[OT] George Floyd Arrest Bodycam Footage Leaked
2020-08-05 01:52:15 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html

I’m not going to turn off my pop-up blocker so the Daily Mail can sell my data to Wall Street,
so if someone can get around it, could you post the entire article here (and hopefully links
to YouTube for the vids)?
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-05 02:00:47 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-sho=
ws-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html
I=E2=80=99m not going to turn off my pop-up blocker so the Daily Mail can s=
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/07/30/4049160131241488932/960x540_MP4_4049160131241488932.mp4
Ed Stasiak
2020-08-05 02:28:37 UTC
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/07/30/4049160131241488932/960x540_MP4_4049160131241488932.mp4
That's a cleaner video then the one I found. Thanks.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-05 03:08:24 UTC
https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2020/07/30/4049160131241488932/960x540_MP4_4049160131241488932.mp4
That's a cleaner video then the one I found. Thanks.
It's the deep link to the video you found.

Ed Stasiak
2020-08-05 02:19:47 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html
“Bodycam footage shows new details of George Floyd’s arrest’

From what I can see, these cops aren’t going to be convicted.
Ubiquitous
2020-08-05 02:29:16 UTC
I’m not going to turn off my pop-up blocker so the Daily Mail can sell my
data to Wall Street, so if someone can get around it, could you post the
entire article here?
The article in the Daily Wire is better, but here it is:

Bodycam footage from two cops accused in the murder of George Floyd is
revealed exclusively by DailyMail.com today — and it shows a rookie officer
terrifying Floyd by pointing a handgun at his head and another callously
picking a pebble from the squad car tire just inches from the dying man and
seconds before he draws his last breath.

The tapes show in minute detail how a very distressed Floyd begs 'Mr.
Officer, please don't shoot me. Please man,' before the struggle that ended
with his death on May 25.

It also shows how belligerent cops cursed at and manhandled the sobbing
suspect, ignoring his pleas for compassion.

Floyd resisted as the cops tried to force him into the back of the car,
telling them he suffers from claustrophobia and anxiety and how Officer Derek
Chauvin knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes, leading to his death,
ignoring Floyd’s repeated cries of ‘I can’t breathe.’

Floyd is even heard predicting his own death. 'I'll probably just die this
way,' he says.

Transcripts from the videos were released in mid-July but a judge in
Minneapolis had ruled the video could only be viewed in the courthouse,
meaning few people have had the chance to watch the powerful images.

But the footage has now been leaked to DailyMail.com so the world can finally
see the tragedy of Floyd’s last minutes as the cops were mindless of Floyd’s
anguish.

The footage includes more than 18 minutes from Officer Alex Kueng's bodycam
and 10 minutes from Officer Thomas Lane. They were the first two cops to
arrive on the scene after a complaint that Floyd had attempted to pass a fake
$20 bill to buy cigarettes at Cup Foods, a store in the Powderhorn Park
section of Minneapolis.

Chauvin and a fourth officer, Tou Thao, were called in to assist. All four
were fired the day after Floyd's death.

Chauvin, 44, has been charged with Floyd's murder and the other three face
charges of aiding and abetting murder. The events have led to months of Black
Lives Matter protests throughout the country over police racism and
brutality.

Floyd was arrested on Memorial Day after allegedly passing a fake $20 bill
while buying cigarettes at Cup Foods, a store in the Powderhorn Park section
of Minneapolis +22
Floyd was arrested on Memorial Day after allegedly passing a fake $20 bill
while buying cigarettes at Cup Foods, a store in the Powderhorn Park section
of Minneapolis

The two officers' bodycam videos have been filed with Hennepin County
District Court by Lane's defense attorney.

It is clear from the video that Floyd was not trying to run away - he had
plenty of time to leave the scene before police arrived. But instead he
decided to sit in his car with two friends, giving the cops the opportunity
to approach.

The videos begin with Lane, 37, and Kueng, 26 — both in their first week as
Minneapolis police officers — entering Cup Foods. A staff member rushes up to
them waving the banknote. 'Before they drive off. He's parked right here.
It's a fake bill from the gentleman,' he tells the cops.

Lane and Kueng then both approach Floyd's blue Mercedes SUV on the other side
of the street. Lane goes to the driver's side where Floyd is sitting at the
wheel and Kueng approaches the passenger side, where Floyd's ex, Shawanda
Hill is in the back seat and a friend, Maurice Hall, is in the front.

