What liberal media?
2006-05-16 01:48:11 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"

CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!

The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the White
House media advisor for direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPu19jOcJF4

"The president is rehearsing and the network pool inadvertently went to
the president as he is rehearsing," anchor Wolf Blitzer explained.

FOXNEWS, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and other outlets did not air the rehearsal.

The slip comes just six months after CNN mistakenly placed a bold black
'X' mark over Vice President Cheney's face as he gave a speech.
--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn
for them, it's failing.
Daniel Damouth
2006-05-16 02:23:31 UTC
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.
Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?

-Dan Damouth
curmudgeon
2006-05-16 02:48:15 UTC
"Daniel Damouth" <***@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:***@66.75.164.120...
***@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in news:V_-***@comcast.com:

CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!

The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.

Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?

-Dan Damouth

Because we have no way of knowing just how many times he had to do it over
before he got it right.
Ubiquitous
2006-05-16 10:28:43 UTC
In article <j5idnWQtrpL3oPTZRVn-***@bresnan.com>, ***@bresnan.net
says...
Post by Ubiquitous
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.
Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?
Because we have no way of knowing just how many times he had to do it over
before he got it right.
You really need to get over this bitterness about AlGore being unable
to steal the election and Bush doing so well.
for them, it's failing.
Andrew Ryan Chang
2006-05-16 06:03:15 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
Why does a simple mistake of airing a rehearsal count as liberal
bias in your crazy eyes? Do you think CNN made it up?
--
"In 1989, AAA called vapor traps on gas tanks a safety hazard. In 1994, it
opposed a move by smogbound eastern states to promote low-polluting cars."

[http://www.nrdc.org/amicus/01win/aaa/aaa.asp]
Ubiquitous
2006-05-16 10:27:06 UTC
Post by Andrew Ryan Chang
Post by Ubiquitous
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
Why does a simple mistake of airing a rehearsal count as liberal
bias in your crazy eyes?
Ah yes, the obligatory ad hominum attack. Liberal media bias has been
proven long ago, but this is not the first "accident" on CNN with this
administration. It's sad how far CNN has slid over the last six years
or so.
Post by Andrew Ryan Chang
Do you think CNN made it up?
That's ridiculous, even for a strawman.
for them, it's failing.
b***@gmail.com
2006-05-26 11:00:00 UTC
Liberal media bias has been
proven long ago,
No, it hasn't. (Hint: if O'Lielly says it, don't believe it.)

But the bias has been disproven. All you need is a working brain.

In fact, if there is a bias, it's a Repug one. Just look at how Bush
got a free pass in the 2000 election, whereas Gore was smeared with
lies over and over again. Ditto for Kerry. Or how about the repeated
claims that the Abramoff corruption scandal is "bipartisan", whereas
it's clearly not? Etcetera etcetera.

BTW Did ya know the The Voice Of America hasn't had any correspondents
in Baghdad because it's too dangerous? I guess they're also one of
those liberal media that don't report all the good news from Iraq. Oh
wait, no, it's actually a US government propaganda tool -- oops.

Ah, FACTS -- what did Colbert say about them? Oh yeah, "reality has a
liberal slant". ;-)

BTW when are you gonna really "support the troops" by doing something
more than posting Repug nonsense? GoArmy.com -- or are you just another
Yellow Elephant? If you like that war so much, go fight it!
BVH
Newport
2006-05-26 17:20:08 UTC
***@gmail.com
If O'Lielly says it, don't believe it. Just look at how Bush got a free
pass in the 2000 election. Ah, FACTS -- what did Colbert say about them?
Oh yeah, "reality has a liberal slant". ;-) BTW when are you (Ubi)
gonna really "support the troops" by doing something more than posting
Repug nonsense?
-------------------------------
Good question!

