THE HUNT: Leftist Fantasy Film Where They Get to Murder 'Deplorables'
2019-08-09 14:23:29 UTC
A movie depicting leftists stalking and murdering supporters of President
Trump is slated to be released in September, but has just lost a major
advertiser (ESPN) in the wake of two mass shootings on August 3 and August
4.

Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.

"'Did anyone see what our [bleep]-in-chief just did?' one character asks
others early in the movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter. 'At least
the Hunt's coming up. Nothing better than going out to the Manor and
slaughtering a dozen deplorables.'"

According to the Reporter, the movie's script features blue-state
characters identifying, stalking, kidnapping, and ultimately horrifically
murdering red-state characters who express pro-life positions or who are
deemed racist. This isn't some independent film made in some Antifa
nutjob's backyard. This is Universal Pictures about to release a movie in
which liberal elites gun down conservatives for sport.

But it's Trump who is inciting violence. Yeah, right.
RichA
Liberals go hunting? With guns?? They'd probably shoot each other by accident.
EGK
2019-08-09 15:26:19 UTC
[...]
That's the part that's utter fantasy. Everyone knows liberal elites would
never own guns <rolling eyes>.
Rhino
2019-08-09 17:37:06 UTC
Post by EGK
[...]
Hasn't FPP claimed to own a gun?

I've also read that Steven Spielberg is quite proud of his gun collection.
2019-08-09 18:15:30 UTC
I've also read that Steven Spielberg is quite proud of his gun collection.
According the Charlton Heston, Spielberg has a shit load of guns but he
but he’s still anti-gun and supposedly these are the only two pictures of
him with a gun in his hands.

2019-08-09 18:42:08 UTC
I've also read that Steven Spielberg is quite proud of his gun collection.
According the Charlton Heston, Spielberg has a shit load of guns but he
but he’s still anti-gun and supposedly these are the only two pictures of
him with a gun in his hands.
https://www.factinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/spielberg-guns.png
https://gunseditor.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/spielberg22.gif?w=450
I wonder if he rationalizes it as self-defense in case a Nazi-like group
ever seizes power and comes after the Jews again? I can actually
sympathize with that. But of course it ignores the point that *any*
group can be targeted, including Canadian males or Polish-Americans, not
just Jewish-Americans.
2019-08-09 21:40:48 UTC
According the Charlton Heston, Spielberg has a shit load of guns but he’s
still anti-gun and supposedly these are the only two pictures of him with
a gun in his hands.
https://www.factinate.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/spielberg-guns.png
https://gunseditor.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/spielberg22.gif?w=450
I wonder if he rationalizes it as self-defense in case a Nazi-like group
ever seizes power and comes after the Jews again? I can actually
sympathize with that. But of course it ignores the point that *any*
group can be targeted, including Canadian males or Polish-Americans,
not just Jewish-Americans.
I think he’s just an elitist asshole; "guns are bad and should be banned
but not for ME because I’m a rich celebrity!”

Spielberg is a collector and sport shooter, (I believe those two pics are
from a charity clay shooting event and that’s Harrison Ford next to him,
another anti-gunner) so it’s not just about self-defense.
Rhino
2019-08-09 22:19:10 UTC
[...]
I thought I recognized Ford :-)

I don't pretend to know Spielberg's thinking although it would be
interesting to hear how he rationalizes these things.

I gather Martin Sheen, who has been arrested a great many times in
various demonstrations for leftist causes, remains stubbornly
anti-abortion. I assume that's because of his Catholic upbringing.
2019-08-09 22:50:15 UTC
[...]
How about fucking crazy people shouldn't be allowed to buy guns and
shoot people whenever it strikes their fancy? Something like that.

Whoopi Fucking Goldberg was a member of the NRA, for fuck's sake!
Where do you morons get the idea that "liberal" means anti-gun?
I shoot. My wife shoots (a lib'rul skool teacher). One of my two sons
shoot.

I've owned a .357 Colt King Cobra, a 9mm Beretta, a 9mm Smith Stainless
5906, a Smith Stainless 5 shot .38 Chief's special (fits nicely in a
back pocket), a Ruger 1911 (also stainless), a Ruger Blackhawk 6-shooter
with Ivory Scrimshaw Grips, a Remington New Army black powder
six-shooter, a Stainless Ruger .22 MK IV (with the bull barrel), a
Smith Stainless 686 .357 with a 3 inch barrel, and Pachmayr combat
grips, an Ithaca double-barrel shotgun and a 1940's God-only-knows-what
Japanese rifle my father brought home from the war.

