A post from The Facebook re PICARD
2020-02-14 09:36:16 UTC
Cosmin Ionut ‎to Science Fiction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/9990182714/permalink/10159795113052715/

Imagine being Orla in any of these scenes and having to be all like "damn,
Sir Patrick, you still fuckin' got it, all radiating gravitas with your
feeble old voice and ruined face. I would totally hold a dramatic
conversation with you, both my character and the real me." when all she
really wants to do is get back to Into the Badlands. Like seriously imagine
having to be Orla and not only sit in that chair while Patrick Stewart
flaunts his non-existed acting ability in frontof you, the favorable lighting
barely concealing his age spots and leathery skin, and just sit there, take
after take, hour after hour, while he perfected the three lines he was
required to remember for this scene. Not only having to tolerate his
monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone on set tells
him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, BREXIT IS REALLY AS BAD AS THAT?? because
they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch this senile fucking
luvvie struggle to get out the most basic fucking exposition. You've been
acting nothing but a healthy diet of stage and prestige television for your
ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in County Wicklow. You've
never even seen anything this fucking pathetic before, and now you swear you
can taste the old man stink that's pouring off his mottled old flanks as he
finally resorts to reading his lines off a cue-card, smugly assured that you
are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to work with a "Shakespearean" (for
that is what he calls himself)" actor, as if he isn't aware that television
is far more relevant than the soggy old Bard, particularly your work in
"Banished". And then the director calls for another take, and you know you
could out-act every single person in this room before Alex Kurtzman could
write you out of his benighted script, but you sit there and endure, because
you're Orla fucking Brady. You're not going to lose your future acting career
over this. Just bear it. Wink your right eye and bear it.
EGK
Don't they use paragraphs on FB? :D
anim8rfsk
2020-02-14 15:23:43 UTC
[...]
Hee hee, well, the formatting supports the rant.
2020-02-14 16:23:52 UTC
[...]
Heh.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
Jim G.
2020-02-17 03:57:09 UTC
[...]
We should probably put the writer in the "undecided" category for now.
"I'm really glad we're at this place in our relationship where we can
dig up graves together without having to talk." -- Major Lillywhite, iZOMBIE