Some stupid Indians mad at Trump "filthy air" remark. Smart ones agreed.
2020-10-23 22:36:42 UTC
BBC:
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.

His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.

Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.

In recent weeks, the city's air quality has turned "severe", with residents complaining of breathing difficulties.

India's dreaded pollution season has returned as levels of PM2.5 - dangerous tiny pollutants in the air - in the capital have averaged around 180-300 micrograms per cubic metre in recent weeks, 12 times higher than the WHO's safe limits.
suzeeq
There goies the Indian-American vote....
Rhino
2020-10-24 01:16:49 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air
in India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians
asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
In recent weeks, the city's air quality has turned "severe", with
residents complaining of breathing difficulties.
India's dreaded pollution season has returned as levels of PM2.5 -
dangerous tiny pollutants in the air - in the capital have averaged
around 180-300 micrograms per cubic metre in recent weeks, 12 times
higher than the WHO's safe limits.
There goies the Indian-American vote....
I don't know about that. The Indian-Americans are presumably in America
because they - or their ancestors - saw it as "better" (for some
definition of "better") than India. They may take the remark as an
affirmation that they did the right thing in coming to America because
at least the air isn't so foul in the USA.
India sells tens of millions of small, completely un-pollution regulated scooters and motorbikes each year (cheap) which are some of the primary causes of pollution in their cities.
suzeeq
2020-10-24 04:46:27 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
[...]
Many have come here in the last 20 years or so, and still have relatives
in India. I don't think they'll take his remarks kindly.
Ed Stasiak
2020-10-24 13:35:10 UTC
I don't know about that. The Indian-Americans are presumably in America
because they - or their ancestors - saw it as "better" (for some definition
of "better") than India. They may take the remark as an affirmation that
they did the right thing in coming to America because at least the air isn't
so foul in the USA.
Many have come here in the last 20 years or so, and still have relatives
in India. I don't think they'll take his remarks kindly.
Sure, but that’s because they’re being propagandized into believing that the
West is the problem and pointing to the out of control pollution in India, China,
etc. is somehow “racist!”.

2020-10-24 17:20:25 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/FRY3pCdC/climate-1574550489727.jpg
How dare you? HOW DARE YOU?!?
trotsky
Sockpuppet alert.
FPP
2020-10-25 00:01:40 UTC
I don't know about that. The Indian-Americans are presumably in
America because they - or their ancestors - saw it as "better"
(for some definition of "better") than India. They may take the
remark as an affirmation that they did the right thing in coming
to America because at least the air isn't so foul in the USA.
Many have come here in the last 20 years or so, and still have relatives
in India. I don't think they'll take his remarks kindly.
Sure, but that's because they're being propagandized into believing
that the West is the problem and pointing to the out of control
pollution in India, China, etc. is somehow "racist!".
https://i.postimg.cc/FRY3pCdC/climate-1574550489727.jpg
How dare you? HOW DARE YOU?!?
Yeah, sure... because memes are the new right-wing 'evidence'.
It's what you post when you don't have a leg to stand on.
--
There's nothing more American than demanding to carry an AR-15 to
"protect yourself" but refusing to wear a mask to protect everyone else.

If you hired a guy to "Make My House Great Again", and he hired his
incompetent children, stole your money, gave it away to your richest
neighbors, let everyone get sick, killed your grandma, backed over your
mailbox, burned down your house and blamed it on your black friends next
door... would YOU hire him AGAIN?

REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.
Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
BTR1701
2020-10-24 17:17:53 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
[...]
Anyone who gets mad at someone for stating truth doesn't have the moral
high ground.
suzeeq
Yabbut they might not vote for that person.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-26 17:12:20 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
[...]
I assume that they're in America because they personally won't breathe
the polluted air. I further assume they share the same thoughts and that
it was a huge motivating factor in emigrating.
trotsky
2020-10-24 20:31:54 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
[...]
Nothing you said was remotely factual. Oh, wait, New Delhi is a city in
India, so you were correct there. Kudos!
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-26 17:10:39 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
[...]
It's been obvious for decades and decades that farmers clearing their
fields after crop harvest by burning the stalks has been creating
terrible air pollution downwind, particularly in India's most populous
cities. There is simply no valid reason for any farmer to create this
kind of pollution adversely affecting others.