And, yeah... I think there should be tighter gun laws because fucking
morons and mentally defective people shouldn't ever have them.
--
There are three inescapable facts from the Mueller report that Mitch
McConnell can't hide:
-Elizabeth Warren
Rhino
2019-08-09 23:37:54 UTC
[...]
In Leftist lingo, that typically means "anyone who isn't a Leftist".
THAT is why conservatives are so reluctant to embrace any of your gun
control schemes.
2019-08-10 09:10:24 UTC
[...]
Obama made it harder for the mentally ill to get their hands on guns.
Please, genius... tell me what's wrong with that?

Why would you want mentally unfit people to have assault weapons? Why?
Trump cited mental illness as one of the reasons for these mass
shootings, right?

So, why the fuck was one of his first items to roll back that policy?

Lots of countries have racists.
Lots of countries have mentally ill people.
Lots of countries have violent video games.
Lots of countries have gun owners.

So why is only America that has the sheer volume of mass shootings?
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
moviePig
2019-08-10 14:58:43 UTC
[...]
'Cause we're 'can do'...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-08-10 09:16:02 UTC
[...]
An overwhelming percentage of Americans support some common sense form
of gun safety reform, Rhino. Even conservatives. Here... chew on these
numbers:

"American voters now broadly support efforts to reduce gun violence. A
May Quinnipiac poll found that 94 percent of voters favored universal
background checks. A strong majority also favor an assault weapon ban:
In the GQR survey, a 65 percent majority backed a ban on assault
weapons, including 52 percent of Republicans and a 55 percent in
gun-owning households.

Earlier in the decade, surveys tracked support in the low to mid 50s,
but now most survey show support above 60 percent. Importantly, a 65
percent majority also believed that mass shootings are often caused by
easy access to assault weapons. An even more impressive 72 percent
supported a buyback program for assault weapons, like the one instituted
in Australia after a 1996 mass shooting there."

So, moron... what were you saying about "my" schemes again? Or do you
think those numbers are all Democrats?

Jesus, but you are so goddamned thick! How many times must I hand you
your ass because you shoot your mouth off before bothering to learn what
the fuck you're talking about?
Ubiquitous
2019-08-11 04:03:33 UTC
I've owned a .357 Colt King Cobra, a 9mm Beretta, a 9mm Smith Stainless
5906, a Smith Stainless 5 shot .38 Chief's special (fits nicely in a
back pocket), a Ruger 1911 (also stainless), a Ruger Blackhawk 6-shooter
with Ivory Scrimshaw Grips, a Remington New Army black powder
six-shooter, a Stainless Ruger .22 MK IV (with the bull barrel), a
Smith Stainless 686 .357 with a 3 inch barrel, and Pachmayr combat
grips, an Ithaca double-barrel shotgun and a 1940's God-only-knows-what
Japanese rifle my father brought home from the war.
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
FPP
2019-08-11 06:13:27 UTC
[...]
Stop by sometime... you can get a better look for yourself.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-10 15:59:19 UTC
On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 18:19:10 -0400, Rhino
I gather Martin Sheen, who has been arrested a great many times in=20
various demonstrations for leftist causes, remains stubbornly=20
anti-abortion. I assume that's because of his Catholic upbringing.
Only a true stereotypical SJW would require 110% adherence to the
party line on every single issue.

Unfortunately that does appear to be more common these days - vary on
a single point of "doctrine" and you are forever damned by these
people.
EGK
2019-08-09 20:20:03 UTC
Post by EGK
[...]
I was being sarcastic. Thus the <rolling eyes> Like everything else,
liberals love to have a "do as I say, not as I do" attitude about
everything.