Lane is seen knocking on the car window with his flashlight, but Floyd does
not immediately open the door. Once the door is open, Lane immediately pulls
out his handgun and points it straight at Floyd's head.

'Hey man, I'm sorry,' Floyd says and apologizes again before Lane gets
belligerent.

'Put your f***ing hands up right now! Let me see your other hand,' the cop is
heard saying.

Floyd does not immediately put his hands on the wheel. 'Put your f***ing hand
up there,' Lane orders him. 'Jesus Christ, keep your f**king hands on the
wheel.'

Floyd tells the officer he had been shot before, and Lane replies: 'Keep your
f***ing hands on the wheel.'

Lane then tells Floyd to put his foot inside the vehicle. 'I'm sorry, I'm so
sorry,' Floyd replies. 'God dang man. Man, I got shot the same way, Mr.
Officer, before.'

'Okay. Well when I say ''Let me see your hands,'' you put your f***ing hands
up,' Lane responds.

The cop then orders Floyd out of the car. 'Hands on top of your head. Step
out of the vehicle and step away from me,' he says.

Floyd replies: 'Okay. Mr. Officer, please don't shoot me. Please man.'

'I'm not going to shoot you,' Lane says. 'Step out and face away.

'I'll look at you eye-to-eye. Please don't shoot me man,' Floyd replies. 'I
just lost my mom, man.'

Floyd, 46, is seen sobbing as Kueng and Lane pull him out of the car and
handcuff him.

After getting Floyd out of the car, Lane then starts talking to the
passengers, Hill and Hall. 'Why's he being all squirrelly and not showing us
his hands and just being all weird like that?' Lane asks.

'Because he's been shot before,' Hill, 45, replies.

'Well I get that,' Lane says. 'But still, when officers say: ''Get out of the
car...''

'Is he drunk or something?'

'No, he's got a thing going on,' Hill says, pointing to her head and making a
circular movement with her finger as if to suggest her ex had mental
problems. 'About the police,' she adds.
“Bodycam footage shows new details of George Floyd’s arrest’
http://youtu.be/QnLnR0XtLIM
From what I can see, these cops aren’t going to be convicted.
You aren't suggesting that the prosecuter purposely overshot the
charges, knowing he wouldn't get convicted and would set off all
sorts of riots, are you?

--
"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock
market. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It
the Obama high mark."
Rhino
2020-08-05 02:24:04 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8576371/Police-bodycam-footage-shows-moment-moment-arrest-George-Floyd-time.html
I’m not going to turn off my pop-up blocker so the Daily Mail can sell my data to Wall Street,
so if someone can get around it, could you post the entire article here (and hopefully links
to YouTube for the vids)?
Sorry, Ed, it's a REALLY long article with lots of stills and videos and
none of the videos seem to link to YouTube.
2020-08-05 02:33:17 UTC
Sorry, Ed, it's a REALLY long article with lots of stills and videos and
none of the videos seem to link to YouTube.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/george-floyd-body-cam-footage-is-out

Two months after footage of George Floyd’s death went viral, sparking an
epidemic of rioting and violence that killed dozens of people and caused
untold damage to countless communities across the country, body cam footage
of the incident has finally been made available. Published by the Daily Mail
after being leaked to the outlet, the additional video (below) lends crucial
context to the fatal encounter between Floyd and Officer Derek Chauvin, and
gives insight into the states of mind of both men.

Given that this tragic episode and the reaction to it has been the most
significant story in the country for two months, and one of the most
significant of the past decade, you might think that the media would treat
the new evidence as a rather big story. But so far the opposite has been the
case. The news media, for the most part, has had a noticeably muted reaction
to the footage. One might say suspiciously muted. Perhaps that’s because the
story the new footage tells is, at the very least, far more complicated than
the one the media and activists have been screaming into our ears since May.
That story, with which we are all extremely familiar, is that George Floyd
was a compliant and peaceful man who was strangled to death by a racist,
anti-black, sociopathic cop. It was straightforward, we were told. Quite
literally black and white. And the only opinion one can really have about it
is the kind of opinion that is easily expressed on a protest sign.