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
¡x¡x¡x¡x-t¶Å1L°ª¡B«H¥I·v²«¡B_}²£¡B±I«æ°e²{ª÷3¤Ñ~6¤Ñ¦¬²{¢a¢O¢U¡G¢_¢,¢°¢'¡D¢,¢°¢²¡D¢¶¢_¢°¡Y¡Y¡Y¡Y-t¶Å1L°ª¡B«H¥I·v²«¡B_}²£¡B±I«æ°e²{ª÷3¤Ñ~6¤Ñ¦¬²{¢a¢O¢U¡G¢_¢,¢°¢'¡D¢,¢°¢²¡D¢¶¢_¢°¢é
2006-06-25 14:31:01 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Liberal media bias has been proven long ago,
No, it hasn't.
But the bias has been disproven. All you need is a working brain.
In fact, if there is a bias, it's a Repug one. Just look at how Bush
got a free pass in the 2000 election, whereas Gore was smeared with
lies over and over again. Ditto for Kerry. Or how about the repeated
claims that the Abramoff corruption scandal is "bipartisan", whereas
it's clearly not? Etcetera etcetera.
How high are you right now? No, seriously, are we talking
methamphetamine violently delusional high, or merely hashish
hallucination-prone high?
Post by b***@gmail.com
BTW when are you gonna really "support the troops" by doing something
more than posting Repug nonsense? GoArmy.com -- or are you just another
Yellow Elephant? If you like that war so much, go fight it!
I take it you haven't enlisted because you're rooting for the
terrorsists. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a phone call to make to
Homeland Security...
record hunter
.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-06-25 23:55:23 UTC
I take it you haven't enlisted because you're rooting for the terrorsists.
Oooooo.... It's the "With us or with the terrorists" sheep routine. Have you
tried to tie your own shoelaces lately?
Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a phone call to make to
Homeland Security...
It's no wonder you post with such a fraudulent approach - I can't blame you,
I wouldn't want anyone to know who I was either. You sick freak....
Newport
2006-05-16 12:10:47 UTC
***@sfu.ca (Andrew=A0Ryan=A0Chang)
liberal bias in your (Ubi's) crazy eyes?
---------------------------------
When the opposite is true. The media is owned by conservatives and has
taken far too long to expose BushCo's corruption.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
FDR
2006-05-16 12:30:11 UTC
[...]
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
trotsky
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
Newport
2006-05-16 14:48:12 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
------------------------------
Draft the fucker!

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
trotsky
2006-05-16 15:00:42 UTC
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
cloud dreamer
2006-05-16 15:13:09 UTC
the troops.
------------------------------
Draft the fucker!
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
LOL. <Milk up nose...thanks!>

..
Newport
2006-05-16 19:16:25 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
------------------------------
Newport: Draft the fucker!
------------------------------
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
------------------------------
Newport: He falls into the "don't wanna know" category.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-05-24 09:46:54 UTC
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
"Trotsky", OTOH, gleefully celebrates their deaths.
for them, it's failing.
Ubiquitous
2006-05-24 09:44:17 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?

Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
for them, it's failing.
FDR
2006-05-24 19:02:42 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
for them, it's failing.
Puzzla
2006-05-24 21:05:59 UTC
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see. The highly rated local news here in
Houston, leads with blood and guts EVERY DAY! You would think people would
get tired of that, but no. They have been #1 for years. They report on
murders so much, that you would think the number of murders were up. If the
media were liberal, they would have been in Darfur with the first signs of
mass murder. If the media were conservative, they wouldn't have any
negative reports on the current administration. They know what we want and
they give it to us. When American Idol debuted, not many newscasters talked
about it. When it became a phenomenon, it is all we got. They know that a
lot of people actually care who wins and loses. They know that people are
talking about the winner or 1st runner up, like it was Christ's return.

Puzz
ANIM8Rfsk
2006-05-24 22:57:09 UTC
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.