Just like the recent liberal elite get together to discuss what to do about
climate change where most of them all flew to Italy aboard their private
planes or floated in on their luxury yachts.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/blizzard-celebrities-fly-private-jets-to-italian-resort-to-ponder-climate-change
Rhino
2019-08-09 20:30:19 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by Rhino
Post by EGK
[...]
Liberal hypocrisy is pretty staggering, no doubt about it. I guess the
part that surprises me a little is when some Leftists take a pro-gun or
anti-abortion position while retaining Leftist views on pretty much
everything else.
Why should it surprise you at all? It's called "the middle."
Rhino
2019-08-09 21:15:52 UTC
Liberal hypocrisy is pretty staggering, no doubt about it. I guess the
part that surprises me a little is when some Leftists take a pro-gun or
anti-abortion position while retaining Leftist views on pretty much
everything else.
Why should it surprise you at all? It's called "the middle."
Because the whole lot of them seem to be increasingly on the Far Left
side of EVERY issue. But maybe that's just the jockeying for the
nomination giving me that impression.
2019-08-10 05:22:23 UTC
Liberal hypocrisy is pretty staggering, no doubt about it. I guess the
part that surprises me a little is when some Leftists take a pro-gun or
anti-abortion position while retaining Leftist views on pretty much
everything else.
Why should it surprise you at all? It's called "the middle."
Because the whole lot of them seem to be increasingly on the Far Left
side of EVERY issue. But maybe that's just the jockeying for the
nomination giving me that impression.
Those are just politicians, not the electorate as a whole. Remember, the
American election system is designed to vote people with extreme points
of view into office. Moderates in the Republican party have no political
future, something that's accelerated under Trump. The far left of the
Democratic party attacks moderates as well.

It's a little harder to explain the extreme points of view that too many
US Senators and some Governors represent.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-10 16:03:00 UTC
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 05:22:23 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Those are just politicians, not the electorate as a whole. Remember, the
American election system is designed to vote people with extreme points
of view into office. Moderates in the Republican party have no political
future, something that's accelerated under Trump. The far left of the
Democratic party attacks moderates as well.
It's a little harder to explain the extreme points of view that too many
US Senators and some Governors represent.
These days I'd be wracked for saying I believe in both "Life Liberty
and the Pursuit of Happiness" or the Canadian version "Peace Order and
Good Government" (I happen to think all 6 are important which is what
you'd expect given my border-straddling ethnicity)

As long as 'equal opportunity' is allowed to continue to morph into
'equality of results' it isn't going to change either.
EGK
2019-08-10 16:49:40 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Those are just politicians, not the electorate as a whole. Remember, the
American election system is designed to vote people with extreme points
of view into office. Moderates in the Republican party have no political
future, something that's accelerated under Trump. The far left of the
Democratic party attacks moderates as well.
It's a little harder to explain the extreme points of view that too many
US Senators and some Governors represent.
These days I'd be wracked for saying I believe in both "Life Liberty
and the Pursuit of Happiness" or the Canadian version "Peace Order and
Good Government" (I happen to think all 6 are important which is what
you'd expect given my border-straddling ethnicity)
As long as 'equal opportunity' is allowed to continue to morph into
'equality of results' it isn't going to change either.
It's hard to believe you're Canadian. Shouldn't that be "Peace, order and
aboot Good Government, eh?" :D
Adam H. Kerman
I thought it was, "That blowed up gud. Real gud."
The Horny Goat
2019-08-10 22:53:36 UTC
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 18:12:23 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by EGK
Post by The Horny Goat
As long as 'equal opportunity' is allowed to continue to morph into
'equality of results' it isn't going to change either.
It's hard to believe you're Canadian. Shouldn't that be "Peace, order and
aboot Good Government, eh?" :D
I thought it was, "That blowed up gud. Real gud."
Ha ha ha!

About the only time YOUR phrase worked concerning the Canadian border
was about 5 years ago when drug dealers built a 1/2 mile long tunnel
across the border south of Vancouver and ran electronically controlled
mini-trains to bring drugs across the line. (If you think of 10 or 12
cars each the size of a large kids' toy truck you'd be about right)

Once they found the tunnel authorities didn't know what to do with it
until someone called Fort Lewis WA and asked if they wanted a good
location for a demolition exercise and got a delighted yes. The
following week the Mounties and US Army Engineers took care of the
demolition and the authorities went back to trying to catch less
imaginative drug dealers....
Adam H. Kerman
Fun story
The Horny Goat
2019-08-10 18:49:07 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by The Horny Goat
and the Pursuit of Happiness" or the Canadian version "Peace Order and
Good Government" (I happen to think all 6 are important which is what
you'd expect given my border-straddling ethnicity)
As long as 'equal opportunity' is allowed to continue to morph into
'equality of results' it isn't going to change either.
It's hard to believe you're Canadian. Shouldn't that be "Peace, order and
aboot Good Government, eh?" :D
Hardy har har. Uh they don't talk that way in this part of the country
and the part where they do is 2000+ miles away.

