What Did You Watch? 2018-09-12 (Wednesday)
2018-09-13 08:30:41 UTC

CHARLIE'S ANGELS:
"Fallen Angel". The Angels are hired to stop the theft of the Blue
Whale diamond by Damian, a high-class suave diamond thief "with James
Bondian tastes". Hey, it's Timothy Dalton! Charlie warns them Damian
will be "immune to their female charms", which struck me as odd and
maybe foreshadowing of some sort. During the course of the
investigation, they discover he is dating Jill, who apparently told no
one she was in town. Tiffany accuses Jill of being an accomplice, which
pisses off Kris, then she wonders why Kris stormed out of the room.
What a bitch. As it turns out, Jill is an accomplice and when Kelly
confronts her, Jill tells her to get lost. This doesn't make any sense.
She helps him steal the diamond from the jewlery box in the owner's
dressing room while she was at dress rehersal. Did I mention there was
a KING COBRA in the jewelery box? WHO THE HELL PUTS A KING COBRA IN
ONE'S JEWELERY BOX AND LEAVES IT WHERE ANYONE CAN OPEN IT!?!?!
Predictibly, it turns out Jill was working undercover all along but
couldn't tell Bosley or the Angels so it would seem "more realistic". I
have no idea how that wold prevent him from doing a background check on
Jill.

BIOGRAPHY:
"Nancy McKeon". A profile of Nancy McKeon, known for her role in the
1980s sitcom "The Facts of Life" and, starting in 2009, for her work on
the comedy show "Sonny With a Chance."

BIOGRAPHY:
"Diff'rent Strokes". The sitcom "Diff'rent Strokes" (1978-86) is the
focus. Included: the problems Gary Coleman, Todd Bridges and Dana Plato
encountered after the series ended.

2018-09-13 09:13:53 UTC
[...]
What did you watch?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention:

IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA:
"The Gang Escapes". The gang make Dennis and Mac's place an "escape
room" as a team-building exercise. Not nearly as good as I was
expecting.
2018-09-13 13:02:46 UTC
The Outpost (recorded) - "Beyond the Wall" (ep. #8). Another enjoyable
outing... It's unclear whether Garret has really been "infected" with a
plagueling parasite, but he's convinced he is, and so says his
"Good-byes" (e.g. to Gwynn). Sidenote: This involves a weird scene with
Medalion Rahimi (who's been underused so far on this show... :| ) where
she makes goo-goo eyes at... Janzo(!?!!). Anyway, later, stupid Talon
figures out where to go to get the Book of Names, and immediately sets
out on a quest to find it. But both Garret and Janzo insist upon coming
along with Talon - Talon's mission involves repelling down the
Outpost's gates, and into hostile Greyskins territory!! Indeed, it's
not long before they're set upon and attacked by Greyskins, and it's
Janzo(!?!!) who ends up saving Talon and Garret!... Also, the assassin
sent by Dred to track down the Book of Names is shown to be a real
sicko... with a taste for Greyskin flesh! (Eww!!)
Meanwhile, we're reminded of Marshal Wythers' current circumstances
in the mine. And Elinor is quite pleased with Janzo's "drug haul" from
the previous episode.
At the end, Dred shows up at the Outpost, immediately slaughters
General Calkussar, and demands Gwynn's head, the latter of whom
prepares to flee with Medalion Rahimi.
In the next episode - which, once again, is in *two* week hence,
instead of next week... :/ - Our Heroes(tm) look to get captured by
Greyskins, while Gwynn attempts to stay alive, and while Dred threatens
poor Elinor...

I Am Frankie (recorded) - "I Am... Planning an Escape" and "I Am...
Taking a Break" (ep's #2.3 & 2.4). The show awkwardly introduces the
two new "replacement characters" for the season #1 castmembers not
returning to the show (and ignoring the loss of Byron is not going to
cut it here, folks... :/ ), and they're probably less interesting
than the characters they're replacing...
Anyway, Frankie, Dayton and Cole plan to break into WARPA HQ - and I
like that the WARPA HQ building is called "The Rhombus" (heh) - to try
to rescue Android Andrew who's been taken captive by WARPA, and who is
forceably put through a series of tests. At the end of ep. #2.4, Andrew
is introduced to another android (a blonde, this time!). Meanwhile,
Sigourney is offered a chance to work with NASA, and while she's
reluctant, her family tries to convince her to do it, now that the
"heat" is off Frankie. Also, Mr. Kingston is forced to move in with his
children, Dayton and Cole - I'm noting that the EGG angle from season
#1 seems to have been dropped: I'm guessing that means it will turn out
the Kingston has been fired from EGG...

I then watched the "SEAL Team" rerun where Jason's helicopter crashes
and he suffers a concussion, which is ironic as I don't really like
this episode...