I have no idea how you expect anyone to speak of extreme air pollution
that shortens the lives of 10s of millions with kindness.

We know better, yet we're still doing things in the bad old way because
screwing over everyone else is the way we've always done it.
The Horny Goat
2020-10-25 22:36:50 UTC
On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:16:49 -0400, Rhino
Post by Rhino
I don't know about that. The Indian-Americans are presumably in America
because they - or their ancestors - saw it as "better" (for some
definition of "better") than India. They may take the remark as an
affirmation that they did the right thing in coming to America because
at least the air isn't so foul in the USA.
So by that interpretation Indians would be better off if they ALL
relocated to America right?

After all, if 99.9% of the Indian population were no longer in India
then India would no longer have a climate change problem eh?

<<dripping sarcasm>>
Gary Brown
2020-10-24 02:14:18 UTC
Post by suzeeq
There goies the Indian-American vote....
Making fun of Trump causes a lot of retalitory spree shootings. Good that
Indians are well armed and prepared to shoot fat, white stupid people.
RichA
2020-10-24 04:16:31 UTC
"Gary Brown." Not using a girl's name today?
trotsky
Anonyshit says what?
number6
2020-10-24 13:47:33 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by RichA
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
In recent weeks, the city's air quality has turned "severe", with residents complaining of breathing difficulties.
India's dreaded pollution season has returned as levels of PM2.5 - dangerous tiny pollutants in the air - in the capital have averaged around 180-300 micrograms per cubic metre in recent weeks, 12 times higher than the WHO's safe limits.
There goies the Indian-American vote....
The Indians I know who are here ... came here to get away from that dirty air ...
They'd probably praise Trump for bringing that problem out in the open ...
You think Indians like polluted air and would hate someone for exposing it ???
Gary Brown
2020-11-25 00:34:55 UTC
BTR1701
2020-10-24 17:16:35 UTC
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in
India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime
Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
The first time I visited New Delhi, I walked off the plane onto the
tarmac and it smelled like I was in the middle of a forest fire. I felt
like I needed a respirator I asked the embassy RSO what was on fire and
he said, "India". All two billion people in India burn their household
garbage every day in India, so the entire country sits in a thick brown
haze that envelops everything.

But banning my 4Runner is the key to stopping global warming... sure.
Rhino
2020-10-24 17:49:23 UTC
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in
India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime
Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
The first time I visited New Delhi, I walked off the plane onto the
tarmac and it smelled like I was in the middle of a forest fire. I felt
like I needed a respirator I asked the embassy RSO what was on fire and
he said, "India". All two billion people in India burn their household
garbage every day in India, so the entire country sits in a thick brown
haze that envelops everything.
But banning my 4Runner is the key to stopping global warming... sure.
India only has ONE billion people - give or take - and even the most
populous country in the world, China, has only about 1.3 billion people.
Other than that, your point is very well taken.
2020-10-24 20:30:24 UTC
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in
India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime
Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
The first time I visited New Delhi, I walked off the plane onto the
tarmac and it smelled like I was in the middle of a forest fire. I felt
like I needed a respirator I asked the embassy RSO what was on fire and
he said, "India". All two billion people in India burn their household
garbage every day in India, so the entire country sits in a thick brown
haze that envelops everything.
But banning my 4Runner is the key to stopping global warming... sure.
So basically you're to fucking stupid to speak to the chemical content
of the pollutants? Makes sense.
RichA
Nitrous oxide, Sulfur dioxide, fly-ash. You know; REAL pollutants, unlike B.S. FAKE CO2 pollutants...
FPP
2020-10-25 00:04:37 UTC
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in
India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime
Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
The first time I visited New Delhi, I walked off the plane onto the
tarmac and it smelled like I was in the middle of a forest fire. I felt
like I needed a respirator I asked the embassy RSO what was on fire and
he said, "India". All two billion people in India burn their household
garbage every day in India, so the entire country sits in a thick brown
haze that envelops everything.
But banning my 4Runner is the key to stopping global warming... sure.
Stupid much?