But yes I do have a pretty good idea of what both constitutions say,
what they share and how they differ. Have a pretty good knowledge of
the 1867 act the 1981 act was based on as well.

Again while I treasure my citizenship the fact I'm not an American is
more an accident on my parents' part than anything specific. It could
easily have been the other way.

For what it's worth under existing legislation, Wayne Gretzky's
grandchildren are NOT Canadian citizens - go figure. Don't know if
Gretzky is the most prominent living Canadian but he's surely on
anybody's top 10 list.
anim8rfsk
2019-08-10 19:14:17 UTC
[...]
The only think I know about Gretzky is his wife.

Two words: THE SHAT!
2019-08-10 22:54:38 UTC
The only think I know about Gretzky is his wife.
Two words: THE SHAT!
Uh what does the holder of the most records in the National Hockey
League's record book have to do with Captain Kirk?
anim8rfsk
2019-08-11 01:45:12 UTC
The only think I know about Gretzky is his wife.
Two words: THE SHAT!
Uh what does the holder of the most records in the National Hockey
League's record book have to do with Captain Kirk?
The snipped question was 'most famous canadian' wasn't it?
Yes, it was, and The Shat wins by a lightyear.
anim8rfsk
2019-08-09 20:35:24 UTC
[...]
Yeah, isn't that fucking awesome? Global warming is such a crisis that the
'progressive' elite need to fly their private jets to fabulous resorts to
discuss how you must trade in your Ford Expedition for a Schwinn and how
millions of people like you who support their families in the petroleum
industry better learn to code.
trotsky
2019-08-10 11:52:31 UTC
[...]
What percentage of greenhouse gases are caused by those? Besides
infinitesimal, I mean.
FPP
2019-08-09 21:54:38 UTC
[...]
Several. I trained with an NRA certified instructor 30 years ago.
-Elizabeth Warren
EGK
2019-08-09 15:25:11 UTC
Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.
Basically it's just another in a long line of remakes of The Most Dangerous
Game (1932)
BTR1701
2019-08-09 15:55:29 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by BTR1701
Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.
Basically it's just another in a long line of remakes of The Most Dangerous
Game (1932)
Except this time they added the political theme as the motivation for the
whole thing.
EGK
2019-08-09 16:03:10 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by BTR1701
Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.
Basically it's just another in a long line of remakes of The Most Dangerous
Game (1932)
Except this time they added the political theme as the motivation for the
whole thing.
Right. To make it topical and get attention for it. I still think it's
been done before. Certainly the rich elites angle is common in these
movies.

I liked one movie made back in the 80's along those lines. Southern Comfort
about a group of National Guardsman on practice manuevers in the bayous.
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-09 18:06:05 UTC
E Gk
I liked it also and they used to show fairly regularly on cable tv back in the day.
EGK
2019-08-09 20:20:57 UTC
E Gk
I liked one movie made back in the 80's along those lines.  Southern Comfort
about a group of National Guardsman on practice manuevers in the bayous.
I liked it also and they used to show fairly regularly on cable tv back in the day.
Yup. Like a lot of things, I first saw it on HBO back when HBO meant
something for movies.
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2019-08-09 16:04:08 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by BTR1701
Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.
Basically it's just another in a long line of remakes of The Most Dangerous
Game (1932)
Except this time they added the political theme as the motivation for the
whole thing.
And changed the ending, I'd expect..
--
------
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..
super70s
You mean like that more recent hit Taxi Driver?
Ted Nolan <tednolan>
2019-08-09 16:03:39 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by BTR1701
Basically, this is a movie where white liberal elites go hunting with guns
for the people Hillary Clinton called "deplorables". It's from Universal
Pictures. The movie is entitled THE HUNT and The Hollywood Reporter has
been to a screening.
Basically it's just another in a long line of remakes of The Most Dangerous
Game (1932)
I read a showbiz essay once which said (in part) that any adventure series
that runs long enought will remake "The Most Dangerous Game", and any
comedy series that runs long enough will doo the "I wrote them that I was
a big shot here, and now they're coming and you all have to play along with me"
episode..
--
------
t***@gmail.com
2019-08-09 16:35:14 UTC
[...]
The final season of "WRECKED" had a similar theme. WRECKED was a parody of Damon Lindelof's abc hit LOST. Lindelof is associated with "The HUNT" as writer or producer, I forget what capacity.