Puzz
David Johnston
2006-05-24 23:55:35 UTC
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
No, they don't. They report what they think will get them good
ratings. It's a business.
Puzzla
2006-05-25 00:09:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
No, they don't. They report what they think will get them good
ratings. It's a business.
True. And they know what we'll watch. When they showed the American people
the starving people in Ethiopia, we were moved. But after about a week, we
didn't want to see more starving people. People didn't stop starving, we
just didn't want to watch. We dictate what they show.

Puzz
2006-05-25 14:44:26 UTC
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
Hard to make a living telling people what you want them to hear, not
what they want to hear. Ask that guy in the ragged clothing ranting on
the street corner.

The mass media are in business to sell advertising. And they make money
by doing so, they are not being funded by thinktanks like AEI. And they
are not in any form of collusion, they are in competition with each
other. If one outlet figured out that other outlets are feeding people
stuff that they did not want to see, they would immediately switch over
and put everybody else out of business.
Newport
2006-05-25 14:45:48 UTC
***@puzzla.net (Puzzla)
When American Idol debuted, not many newscasters talked about it. When
it became a phenomenon, it is all we got. They know that a lot of people
actually care who wins and loses. They know that people are talking
about the winner or 1st runner up, like it was Christ's return.
-----------------------------------
Pathetic ain't it? The media did a lousy job of covering this
adminstration's corruption for far too long. Now that a fair number of
the people have caught up, they may be making up for lost time.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
b***@gmail.com
2006-05-27 00:52:38 UTC
Post by FDR
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
Reagan did far more. Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical
weapons. And to make sure that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere,
he also GAVE Saddam sat images that revealed the positions of Iranian
troops.

Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least
because he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until
he was president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which
involved Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting
terrorists groups in Latin-America.

What a great guy, hm?
BVH
Newport
2006-05-27 11:42:44 UTC
***@gmail.com
Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical weapons. And to make sure
that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere, he also GAVE Saddam sat
images that revealed the positions of Iranian troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least because
he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until he was
president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which involved
Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting terrorists
groups in Latin-America.
What a great guy, hm?
-------------------------------
And idiots want his face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
trotsky
2006-05-27 13:45:25 UTC
Post by Newport
Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical weapons. And to make sure
that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere, he also GAVE Saddam sat
images that revealed the positions of Iranian troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least because
he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until he was
president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which involved
Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting terrorists
groups in Latin-America.
What a great guy, hm?
-------------------------------
And idiots want his face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.
I'd like to see his face on Mr. Rushmore too--on the opposite side of
the real Presidents.
Newport
2006-05-28 17:06:31 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
<<<idiots want Reagan's face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.>>>
----------------------------------
I'd like to see his face on Mr. Rushmore too--on the opposite side of
the real Presidents.
-----------------------------------
With Nancy included for the second term?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-06-12 22:04:58 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by FDR
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
Reagan did far more. Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical
weapons. And to make sure that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere,
he also GAVE Saddam sat images that revealed the positions of Iranian
troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least
because he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until
he was president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which
involved Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting
terrorists groups in Latin-America.
Thank you for sharing your amusing kooky conspiracy theory with us.
Will you please get off the grassy gnoll now, and take your tin foil
hat with you?
for them, it's failing.
s***@winning.com
2006-06-25 20:09:08 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by FDR
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
Reagan did far more. Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical
weapons. And to make sure that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere,
he also GAVE Saddam sat images that revealed the positions of Iranian
troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least
because he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until
he was president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which
involved Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting
terrorists groups in Latin-America.
What a great guy, hm?
Wel, for starters- it should be "Reagan's people". Ronald Reagan was a
figurehead-- almost completely out of the loop-- even more so than Bush
II, believe it or not.

Of course, the corporate media fawned over him- practically making him
a God. And people just buy it.
Newport
2006-06-26 18:31:15 UTC
***@winning.com
Reagan was a figurehead-- almost completely out of the loop-- even more
so than Bush II, believe it or not. Of course, the corporate media
fawned over him- practically making him a God.
---------------------------------------
The "Greed is Good" years. Will they never end?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
John Agosta
2006-06-26 21:40:06 UTC
Post by s***@winning.com
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by FDR
[...]
And when Saddam launched an exocet missile into one of our cruisers, we said
"that's just an accident,
you're forgiven."

