High School Cancels 9-11 Red-White-Blue Theme Day; Worried About Offending Terrorists
2021-09-13 16:31:52 UTC
School apparatchiks worry that an American Salute Honoring 9-11 Victims them
could "offend those who see 9-11 differently".

Why do we continue to put up with these people?

PARENT: "I would argue that many more people are offended by the decision t
ban the theme of wearing red white and blue. If there is one thing that ha
the potential to unite us all, it's that we are Americans."

That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more an
more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and th
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them from bein
offended at all costs.

---------------------------------

Students were ready to wear red, white, and blue colors to honor the live
lost on September 11, but school staff pulled the plug, concerned th
expression could be racially insensitive and offend some people.

At Eastlake High School in Sammamish, student leadership promoted a Patriot'
Day theme at a football game at Memorial Stadium against Rainier Beach. Th
game was previously canceled, then rescheduled to the day before the 20t
anniversary of the terrorist attacks. Students wanted to do something t
remember the tragic events, but staff intervened.

According to an email obtained by the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH, the principa
said wearing those colors could "unintentionally cause offense to some who se
it differently". Students are upset and some parents now speculate schoo
officials thought their majority-minority opponents would be offended b
American pride.

Eastlake High School students were not yet born when terrorists brought dow
the World Trade Center in New York City, attacked the Pentagon, and brough
down United Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. But their lives-- and th
lives of every American-- were changed forever. Having a sense of histor
sometimes lost on young Americans, there was a student-led movement to hono
those lost during the worst terrorist attack in history. Students would sho
their pride wearing red, white, and blue clothing, but the themed event wa
canceled by Eastlake staff at the last minute. Students learned of th
decision Friday morning during announcements.

"At this point, I was fairly upset and confused as to why the theme wa
changed so I went around asking students in our leadership," one student tol
the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH. "They had explained that red white and blue wa
going to be seen as racially insensitive and may affect people in a way tha
we will not understand and for that reason that we were to change our theme."

One mother emailed Principal Chris Bede to ask what happened. She was shocke
by the response.

"Our leadership teachers made this decision and explained it to students,
Bede wrote. "I know tomorrow is 9/11 and understand the sacrifice and value
our flag represents, but I think they just did not want to unintentionall
cause offense to some who see it differently."

Associate Principal Darcie Breynaert shared the same statement with anothe
parent who demanded an explanation. Neither Principal Bede nor distric
communications director Shannon Parthemer explain who would take offense o
why wearing red, white, and blue would be offensive to begin with. No on
would say. But to some, the implication is that either the Rainier Beach H
team or their fans wouldn't have context as to why the colors were worn. Tha
could somehow offend them.

"Since it was not a home game, there was no opportunity to have a
announcement about Patriot's Day and to share why students were dressed i
red, white and blue," Parthemer explained in a statement to the Jason Rant
Show on KTTH.

There were, of course, plenty of opportunities to make announcements. The
could have informed the school ahead of the game or made an announcement a
the stadium. According to a photo shared with the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH
the Rainier Beach team didn't have many fans in the stands anyway.

Parthemer tells the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH that there is no implicatio
toward the opposing team. She points to one unnamed staff member a
responsible for the decision to cancel the theme. "We have followed up with
the staff member on decision making processes," Parthemer said. She did not,
however, detail why the decision was upheld. Indeed, both the principal and
associate principal used the same coordinated language to explain the decision
before the game took even took place.

Emails reviewed by the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH show Bede seemingly taken by
surprise by the decision to cancel the theme. It was made by a different
staffer. But the announcement went to students Friday morning.

"I understand your perspective and was not looped into this conversation until
an hour ago," he tells a parent. "I do want to clarify that schools do not
have a right to ban students from wearing anything as long as it is not lewd,
vulgar, etc, and the theme of red white and blue definitely would not fit into
that category." In other words, it's the school's theme that was canceled.
Students could wear what they want if they so chose.

Eastlake students were not pleased and let various staff members know it.
Several students reached out to the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH. Ryan Ware is the
Eastlake senior class president and member of the football team. He said
students were eager to wear the red white and blue clothes and were
disappointed by the school administration's decision.

"We disagreed and were extremely disappointed. I couldn't believe their
reasoning," Ware explained to the Jason Rantz Show on KTTH. One other student
noted the hypocrisy on display. The school is about inclusivity-- just not
when it comes to representing the country?

"I was instantly upset and frustrated," one student emailed. "If Eastlake is
all about including everyone's beliefs and being together as a 'family', then
why are we being told we can't represent the country we live in? I have seen
other LWSD [Lake Washington School District] football teams that held a flag
or did some sort of memorial recognition towards 9/11, but apparently we
weren't allowed to even wear USA colors."

