Today's premieres and other notes (Sunday, August 2)
Robin Miller
2020-08-02 20:00:35 UTC
Connected: The Hidden Science of Everything (documentary
miniseries) (3:01 am, Netflix)

Radiolab contributor Latif Nasser hosts a six-part science series about
surprising connections in the worlds of nature and technology.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81031737

Space Launch Live: Splashdown (special) (1 pm, Discovery
Channel/Science Channel)

Love by Accident (movie) (7 pm, UP tv)

While on a road trip to spread her godfather’s ashes, Daphne [Getenesh
Berhe] and her ill godmother Fran [Lanette Ware] get into an accident
forcing them to make an unexpected stop. Wanting to keep Fran off the
road, Daphne enlists Matthew [Henderson Wade], their mechanic, to be her
fake boyfriend. But soon their fake relationship isn’t so fake after
all. [Premiered in Canada in March but may be new to the US.]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11060626/

https://www.uptv.com/movies/love-by-accident/

A Murder to Remember (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Inspired by Ann Rule’s true crime collection Empty Promises. Javier
(Kevin Rodriguez) and Robin Rivera (Maddie Nichols) are celebrating
their one-year anniversary on a camping trip. But when Javier ends up
dead, Robin finds herself alone in the rough wilderness. She accepts
help from another camper, a mysterious stranger named Sam (TC Matherne)
and slowly places her life in his hands. But is Sam there to protect
Robin? Or does she need protecting from him? Carolyn McCormick and
Leslie Hendrix co-star. (2020)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12032280/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/a-murder-to-remember

The Real Housewives of Potomac (season 5 premiere) (8 pm, Bravo)

Fridge Wars [new to US] (8 pm, CW)

Each week two celebrity chefs compete to create amazing dinners using
only ingredients found in refrigerators of ordinary Canadian families,
who will also judge them in the Canadian competitive cooking series.
Premiered in March 2020 in Canada.

Taskmaster [new to US] (9 pm, CW)

The British comedy panel game show [from 2019] hosted by Greg Davies and
Alex Horne features five comedians (Iain Stirling, Joe Thomas, Lou
Sanders, Paul Sinha, and Sian Gibson) who try to complete the tasks
given to them to win the most points and the trophy.

Hiroshima: 75 Years Later (documentary) (9-11 pm, History
Channel)

Elizabeth Smart: Finding Justice (special) (10 pm,
Lifetime Channel)

Candra Torres sits down with fellow kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart to
discuss life in captivity at the hands of a master manipulator and
murderer.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1012178869219869

The Osbournes Want to Believe [new] (10 pm, Travel Channel)

Jack Osbourne is determined to make his parents, Ozzy and Sharon,
full-fledged paranormal believers. They might be known as the first
family of darkness, but when it comes to the paranormal, legendary
rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife, "The Talk" co-host Sharon Osbourne,
are borderline skeptics. Determined to turn them fully to the other
side, Jack reunites with Ozzy and Sharon to share the craziest, most
jaw-dropping videos of supernatural activity ever caught on camera.

I'll Be Gone in the Dark (season 1 finale) (10 pm, HBO)

Outcry (season 1 finale) (10 pm, Showtime)

Tournament of Laughs (season 1 finale) (10 pm, TBS)

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Immigration Nation (documentary series) (3:01 am, Netflix)

This documentary series offers a unique and nuanced view of the ongoing
struggles in America's broken immigration system.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80994107

Invisible Stories [new; complete season 1] (3:01 am, HBO Max)

A compelling six-episode half-hour anthology drama that explores the
triumph and tragedy of migrant workers living in Sungai Merah, one of
Singapore's public housing communities. Each thirty-minute episode dives
into the struggles of an array of characters, ranging from a
construction worker longing to create his own home, to an aspiring
social media influencer willing to capture anything in exchange for
fame, to a spiritualistic cab driver dealing with his own demons, and
more. Equal parts gritty and tender, Invisible Stories dives into the
less glamorous side of Singapore, providing a much-needed voice to the
unsung pillars of the city.

The Fugitive [new; remake] (Quibi)

When a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on,
blue-collar Mike Ferro [Boyd Holbrook, Narcos] just wants to make sure
his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe. But the
faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism
paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was
responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully­and very publicly­accused,
Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator, before
the legendary cop heading the investigation [Kiefer Sutherland] can
apprehend him. Also stars Natalie Martinez, Tiya Sircar, Brian Geraghty,
Genesis Rodriguez Glenn Howerton and Keilani Arellanes.