But now, we launch a war and invade the country when they haven't done a
thing against us,
and was impotent to do anything.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-06-26 22:02:30 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by s***@winning.com
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by FDR
[...]
THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES
Part One - 59 Minutes
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8217638438978899371>

Part Two - 59 Minutes
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2839463332690200955>

Part Three - 59 Minutes
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3649090417189127240>
2006-06-27 14:13:30 UTC
Post by John Agosta
Post by s***@winning.com
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by FDR
[...]
Well, it was important to demonstrate to the North Koreans and Iranians
that we really can't do much if they do manage to get nuclear weapons.
I don't understand why, it's one of those brilliant things that
conservatives always say liberals are too dumb too understand.
Newport

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
2006-06-27 14:11:54 UTC
Oddly enough, many of whom are now "Bush's people".
Ubiquitous
2006-06-12 22:01:57 UTC
Post by FDR
Post by Ubiquitous
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Iraq wasb gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but that was during
the Cold War.
for them, it's failing.
cloud dreamer
2006-06-12 22:03:25 UTC
Post by FDR
Post by Ubiquitous
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Sorry. Loser. Reagan was in power in 88. You can't blame Clinton for
everything.

..
the Cold War.
Newport
2006-06-13 09:21:16 UTC
***@lnvalid.com (cloud=A0dreamer)
Reagan was in power
--------------------------------------
But later said he didn't remember it.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
cloud dreamer
2006-06-13 13:13:09 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Reagan was in power
--------------------------------------
But later said he didn't remember it.
He didn't remember his wife either.

..
Newport
2006-06-13 18:20:33 UTC
***@lnvalid.com (cloud=A0dreamer)
Reagan was in power
--------------------------------------
Newport: But later said he didn't remember it.
---------------------------------------
He didn't remember his wife either.
---------------------------------------
Newport: Can you blame him? I thought Judy Davis and James Brolin (first
time I'd liked him) were great in the mini-series the major networks
wouldn't show.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-06-30 19:34:00 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by FDR
Post by Ubiquitous
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Sorry. Loser. Reagan was in power in 88.
Reagan wasn't president in the 1990's.
Post by cloud dreamer
You can't blame Clinton for everything.
I do love when the Angry Left try to accuse people of the very thing they
do on a routine basis. Think about that next time you try to blame Bush
for Clinton's screwups, mmkay?
for them, it's failing.
for them, it's failing.
John Agosta
2006-07-01 03:08:44 UTC
Post by cloud dreamer
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by cloud dreamer
You can't blame Clinton for everything.
I do love when the Angry Left try to accuse people of the very thing they
do on a routine basis. Think about that next time you try to blame Bush
for Clinton's screwups, mmkay?
--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn
our military victory in Iraq into a second Vietnam quagmire. Too bad
for them, it's failing.
What planet are you from ?
There is nothing "victorious" about the situation in Iraq, unless of course.
the objective
was to create chaos, and cause a nation of people to wonder if they are
going to
see the next morning's sun, or get blown up this evening.
2006-06-13 14:58:20 UTC
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Iraq wasb gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but that was during
the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
s***@winning.com
2006-06-25 19:59:15 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Iraq wasb gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but that was during
the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
..or anything that doesn't jibe with these imbeciles' one-sided view of
the world is "liberal"..

... the "L" word -- the word that has been demonized by the same media
they rail against.

Really the most convoluted and weak of all of the neocon's claims.

There is one jack-off in these groups who uses the term "fascist
liberals"...