BTW, Lindelof is a flaming liberal. He fund raised for Hillary, before that indirectly supported Obama second term with a non-canon LOST video.

I still like Lindelof's writing style. He is clever and ambiguous and keeps ya second guessing. Metaphor and allegory are tools of his trade. Love it.
Rhino
2019-08-09 17:35:04 UTC
[...]
When I looked at the trailer, it *looked* like the hunted were turning
the tables and getting some payback on the elites that were targetting
them. Maybe we should actually wait until someone's SEEN the film before
we jump to conclusions about its message?
2019-08-09 18:10:57 UTC
When I looked at the trailer, it *looked* like the hunted were turning
the tables and getting some payback on the elites that were targetting
them.
Yeah, it looks like Betty Gilpin (who has some rock’n tits) kills all the Lefties
in the end and is probably the only deplorable survivor.
Dimensional Traveler
2019-08-09 22:33:29 UTC
[...]
"Blumhouse produces the thriller The Hunt . The extreme right and left
wings of the political spectrum take their differences to a violent
level. Craig Zobel directs from a screenplay by Damon Lindelof and
Carlton Cuse."
instinct are running screaming.
EGK
2019-08-09 23:11:15 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
[...]
Liberals can try to kill all the deplorables they want on the silver screen
but I dry the line at watching anything written by Damon Lindelof and
Carlton Cuse.
Ian J. Ball
2019-08-09 23:21:41 UTC
Post by Rhino
When I looked at the trailer, it *looked* like the hunted were turning
the tables and getting some payback on the elites that were targetting
them. Maybe we should actually wait until someone's SEEN the film
before we jump to conclusions about its message?
"Blumhouse produces the thriller The Hunt . The extreme right and left
wings of the political spectrum take their differences to a violent
level. Craig Zobel directs from a screenplay by Damon Lindelof and
Carlton Cuse."
And I'm out, *HARD*.
Post by Dimensional Traveler
:/
2019-08-09 20:48:06 UTC
[...]
Haven't seen it (neither have you) and may be unlikely to. But do note
that, in this genre, it's usually the hunters who are Evil. Of course,
they're also the ones with guns, which may pose a dilemma for some...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-08-09 21:57:12 UTC
[...]
Yeah, our idiots don't realize that it's the deplorables who will end up
being the good guys in this movie.

But did you really expect our resident dim-plorables to think that far
ahead?
-Elizabeth Warren
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-10 14:35:28 UTC
Haven't seen it (neither have you) and may be unlikely to.  But do note
that, in this genre, it's usually the hunters who are Evil.  Of course,
they're also the ones with guns, which may pose a dilemma for some...
Yeah, our idiots don't realize that it's the deplorables who will end up
being the good guys in this movie.
Wiki calls it a “satire thriller” and I seriously doubt any of the deplorables
in the flick will be good guys, they’ll be portrayed as cartoonishly Rightwing
white trash with the subtle implication that killing them is ok, while the
hunters will simply be rich elites of nondescript politics.
moviePig
2019-08-10 15:04:25 UTC
Haven't seen it (neither have you) and may be unlikely to.  But do note
that, in this genre, it's usually the hunters who are Evil.  Of course,
they're also the ones with guns, which may pose a dilemma for some...
Yeah, our idiots don't realize that it's the deplorables who will end up
being the good guys in this movie.
Wiki calls it a “satire thriller” and I seriously doubt any of the deplorables
in the flick will be good guys, they’ll be portrayed as cartoonishly Rightwing
white trash with the subtle implication that killing them is ok, while the
hunters will simply be rich elites of nondescript politics.
Not sure how much I'd credit Wiki, but your scenario lacks 'satire'.
Also, 'rich elites' hunting 'rightwing trash' is clashing stereotypes...
--
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
alvey
[...]