachman [who twice endorsed Obama]
drew an analogy between Germany in the early 1930s and the US/UK, now with the
advent of Boris Johnson as Prime Minister.

Joe Scarborough asked the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson whether the time had
come "to sound the alarm? When is the time to start saying, 'Well, does this look
like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in 1933?'"

Robinson replied, "The time to start sounding an alarm - a general alarm was some
time ago." He explicitly mentioned the notion that columnists generally refrain
from making the Hitler analogy, but that we're "getting close" to being obliged
to do so, and that the current situation "is crazy and it does not end well."

Robinson might well be right in saying this "does not end well" -- but not in the
way he intended. The liberal media/Dems can endeavor to make a Nazi scare the
centerpiece of its 2020 strategy, but it's hard to take seriously. President
Trump and his administration is the most Israel-friendly in recent memory.

This is pure projection by Morning Joe. It fails miserably, ironically coming
just after Squad member Ilhan Omar introduced what has been described as "a
repugnant resolution in the House comparing Israel to Nazi Germany and supporting
the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement that seeks to wage economic
warfare on the Jewish state."

So this is the current state of the left. One of its leading presidential
contenders direly predicts an economic crash. And the MSM/Dems try to convince
voters that another Kristallnacht is right around the corner. FDR famously said,
"the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." Looks like fear is the only
thing the left has to offer.

Here's the transcript.

MSNBC
Morning Joe
7/23/19
6:10 am EDT

MIKA BRZEZINSKI: At exactly 6:47 Eastern time, we're going to learn who is the
new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The race comes down to frontrunner,
former Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and the current Foreign Secretary, Jeremy
Hunt. In his latest column for the Financial Times, entitled, "Donald Trump,
Boris Johnson and lessons from the 1930s," Gideon Rachman asks, when is it right
to sound the alarm about political turmoil? He writes in part this:

"The complaints by today's populists that a deep state in the US and Britain is
thwarting the will of the people is reminiscent Sebastian Haffner's description
of the far-right in Germany in the 1920s: 'With deep hatred they coined the word
'system' for the impalpable force that held them within bounds.' For the moment,
at least, they were held in bounds. A well-read young lawyer, Haffner nurtured a
deep intellectual contempt for the Nazis and 'their revolting jargon, every
syllable of which implied a violent stupidity.' But this contempt turned out to
be a political trap because 'I was inclined not to take them very seriously -- a
common attitude among their inexperienced opponents which helped them a lot.'"

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Gene Robinson, very quickly, before we go to Bill Neely in
London -

BRZEZINSKI: -- this is really important.

SCARBOROUGH: -- when do you sound that political alarm? There are certain things
we are not allowed to say, but I must say the last week we have seen the United
States of America go from electing a candidate who promised to keep Muslims out
of America, who prayed against that discrimination and that bigotry, talking
about a Muslim registry like the Nazis had a Jewish registry, and now we move
from that to a President who is now talking about kicking out American citizens.
Be they Muslims or hispanics or black women, that he just doesn't like, which he
says they are quote lucky to be here. So we look at this FT article and I'm
wondering, Gene, when is the time to sound the alarm? When is the time to start
saying, well, does this look like Germany in 1932? Does this look like Germany in
1933? Is now the time to start asking that question?

EUGENE ROBINSON: Well, the time to start sounding an alarm, a general alarm, was
some time ago. And people should be screaming now. The alarm should be at full
volume. You know, one thing you - most columnists wisely resolve, is don't bring
out the Hitler/Germany analogy, you know? That's - you never use that. We're
getting close. I mean, we're getting to the point where you need to start just
looking at the historical precedent and understanding that, you know, history
doesn't repeat, it rhymes. But there are some awful, awful things happening in
the great democracies that sort of uphold the western - the western values and
western order. And have done so for decades and, you know, the United States and
Britain. And this is crazy and it does not end well.
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-godwin-godwins-law-20180624-story.html
FPP
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-07-26 01:05:01 UTC
ABC Chief Legal Analyst and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams criticized Democratic
lawmakers' performance at Robert Mueller's hearing while stressing "this
isn't a win for Donald Trump."

Abrams was breaking down Mueller's testimony during a Thursday appearance on
ABC's The View.

"So You Know Who in the White House called the Mueller hearings a devastating
day for the Democrats and said Mueller did a horrible job. Nancy Pelosi
called it historic. So what did you call it?" Whoopi Goldberg asked.

"The whole point of the Democrats calling Robert Mueller was for him to bring
this thing to life so it would be the `movie' of the Mueller report. That
didn't happen at all," Abrams said.

A lot of times the Republicans would really go after Mueller, and then at the
end of their time, Mueller would seem to want to respond, and a Democrat
would be up and instead of saying `Mr. Mueller, can you please continue?'
They would start with some pre-scripted thing about the three elements of
obstruction," he continued.

Abrams argued that the facts laid out in the hearing, however, were not
helpful to Trump at all.

"This isn't a win for Donald Trump," Abrams said. "I mean, you have there,
again and again, Robert Mueller, in essence, saying he's lying. He's lying
when he says no obstruction. He's lying when he says, I found no collusion.
The answers that he gave to us were misleading, generally not truthful. How
is that a win for President Trump?"

--
Watching Trump come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like watching Wile E.
Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
FPP
2019-07-26 21:50:01 UTC
"The whole point of the Democrats calling Robert Mueller was for him to bring
this thing to life so it would be the `movie' of the Mueller report. That
didn't happen at all," Abrams said.
No, it wasn't. If it had, they would have sold popcorn.
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-07-27 01:05:06 UTC
https://youtu.be/I4XaHHUBXDs

MSNBC host Donny Deutsch on Friday said Democrats weren't going to
"play fair" to make sure President Donald Trump goes to jail.

Deutsch appeared on MSNBC's Morning Joe, where he discussed some of the
2020 strategies he believes Democrats should follow to defeat Trump and
send him to jail. After co-host Joe Scarborough went on a rant against
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), dubbing him "Moscow
Mitch," Deutsch praised Scarborough.

"What you said in a couple minutes yesterday to me is the most
important thing that's ever been said on this show or on any show on
this air and that we are at war," Deutsch said. "It is time for the
Democrats to wake up. We are playing against cheaters and liars or
stealers."

He went on to offer a different rendition of former first lady Michelle
Obama's slogan, "When they go low, we go high." Deutsch said, "When
they go low, we got to do whatever we have to do."

"We may not have won the battle of impeachment, but we're going to win
the war of putting him in jail whatever we have to do and we're not
going to necessarily play fair," Deutsch said. "For all the
intellectuals out there whose hair is going to go on fire, ‘But we're
becoming like them. We're becoming like them,' we cannot lose the next
election. We will go back 50 years."

During the segment, "branding expert" Deutsch also offered some advice
to Democrats about how they should label Trump.

"We actually have a government led by Moscow Mitch and criminal Trump.
Oh by the way, we're going to call him ‘un-indicted criminal Trump' now
because in two instances he has been an un-indicted criminal, so I know
in regular when you're playing fair, you're supposed to call him
President Trump. Just like when we call him Moscow Mitch, we're going
to call him ‘criminal Trump.'" Deutsch said.

While Deutsch has called Trump a "sociopath," "dictator," "evil," and
"a pig," who might lead the country to a civil war, he said back in
March he would vote for Trump over a socialist .

"No, you won't," Scarborough said. "Stop yourself."

"Let me correct myself, thank you, Joe," Deutsch said.

"You will never vote for a bigot, a guy that's made bigoted statements
for the past three years," Scarborough said.

Deutsch clarified he would be "so distraught" if Democrats nominated a
socialist candidate.

NoBody
2019-07-28 13:37:55 UTC
[...]
#WhatLiberalMedia
This kind of stuff borders on treason but at least they are no longer
hiding their agenda.
Ubiquitous
2019-07-28 14:33:59 UTC
On Thursday's Cuomo Primetime, Chris Cuomo invited CNN contributor
Jennifer Granholm and frequent guest Michael Eric Dyson to discuss the
upcoming CNN Democrat debate. As they discussed forgiveness for Joe
Biden's busing decisions in the 1970s, Dyson claimed a woman or a
minority would be "berated" for behaving like President Trump.

As if Trump has _not_ been berated?

https://www.mrctv.org/videos/cnn-panel-seems-unaware-media-berate-trump-constantly

MICHAEL ERIC DYSON: Donald Trump has an ability and a privilege
to say nasty and do nasty things that an African-American, a
woman won't. If Hillary Clinton had done -half the stuff that
this man is doing, she would have been berated. If Barack
Obama had taken a sip of a White Russian drink--

CHRIS CUOMO: Because the Left cares about this in a candidate.