... now THAT'S ignorance personified. Talk about never reading a book.
Ubiquitous
2006-06-30 19:36:54 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Iraq was gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but that was during
the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't waste our
time again in the future.
for them, it's failing.
Newport
2006-07-01 00:36:38 UTC
From: ***@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
so you don't waste our time again in the future.
--------------------------------
What's your excuse?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-07-01 01:27:07 UTC
Post by Newport
Post by Ubiquitous
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't
waste our time again in the future.
What's your excuse?
Obviously you're just not mentally equiped to understand what we're
discussing here. Now run along and play...
for them, it's failing.
2006-07-03 13:49:07 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own people.
Iraq was gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but that was during
the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't waste our
time again in the future.
How much debating skill do I need, when your position is that "I
believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people", even though Halabja happened in March 1988. That's the problem
with the rightwingnuts; they believe they can change reality through
their brilliant debating skills, which consist mainly of calling the
other person names.
for them, it's failing.
Newport
2006-07-05 06:20:15 UTC
***@snail-mail.net (z)
the problem with the rightwingnuts; they believe they can change reality
--------------------------------------
They do for themselves.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-07-06 10:13:56 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people. Iraq was gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but
that was during the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't waste our
time again in the future.
How much debating skill do I need, when your position is that "I
believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people", even though Halabja happened in March 1988.
That's pretty funny, considering how your response to what Clinton did in
the early 1990's is to try and blame Reagan for something similar. Like I
said previously, you need to work on your debating techniques so you don't
waste our time and make a fool of yourself.
Post by z
That's the problem with the rightwingnuts; they believe they can change
reality through their brilliant debating skills, which consist mainly of
calling the other person names.
But not as bad as the Angry Left's, which comsists of accusing others of
doing what they practice. Do let know when you think you're up to the task,
mmkay?
for them, it's failing.
Newport

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
2006-07-06 15:19:22 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people. Iraq was gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but
that was during the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't waste our
time again in the future.
How much debating skill do I need, when your position is that "I
believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people", even though Halabja happened in March 1988.
That's pretty funny, considering how your response to what Clinton did in
the early 1990's is to try and blame Reagan for something similar.
No, that's my response to your inability to discern reality from your
wishlist.
Ubiquitous
2006-07-22 00:26:12 UTC
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
Post by z
Post by Ubiquitous
I believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people. Iraq was gassing the Iran army when Reagan was in office, but
that was during the Cold War.
And when reality conflicts with your beliefs, as in this case, then it
is because reality has a liberal bias.
You might want to practice your debating techniques so you don't waste
our time again in the future.
How much debating skill do I need, when your position is that "I
believe it was Clinton who was in office when he gassed his own
people", even though Halabja happened in March 1988.
That's pretty funny, considering how your response to what Clinton did in
the early 1990's is to try and blame Reagan for something similar.
No, that's my response to your inability to discern reality from your
wishlist.
Well, there you go projecting again...
for them, it's failing.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-06-15 02:09:05 UTC
but that was during the Cold War.
There never was a 'cold war'.... that was propaganda. Once Kennedy
stopped Soviet military aid to Cuba, any semblance of conflict was ended.
David Johnston
2006-06-15 03:16:27 UTC
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 02:09:05 GMT, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)"
Post by David Morgan (MAMS)
but that was during the Cold War.
There never was a 'cold war'.... that was propaganda. Once Kennedy
stopped Soviet military aid to Cuba, any semblance of conflict was ended.
I'd say that the hundreds of thousands of American troops in Vietnam
were participating in a semblance of conflict.
Ubiquitous
2006-06-30 19:19:20 UTC
Post by David Morgan (MAMS)
but that was during the Cold War.
There never was a 'cold war'.... that was propaganda. Once Kennedy
stopped Soviet military aid to Cuba, any semblance of conflict was ended.
Wow, you're quite the revisionist, aren't you?
Or this another example of your selective memory at work?
for them, it's failing.
Rich
2006-05-25 12:51:06 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
I can hardly wait for 20 years from now when that inflated figures
(100's of thousands) becomes "millions." B.S. propagandist leftist.
Wacky Liberals, counting Iraqis as people. I mean, come on!
Newport