Recorded for later: I Am Frankie, and Suits.
2018-09-13 14:44:28 UTC
What Did You Watch? 2018-09-12 (Wednesday)
September 13, 2018 at 6:02:46 AM MST
The Outpost (recorded) - "Beyond the Wall" (ep. #8). Another enjoyable
outing... It's unclear whether Garret has really been "infected" with a
plagueling parasite, but he's convinced he is, and so says his
"Good-byes" (e.g. to Gwynn). Sidenote: This involves a weird scene with
Medalion Rahimi (who's been underused so far on this show... :| ) where
Is she the new handmaiden? She's cute. And she's just been sitting around the
outpost waiting for somebody to die so she could get their job?
she makes goo-goo eyes at... Janzo(!?!!). Anyway, later, stupid Talon
figures out where to go to get the Book of Names, and immediately sets
out on a quest to find it. But both Garret and Janzo insist upon coming
along with Talon - Talon's mission involves repelling down the
Outpost's gates, and into hostile Greyskins territory!! Indeed, it's
not long before they're set upon and attacked by Greyskins, and it's
Janzo(!?!!) who ends up saving Talon and Garret!... Also, the assassin
sent by Dred to track down the Book of Names is shown to be a real
sicko... with a taste for Greyskin flesh! (Eww!!)
Meanwhile, we're reminded of Marshal Wythers' current circumstances
in the mine. And Elinor is quite pleased with Janzo's "drug haul" from
the previous episode.
At the end, Dred shows up at the Outpost, immediately slaughters
I was not expecting that
General Calkussar, and demands Gwynn's head, the latter of whom
prepares to flee with Medalion Rahimi.
In the next episode - which, once again, is in *two* week hence,
instead of next week... :/ - Our Heroes(tm) look to get captured by
Greyskins, while Gwynn attempts to stay alive, and while Dred threatens
poor Elinor...
Did you notice the shot that looked like half the moon was lava? I couldn't
tell if there was supposed to be smoke in front of it or we were suddenly in
Thundaar the Barbarian or what!
2018-09-13 16:17:17 UTC
The Outpost (recorded) - "Beyond the Wall" (ep. #8). Another enjoyable
outing... It's unclear whether Garret has really been "infected" with a
plagueling parasite, but he's convinced he is, and so says his
"Good-byes" (e.g. to Gwynn). Sidenote: This involves a weird scene with
Medalion Rahimi (who's been underused so far on this show... :| ) where
Is she the new handmaiden? She's cute. And she's just been sitting
around the outpost waiting for somebody to die so she could get their
job?
Yes, that's her - Gwynn's hott! new replacement handmaiden that Gwynn
has been nothing but mean to... :(
[...]
Yeah, I wasn't either, as in the previous scenes with Dred he really
had made no mention of Calkussar, or of his intention to put the bag on
Gwynn.
General Calkussar, and demands Gwynn's head, the latter of whom
prepares to flee with Medalion Rahimi.
In the next episode - which, once again, is in *two* week hence,
instead of next week... :/ - Our Heroes(tm) look to get captured by
Greyskins, while Gwynn attempts to stay alive, and while Dred threatens
poor Elinor...
Did you notice the shot that looked like half the moon was lava? I couldn't
tell if there was supposed to be smoke in front of it or we were suddenly in
Thundaar the Barbarian or what!
Yeah, they've shown that moon before - I think there are two moons, and
one of them does apparently have lava flows.

One think I did forget to mention - this episode *finally* gave us some
beautiful exterior shots of the wilds of Utah! (it rivalled
"Westworld"!!) after largely stiffing us on this in previous episodes.
I almost wondered if they were saving their budget to do the exterior
shots in the last few episodes (they should have done them at the
beginning of the show!!).
2018-09-13 15:52:13 UTC
I'll do a catch up tomorrow.
Ian J. Ball
2018-09-13 16:17:58 UTC
I'll do a catch up tomorrow.
I look forward to your "I Am Frankie" reviews!! ;p
2018-09-14 14:21:52 UTC
I'll do a catch up tomorrow.
That won't cut the mustard!
David Barnett
2018-09-13 23:22:35 UTC
On Wednesday September 12 I watched:

VEXED (Netflix)
The last 3 episodes.
I wish there were more.
David Barnett
Dimensional Traveler
2018-09-14 00:06:36 UTC
I watched '10 Cloverfield Lane' on FX. This was the movie that was
supposed to launch a series of movies, one per year, set in the
'Cloverfield' universe. Then Jar-Jar Abrams spread himself too thin
stamping his name on any project he could catch and the third film got
delayed. Then delayed again. Then it ended up on Netflix. And that
was the end of that idea. The funny part is that Abrams had effectively
nothing to do with this flick except for an Executive Producer credit.

Cute and sexy and Ian-approved Mary Elizabeth Winstead stars with John
Goodman. She wakes up after a car crash chained to a wall in Goodman's
bunker. He claims the world has ended and his claim is sorta, maybe
backed up by the only other person in the bunker, a man who fought and
begged to be inside when the world ended. Even after something happens
that "proves" Goodman's claims she still doesn't really believe him and
keeps trying to escape. Saying anything else would be spoilers.