DYSON: --in the White House, if he had taken a White Russian
drink.

CUOMO: The Left, you guys care about this stuff.

DYSON: But - but I'm saying to you --

CUOMO: You guys will judge on this. His people will not.

DYSON: But I'm saying to you, sir, a black man can't be angry,
a black woman can't be as angry as Donald Trump, can't be as
vociferous, as vituperative, as nasty, and as inconsequent --
as a -- disregarding the consequences of his own speech. And
I'm telling you, that's a form of privilege that these
candidates don't have.

Cuomo agreed: "Very true. You must understand the rules at play even if
you want to change and reject those rules."

After praising Dyson for using the word "vituperative," joking "the biggest
word I use is mayonnaise," Cuomo further concurred: "You've got the metaphor
here. You've got a white, Anglo-Saxon man who is preaching to America that
its prejudices are well-founded, and that the division is necessary. And
you're going to have a monumental task in front of you. It'll go to the
core of the soul of this country."

The CNN host also seemed to be forgetting that Trump received substantial
criticism from within his own party before he won the nomination but not
so much since, as one would expect to happen. Similarly, President Bill
Clinton was defended persistently by his fellow Democrats while he was in
office no matter what happened.

Ubiquitous
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?

FLASHBACK: Fox 45 news report in September 2018 with Baltimore
Mayor Catherine Pugh:

Mayor Pugh:

"What the hell? We should just take all this shit down."

"Whoa, you can smell the rats." pic.twitter.com/BqhsL2Dsx7

- Steve Guest (@SteveGuest) July 28, 2019

Here's what she said:

Pugh made the remarks during a Fox 45 segment while touring
a Baltimore neighborhood that was supposed to highlight her
"violence-reduction initiative."

As Pugh toured the neighborhood, she said: "What the hell? We
should just take all this sh*t down. . Whoa, you can smell the
rats. . Whew, Jesus. . Oh, my God, you can smell the dead animals."

Yeah, that happened. Is she racist against Baltimore? Apparently.

Also, that same mayor resigned over her corruption later:
https://therightscoop.com/baltimore-mayor-resigns-after-the-feds-raided-her-
home-and-offices/

You're telling me a city whose mayor resigns over a children's book
corruption scandal is just fine??!?! Tell me another tall tale,
Representative Cummings.

FPP
2019-07-30 11:30:53 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
A Friend
2019-07-30 12:34:15 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.

I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?

I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
NoBody
2019-07-30 13:51:33 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased. Remember
when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing . At all.
This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.
I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?
I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
Why do you reseverve you "outrage" for Trumps when Dems have said far
worse things about the very same area. Fake outrage is the term
you're looking for.
FPP
2019-07-30 22:00:40 UTC
Here's another example of how the media is just straight out biased.
Remember when Baltimore's mayor was caught being shocked by how
crappy her town is?
No, that's not what she was doing. At all. This is REAL #FakeNews.
I am so fucking tired of Trump shitting out comments like these on an
almost daily basis, and I am especially fucking tired of people here
defending him and them. There is no defense possible. "Oh, yeah, they
do too have rats in Baltimore" is not a defense. So does everywhere
else.
I live near Baltimore. My wife is from there. It's a great town. It
has its problems, like everywhere else. It sometimes elects lousy,
crooked politicians, like everywhere else. So fucking what?
I'd say that Trump should try to keep his mouth shut, but that's like
asking him to try to fly.
Politicians respond to criticism from their fellow politicians by
hitting them on their own failings. Welcome to the world as it has been
since forever.
Cummings was relentlessly blasting Trump and Trump blasted back at one
of Cummings' weak points. Shocker. If Cummings doesn't like it, maybe he
should make some effort to clean up the mountain of garbage he calls a
district.
Well, well, it didn't take the racists long to pop up and defend their
Lord and Master.
Too bad they, as usual, don't know a fact from the pile of dogshit they
have for brains.

(Yes, "counseliar", I'm, looking at you, the attorney of record for The
Trump Brotherhood - emphasis on the word "hood".)

"Using data from the “Biggest US Cities” website, Nate Silver of
fivethirtyeight.com took to Twitter to point out that Cummings’s
district has “above-average college education rates and home prices,
along with a pretty good mix of urban and suburban areas (even some
rural), and well-off, working-class and middle-class areas.”

Silver also pointed out the district is the second-wealthiest
majority-black district in the country, with a $58,000 median household
income, trailing Maryland’s 4th Congressional District, which includes
parts of the Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Cummings’
district is also the second-most-well-educated majority-black district
because 37% of the residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher,
trailing Georgia’s 4th District, Silver added."

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-trump-baltimore-analysis-20190727-wsnwhl6so5hlhfo5uhmmiz5zfa-story.html

Please... give us the Dimwitted Dropbox version of your rebuttal now.
-Elizabeth Warren
trotsky
2019-07-31 08:29:16 UTC
[...]
I'm glad Cummings has a district that's doing well, but even if he
didn't it's still happening on Trump's watch. Truman used to say "The
buck stops here" while Trump, with his words and actions, is saying "I
don't have the balls to let the buck stop here."
NoBody
2019-07-31 13:30:18 UTC
[...]
Good grief, the city has been a cesspool for 60 years and suddently
it's Trump's fault? You've lost it.
NoBody
2019-07-31 13:29:30 UTC
[...]
Maybe FPP can explain why pointing out that Baltimore is a cesspool is
racist by using facts and not rhetoric.
Post by FPP
(Yes, "counseliar", I'm, looking at you, the attorney of record for The
Trump Brotherhood - emphasis on the word "hood".)
"Using data from the “Biggest US Cities” website, Nate Silver of
fivethirtyeight.com took to Twitter to point out that Cummings’s
district has “above-average college education rates and home prices,
along with a pretty good mix of urban and suburban areas (even some
rural), and well-off, working-class and middle-class areas.”
I'm guessing that FPP didn't bother reviewing the footage of garbage
everywhere and abandoned buildings. It's also one of the most
dangerous places to live in this country.
Post by FPP
Silver also pointed out the district is the second-wealthiest
majority-black district in the country, with a $58,000 median household
income, trailing Maryland’s 4th Congressional District, which includes
parts of the Prince George’s and Anne Arundel counties. Cummings’
district is also the second-most-well-educated majority-black district
because 37% of the residents have a bachelor’s degree or higher,
trailing Georgia’s 4th District, Silver added."
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-trump-baltimore-analysis-20190727-wsnwhl6so5hlhfo5uhmmiz5zfa-story.html
Please... give us the Dimwitted Dropbox version of your rebuttal now.
So all these rich people watch their fellow Dems live in squallor -
how liberal of all of you.
FPP
2019-07-30 22:19:13 UTC
[...]
Maybe he was just following your leader?

"It’s more than a little ironic that Donald Trump attacked Baltimore for
impoverished conditions. Some of Donald Trump’s wealth (and the wealth
of son-in-law Jared Kushner, too) came from owning and operating squalid
housing in Maryland. In fact, the Maryland properties owned by the Trump
Organization were so bad that Donald Trump’s own father was arrested in
1976 when he flew there to meet with local officials.

When the notoriously frugal Fred Trump failed to pay for repairs by that
July, his housing license was revoked, preventing him from signing new
leases. The blow to his pocketbook spurred him to action: Trump agreed
to fly to Maryland to meet with local officials on Sept. 29, 1976.
Instead, he was arrested.

Prince George’s was cracking down on dilapidated housing complexes, but
arresting an owner was unusual. “We probably haven’t issued four arrest
warrants in the past five years,” Joseph T. Healey, the county’s housing
inspector supervisor, told The Post for an article about the arrest."

No wonder Trump thought the White House was "a dump". Maybe he just
brings the squalor with him?
A Friend
2019-07-31 16:56:44 UTC
[...]
The following deals with the presumption that Cummings' district is a
"mountain of garbage":

[...]

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1155086222202744835

I realize that I am supplying facts to counter Trump's continuing, and
utterly racist, ploy for angry white support, and that doing so will
accomplish nothing. It's only for the record.

BTW what was Cummings supposed to do about all those Baltimorean rats?
Buy a flute and march them to the river?
BTR1701
2019-07-31 17:24:56 UTC
[...]
Pointing at that rich neighborhood all the way over on the other side of
town doesn't change the fact that entire neighborhoods there are worse
than the slums of Mumbai and Mogadishu.

Downtown L.A. has a high median income, too, because of all the people
living in multi-million dollar high-rise condos. That doesn't mean skid
row, in the same district isn't a blasted-out, garbage-strewn,
disease-ridden hellish war zone.