[RM: Making an exception to my no-Quibi policy for Kiefer Sutherland.]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugitive_(2020_TV_series)

Street Outlaws: Farm Truck and AZN (special) (9-11 pm,
Discovery Channel)

https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/bios/farmtruck

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2020-08-02 20:18:12 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Immigration Nation (documentary series) (3:01 am, Netflix)
This documentary series offers a unique and nuanced view
Oh, I doubt this very much...
Post by Robin Miller
of the ongoing struggles in America's broken immigration system.
The Fugitive [new; remake] (Quibi)
When a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on,
blue-collar Mike Ferro [Boyd Holbrook, Narcos] just wants to make sure
his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe. But the
faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism
paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was
responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully­and very publicly­accused,
Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator,
before the legendary cop heading the investigation [Kiefer Sutherland]
can apprehend him. Also stars Natalie Martinez, Tiya Sircar, Brian
Geraghty, Genesis Rodriguez Glenn Howerton and Keilani Arellanes.
[RM: Making an exception to my no-Quibi policy for Kiefer Sutherland.]
From what I am hearing, this will be Quibi's only chance to make a go
with something - if this series doesn't work for them, I expect they'll
quickly fold up shop...
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
2020-08-02 23:47:15 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
The Fugitive [new; remake] (Quibi)
When a bomb rips through the Los Angeles subway train he’s riding on,
blue-collar Mike Ferro [Boyd Holbrook, Narcos] just wants to make sure
his wife, Allison, and 10-year-old daughter, Pearl, are safe. But the
faulty evidence on the ground and “tweet-now, confirm-later” journalism
paint a nightmarish picture: it looks to all the world that Mike was
responsible for the heinous act. Wrongfully­and very publicly­accused,
Mike must prove his innocence by uncovering the real perpetrator,
before the legendary cop heading the investigation [Kiefer Sutherland]
can apprehend him. Also stars Natalie Martinez, Tiya Sircar, Brian
Geraghty, Genesis Rodriguez Glenn Howerton and Keilani Arellanes.
[RM: Making an exception to my no-Quibi policy for Kiefer Sutherland.]
From what I am hearing, this will be Quibi's only chance to make a go
with something - if this series doesn't work for them, I expect they'll
quickly fold up shop...
Remaking a classic TV show that was just fine ain't the way to do it.

--
Every American should want President Trump and his administration to
handle the coronavirus epidemic effectively and successfully. Those who
demands not only of civic responsibility but of basic decency.
anim8rfsk

<to be filled in at a later date>
anim8rfsk
2020-08-03 03:35:01 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
From what I am hearing, this will be Quibi's only chance to make a go
with something - if this series doesn't work for them, I expect they'll
quickly fold up shop...
Yay!
http://youtu.be/27I3AN0XwP8
Did you see their PRINCESS BRIDE? The villagers need to surround the Quibi
castle with torches and burn it to the ground.
2020-08-03 04:54:47 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
From what I am hearing, this will be Quibi's only chance to make a go
with something - if this series doesn't work for them, I expect they'll
quickly fold up shop...
Yay!
http://youtu.be/27I3AN0XwP8
Did you see their PRINCESS BRIDE? The villagers need to surround the Quibi
castle with torches and burn it to the ground.
I don't do any streaming services, social media or have a "smart" phone.
Given the tiny amount I know about Quibi's product I'm not saying they
don't _deserve_ being mean to, just observing that you're a mean one,
Mr. Grinch!
<to be filled in at a later date>
anim8rfsk
Robin Miller
2020-08-02 20:39:46 UTC
Street Outlaws: Farm Truck and AZN       (special)       (9-11 pm,
Discovery Channel)
https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/bios/farmtruck
Sorry, that's "Farmtruck." One word, he's a person.

--Robin
Ubiquitous
2020-08-02 23:45:58 UTC
Space Launch Live: Splashdown (special) (1 pm, Discovery Channel/Science Channel)
Saw it aboyut five hours ago.
Fridge Wars [new to US] (8 pm, CW)
Each week two celebrity chefs compete to create amazing dinners using
only ingredients found in refrigerators of ordinary Canadian families,
who will also judge them in the Canadian competitive cooking series.
Premiered in March 2020 in Canada.
Just how many things can you make with Molson Beer and Candian bacon?
Hiroshima: 75 Years Later (documentary) (9-11 pm, History Channel)
Might be good, but hard to say, given today's PC sensibiities.
The Osbournes Want to Believe [new] (10 pm, Travel Channel)
Jack Osbourne is determined to make his parents, Ozzy and Sharon,
full-fledged paranormal believers. They might be known as the first
family of darkness, but when it comes to the paranormal, legendary
rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his wife, "The Talk" co-host Sharon Osbourne,
are borderline skeptics. Determined to turn them fully to the other
side, Jack reunites with Ozzy and Sharon to share the craziest, most
jaw-dropping videos of supernatural activity ever caught on camera.
I.E., they found a new way to recycle footage from their existing shows.

anim8rfsk
2020-08-02 23:54:46 UTC
Immigration Nation (documentary series) (3:01 am, Netflix)
This documentary series offers a unique and nuanced view of the ongoing
struggles in America's broken immigration system.
So not a documentary, but a propaganda film. Got it.
http://youtu.be/X_xVKy58Yuw
http://youtu.be/jyyERzQViQU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fugitive_(2020_TV_series)
Street Outlaws: Farm Truck and AZN (special) (9-11 pm,
Discovery Channel)
https://go.discovery.com/tv-shows/street-outlaws/bios/farmtruck
Thanks
--Robin