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Nanette Sherman
2006-05-17 01:06:50 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the White
House media advisor for direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPu19jOcJF4
"The president is rehearsing and the network pool inadvertently went to
the president as he is rehearsing," anchor Wolf Blitzer explained.
FOXNEWS, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and other outlets did not air the rehearsal.
The slip comes just six months after CNN mistakenly placed a bold black
'X' mark over Vice President Cheney's face as he gave a speech.
This is getting to be a regular thing over at CNN. CNN went to President
Bush for his speech...but wait, it wasn't his speech. The president got a
bad cue from the NBC pool cameras. The video they aired was 16 seconds
long...just enough to embarrass George W. Bush. CNN called it a mistake.
Sure it was. Not one other cable or broadcast news channel aired this
false start ... but CNN did. Can you see where this might lead people to
one conclusion: somebody at CNN did it on purpose. Of course, they've done
stuff like this before...remember the black X over Cheney's face during a
speech he gave?

Then again .. it could just be a lack of skill in the control room. Good
help is hard to find these days.
Newport
2006-05-17 22:25:52 UTC
***@cuedspeech.com (Nanette=A0Sherman) Good help is hard to find
these days.
-----------------------------------
With incompetence at the very top.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
JacquesZMonkey
2006-05-24 10:10:54 UTC
That was just from one of his buddies shooting back.
Newport
2006-05-24 11:09:40 UTC
***@aol.com (JacquesZMonkey) That was just from one of his
buddies shooting back.
-------------------------------
Even Dick C.'s *friends* want to shoot him.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-05-26 01:40:21 UTC
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Speaking of which, I see ABC has pulled a "Dan Rather" and fabricated a
story about Danny Hastert being investigated by the FBI wrt Jack Abramoff...
... after the FBI reported he is not under investigation. The things the
liberal media will do to get the spotlight off William Jefferson...
for them, it's failing.
Newport
2006-05-26 05:04:10 UTC
***@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
will do to get the spotlight off William Jefferson...
---------------------------
It's off. Ans what about that phoney "independent" investigation"

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-06-20 00:19:11 UTC
Post by Newport
Post by Ubiquitous
Speaking of which, I see ABC has pulled a "Dan Rather" and fabricated
a story about Danny Hastert being investigated by the FBI wrt Jack
Abramoff... after the FBI reported he is not under investigation. The
things the liberal media will do to get the spotlight off William
Jefferson...
It's off. Ans what about that phoney "independent" investigation"
Bitter about there not being any "Fitzmas"? My, how quickly your opinion
of that investigation changed!
for them, it's failing.
2006-05-30 16:09:08 UTC
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Mustn't let the public see the golem being programmed. It's not polite.
Certainly nothing they need to know. Nothing to see here, go about your
business, folks.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-05-30 19:33:10 UTC
Post by z
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the White
House media advisor for direction.
Then again .. it could just be a lack of skill in the control room. Good
help is hard to find these days.
Mustn't let the public see the golem being programmed. It's not polite.
An idiot is an idiot, is an idiot, is an idiot. it reminds me of his 'slip'
in Florida after 911 when he told a group that he'd seen the *first*
impact on the WTC in New York. That one still has people asking
questions.

http://www.vestigialconscience.com/WellJordan.mp3

Sadly, it reads like this: (Listen and read simultaneously... it's a great laugh).

"Well Jordan you not gon'bleeve where what state I was in when I
heard about the terrrrist attack. I was in Florida. And uhh.. my Chief
of Staff, Andy Card...

"Wl'actually I was in a classroom... talkin' about a reading program,
THAT WORKS!"