Another student told me he was eager to participate and show his pride in this
country and pay his respects but when he learned of the decision, he stayed
home. "I was fairly upset and ended up not attending the game... [it] was
really kind of [confusing] as to why the topic was so controversial that we
couldn't wear that clothing," the student said.

The parent sharing her exchange with Principal Bede told me she was "stunned"
by the decision. "There is always the potential that someone may be offended
by something but this decision baffles me," she wrote. "I would argue that
many more people are offended by the decision to ban the theme of wearing red
white and blue. If there is one thing that has the potential to unite us all,
it's that we are Americans."

That mother is not alone. On a Facebook page for Eastlake HS parents, several
expressed outrage and concern over the move. Some speculated over the intent.
"The leadership and equity team decided that since it was against a
predominantly black team they did not want to 'unintentionally cause offense
to some who see (our flag) differently,'" one parent speculated.

Another parent responded to the speculation, calling out the school's possible
motive. "Sounds presumptive and condescending to me-- in fact, probably
racist."

https://mynorthwest.com/3141211/rantz-high-school-cancels-9-11-tribute-says-it-could-offend-some-students/
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-13 23:46:03 UTC
School apparatchiks worry that an American Salute Honoring 9-11 Victims theme
could "offend those who see 9-11 differently".
Why do we continue to put up with these people?
PARENT: "I would argue that many more people are offended by the decision to
ban the theme of wearing red white and blue. If there is one thing that has
the potential to unite us all, it's that we are Americans."
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and
more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them from being
offended at all costs.
I don't get it. Why would anyone immigrate who doesn't want to be an American?

My ancestors emigrated from their shithole country annexed and ruined
by Russia and immigrated into the United States. They truly wished to be
Americans.
BTR1701
2021-09-14 00:15:15 UTC
School apparatchiks worry that an American Salute Honoring 9-11 Victims theme
could "offend those who see 9-11 differently".
Why do we continue to put up with these people?
PARENT: "I would argue that many more people are offended by the decision to
ban the theme of wearing red white and blue. If there is one thing that has
the potential to unite us all, it's that we are Americans."
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and
more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them from being
offended at all costs.
I don't get it. Why would anyone immigrate who doesn't want to be a
American?
You should drive around East L.A. You won't see an American flag anywhere. Yo
will, however, see the Mexican flag flying from almost every porch and painte
on the backs of most of the cars. They don't want to be Americans. They jus
come here for the money they can make and send back to Mexico. If they coul
make it there, they'd never leave. But they don't have any love for thi
country, its culture, or its people. Being here is purely transactional fo
them.
Americans.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-14 00:20:08 UTC
School apparatchiks worry that an American Salute Honoring 9-11 Victims
theme could "offend those who see 9-11 differently".
Why do we continue to put up with these people?
PARENT: "I would argue that many more people are offended by the decision to
ban the theme of wearing red white and blue. If there is one thing that has
the potential to unite us all, it's that we are Americans."
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and
more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them from being
offended at all costs.
I don't get it. Why would anyone immigrate who doesn't want to be an American?
You should drive around East L.A. You won't see an American flag anywhere. You
will, however, see the Mexican flag flying from almost every porch and painted
on the backs of most of the cars. They don't want to be Americans. They just
come here for the money they can make and send back to Mexico. If they could
make it there, they'd never leave. But they don't have any love for this
country, its culture, or its people. Being here is purely transactional for
them.
No one is obliged to be a rah rah rah American if he doesn't wish to be,
but if one comes here to work, unable to live in one's home country, then
one can stop whining about having to see symbols of America, like its flag.

Poor babies. My heart bleeds.
Americans.
suzeeq
2021-09-14 00:34:46 UTC
[...]
He didn't say that they did, and probably has no clue if they do or not.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Poor babies. My heart bleeds.
Americans.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-14 14:38:21 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Poor babies. My heart bleeds.
My ancestors emigrated from their shithole country annexed and ruined
by Russia and immigrated into the United States. They truly wished to be
Americans.
huge whoosh

Uh, suzeeq, the article BTR1701 had quoted (that I didn't bother to quote)
did indeed say that the school board presumed exactly that. Although one
parent assumed the school board had presumed that all black kids find
symbols of America offensive, which is why the theme was disallowed.

Students were ready to wear red, white, and blue colors to honor
the lives lost on September 11, but school staff pulled the
plug, concerned the expression could be racially insensitive and
offend some people. . . .