(Another city that's enjoyed decades of uninterrupted Democrat control.)
A Friend
2019-07-31 18:45:01 UTC
[...]
Well, hardly. For one thing, they all have clean running water, which
alone puts them centuries ahead of those other places. However, I am
not pointing across town; those were district-wide stats.
<shrug> Even Salt Lake City has its problems.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-07-31 20:43:07 UTC
Would everyone please cut Ubi's bullshit crossposts? If you don't read a
newsgroup, don't crosspost to it. Ubi doesn't read those other
newsgroups.
. . .
[...]
The various neighborhoods I've lived in in Chicago have always had
plenty of rats. I've lived in middle-density areas, a mix of small
apartment buildings and single-family homes. The single-family homes
have backyards. Dog owners let the dogs poop in the backyard and never
clean it up. That's what maintains the high rat population more than
anything else.

It's nothing to do with the presence of rich people nor poor people,
just dog owners unwilling to clean up after their dogs. Oh, I've seen
upper class older women with little white dogs who don't pick up.

There are plenty of rats in rural areas, but they don't generally spread
disease like city rats.

I had no idea that rats stay out of big cities with Republican mayors.
That will inform my vote from now on.
FPP
2019-07-31 22:20:43 UTC
[...]
The point being that Trump is lying when he calls Cummings' district a
living Hell no human would want to live in.

Because, of course, Trump knows next to nothing about anything - and all
it was was another of his racist attacks on people of color.

He doesn't attack what people DO, he attacks what people ARE.
-Elizabeth Warren
trotsky
Cite?
Ubiquitous
2019-07-31 01:05:01 UTC
Not only did NBC debate moderators give California Sen. Kamala Harris
extra time during its June debate, it turns out twelve executives from
NBC Universal and parent company Comcast gave her campaign cash too.

NBC was ready to crown Harris the victor after its two-night,
Democratic debates June 26 and 27. In various programming the network
heaped praise on the "breakout star," calling her "brave" and
"powerful."

But NBC's moderators broke their own debate rules by giving Harris more
time than she was supposed to get, some of which she used to attack
former Vice President Joe Biden and accuse him. The resulting exchange
caused MSNBC host Chris Matthews to wonder if Biden could survive
Harris' "amazing night in history."

Now, recently released Federal Election Commission data revealed Harris
had another kind of help from NBC.

Money.

At least 12 NBCUniversal/Comcast executives donated to the Harris
campaign in the months leading up to the debate. The FEC data included
March and April 2019 donations, raising concerns about potential
conflicts of interest.

Five news-related executives were of particular concern including three
executives who provide oversight to NBC News and two others who are in
charge of Comcast's political advertising sales.

Those five were Vice Chairman of NBC Universal Ronald Meyer, Chairman
of NBCU Film and Entertainment Jeff Shell, President of NBC Universal
International Television Distribution and Universal Networks
International Belinda Menendez, Comcast Spotlight Senior Vice President
and Marketing Executive Maria Weaver and Vice President of Enterprise
Sales and Global Commercial Development Katie Back of FreeWheel, A
Comcast Company.

The Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics clearly states
that journalists should "Avoid conflicts of interest, real or
perceived. Disclose unavoidable conflicts."

It also states that journalists should refuse credibility-harming
"special treatment" and should "Avoid political and other outside
activities that may compromise integrity or impartiality, or may damage
credibility."

NBC Universal had not responded to Media Research Center's request for
comment as of July 23, 2019.

NBC Moderators Help Harris By Extending Her Time, Breaking Their Own
Rules

NBC's rules for the debate were that "candidates will have 60 seconds
to answer questions and 30 seconds to respond to follow-ups. And there
will be no opening statements, though candidates will have a chance to
deliver closing remarks."

In reality, there were multiple instances where moderators Chuck Todd
and Rachel Maddow broke those rules.

Maddow allowed Harris to give a speech on race neither in response to a
question nor as a follow-up in violation of debate rules. The speech
lasted approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds. She spent the majority of
the time attacking Biden.

The speech occurred when Harris interrupted a question posed to
opponent and author Marianne Williamson saying, "As the only black
person on this stage, I would like to speak on the issue of race."

Journalism group The Poynter Institute, a prominent journalism think
tank, noted that the "magic moment" of Harris and Biden's exchange on
race was the moderators' fault. In it, Harris attacked Biden over his
Senate record working with segregationist congressional leaders.

Politico estimated that the entire exchange between Harris and Biden
lasted a whopping 5 minutes.

The moderators "ignored the rules on time and simply let this hold-
your-breath conversation play out for three minutes," Poynter wrote. It
disputed Maddow's claim that "it had nothing to do with us," and was
unexpected, saying it was exactly the kind of showdown NBC News
chairman Andy Lack was watching for.

Although Poynter called attention to the facts of the matter, it joined
the liberal media in gushing over the incident itself and called it a
"shining moment for NBC."

The Washington Post reported on June 28, "Moderators backed off,
letting the moment unfold, and the network provided the one absolutely
necessary element: a split screen."

Following the debate, NBC's Today dedicated an entire segment to Harris
"stealing the spotlight."

Time breakdowns from multiple news outlets showed Harris may have
received preferential speaking-treatment during the NBC debate.

Left-wing Vox reported June 27, that "Every person was expected to get
an estimated 12 minutes each. According to analyses by The Washington
Post, it didn't exactly wind up being that equitable." In terms of time
spoken, Biden ranked first with 13.6 minutes of speaking time, and
Harris second with 11.9 minutes. (Image: Chairman of NBCU Film and
Entertainment Jeff Shell)

The New York Times came up with a slightly different time calculations,
but still concluded Biden and Harris had the most speaking time of all
the debate participants.

FEC Shows Comcast, NBCUniversal Decision Makers Gave to Harris 2020
Campaign

Data released in July from the Federal Election Commission revealed
that at least 12 executives from NBC Universal or its parent company,
Comcast Corporation, donated to the Harris campaign between January and
early June 2019.

Those executives were Universal Pictures' Donna Langley, Dwight Caines
and Jennifer Tartikoff, Comcast's Maria Weaver, FreeWheel's Katie Back,
NBC Entertainment's Jennifer Salke (she left NBC for Amazon Studios
sometime after making a February donation), NBCUniversal's Ronald
Meyer, Jeff Shell, Belinda Menendez, Brian Segna and Shamika Pryce, and
Universal Studios' Karen Irwin. (Image: NBCU Vice Chairman Ronald
Meyer)

Of particular concern were the three executives who provide oversight
to NBC News and two others who are in charge of Comcast's political
advertising sales: Meyer, Shell, Menendez, Weaver and Back. Meyer and
Shell each gave the maximum allowed individual contribution: $2,800 to
Harris' campaign. Menendez, Weaver and Back had contributed $500 each.

Ronald Meyer is Vice Chairman of NBCUniversal, a role he's had since
2013. As vice chairman, he's in the upper echelon of NBC Universal
decision-making. The website said, "He provides strategic guidance and
counsel on all aspects of the company, including its valuable portfolio
of film and television assets, as well as the global theme park
businesses."

Jeff Shell is Chairman of NBCU Film and Entertainment where "he
oversees the content creation, programming and distribution engines
behind NBCUniversal's film and network television businesses including
NBC Entertainment, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG),
Telemundo and NBCUniversal International." It's worth noting that
Telemundo co-hosted the June 27, Democratic debate.

Belinda Menendez is President of NBC Universal International
Television Distribution & Universal Networks International. She
oversees "distribution and channels for NBCUniversal International's
television business," which spreads NBC Universal's network content
across the globe.

Maria Weaver is Senior Vice President and Head of Marketing for
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast
Corporation. Part of the division's portfolio includes advertisement
for political content for NBC Universal subsidiaries (including NBC
News).

Katie Back is Vice President of Enterprise Sales and Global Commercial
Development at FreeWheel, A Comcast Company. Tech Crunch reported that
FreeWheel is one of the largest ad platforms for TV networks and others
that stream video. Back secures new business, renewals and "oversees
the Commercial Development team at FreeWheel."

FPP
2019-07-31 22:22:26 UTC
But NBC's moderators broke their own debate rules by giving Harris more
time than she was supposed to get, some of which she used to attack
former Vice President Joe Biden and accuse him. The resulting exchange
caused MSNBC host Chris Matthews to wonder if Biden could survive
Harris' "amazing night in history."
:sniff: :sniff:
There, there... the scary brown lady won't hurt you if you behave.

Dry those little puffy eyes!
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-08-06 01:05:05 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio. Anchors Poppy Harlow and John Avlon claimed on-air that the
president eliminated a proposed Obama-era regulation that would keep firearms
out of the hands of the "mentally ill."