"And uh... it uhhh... I had, was sittin' outside, uh, the, the classroom waiting to
go in.., and I saw an airplane hit the tower... of an, of a T, ya' know the TV was
obviously on, and I... I'm used to fly myself and I said, ...well there's one terrible
pilot. And uhh, it said it musta' been a, an horrible accident. But I was whisked
off there n'didn't have much time ta' think about it an I was sitting in the classroom
and Andy Card my Chief Of Staff who's sitting over here walked in and said,
'A second plane has hit the tower America is under attack.' "
2006-05-31 18:33:28 UTC
Post by David Morgan (MAMS)
Post by z
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Blast from the past:

What is Korsakoff's syndrome?
Korsakoff's syndrome is a brain disorder that is usually associated
with heavy drinking over a long period. Although it is not strictly
speaking a dementia, people with the condition experience loss of
memory.

Who is affected?
Those affected tend to be men between the ages of 45 and 65 with a
history of alcohol abuse, though it is possible to have Korsakoff's at
an older or a younger age.

What are the symptoms?
The main symptom is memory loss, particularly of events arising after
the onset of the condition. Sometimes, memories of the more distant
past can also be affected. Other symptoms may include:
Difficulty in acquiring new information or learning new skills.
Lack of insight into the condition. Even a person with great gaps in
their memory may believe their memory is functioning normally.
Inventing events to fill the gaps in memory. This is known as
'confabulation'.
Apathy, in some cases, or talkative and repetitive behavior in others.

Treatment
The progress of Korsakoff's can be completely halted if the person
completely abstains from alcohol and adopts a healthy diet with vitamin
supplements. But improvement in memory function is slow and, usually,
incomplete.

Consider Bush's first visit to Ground Zero on Sept. 14, 2001, a story
he repeats so frequently it ought to be rote by now. Bush says the
experience remains "so vivid" in his memory that it "might as well have
happened yesterday."

When Bush first started telling the Ground Zero story in February, he
said he remembered walking through the ruins and seeing "a guy pointing
at me and saying, 'Don't let me down.'"

By March, Bush had the "guy" saying, "'Mr. President, never let me
down."

One morning in May, Bush said: "I clearly remember a guy in a hard hat"
who said, "'Don't let me down.'"

Later that same day, Bush said: "I'll never forget the firefighter that
pointed at me and said, 'Don't let me down.'"

By June, the "guy" had become a whole group of "tired firefighters and
police and rescue workers" who said, "'Don't let us down.'"

By July, the "guy" was just a guy again, but Bush couldn't remember
which kind: "I remember a fireman or a policeman, I can't remember
which one, looking me in the eyes and saying, 'Do not let me down.'"

At about the same time, the guy -- whoever he was -- started getting
physical. No longer did he merely point at the passing president; he
"grabbed me by the arm," Bush said.

One morning in July, Bush said the grabber "was a policeman or a
fireman, I don't know which one, but he had tears in his eyes."

By that afternoon, the guy had become a "firefighter" again, with
"bloodshot eyes and sweat pouring."

In early August, Bush said: "I don't know if he was a firefighter or a
policeman -- I do know that he was looking through the rubble for one
of his buddies."

A week after that, Bush said the guy had been searching for "a loved
one."

One day later, he had been searching for "somebody that he worked
with."

And the day after that, he was searching for a "buddy" again, but this
time he said: "Mr. President, do not let me down."

Two weeks later, Bush had him saying, "You don't let me down."

And on Sept. 14, 2004, "I remember a guy grabbed me the arm, a big old
burly firefighter, I guess he was a firefighter, he said: 'Do not let
me down.'"

It was, the president said, "a day I'll never forget."

Or:
"THE PRESIDENT: 'Thank you, Jordan. Well, Jordan, you're not going to
believe what state I was in when I heard about the terrorist attack. I
was in Florida. And my Chief of Staff, Andy Card -- actually, I was in
a classroom talking about a reading program that works. I was sitting
outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the
tower -- the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly, myself, and I
said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a
horrible accident.'"
-White House Press Release
President Meets with Displaced Workers in Town Hall Meeting
Remarks by the President in Town Hall Meeting
Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, Florida December 4, 2001

But he couldn't have seen it; it was not broadcast on TV, because
nobody had any reason to have a TV crew set up at the WTC. There are
only 2 videos of the first plane hitting the WTC.
<http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70910FB3D5F0C748CDDA00894DB404482>
the first was not broadcast until the next day, the second did not
surface until years later when somebody realized what was in the
background of their home video. Furthermore, the timeline of Bush's
school visit shows that he was still en route to the school at 8:46
AM, the time of impact.