Of course we’ve known from the beginning that some of this was, to put it
gently, not quite accurate. However Floyd was or wasn’t acting on the day of
his death, it strains credulity to use a word like “peaceful” to describe a
man who once forced his way into a woman’s home and robbed her at gunpoint in
front of her child. As for the racism claim, there was perhaps no evidence to
disprove it, but neither was any evidence ever presented to support it. It is
merely assumed that any white police officer who kills a black suspect no
matter the circumstances is motivated, at some level, by racism. Some of them
may be so motivated, but the burden of proof is on those who make the claim.
Yet those who make the claim rarely acknowledge that there is any burden to
meet, much less make any honest attempt to meet it.

Also, anyone following the story has known for sometime that, according to
the medical examiner’s report, Floyd was not strangled to death and did not
die from asphyxiation as the media had so confidently declared in the
immediate aftermath. It was found that Floyd — who had a pre-existing heart
condition and three illicit drugs in his system, including fentanyl, which is
50 times more potent than morphine and known to cause respiratory distress —
died of “cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual,
restrain, and neck compression.” A medical examination performed by an
examiner hired by Floyd’s family contradicted those findings, claiming that
Floyd did in fact die of asphyxiation.

That was the status of things prior to this week’s developments: we had a
disturbing video without prior context, a bunch of assumptions, and not much
more. And those assumptions were considered reason enough to burn our cities.
The new footage does not necessarily clarify things — in fact, it does the
opposite, adding complications and nuances to an issue that was once assumed
to be utterly straightforward.

The body cameras worn by officers Alex Kueng and Thomas Lane, the first two
cops on the scene, show Floyd agitated and uncooperative from the first
moment that officers arrive in response to a call from a business owner who
accused Floyd of trying to pass off counterfeit bills. Floyd is in his car
when law enforcement first shows up. One of the officers draws his weapon
because Floyd is initially hesitant to show his hands. Once Floyd places his
hands on his head, the gun is holstered. After much coaxing, he is eventually
removed from his car and taken over to the police cruiser.

Floyd appears to have trouble walking on his way over to the police car. He
shouts “ow” and seems to be in pain even though he is only being grabbed by
the arm. Once at the vehicle, he repeatedly refuses to get inside, saying
that he’s “claustrophobic,” though he’d just been sitting in his own car
without any apparent difficulty (on the contrary he was extremely reluctant
to get out of his own vehicle). At one point, as officers try to convince him
to get in the car, Floyd says he’d rather lay on the ground. He also says
several times that he’s “going to die” and that he can’t breathe — all before
he was on the ground. He ends up on the ground because he either falls or
pushes himself out of the other side of the police cruiser as officers
struggle to get him inside. From that point, the scene unfolds as we all saw
on the initial video two months ago.

As previously stated, none of this conclusively exonerates the officers of
any and all wrongdoing, but it does establish a few facts that might mitigate
their culpability:

1. George Floyd was not fully cooperative and clearly intoxicated.

2. The officers were calm and reasonable for most of the interaction.

3. George Floyd claimed that he couldn’t breathe and was going to die well
before he had a knee on his neck.

4. The officers never did or said a single thing that any reasonable person
could construe as racist.

Point three in particular warrants further consideration. Floyd said he was
too claustrophobic to get in the police car and that he might die and
couldn’t breathe, even though he’d just been sitting in a car. He was
screaming out in pain even though the officers at that point weren’t doing
anything that could have caused him physical harm. We should note that he
also said his mom just died even though she’d been dead for two years. The
officers wouldn’t have known that latter detail, but the point is that cops
hear nonsense like this from suspects all day, every day. This can create a
“boy who cried wolf” situation where it’s harder to tell when a suspect is
actually in distress. When Floyd was on the ground saying he was going to
die, it was no different from what he was saying while he was standing, or
what he was saying in the car. These facts may not be exculpatory but they
certainly are relevant.

The narrative, as it was originally presented, does not take any of these
details into account. It demands that we see the event as nothing more or
less than a wanton act of random cruelty, with nothing precipitating it and
with not even an ounce of blame or responsibility to be shared by Floyd
himself. In reality, Floyd may still be the victim of some degree of
negligence, but it seems that the murder charge will be difficult to prove.
The truth just isn’t that simple. It rarely is. And that’s a lesson we would
all do well to remember for the future.