The proposed rule, however, was seriously broad, undermining the Second and
Fourth Amendment rights of tens of thousands of Americans in constitutionally
dubious fashion. The restrictions were based merely upon the fact that those
on the list had received assistance in managing their Social Security
disability payments. Even the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which
has become increasingly partisan over the years, vehemently opposed the
regulation.

"The ACLU and 23 national disability groups did not oppose this rule because
we want more guns in our community. This is about more than guns. Adding more
innocent Americans to the National Instant Criminal Background database
because of a mental disability is a disturbing trend — one that could be
applied to voting, parenting or other rights dearer than gun ownership. We
opposed it because it would do little to stem gun violence but do much to
harm our civil rights," the ACLU wrote at the time, as previously noted by
The Daily Wire.

Deputy Editor of the Washington Examiner, Jay Caruso, excoriated CNN for its
partisan coverage.

"My God, [Poppy Harlow] just repeated the lie that the Trump administration
'rolled back' Obama administration rules that kept guns out of the hands of
the 'mentally ill,'" Caruso posted in a series of tweets on Monday. "This is
such poor journalism on her part. The regulation had nothing to do with
'mental illness' and everything to do with the lack of due process. The Obama
era rules designated anyone who needed a representative payee through the
Social Security Administration and Veterans Affairs 'mentally unfit.' If a
person met that criteria, their name was entered into the NICS database."

everything to do with the lack of due process. The Obama era
rules designated anyone who needed a representative payee
through the Social Security Administration and Veterans Affairs
“mentally unfit.” If a person met that criteria, their name
was entered into the NICS database.

— Jay Caruso (@JayCaruso) August 5, 2019

"These are people who require some assistance handling their finances and
slogging through the federal bureaucracy and the Obama administration turned
them into criminals," he explained. "You know who opposed it, [Poppy Harlow]?
The ACLU. It lobbied for repeal and the ACLU was right."

Caruso noted that CNN "attempting to make Trump into some kind of a hypocrite
on the issue of mental illness and firearms using that example, just means
[Harlow], A. Doesn't know what she's talking about or B. Being purposely
deceptive."

So attempting to make Trump into some kind of a hypocrite on
the issue of mental illness and firearms using that example,
just means she, A. Doesn't know what she's talking about or
B. Being purposely deceptive.

— Jay Caruso (@JayCaruso) August 5, 2019

"Both [Poppy Harlow] and [John Avalon] require a much-needed corrective when
saying Trump rolled back regulations that would keep guns away from the
'mentally ill' when it had everything to do with due process and the move had
the full support of the ACLU," he added.

Both @PoppyHarlowCNN and @JohnAvlon require a much-needed
corrective when saying Trump rolled back regulations that
would keep guns away from the "mentally ill" when it had
everything to do with due process and the move had the
full support of the ACLU. https://t.co/b8pExdUGwM

— Jay Caruso (@JayCaruso) August 5, 2019

This type of distortion has been all-too common from CNN. In February 2018,
following the Parkland, Florida shooting, CNN’s Chris Cuomo said to President
Trump via Twitter: “[A]re you aware that one of the regulations you got rid
of made it more difficult for mentally ill to get guns?”

are you aware that one of the regulations you got rid of
made it more difficult for mentally ill to get guns?
https://t.co/r5lRKZHhnd

— Christopher C. Cuomo (@ChrisCuomo) February 15, 2018

The regulation in question, however, "potentially deprived between 75,000 to
80,000 people of a right based not on what they had done but on the basis of
being classified by the government in a certain way," noted Scott Shackford
at Reason. "The fact that these people may have these impairments did not
inherently mean that they were dangerous to themselves or others and needed
to be kept away from guns."

"The government does have the power to restrict and even deny gun ownership
to people," he added, "but it has to show that these people have engaged in
behavior that makes weapons dangerous in their hands."
2019-08-06 11:48:20 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
NoBody
2019-08-07 13:11:57 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
Mass shootings happened before Trump and will happen long after Trump
is out of office. Quit sounding like a partisan fool.
Ubiquitous
2019-08-08 08:35:39 UTC
Post by NoBody
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
Mass shootings happened before Trump and will happen long after Trump
is out of office. Quit sounding like a partisan fool.
I hope you're not holding your breath!

FPP
2019-08-08 12:19:51 UTC
Post by NoBody
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
Mass shootings happened before Trump and will happen long after Trump
is out of office. Quit sounding like a partisan fool.
I hope you're not holding your breath!
Name another mass shooting caused by a president. That's should be easy
for you... but we all know you won't be giving us any specifics with it.

Liars are notoriously short on specifics.
NoBody
2019-08-09 15:14:17 UTC
Post by NoBody
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
Mass shootings happened before Trump and will happen long after Trump
is out of office. Quit sounding like a partisan fool.
I hope you're not holding your breath!
Name another mass shooting caused by a president. That's should be easy
for you... but we all know you won't be giving us any specifics with it.
No shooting was caused by Trump. You're believing your own propaganda
again.
Irony anyone?
moviePig
2019-08-09 20:54:43 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by NoBody
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facing up to the truth is a good start.
Mass shootings happened before Trump and will happen long after Trump
is out of office. Quit sounding like a partisan fool.
I hope you're not holding your breath!
Name another mass shooting caused by a president. That's should be easy
for you... but we all know you won't be giving us any specifics with it.
No shooting was caused by Trump. You're believing your own propaganda
again.
Why? Because no one's found a smoking podium?
Post by NoBody
Post by FPP
Liars are notoriously short on specifics.
Irony anyone?
That phrase does have meaning, but you really should learn what it is...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-08-06 11:55:52 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Facts are stubborn things, aren't they?
FPP
2019-08-06 22:40:40 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Wonder why?

"Trump officials have redirected resources from countering far-right,
racism-fueled domestic terrorism"

"But the Department of Homeland Security, which is charged with
identifying threats and preventing domestic terrorism, has sought to
redirect resources away from countering anti-government, far-right and
white supremacist groups. The shift has come despite evidence of a
growing danger."

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-05/trump-officials-have-redirected-resources-from-countering-far-right-racism-fueled-domestic-terrorism
NoBody
2019-08-07 13:23:10 UTC
On Monday, CNN seemingly attempted to paint President Donald Trump as
culpable for tragic mass shootings over the weekend in El Paso, Texas and
Dayton, Ohio.
Wonder why?
"Trump officials have redirected resources from countering far-right,
racism-fueled domestic terrorism"
"But the Department of Homeland Security, which is charged with
identifying threats and preventing domestic terrorism, has sought to
redirect resources away from countering anti-government, far-right and
white supremacist groups. The shift has come despite evidence of a
growing danger."
https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-05/trump-officials-have-redirected-resources-from-countering-far-right-racism-fueled-domestic-terrorism
Perhaps if we didn't have to stop the invasion at the border there
would be more available resources?
NoBody
That right there is editorializing BS.
Ubiquitous
2019-08-07 01:05:01 UTC
CNN contributor and liberal intellectual Reza Aslan is calling for the
"eradication" of Trump supporters. In a series of aggressive tweets directed
toward the President and those who voted for him, Aslan remarked - in
response to the mass shooting in El Paso - that President Donald Trump "is a
white nationalist terror leader."

Arguing that there was "no longer any room for nuance" - words that are
remarkably similar to Dayton shooter Connor Betts' calls for violence on
Twitter - Reza openly called for the genocide of Trump supporters.

"The President is a white nationalist terror leader. His supporters - ALL OF
THEM - are by definition white nationalist terror supporters. The MAGA hat is
a KKK hood. And his evil, racist scourge must be eradicated from society."

In the same series of tweets, Aslan called Kellyanne Conway ""'the depraved
evil'" we need to eradicate," following her remarks that America needed to
come together in the wake of the mass shooting. The CNN contributor took her
call for the eradication of hate and turned it upon her with a call for the
eradication of a group of people - Trump supporters - of which Conway is a
part.

Armed with dehumanizing language, Aslan's call for the
"eradication" of the Left's political opponents and his
characterization of Trump supporters as an "evil, racist
scourge" is rooted in the language of Holocaust proponents
and other architects of 20th-century genocide.

Aslan also slammed Ivanka Trump's denouncement of white supremacist ideology,
referring her and her entirely family as "white supremacist" despite the
Jewish heritage of Ivanka's husband Jared Kushner and their extended family.

Armed with dehumanizing language, Aslan's call for the "eradication" of the
Left's political opponents and his characterization of Trump supporters as an
"evil, racist scourge" is rooted in the language of Holocaust proponents and
other architects of 20th-century genocide.