The Horny Goat
2021-09-15 00:01:57 UTC
On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 14:38:21 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by BTR1701
"I was instantly upset and frustrated," one student emailed. "If
Eastlake is all about including everyone's beliefs and being
together as a 'family', then why are we being told we can't
represent the country we live in? I have seen other LWSD [Lake
Washington School District] football teams that held a flag or
did some sort of memorial recognition towards 9/11, but
apparently we weren't allowed to even wear USA colors." . . .
Wait a minute - you can carry a flag but not wear the colors?!?

Could be worse - I remember a few years back when National Geographic
gave me a 'thank you' for renewing my subscription - an American flag.

Which given I am both a Canadian and live there I thought a bit
strange. But I knew my uncle was visiting us from Colorado in 3-4
months so when he came I re-gifted the flag. (He also thought the
story strange but he received it was thanks - both his sons were
ex-USAF) It was a perfectly good flag - just not the one I fly off my
sundeck on July 1st each year...
trotsky
Have you spoken to a lot of Mexicans about this or are you lying as usual?
The Horny Goat
2021-09-14 09:15:51 UTC
That mother is not alone. On a Facebook page for Eastlake HS parents, several
expressed outrage and concern over the move. Some speculated over the intent.
"The leadership and equity team decided that since it was against a
predominantly black team they did not want to 'unintentionally cause offense
to some who see (our flag) differently,'" one parent speculated.
Another parent responded to the speculation, calling out the school's possible
motive. "Sounds presumptive and condescending to me-- in fact, probably
racist."
So their presumption was that black Americans are less attached to the
Stars and Stripes than others?

Uh are you kidding me? If so it's not very funny at all.

(And please remember I am NOT an American but from a country where red
white and blue are NOT the national colors - with the greatest of
respect if 9/11 isn't one of America's most sacred days with the
_possible_ exception of 07/04 what is? I mean if I of all people "get"
that why should not the "teaching staff")

Bottom line is that Americans have no obligation to cater to those who
might "see their flag differently" - I love my country but I respect
the United States and if some visitor DOESN'T feel respect is due the
USA why do they visit?

My attitude is that if you can't or won't be civil when visiting me on
my home turf stay away.
Ubiquitous
2021-09-14 11:10:10 UTC
School apparatchiks worry that an American Salute Honoring 9-11 Victims
theme could "offend those who see 9-11 differently".
Why do we continue to put up with these people?
PARENT: "I would argue that many more people are offended by the decision to
ban the theme of wearing red white and blue. If there is one thing that has
the potential to unite us all, it's that we are Americans."
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and
more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them from being
offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*

Trump won.
The Horny Goat
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Ubiquitous
2021-09-15 08:34:24 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!

Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.

Trump won.
A Friend
2021-09-15 11:23:33 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?

We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
Ubiquitous
2021-09-15 11:49:22 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep
them from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
A Friend
That's fucking enough out of you.
moviePig
2021-09-15 14:36:49 UTC
[...]
What? ...you don't appreciate the rich humor and devastating insight of
a Troll-O-Meter? Do you realize how long it takes him to type one in?
The Horny Goat
2021-09-15 22:55:49 UTC
What? ...you don't appreciate the rich humor and devastating insight of
a Troll-O-Meter? Do you realize how long it takes him to type one in?
One would imagine the Trollometer is saved as a text file on
somebody's machine and copied and pasted as a signature wherever it's
thought to be needed. A fair bit of work the first time in other words
but not since.

I also can go ctrl-A, ctrl-C and ctrl-V (aka "select all', 'copy',
'paste') like a champion and have never thought it to be a difficult
skill.
A Friend
I think pig was committing sarcasm, Sheldon.
moviePig
2021-09-16 02:36:54 UTC
What? ...you don't appreciate the rich humor and devastating insight of
a Troll-O-Meter? Do you realize how long it takes him to type one in?
One would imagine the Trollometer is saved as a text file on
somebody's machine and copied and pasted as a signature wherever it's
thought to be needed. A fair bit of work the first time in other words
but not since.
I think pig was committing sarcasm, Sheldon.
Moi?

(My informal rule is that, if a joke isn't gotten, at least half the
responsibility falls on the teller.)
suzeeq
2021-09-15 15:18:40 UTC
[...]
I kill filed him months ago. Not for the troll-o-meter, but for his
trollish posts.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-15 16:41:49 UTC
[...]
There never was anything more to Ubi than this. He doesn't believe
anyone else should express an opinion he doesn't agree with.

Ubi is never going to stop redirecting followups and quoting selectively
and just plain trolling about nearly everything. Just accept Ubi for
what he is.
A Friend
2021-09-15 17:27:10 UTC
[...]
I don't have to accept him. This crossed the line. I'm completely
ignoring him from here on out.
Adam H. Kerman
I meant, accept that there's nothing more to Ubi than his antics.
anim8rfsk
2021-09-16 02:40:21 UTC
[...]
I think Ubi is fabulous.