Also, notice how Bush starts to mention Andy Card, then drops Card
completely out of the story and changes his story to something
completely different.

On Dec. 20 2001, Bush told The Washington Post a completely different
story, saying that Karl Rove told him about the first plane hitting the
WTC.

But on Jan. 5 2002, Bush was back to telling audiences he saw the first
plane hit the WTC live on TV, before going in to the classroom.

Of course, the footage has since been released of Bush sitting in the
classroom when Andy Card comes in to tell him about the attack. Again,
note how Bush started to refer to Andy Card in his recollection above,
then abruptly dropped Card completely out of the story and goes with
his confabulated tale of seeing it live on TV.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-06-01 13:14:53 UTC
Post by z
Post by David Morgan (MAMS)
Post by z
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Isn't it amazing how 'cleaned up' the official press version is? I'm just
happy that a few places have the original speech archived in audio.
As you know, it reads exactly as I've written it above.
Post by z
But he couldn't have seen it; it was not broadcast on TV, because
nobody had any reason to have a TV crew set up at the WTC. There
are only 2 videos of the first plane hitting the WTC.
I think the point that a lot of conspiracists are holding on to, is that the
president knew full well what was going to happen that day. "America
is under attack," so let's read a book to children and dally around the
countryside exposed to the enemy.
Post by z
Also, notice how Bush starts to mention Andy Card, then drops Card
completely out of the story and changes his story to something
completely different.
Since he was answering a child's question, some think that he could not
resist the childish urge to brag about his insightful foreknowledge. It would
appear that he had a pre-planned speech, or a response being fed to him
by earpiece which he veered away from. As the audio proves, once he
returned to the preplanned speech after stuttering his way through the
verbal blunder, he was able to get through a huge, run-on sentence
without a single stumble.
Post by z
On Dec. 20 2001, Bush told The Washington Post a completely different
story, saying that Karl Rove told him about the first plane hitting the
WTC.
DIS-information is key to confusing an issue and covering up the truth.
Post by z
But on Jan. 5 2002, Bush was back to telling audiences he saw the first
plane hit the WTC live on TV, before going in to the classroom.
Bumbling fool? (I am tending to side with those who believe that he
may have actually seen it).
Post by z
Of course, the footage has since been released of Bush sitting in the
classroom when Andy Card comes in to tell him about the attack. Again,
note how Bush started to refer to Andy Card in his recollection above,
then abruptly dropped Card completely out of the story and goes with
his confabulated tale of seeing it live on TV.
If in fact the government *was* complicit in the events of 911, there
were a large number of possible ways that the president could have
been piped the event... but on a television in the hallways of a school
building is not one of them.
rst
2006-05-26 17:54:04 UTC
This is the best thing right wing buffoons can come up with to "prove"
the media is somehow "liberal".

People like this Ubiquitous person -- who have no idea what really goes
on in a newsroom-- make me laugh.
Newport
2006-05-26 20:43:15 UTC
***@ziplip.com (rst)
People like this Ubiquitous person
-------------------------------
Person or just computer-generated?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-06-08 21:20:35 UTC
Post by rst
This is the best thing right wing buffoons can come up with to "prove"
the media is somehow "liberal".
I hate to break the news to you, but it's already been proven.
Post by rst
People like this Ubiquitous person -- who have no idea what really goes
on in a newsroom-- make me laugh.
I know a lot more about it than you think I do.
for them, it's failing.
David Morgan (MAMS)
2006-06-08 21:35:46 UTC
Sure.... about terrorism no doubt.