The term "eradicate," when used in the context of groups of people, is a call
for genocide. An early intelligence record on Hitler's "Final Solution" was
declassified in 2001 under the Nazi War Crimes Disclosure Act, which contains
statements by Axis diplomats referring to a plan for the "eradication" of
Jews in Europe.

"The Jewish problem is being partially solved in the Protectorate [Reich
Protectorate of Bohemia-Moravia], as it has been decided to eradicate all the
Jews and send some to Poland and others to the town of Terezin, whilst
looking for a more remote place," reads an official Nazi dispatch to the
Chilean government.

In reference to genocide, identical language is used by historians,
journalists, and human rights organizations.

According to a 2007 Clark University study on the deconstruction of hate
speech, "Dehumanization is a frequent element of hate speech, and is used to
vilify the target. It also has the effect of disinhibiting violence. Thus,
dehumanizing descriptions of individuals and groups are an alarming signal of
hate speech and the danger of future violence, and its early detection is
crucial."

Reza's call for the "eradication" of Trump supporters isn't limited to
President Trump and his cabinet. He also made calls for violence against the
Covington Catholic High School boys in January.

"Honest question. Have you seen a more punchable face than this kid's?" Aslan
asked. The tweet received over 23,000 "likes" from his supporters. Tweets
like Aslan's set off a firestorm of hatred against the high school boys,
including threats directed towards the school and the boys' lawyer, Robert
Barnes.

The tweet remains online.

According to Daily Wire reporter Ryan Saavedra, a Twitter official stated
that Aslan's call to "eradicate" Kellyanne Conway does not violate their
policies.

FPP
2019-08-07 23:10:19 UTC
CNN contributor and liberal intellectual Reza Aslan is calling for the
"eradication" of Trump supporters.
Sure he did. Why would you lie?
-Elizabeth Warren
FPP
2019-08-09 01:39:00 UTC
CNN contributor and liberal intellectual Reza Aslan is calling for the
"eradication" of Trump supporters. In a series of aggressive tweets directed
toward the President and those who voted for him, Aslan remarked - in
response to the mass shooting in El Paso - that President Donald Trump "is a
white nationalist terror leader."
Ya' think? Hail Trump!

"The lawyer for a 39-year-old man in Montana who fractured the skull of
child for wearing a hat during the national anthem at a rodeo says his
client believed he was acting on behalf of President Trump.

Curt Brockway, who was charged this week with felony assault on the
13-year-old boy, suffered a traumatic brain injury and was honorably
discharged from the U.S. Army over his disability, which his lawyer
Lance Jasper said contributed to his actions. “His commander in chief is
telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn
a flag, they should be punished,” Jasper said. “He certainly didn’t
understand it was a crime.”

Brockway told deputies that he noticed the boy hadn’t removed his hat
and confronted him about it, to which the boy responded “fuck you.”
Brockway told authorities that he grabbed the boy by the throat, lifted
him into the air, and then slammed him onto the ground. The boy was
flown to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion and a
fractured skull.

Witnesses told reporters that Brockway defended his actions afterward
because the boy had been disrespectful. “Trump never necessarily says go
hurt somebody, but the message is absolutely clear,” Jasper said. “I am
certain of the fact that [Brockway] was doing what he believed he was
told to do, essentially, by the president.”

But, by all means, you go on worrying about what somebody says on
fucking Twitter. The rest of us will just go on protecting our kids
from the likes of knuckle-dragging morons like you.
NoBody
2019-08-09 15:18:25 UTC
CNN contributor and liberal intellectual Reza Aslan is calling for the
"eradication" of Trump supporters. In a series of aggressive tweets directed
toward the President and those who voted for him, Aslan remarked - in
response to the mass shooting in El Paso - that President Donald Trump "is a
white nationalist terror leader."
Ya' think? Hail Trump!
"The lawyer for a 39-year-old man in Montana who fractured the skull of
child for wearing a hat during the national anthem at a rodeo says his
client believed he was acting on behalf of President Trump.
So his lawyer is working on a "it's Trump's fault" defense. So what?
Post by FPP
Curt Brockway, who was charged this week with felony assault on the
13-year-old boy, suffered a traumatic brain injury and was honorably
discharged from the U.S. Army over his disability, which his lawyer
Lance Jasper said contributed to his actions. “His commander in chief is
telling people that if they kneel, they should be fired, or if they burn
a flag, they should be punished,” Jasper said. “He certainly didn’t
understand it was a crime.”
Nonsense
Post by FPP
Brockway told deputies that he noticed the boy hadn’t removed his hat
and confronted him about it, to which the boy responded “fuck you.”
Brockway told authorities that he grabbed the boy by the throat, lifted
him into the air, and then slammed him onto the ground. The boy was
flown to a hospital, where he was diagnosed with a concussion and a
fractured skull.
He understood what he was doing just fine and Trump had nothing to do
with it.
BS!
Ubiquitous
2019-08-09 08:34:42 UTC
NBC News and MSNBC contributor Frank Figliuzzi, former FBI assistant director
for counterintelligence, spoke with anchor Brian Williams this week about
domestic terror, and offered a hidden meaning for the dates selected for
flying flags at half-staff in the United States; A hidden Hitler meaning.

Contrary to a disclaimer he inserted into his remarks, Figliuzzi definitely
implied and suggested that President Trump made a deliberate Nazi overture.

Figliuzzi was on with Williams following two mass shootings over the weekend,
although the focus was on the first of the two, which took place in El Paso,
Texas. Figliuzzi told Williams about the signs of, and similarities between
how domestic white supremacist terror in the United States can follow the
same methods of radicalization he saw in Islamic terror.

"Not only is the internet facilitating the speed of radicalization, but our
leader, our chief executive is seen as almost a mentor and a radicalizer," he
said. "And unfortunately, today, we did not hear what we needed to hear from
that person that these extremists and unstable people look to."

"What happens is the extremists interpret what the President read off a
script today as something he needed to say, something he didn't really want
to say," said Figliuzzi. "So the President's either getting really good
advice and rejecting it, or he's getting really bad advice."

"I'll give you an example of that," he said. He said you have to understand
how "they think" and that "it's the little things and language and messaging
that matters."

"The president said that we will fly our flags at half mast until August 8th.
That`s 8/8. Now, I`m not going to imply that he did this deliberately but I
am using it as an example of the ignorance of the adversary that`s being
demonstrated by the White House," he began.

"The numbers eight eight are very significant in neo-Nazi and white supremacy
movement," he said. "Why? Because the letter H is the eighth letter of the
alphabet, and to them the numbers 8/8 together stand for Hitler. So we`re
going to be raising the flag back up at dusk on 8/8."

"No one is thinking about this," he said, offering the safe explanation for
his bringing it up. That is, that he is simply pointing out that they should
have noticed this. He offered that as an explanation on Twitter, too.

Dear craziest person on TV, listen carefully; I clearly said
I'm not saying Trump did this deliberately, I'm saying he needs
advice on how extremists will interpret raising the flag on 8/8.
He needs advice on putting out the fire he started. Are you part
of that solution?

- Frank Figliuzzi (@FrankFigliuzzi1) August 7, 2019

But next he said, "No one is giving him advice or he`s rejecting the advice."
That addendum is key here.

Williams tried to zero in. "I know you`re keeping your options open there,
Frank, but as chilling is that is to hear.You`re saying it is possible
someone who knows better is offering or editing the words that show up and
are read verbatim or supposed to be read verbatim by the president."

The important question to ask was whether Figliuzzi, by repeating for a
second time that Trump might have rejected advice, is whether he was
suggesting a deliberate decision on the part of Trump to include a white
supremacist, Nazi reference _of which he'd been made aware_, or not. Williams
asked instead the lesser question that should have been a follow-up, about
whether Figliuzzi was suggesting that maybe some white supremacist
sympathizer who writes Trump's speeches for him sneaked it through on
purpose.

Figliuzzi, however, answered neither question, instead going back to his
double talk.

"I`m concerned about who is writing his script and his speeches and what
would fascinate me is what he`s rejecting," he said, again reserving an `out'
but also repeating for a third time his implication that Trump was actively
deciding not to listen to people who told him not to use a favorite Nazi
number. "So it`s possible that several iterations of this speech were given
to him, someone with expertise - and believe me, the expertise exists in our
intelligence community and law enforcement community and civilian population,
and how to counter radicalization - So they, those folks could have advised
him on writing an excellent speech that would have created an obstacle on the
path of violence that we`re on."

Up to this point, he said several times that Trump might be rejecting good
advice or perhaps getting bad advice. But in his closing he ditches the
caveat pretense and offers two possibilities that both amount to the same
conclusion.