The rest of us think he's kind of a jerk....
Adam H. Kerman
anim also thinks Ian's lists are fabulous.
Ubiquitous

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-09-16 08:30:45 UTC
[...]
Ever notice that those with the least to say get the most upset?

Nice strawman, BTW...

[Kerman's incorrect formatting corrected.]

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-09-16 08:30:44 UTC
[...]
You're the one making the ridiclous baseless partisian assertions.

Trump won.
super70s
2021-09-15 14:07:09 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
He's a patriot but he could have shown his patriotism at the
impeachment hearing and not just to Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.
Ubiquitous

* * *damned for all eternity
suzeeq
Did he give testimony there?
moviePig
2021-09-15 15:49:40 UTC
[...]
Doing so would hand talking-points to GOP apologists. If his actions
were truly out of concern, he should leave them to be seen as such.
BTR1701
2021-09-15 16:33:42 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
According to the reports, even Milley admitted he knew what he was doing
could be construed as treason but he did it anyway.
suzeeq
2021-09-15 17:15:02 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
According to the reports, even Milley admitted he knew what he was doing
could be construed as treason but he did it anyway.
For the good of the country. What they feared Trump would do wasn't for
the good of the country.
BTR1701
2021-09-15 17:46:39 UTC
Post by suzeeq
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep
them from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
According to the reports, even Milley admitted he knew what he was doing
could be construed as treason but he did it anyway.
For the good of the country.
Well, a 'true patriot' would have subsequently resigned and submitted
himself for court martial if he did something highly illegal but felt it
was required for the greater good. You do what's necessary, then accept
the consequences.

Hell, even the writers of STAR TREK understand this principle.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-15 18:51:28 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Burt Lancaster thought what he was doing was for the good of the
country, too, in Seven Days in May, to carry on a theme.
A Friend
2021-09-15 19:13:13 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Seven Days in May is outdated fiction about a domestic coup attempt.
Gen. Milley was reassuring a real-world apprehensive rival via
backchannel that Trump wouldn't be allowed to do anything stupid on his
way out the door, so just keep calm.

Some here might have preferred a Chinese feint, with the resulting loss
of peace, lives and property, but what we had was a general who knew
how to talk with credibility to his foreign peers. No one trusted
Trump, but they trusted Gen. Milley.

Not one shot fired, not one life lost. That must have been
disappointing for some.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-15 19:28:11 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Fredric March wanted to sign a disarmament treaty with the Rooskies. To
prevent a nuclear drawdown, Lancaster wanted to pull the coup and start
a war with them.

It's not a perfect analogy, no, but that's the movie that came to mind.
Post by A Friend
Gen. Milley was reassuring a real-world apprehensive rival via
backchannel that Trump wouldn't be allowed to do anything stupid on his
way out the door, so just keep calm.
I'm just not seeing a scenario in which Trump would have acted without
having tweeted about it.
Post by A Friend
Some here might have preferred a Chinese feint, with the resulting loss
of peace, lives and property, but what we had was a general who knew
how to talk with credibility to his foreign peers. No one trusted
Trump, but they trusted Gen. Milley.
I get that, yes.
Post by A Friend
Not one shot fired, not one life lost. That must have been
disappointing for some.
Bush surrounded himself with Neocons who wanted a reason to have a war
with Iran, and actually did get us into two wars. This crap has happened
in previous administrations. This is just the one thing I wouldn't have
expected of Trump.
A Friend
2021-09-15 19:49:43 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
I read the book a very long time ago, but IIRC the movie stuck pretty
close to it. My recollection is that Lancaster thought the Soviets
would break the treaty at the first opportunity, and in fact President
Lyman finds out that they were already breaking the treaty even as it
was about to be signed. I think Lancaster was afraid a war would start
because the Soviets would be emboldened by the treaty; I don't remember
Lancaster actually wanting to start a war, but Lyman asks him what he
thinks the Soviet reaction might be if there were a coup.
Post by A Friend
Not one shot fired, not one life lost. That must have been
disappointing for some.
Bush surrounded himself with Neocons who wanted a reason to have a war
with Iran, and actually did get us into two wars. This crap has happened
in previous administrations. This is just the one thing I wouldn't have
expected of Trump.
I don't know what China might have expected of Trump, but Gen. Milley
was there to reassure them. They trusted him. That's a win. The
Chinese -- hell, everybody -- knew Trump was unstable and could be
dangerous.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-15 21:14:42 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Fair enough. I haven't seen it in a while. I believe I read the novel
when I was a kid.
Post by A Friend
Not one shot fired, not one life lost. That must have been
disappointing for some.
Bush surrounded himself with Neocons who wanted a reason to have a war
with Iran, and actually did get us into two wars. This crap has happened
in previous administrations. This is just the one thing I wouldn't have
expected of Trump.
I don't know what China might have expected of Trump, but Gen. Milley
was there to reassure them. They trusted him. That's a win. The
Chinese -- hell, everybody -- knew Trump was unstable and could be
dangerous.
Given a choice of a dangerously unstable man as president who was
unlikely to start a war versus a man who started two... Oh, wait. That
one's not actually a choice. We got both.