I saw this when it was in theatres and thought it was good. Re-watching
it hasn't changed my opinion. I recommend seeing it if you get the chance.
instinct are running screaming.
Ian J. Ball
2018-09-14 00:57:57 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I watched '10 Cloverfield Lane' on FX.
BTW, the movie I couldn't remember I watched last weekend?! - It was
the original "Cloverfield"! I had forgotten how much Jessica Lucas was
in that flick (and that her character is pretty literally the *only
one* who survives!!).
Post by Dimensional Traveler
This was the movie that was supposed to launch a series of movies, one
per year, set in the 'Cloverfield' universe. Then Jar-Jar Abrams
spread himself too thin stamping his name on any project he could catch
and the third film got delayed. Then delayed again. Then it ended up
on Netflix. And that was the end of that idea. The funny part is that
Abrams had effectively nothing to do with this flick except for an
Executive Producer credit.
Cute and sexy and Ian-approved Mary Elizabeth Winstead
I do approve!! :)
Post by Dimensional Traveler
stars with John Goodman. She wakes up after a car crash chained to a
wall in Goodman's bunker. He claims the world has ended and his claim
is sorta, maybe backed up by the only other person in the bunker, a man
who fought and begged to be inside when the world ended. Even after
something happens that "proves" Goodman's claims she still doesn't
really believe him and keeps trying to escape. Saying anything else
would be spoilers.
I saw this when it was in theatres and thought it was good.
Re-watching it hasn't changed my opinion. I recommend seeing it if you
get the chance.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind a sequel of this one (with Winstead).
(I also wouldn't mind a sequel to the original film with Jessica Lucas,
either!!)

Ian (But, then again, I also wouldn't mind a sequel to "The Darkest
Hour", with Olivia Thurlby... ;> )
2018-09-14 01:16:52 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
I watched '10 Cloverfield Lane' on FX.
BTW, the movie I couldn't remember I watched last weekend?! - It was the
original "Cloverfield"! I had forgotten how much Jessica Lucas was in
that flick (and that her character is pretty literally the *only one*
who survives!!).
Post by Dimensional Traveler
This was the movie that was supposed to launch a series of movies, one
per year, set in the 'Cloverfield' universe.  Then Jar-Jar Abrams
spread himself too thin stamping his name on any project he could
catch and the third film got delayed.  Then delayed again.  Then it
ended up on Netflix.  And that was the end of that idea.  The funny
part is that Abrams had effectively nothing to do with this flick
except for an Executive Producer credit.
Cute and sexy and Ian-approved Mary Elizabeth Winstead
I do approve!!  :)
Post by Dimensional Traveler
stars with John Goodman.  She wakes up after a car crash chained to a
wall in Goodman's bunker.  He claims the world has ended and his claim
is sorta, maybe backed up by the only other person in the bunker, a
man who fought and begged to be inside when the world ended.  Even
after something happens that "proves" Goodman's claims she still
doesn't really believe him and keeps trying to escape.  Saying
anything else would be spoilers.
I saw this when it was in theatres and thought it was good.
Re-watching it hasn't changed my opinion.  I recommend seeing it if
you get the chance.
I saw it in the theater and liked it too. But I never got around to
watching it a second time.
+1
Dimensional Traveler
2018-09-14 02:30:05 UTC
[...]
'10 Darkest Cloverfields' starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jessica
Lucas and Olivia Thurlby. :P
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2018-09-14 14:23:16 UTC
[...]
You lost me at "Ian-approved"
2018-09-14 15:23:20 UTC
[...]
:) All I really meant by that is you don't get to see her nekkid naked,
just skimpy clothed naked. (But still very "rowr".)
instinct are running screaming.
anim8rfsk
2018-09-14 14:22:09 UTC
Post by David Barnett
VEXED (Netflix)
The last 3 episodes.
I wish there were more.
Yeah
Jim G.
2018-09-18 00:06:06 UTC
CASTLE ROCK / 1x10 / Romans

[Some birds can be caged.]

"'After a while, you forget which side of the bars you're on.' That's
what Warden Lacy used to say."

We learn how Henry's father died. Cage Boy ends up back in his cage. Hot
Mess Real Estate Gal escapes town. For now. Henry does not. Ian's
girlfriend writes a book. Castle Rock remains Castle Rock.

Grade: B
"I really hope it was Waverly who dressed me, but the gloves scream
Jeremy." -- Wynonna Earp, WYNONNA EARP
BTR1701
2018-09-18 05:41:27 UTC
Post by Jim G.
CASTLE ROCK / 1x10 / Romans
[Some birds can be caged.]
"'After a while, you forget which side of the bars you're on.' That's
what Warden Lacy used to say."
We learn how Henry's father died. Cage Boy ends up back in his cage.
"Bring Henry to Harmony Hill.."

The Harmony Hill Cemetery, where little Ralphie Glick was laid to rest,
before he woke up again and paid his brother a visit in the deepest hours
of the night, scratch, scratch, scratching at the bedroom window.

Sometimes dead is better...
Post by Jim G.
Ian's girlfriend writes a book.
"Overlooked" hehe

With a planned research trip out west. She should take a lesson from her
uncle and practice solving her mazes first.
Post by Jim G.
Castle Rock remains Castle Rock.
The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were
there... and still on your feet.

Go, then! There are other worlds than these.
Jim G.
2018-09-18 22:50:46 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Ian's girlfriend writes a book.
"Overlooked" hehe
That was the name of her opus? I missed that!