"He either chose to not take that advice, or he`s not even willing to solicit
advice," he said. So either Trump consciously, deliberately decided he would
include a coded Hitler shout-out in the selection of dates for national
mourning after being specifically told about it and advised to not do it, or
he deliberately avoided anyone who might tell him that.

Figliuzzi tries to frame his decoding of Hitler references as simply being
cognizant of something the bad guys might latch onto. He repeated that
tacked-on "out" on Twitter. He claims he wasn't implying this was deliberate,
despite repeatedly suggesting that Trump may have done it deliberately. The
structure of his argument was abundantly clear, and even Brian Williams knew
it.

Figliuzzi was theorizing a Trump conspiracy to send a coded shout-out to
neo-Nazis. And that intended conclusion was exactly how it was taken all over
social media. And elsewhere.

BTR1701
2019-08-09 20:01:24 UTC
Up to this point, he said several times that Trump might be rejecting good
advice or perhaps getting bad advice, but in his closing he ditches the
caveat pretense and offers two possibilities that both amount to the same
conclusion.
"He either chose to not take that advice, or he's not even willing to solicit
advice," he said. So either Trump consciously, deliberately decided he would
include a coded Hitler shout-out in the selection of dates for national
mourning after being specifically told about it and advised to not do it, or
he deliberately avoided anyone who might tell him that.
But... but... moviePig claims that I was misreading what Figliuzzi said.
Basic logic seems to argue otherwise.
moviePig
2019-08-09 20:58:28 UTC
Up to this point, he said several times that Trump might be rejecting good
advice or perhaps getting bad advice, but in his closing he ditches the
caveat pretense and offers two possibilities that both amount to the same
conclusion.
"He either chose to not take that advice, or he's not even willing to solicit
advice," he said. So either Trump consciously, deliberately decided he would
include a coded Hitler shout-out in the selection of dates for national
mourning after being specifically told about it and advised to not do it, or
he deliberately avoided anyone who might tell him that.
But... but... moviePig claims that I was misreading what Figliuzzi said.
Basic logic seems to argue otherwise.
MoviePig claimed you *mis-reported* what Figliuzzi said. So, now you've
mis-reported what moviePig said...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-08-09 21:47:24 UTC
Up to this point, he said several times that Trump might be rejecting good
advice or perhaps getting bad advice, but in his closing he ditches the
caveat pretense and offers two possibilities that both amount to the same
conclusion.
"He either chose to not take that advice, or he's not even willing to solicit
advice," he said. So either Trump consciously, deliberately decided he would
include a coded Hitler shout-out in the selection of dates for national
mourning after being specifically told about it and advised to not do it, or
he deliberately avoided anyone who might tell him that.
But... but... moviePig claims that I was misreading what Figliuzzi said.
Basic logic seems to argue otherwise.
No, you were lying, that's all.
-Elizabeth Warren
FPP
2019-08-09 21:48:36 UTC
Up to this point, he said several times that Trump might be rejecting good
advice or perhaps getting bad advice, but in his closing he ditches the
caveat pretense and offers two possibilities that both amount to the same
conclusion.
"He either chose to not take that advice, or he's not even willing to solicit
advice," he said. So either Trump consciously, deliberately decided he would
include a coded Hitler shout-out in the selection of dates for national
mourning after being specifically told about it and advised to not do it, or
he deliberately avoided anyone who might tell him that.
But... but... moviePig claims that I was misreading what Figliuzzi said.
Basic logic seems to argue otherwise.
Sure. Ttump doesn't know a thing about Nazis.

"Matthew Gebert, a foreign affairs officer for the department’s Bureau
of Energy Resources, was linked to the Washington D.C.-area chapter of a
white supremacist organization and published racist propaganda online,
according to a report published Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law
Center, which tracks hate speech.""
-Elizabeth Warren
BTR1701
2019-08-09 22:36:55 UTC
[...]
Well, then, what a shitty president Obama was for hiring him, huh?
Oh, the SPLC? There goes all credibility this report has, then.
FPP
2019-08-09 22:53:15 UTC
[...]
You didn't see Obama tolerating any that he knew about when he was
president.
President Ttump, on the other hand...

• @whitegenocidetm, the anonymous Twitter user who made a joke about Jeb
Bush that then-candidate Trump retweeted in January 2016. (“White
genocide” is the far right’s term for the left’s alleged goal of
replacing white populations with non-white ones through immigration.)

• @neilturner_, whose Twitter bio (per Politico) included the phrase
“#WhiteGenocide is real,” and who Trump @’d or retweeted six times
during the 2016 primaries.

• @keksec_org, an account whose archived tweets include racial slurs and
race-war rhetoric and who Trump retweeted five times. (According to the
Hill, @keksec_org also tweeted frequently about the alleged unique
attractiveness of white women.)

More prominently, there’s Jayda Fransen, a far-right British politician
who was publicly kicked off Twitter not long after Trump retweeted three
hoax videos from her account that purported to show Muslims engaging in
violence against whites. (Fransen’s fringe party, in the description of
the New York Times, believes that “white Christian civilization is under
threat from Muslims.”)

There’s also Milo Yiannopoulos, the former Breitbart writer who has been
revealed to have solicited input on Breitbart stories from self-avowed
white nationalists (including the proprietor of a neo-Nazi site called
the Daily Stormer) and was booted from Twitter for inciting harassment
against black actress Leslie Jones.

Trump did take a question from Yiannopoulos during a campaign Reddit Q&A
and promoted him by name on Twitter after taking office. As a candidate,
Trump also infamously retweeted a fake graphic about black crime and an
anti-Semitic Star of David image from accounts that appear to have been
self-deactivated."

You wanna compare Obama with our Grate Leader some more? Go ahead...
I'd LOVE to!
-Elizabeth Warren
FPP
2019-08-09 22:59:23 UTC
[...]
Yeah, let's DO that, shall we, counseliar? Trump not only allows it, he
actually covers for White Supremacy.

"The Justice Department suppressed a report showing that suspected white
supremacists were responsible for all race-based domestic terror
incidents last year.

The report by New Jersey’s Office of Homeland Security Preparedness was
distributed throughout DHS and to federal agencies like the FBI earlier
this year before it was obtained by Yahoo News. The document includes
data Congress has sought from the Trump administration but the Justice
Department has been “unable or unwilling” to provide.

The report shows that 25 of 46 suspects in 32 domestic terrorism
incidents were identified as white supremacists. The 25 suspected white
supremacist suspects were responsible for all “race-based” incidents
while others were deemed “anti-government extremists” and “single-issue
extremists.”

“This map reflects 32 domestic terrorist attacks, disrupted plots,
threats of violence, and weapons stockpiling by individuals with a
radical political or social agenda who lack direction or influence from
foreign terrorist organizations in 2018,” the report said.

Under Trump, the Department of Homeland Security has redirected
resources away from fighting far-right and white supremacist groups. The
Los Angeles Times reported that DHS had slashed its office handling
domestic terrorism from $21 million and 41 full-time or contracted
employees to just $2.6 million and 10 full-time employees in 2017."

Got all that, counceliar? Your turn!

And then we can talk about Ttump overturning an Obama ban that made it
harder for mentally ill people to buy guns. THAT'S working out GRATE,
isn't it?
-Elizabeth Warren
FPP
2019-08-09 23:00:13 UTC
[...]
Counselor, I *OWN* your ass!
-Elizabeth Warren
trotsky
What the fuck does that have to do with Benghazi? Or private email servers?
trotsky
2019-08-10 11:55:48 UTC
Post by FPP
according to a report published Wednesday by the Southern Poverty Law
Center, which tracks hate speech."
Oh, the SPLC? There goes all credibility this report has, then.
Compared to what? The Heritage Foundation?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FPP
2019-08-09 21:46:56 UTC
Figliuzzi was theorizing a Trump conspiracy to send a coded shout-out to
neo-Nazis. And that intended conclusion was exactly how it was taken all over
social media. And elsewhere.
Figliuzzi was dead wrong. No message Ttump sends out is coded.
He just talks to his White Supremacist buddies in a language we all can
understand.
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-08-10 01:05:04 UTC
It’s almost as if liberal journalists were all reading from the same
Democrat talking points. MSNBC Live host Craig Melvin liked what one
2020 Democrat candidate said about President Trump’s response to mass
shootings, so much, that he repeated the attack line several times on
the rest of his program.

Rep.Tim Ryan (D-OH) was making the rounds on cable news Wednesday, when
he stopped by MSNBC to complain Trump lacked the empathy gene that
presidents before him had.

[H]e’s incapable of feeling that compassion that is needed
that Barack Obama had, that Bill Clinton had, that George W.
Bush had to really connect with people in their pain. And
the whole country’s in pain now and we have a president who
doesn't know how to connect with people in pain and in many
ways makes it worse.