"According to the EPA, motor vehicles collectively cause 75 percent of
carbon monoxide pollution in the U.S. The Environmental Defense Fund
(EDF) estimates that on-road vehicles cause one-third of the air
pollution that produces smog in the U.S., and transportation causes 27
percent of greenhouse gas emissions."

Any more genius observations?

BTR1701
Which is nothing compared to what India's pumping out every single day.
FPP
2020-10-25 05:03:36 UTC
[...]
Are you driving your 4Runner in India now?
Jesus, try and focus!

trotsky
2020-10-25 12:52:32 UTC
[...]
India has just over half the CO2 output of the U.S. Fuckface screwed
himself again.
RichA
2020-10-26 00:37:40 UTC
[...]
India, increasing C02 per year. U.S.? 1990 levels. Your best argument would be that consumption, supplied by other countries might be considered as a source of pollution because China, for example, has no pollution controls so it supplying the West with $500 billion worth of produced CRAP each year DOES impact pollution levels.
Also,. Asia is by FAR the largest producer and emitter of plastic pollution in the ocean.
Check out this Greenpeace article on plastic pollution. When was the last time you saw something like THAT in the West?
https://www.greenpeace.org/southeastasia/story/556/producer-responsibility-the-key-to-solving-thailands-plastic-crisis/
trotsky
2020-10-26 12:00:13 UTC
[...]
Human equivalent of dog shit says what?

The 20 countries that emitted the most carbon dioxide in 2018
Rank Country CO2 emissions (total)
1 China 10.06GT
2 United States 5.41GT
3 India 2.65GT
4 Russian Federation 1.71GT
17 more rows

Each Country's Share of CO2 Emissions | Union of Concerned ...

Now get the fuck out of here. Forever.
trotsky
Cite, dipshit?
trotsky
2020-10-25 12:49:29 UTC
[...]
Honest to Christ if I was as fucking wrong as you are all the time I
would shoot myself while hanging myself.

The 20 countries that emitted the most carbon dioxide in 2018
Rank Country CO2 emissions (total)
1 China 10.06GT
2 United States 5.41GT
3 India 2.65GT
4 Russian Federation 1.71GT
17 more rows

Each Country's Share of CO2 Emissions | Union of Concerned ...

Now just leave the group for fuck's sake. You make the signal to noise
worse than even "RichA" and I was totally fucking sure that wasn't even
possible. Asshole.
b***@gmail.com
2020-10-24 19:49:16 UTC
Trump needs to watch his words. Really,
he had almost no tact whatsoever.

I don't know what exactly happened in his
life that caused him to get the "fuck you,
I'll say what I will damn well please!"
attitude he is sporting, but as president,
he has a responsibility to not cause tension and
to not use inflammatory language- "We will
DOMINATE the streets".

Words and how they are said make a HUGE difference
in how people will react to what is being said.
RichA
2020-10-25 08:13:28 UTC
Indians have reacted to US president Donald Trump describing the air in India, China and Russia as "filthy" during the final election debate.
His remarks drew both anger and introspection, with some Indians asking Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take notice.
Others agreed that capital Delhi's air was among the most foul in the world.
In recent weeks, the city's air quality has turned "severe", with residents complaining of breathing difficulties.
India's dreaded pollution season has returned as levels of PM2.5 - dangerous tiny pollutants in the air - in the capital have averaged around 180-300 micrograms per cubic metre in recent weeks, 12 times higher than the WHO's safe limits.
To add: India and that whole crappy region all the way to the coast thrives on motorcycles which have ZERO emission controls:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54429714
b***@gmail.com
2020-10-25 08:23:47 UTC
"To add: India and that whole crappy region all the way to the coast thrives on motorcycles which have ZERO emission controls"

Likeky not even Harleys, but shitcycles
using 2 stroke engines, the type found
in the leaf bkowers that dominate entire
areas with their noise, and make people
choke on the toxic emissions and dust
that is kicked up (but hey, it makes
the lawn look sterile!).

I bet there is a massive fleet of shitcycles
and motorized rickshaws still in use that
are total cobble jobs. Emission standards? Ha!
They're hoping the frame does not break on them
at speed.
trotsky
2020-10-26 11:54:24 UTC
The U.S. has nearly double the CO2 emissions as India, so you're full of
shit up to your eyeballs as usual.