I wanna know where the patriotic generals were opposing GW Bush.
moviePig
I demand a recount...
trotsky
2021-09-15 20:23:39 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
I demand a reevaluation, this was clearly a shot across the bow on the
incompetence of Trump as a person and a leader.
Micky DuPree
2021-09-20 14:30:04 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
The analogy isn't perfect, but I thought of Vasily Arkhipov, the Soviet
naval officer who vetoed the idea of firing a nuke during the Cuban
Missile Crisis.

-Micky
trotsky
Which "reports" are those? I could use the laugh.
moviePig
2021-09-15 18:40:56 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
According to the reports, even Milley admitted he knew what he was doing
could be construed as treason but he did it anyway.
Construed? By someone, somewhere? How thoroughly modern of Milley...

Did he guiltily slink away into hiding? Is he still there?...
Ubiquitous
2021-09-16 08:30:47 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep
them from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
According to the reports, even Milley admitted he knew what he was doing
could be construed as treason but he did it anyway.
I suspect he knew that the liberal media, Democrats, and other never-Trumpers
would rationalize he treasonous behavior. Several people in this thread have
already made my point.

Trump won.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-09-15 18:44:36 UTC
That may be the problem. Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more
and more communities are filling up with people who are *not* Americans
and the bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest terrorist
event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
Not according the Democrats, never-Trumpers, and liberal media!
Milley's actions, however, if true, was a true insurrection.
Truly?
We should be grateful these generals all know each other and can talk
via backchannels in order to keep the lid on. Gen. Milley is a
patriot.
When I heard about this, a Rod Serling movie script Seven Days in May
came to mind. Sorry, but he broke the chain of command and Trump didn't
give any such order.
Micky DuPree
2021-09-20 14:08:07 UTC
Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and more communities
are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Riiiight. "Don't come" is an "open borders policy." Lies just dribble
from your keyboard.
Wait, I thought the January 6th "insurrection" was the largest
terrorist event in American history? *rolls eyes*
Hmm i would have figured that "honor" went to 9-11
I would argue the American Civil War, but not if it has to take place on
a single day.

-Micky
Ubiquitous
2021-09-20 14:55:00 UTC
Post by Micky DuPree
Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and more communities
are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Riiiight. "Don't come" is an "open borders policy."
Said with an obvious wink and a nod, before and after telling people to rush
the boarder.
Post by Micky DuPree
Lies just dribble from your keyboard.
Well, there you go accusing others of what you practice again!

Trump won.
BTR1701
2021-09-20 17:36:17 UTC
Post by Micky DuPree
Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and more communities
are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Riiiight. "Don't come" is an "open borders policy."
A half-hearted "don't come" which might as well have been delivered with
wink and a nod, coupled with the reality of letting those who do come-- with
10% COVID positivity rate, no less-- enter the U.S. without even being given
hearing, and in many cases flying them at *taxpayer expense* wherever the
like in the country, isn't exactly the discourager you pretend it is.
Post by Micky DuPree
Lies just dribble from your keyboard.
Clean up your own keyboard first, DuPree. Especially considering this is ye
another example of you replying to me from behind a killfile.
trotsky
2021-09-20 18:27:33 UTC
Post by Micky DuPree
Thanks to Slow Joe's open borders policy, more and more communities
are filling up with people who are *not* Americans and the
bootlicking functionaries in our public schools want to keep them
from being offended at all costs.
Riiiight. "Don't come" is an "open borders policy."
A half-hearted "don't come" which might as well have been delivered with a
wink and a nod, coupled with the reality of letting those who do come-- with a
10% COVID positivity rate, no less-- enter the U.S. without even being given a
hearing, and in many cases flying them at *taxpayer expense* wherever they
Post by Micky DuPree
Lies just dribble from your keyboard.
Clean up your own keyboard first, DuPree. Especially considering this is yet
another example of you replying to me from behind a killfile.
At least you're not denying being a liar. That's something I guess.