In response, Melvin gushed, “Congressman, do you think he's incapable
or do you think he's just unwilling?”

Afterwards, the MSNBC host continued psychoanalyzing the president with
his other, anti-Trump guests. To Tim Miller, former spokesperson for
Jeb Bush’s 2016 campaign, Melvin asked, again, "Going back to what Tim
Ryan said to me a few moments ago, Tim, do you think that this is a
president who is incapable of empathy or showing empathy? Or do you
think that this is a President who is consistently unwilling to do
that?"

“Both, probably. He’s certainly not willing,” Miller replied.

To end his show, Melvin again invited a never-Trump MSNBC Republican to
compare the President’s response to his predecessor’s response to mass
shootings.

Playing a clip of President Obama singing "Amazing Grace," Melvin
gushed to former Newsweek editor and presidential historian, Jon
Meacham:

There's a man singing "Amazing Grace" to the country in the
wake of a mass shooting. When you compare President Obama's
response to these horrible acts of violence, whether
Charleston, whether its Sandy Hook, and then you compare this
president's response, Jon, this current president, is he
incapable of it, or is he unwilling to do it?

It wasn’t just MSNBC Tim Ryan was repeating this line to. He attacked
Trump as incapable of empathy on CNN just one hour earlier. Maybe he
got it from Al Sharpton, who said today on Morning Joe, that Trump was
“incapable” of “humanity.”

Ubiquitous
2019-08-12 08:28:54 UTC

Following the death of disgraced U.S. financier Jeffrey Epstein, MSNBC
hosts have offered a variety of theories tying the incident to the
Trump administration or to Russia.

MSNBC's AM Joy host Joy Reid suggested Attorney General William Barr
could be responsible for the death of disgraced U.S. financier Jeffrey
Epstein.

Authorities say Epstein committed suicide, but alternative theories
have proliferated in the time since his his death Friday night. MSNBC
host Joe Scarborough said the whole situation seemed "predictably
Russian," and Reid drew attention to the fact that Epstein was in a
federal prison.

"This is somebody who not only is high-profile, who not only knew a lot
of high-profile people, whose papers just came out of court just to let
out of some of the documents related to his cases that name high-
profile people, who is friends with the current president of the United
States, who flew a previous president of the United States around on
his plane," Reid said, referencing former President Bill Clinton who
flew on Epstein's plane dozens of times. "This is on the same level of
a Bill Cosby. This is a famous person who's now in prison. He knows a
lot about a lot of people.His only out at this point would to talk
about those people. So, he's in this very vulnerable situation."

She went on to say she learned earlier in the segment about how the
facility where Epstein, who was facing federal sex trafficking charges,
was being held was under the control of the Department of Justice. He
was restricted to the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan
after he was found unconscious in his cell last month with marks on his
neck.

"This Department of Justice does not exactly inspire confidence. Let's
just be blunt. William Barr's Justice Department is not one you can
readily simply rely upon and feel confident in," Reid said. "What do we
make of all of this now that in this federal facility this person was
allowed to be alone long enough to either harm himself or be killed by
some-we don't know what happened. We just don't know."

Grabien's Tom Elliott noted how Reid threw out another conspiracy
theory later in the segment about Barr potentially trying to help Trump
avoid implication in the Epstein scandal. While Trump has been pictured
with Epstein in 1992, 1997, and 2000 and knows several people in his
orbit, Trump said, "I was not a fan of his, that I can tell you" last
month.

"Donald Trump's name comes up whenever Jeffrey Epstein's name comes up
and other people, too. He's no longer a threat to those people because
he can't talk about them anymore," Reid said. "I think one of the
reasons people feel a lot of skepticism here is he's deprived these
girls of justice, young women of justice, but he now goes silent."

Scarborough, host of Morning Joe, took to Twitter earlier in the
morning to suggest Russians are involved.

"A guy who had information that would have destroyed rich and powerful
men's lives ends up dead in his jail cell. How predictably.Russian,"
Scarborough tweeted.

A guy who had information that would have destroyed rich and
powerful men's lives ends up dead in his jail cell. How
predictably.Russian.

- Joe Scarborough (@JoeNBC) August 10, 2019

Scarborough also retweeted an account that said, "Hey, folks, we're
Russia now. Enjoy it."

MSNBC personality John Heilemann quote-tweeted the same tweet and
included a Russian flag emoji.

https://twitter.com/jheil/status/1160195848720064513?s=20

FPP
2019-08-14 01:33:59 UTC
http://youtu.be/MfXRk1y3_h0
[...]
Jeeze... two replies in the same thread - one right after another?
Don't let Ubi catch you doing that! He doesn't like it...

Not one bit.
NoBody
Your inability to address anything that was posted is noted.
Ubiquitous
2019-08-16 20:51:04 UTC
http://youtu.be/MfXRk1y3_h0
[...]
Nice strawman, boy.

Strawman noted.

Ubiquitous
2019-08-19 20:20:12 UTC
Congress may be almost evenly divided these days, but not on the liberal
cable news networks. A new study by the Media Research Center finds that CNN
and MSNBC host Democratic Representatives and Senators seven times more
frequently than their Republican counterparts, and most often use Democratic
talking points to question members of both parties.

MRC analysts examined every broadcast from 6am ET to midnight ET on CNN and
MSNBC during three randomly-selected weeks when Congress was in session
(January 7-11, March 25-29 and June 10-14), amounting to 540 hours of
programming. Each network conducted virtually the same number of interviews
with sitting members of Congress: 159 on MSNBC, vs. 165 on CNN.

Our analysts found an overwhelming partisan bias on MSNBC, where
congressional Democrats were interviewed 13 times more often than their GOP
counterparts during these sample weeks (148 Democrats vs. just 11
Republicans). On CNN, the ratio was a still wildly-imbalanced four to one
(136 vs. 29).

Note: Interviews with Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and Maine Senator Angus
King, both independents who caucus with the Democrats, were included in the
Democrats' total.

https://www.newsbusters.org/s3/files/styles/blog_body-
100/s3/images/barchart.png

Despite the current Republican majority in the Senate, Democrats accounted
for 90 (87%) out of a total of 103 interviews with Senators, while Republican
Senators received just 10 (10%). The split was virtually identical among
members of the House: 199 (87%) were Democrats, while the remaining 30 (13%)
were Republicans.

The presidential race was not the reason for the skewed results, since the
congressional Democrats running for the 2020 nomination comprised only a
small slice of the interviewees - just 10 of the total 134 Democrats
interviewed on CNN (7%), and 19 out of 148 (13%) on MSNBC.

This huge disparity would mean less if the networks conducted equally tough
interviews with each side, but that's not what our team found. When
Republicans were interviewed, they routinely faced adversarial questions that
reflected a Democratic agenda, yet Democratic guests were rarely confronted
with Republican talking points.

For this study, an agenda question was defined one which challenged the
interviewee with a recognizable talking point from the opposing party. These
could involve arguments on various policy issues, political confrontations
such as the partial government shutdown, or the various investigations of the
President. (See examples below.)

Republican guests faced a total of 310 questions, just over half of which
(156, or 50%) could be classified as reflecting the agenda of one party or
the other. Of those, 152 (97%) reflected an adversarial/Democratic agenda,
compared to a mere four (2.5%) based on a friendlier, Republican agenda.

For Democrats, the terrain was far more hospitable. Of 660 questions
identified as having a partisan tilt (out of 1,653 total questions), 535
(81%) were based on a friendly Democratic agenda, while the remaining 125
(19%) asked the Democrats to respond to an adversarial/Republican agenda.

https://www.newsbusters.org/s3/files/styles/blog_body-
100/s3/images/chart_fixed.png

There's nothing wrong in asking a political guest to respond to the arguments
of the other side. But repeatedly asking Republicans to answer to Democratic
talking points, while rarely asking Democrats to do the same thing, suggests
cable networks are actually choosing sides, rather than merely playing
Devil's advocate with guests.

Below are a series of questions from the study that exemplify the different
kinds of agenda questions posed by cable hosts and anchors:

• Examples of Democratic agenda questions posed to Republicans:

The President has largely dismissed concerns about federal workers
not receiving their paychecks. He insists he could also relate to
their situation. Do you believe President Trump understands the
financial hardships these Americans and their families are about
to go through?

- CNN's Wolf Blitzer to Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) on
The Situation Room, January 7.

As a Republican on the Judiciary Committee who does not want
impeachment, but is looking at a report from the Special Counsel
that says there are 10 potential instances here of obstruction of
justice involving the President of the United States - if you don't
want impeachment and you are on the Judiciary Committee, what do
you do?

- MSNBC's Steve Kornacki to Congressman Kelly Armstrong (R-ND) on
MTP Daily, June 10.

• Examples of Democratic agenda questions posed to Democrats:

If this President declares a national emergency and grabs 4 or 5
billion dollars from the defense budget and throws it for the wall,
is that an article of impeachment? Is that a high crime?

- MSNBC's Chris Matthews to Congressman Eric Swalwell (D-CA) on
Hardball, January 9.

I think that so many people would say, "Well, what's wrong with
adding a citizenship question to the census? Don't we want to know
how many people are here in the country?" But then you have tried
to talk about the back story to who concocted this plan, and how
this plan came to be, and that it may not be quite what it appears
to be. So, quickly, can you remind people of how this is linked to
the architect of gerrymandering?

- CNN's Alisyn Camerota to Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL) on
New Day, June 13.

• Examples of Republican agenda questions posed to Democrats:

But Congresswoman, not all of those [illegal immigrants] are people
we're going to let in. Just because they're fleeing violence doesn't
mean that our borders are open. We have to have secure borders.

- MSNBC's Stephanie Ruhle to Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (D-TX)
on MSNBC Live, January 10.

You said earlier today that, quote, "There is evidence of collusion,
no question." Do you stand by that claim? Because it sure seems like
Robert Mueller's conclusion is very different.

- CNN's Anderson Cooper to Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) on
Anderson Cooper 360, March 25.

• Examples of Republican agenda questions posed to Republicans:

The rules don't work, right? You can - you can come in illegally,
you could come in illegally and when you catch me, I can say, "I
want asylum," and I jump the line, effectively. You guys have to
change that rule.

- CNN's Chris Cuomo to Congressman Chip Roy (R-TX) on Cuomo Prime
Time, March 29.

When Mitch McConnell was asked last night about all of this [the
Mueller investigation], he says he gets picked at every day about
every aspect about this, but the point is that Democrats are trying
to keep the 2016 election alive. Do you agree with McConnell on this,
that that's what this is?

- CNN's Kate Bolduan to Congressman Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) on At
This Hour, June 14.

FPP
2019-08-19 22:13:40 UTC
Congress may be almost evenly divided these days, but not on the liberal
cable news networks. A new study by the Media Research Center finds that CNN
and MSNBC host Democratic Representatives and Senators seven times more
frequently than their Republican counterparts, and most often use Democratic
talking points to question members of both parties.
And Fox News writes the president's tweets.
-Elizabeth Warren
Ubiquitous
2019-08-16 20:51:03 UTC
By excusing the lies Senators Warren and Harris told about Michael
Brown's death, the fact-checking site abandoned its mission.

In theory, fact-checking is a valuable media enterprise. No one will do
it perfectly - human beings are fallible, after all - but to do it well
requires a kind of flinty moral courage. Every reporter has his own
biases, and sometimes the demands of the job will conflict with the
desires of his heart. Sometimes, the fact-check will torpedo his own
team.

Yesterday, PolitiFact failed this test.

At issue were blatant lies from two leading Democratic candidates about
the police shooting of Michael Brown five years ago. Here's what
Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris tweeted:

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police
officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he
was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers
who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must
confront systemic racism and police violence head on.

- Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 9, 2019

Michael Brown's murder forever changed Ferguson and America.
His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation
and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger
accountability and racial equity in our justice system.

- Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) August 9, 2019

As I explained in detail in a piece last week, the claim that Brown was
murdered is decisively contradicted by the Obama Department of
Justice's comprehensive report on the incident. The DOJ found that
there was "_no credible evidence_ that [Officer Darren] Wilson
willfully shot Brown as he was attempting to surrender or was otherwise
not posing a threat" and that the officer "did not act with the
requisite criminal intent" necessary to prosecute him.

To put it plainly, there was no murder, and when Warren and Harris
claim otherwise, it matters. Police shootings and the broader issue of
alleged systematic racial animus in American law enforcement represent
two of the most consequential and contentious political and cultural
issues in the United States. They are incredibly complex - for example,
while the DOJ found that Michael Brown wasn't murdered, it did find
overwhelming evidence of systematic misconduct, including racist
misconduct, by the Ferguson Police Department - and emotional issues.
Discerning the true facts in any given shooting is paramount, and
requires a fearless commitment to the truth.

The Washington Post's Glenn Kessler gets it. His fact-check was a
masterpiece of the genre, a lengthy, detailed accounting of the truth
that inexorably reached the only supportable conclusion: "Harris and
Warren ignored the findings of the Justice Department to accuse Wilson
of murder, even though the Justice Department found no credible
evidence to support that claim." He gave their statements four
Pinocchios.

Let's now turn to PolitiFact's extraordinary analysis. It starts out
promising, with an early confession that "in discussing the case with
legal experts, however, we found broad consensus that `murder' was the
wrong word to use - a legal point likely familiar to Harris, a longtime
prosecutor, and Warren, a law professor."

But hold on, says PolitiFact, we shouldn't necessarily be focusing on,
you know, actual words. That could be problematic. No, really, that's
where this "fact-check" goes next:

That said, experts who have studied police-related deaths
and race relations said that focusing too much on the
linguistics in controversial cases comes with its own set
of problems.

And what are those problems? Well, according to these "experts,"
examining the "linguistic distinction" at issue feels "like an attempt
to shift the debate from a discussion about the killing of black and
brown people by police." Consequently, "rather than discussing the need
for de-escalation tactics and relations between police and communities
of color," the "experts" claim, "this has become a conversation about
legal terms. Quite frankly, it's a distraction that doesn't help the
discussion."

And whose fault is that? It's the fault of senators who didn't just
engage in "linguistic distinctions" but rather made _legally and
factually false assertions_.

Don't tell PolitiFact, however. It said that because "the significance
of Harris' and Warrens' [sic] use of the word is open to some dispute,
we won't be rating their tweets on the Truth-O-Meter."

Is it really "open to dispute"? The word "murder" is a defined term
under applicable law. Warren is a Harvard Law professor. Harris is a
former prosecutor and state attorney general. They virtually define the
term "legal elite." False claims that a person committed a crime are
actionable under longstanding defamation doctrines. So why can't
PolitiFact conclude that they lied? Feast your eyes on this paragraph:

"When my grandmother read the newspaper, she would sometimes
blurt, `It's a crime!' in response to a story," said Ben
Trachtenberg, a University of Missouri law professor. "Everyone
present realized that she did not literally mean that someone
described in the article had violated a criminal statute. It
seems at least possible that (Harris and Warren) wished to
convey a sentiment like my grandmother once did and did not
intend to apply the criminal law of Missouri as one might on
a law school exam."

I look forward to PolitiFact's applying this "granny test" to all
future legal assertions, including those made by former prosecutors and
law professors .

PolitiFact really gives the game away at the close of its piece. The
truth is less important than the "larger issues." Again, the paragraphs
have to be read to be believed:

Joy Leopold, an assistant professor of media communications
at Webster University in Missouri who has studied the Brown
case, said it's not uncommon for smaller issues such as legal
terminology to crop up in controversial cases like this.

"Focusing on the language opens up the opportunity for some to
discredit the conversation about police brutality and the criminal
justice system in general," Leopold said.

Isn't "focusing on language" _what PolitiFact exists to do_? If it's
not going to evaluate the truth of a politician's statements, then
what's the point?

One can certainly debate the larger implications of given facts, but
one can't change the facts themselves. Moreover, it's entirely possible
for an analyst to respond to the truth of the Michael Brown shooting
and say, "There was no murder here, but that does not mean that there
is no larger problem with police violence in the United States."

It's not only possible, it's easy. For example, in my own fact-check of
Warren and Harris, I said this: "I've written about the issue time and
time again and have come to believe not only that too many American
police officers resort to deadly force too quickly but also that there
is an unacceptable pro-police bias in our criminal-justice system."

We live in a big, complicated country where not every event that occurs
will fit our preferred narratives or reinforce our existing biases. A
good fact-checker would remind us of that fact on a regular basis,
"larger issues" be damned. We can, in fact, handle the truth.

FPP
2019-08-19 22:14:59 UTC
Yesterday, PolitiFact failed this test.
Politifact will ALWAYS fail the right-wing test.
It has the word "fact" right in it!
-Elizabeth Warren
trotsky
2019-08-20 09:08:38 UTC
Yesterday, PolitiFact failed this test.
Politifact will ALWAYS fail the right-wing test.
It has the word "fact" right in it!
For some reason the Breitbart subsidiary Politishit never seems to get
the notoriety.

Just Wondering
2019-08-06 14:54:46 UTC
[...]
Mental health problems cover a very broad swath. Most such people
are probably LESS violent, LESS likely to harm themselves or others,
than the average person.