What Did You Watch? 2018-01-12 (Friday)
2018-01-13 12:59:26 UTC

O'HANNITY

TUCKER CARLSON

INGRAHAM ANGLE

2018-01-13 18:06:24 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
Still too early to get a strong feel for this. (Looking ahead, it makes
me nervous that they seem to lose about half of the season #1 cast in
later seasons... And Sarah Bolger doesn't show up for a while.) But
there's lots of naked nudity for Fred, though.

soaps: DOOL - I. Don't. Care. About. DiMera. Crap.
GH - I'm incredulous: Carly actually had a talk with her 14-year old
daughter about what to wear to a dance which was utterly and completely
sensible. I guess they got Carly a different writer for an episode!
Meanwhile, Sam and Jason work through their divorce. And the cat is out
of the bag in terms of Nathan.

The Time-Traveller's Wife (HBO Signature) - I'd never seen this all the
way through before. This quite effective as a tear-jerker.

The Magicians (recorded) - "The Tales of the Seven Keys". Decent (and
generally amusing) start to season #3 - I especially like the
conversaion Eliot and Margo had that consisted of coded
television/movie references. And I *loved* the "Bunnygrams"!! ;)
Anyway, our gang (starting with Eliot, and then passed on to
Quentin) gets a "quest" to "restore magic" to the word, which will
solve a lot of different peoples' problems (Margo's and Eliot's
problems with the fairies the foremost among them) - that looks to be
the season #3 storyarc. Alice wasn't in this episode much, and what
there was with her was depressing... :(

Bad Stepmother (LMN) - This was pretty silly. Sofia Vassilieva's
character was so thoroughly unlikeable that I was rooting for Kristy
Swanson to kill her and get away with it through most of the middle of
this flick.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Showtime Beyond) - Well cast - for once, Brian
Cox isn't playing a bad guy! And, hey look! it's Hooten's Lady in a
supporting role! And at least they came up with a plausible explanation
for what was going on here. I felt sorry Olwen Kelly in this, though -
having to play a naked corpse throughout the entire movie.

Recorded for later: Taken (season 2 premiere).
2018-01-13 18:12:53 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
The who? The what? Did you mean "The Two Doors"?
Post by Ian J. Ball
Still too early to get a strong feel for this. (Looking ahead, it makes
me nervous that they seem to lose about half of the season #1 cast in
later seasons... And Sarah Bolger doesn't show up for a while.) But
there's lots of naked nudity for Fred, though.
Yay!
Post by Ian J. Ball
The Magicians (recorded) - "The Tales of the Seven Keys". Decent (and
generally amusing) start to season #3 - I especially like the
conversaion Eliot and Margo had that consisted of coded
television/movie references. And I *loved* the "Bunnygrams"!! ;)
Anyway, our gang (starting with Eliot, and then passed on to
Quentin) gets a "quest" to "restore magic" to the word, which will
solve a lot of different peoples' problems (Margo's and Eliot's
problems with the fairies the foremost among them) - that looks to be
the season #3 storyarc. Alice wasn't in this episode much, and what
there was with her was depressing... :(
Bad Stepmother (LMN) - This was pretty silly. Sofia Vassilieva's
character was so thoroughly unlikeable that I was rooting for Kristy
Swanson
My Deadly Friend!
Post by Ian J. Ball
The Autopsy of Jane Doe (Showtime Beyond) - Well cast - for once, Brian
Cox isn't playing a bad guy! And, hey look! it's Hooten's Lady in a
Hoot! Hoot!!
2018-01-13 18:22:36 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
The who? The what? Did you mean "The Two Doors"?
Heh - yes, I obviously meant "The Tudors".
Yay!
anim8rfsk
2018-01-13 19:05:21 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
The who? The what? Did you mean "The Two Doors"?
Heh - yes, I obviously meant "The Tudors".
Hey, you could have meant "Hulu (ick)" or something. :D

Thanks!
David Barnett
2018-01-13 22:27:06 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
The who? The what? Did you mean "The Two Doors"?
Heh - yes, I obviously meant "The Tudors".
Hey, you could have meant "Hulu (ick)" or something. :D
Thanks!
Netflix here does not have "The Tudors",
but I've seen all episodes of that some time ago.
David Barnett
David Barnett
2018-01-13 22:19:24 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
The who? The what? Did you mean "The Two Doors"?
Neither on my Netflix.
David Barnett
Arthur Lipscomb
2018-01-13 20:43:36 UTC
The Tutors (The Netflix) - "In Cold Blood" (ep. 1.1). First episode.
Still too early to get a strong feel for this. (Looking ahead, it makes
me nervous that they seem to lose about half of the season #1 cast in
later seasons... And Sarah Bolger doesn't show up for a while.) But
there's lots of naked nudity for Fred, though.
soaps: DOOL - I. Don't. Care. About. DiMera. Crap.
  GH - I'm incredulous: Carly actually had a talk with her 14-year old
daughter about what to wear to a dance which was utterly and completely
sensible. I guess they got Carly a different writer for an episode!
Meanwhile, Sam and Jason work through their divorce. And the cat is out
of the bag in terms of Nathan.
The Time-Traveller's Wife (HBO Signature) - I'd never seen this all the
way through before. This quite effective as a tear-jerker.
I saw that was airing and considered revisiting it.
Post by Ian J. Ball
The Magicians (recorded) - "The Tales of the Seven Keys". Decent (and
generally amusing) start to season #3 - I especially like the
conversaion Eliot and Margo had that consisted of coded television/movie
references.
Me too!

And I *loved* the "Bunnygrams"!!  ;)
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
I watched:

Agents of SHIELD - "Together or Not at All" - Already covered. I liked
it, but time to wrap things up.

The Blacklist - "The Informant" - Red and Ressler team up stop Ressler's
blackmailer. Meanwhile Liz continues to be a one woman army. OK episode.

Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams (Amazon streaming): "Real Life" Anna
Paquin stars as a woman who enters a virtual reality world where she
becomes Terrence Howard but when she's Howard, he enters a virtual
reality world where he's Paquin. Each world feels real and says the
other is fake. OK episode but I've seen this plot before.

"Autofac" - The survivors of a nuclear apocalypse are trying to rebuild
civilization, but there attempts are hampered by a giant automated,
heavily defended factory that continues to manufacture useless consumer
goods and deliver them via drones. After hacking into the customer
service system and filing a complaint, the autofac sends a
representative to talk to them. This was a surprisingly good episode
that I would love to discuss but can't due to *massive spoilers*.

"Human Is" - Bryan Cranston stars as a soldier in the future who goes on
a mission to an alien planet and comes back a seemingly changed man.
anim8rfsk
2018-01-13 23:24:04 UTC
"Autofac" - The survivors of a nuclear apocalypse are trying to rebuild
civilization, but there attempts are hampered by a giant automated,
heavily defended factory that continues to manufacture useless consumer
goods and deliver them via drones. After hacking into the customer
service system and filing a complaint, the autofac sends a
representative to talk to them. This was a surprisingly good episode
that I would love to discuss but can't due to *massive spoilers*.
Where is this shown?
Connor
Amazon.
Micky DuPree
2018-01-28 04:45:48 UTC
The Magicians (recorded) - "The Tales of the Seven Keys". Decent (and
generally amusing) start to season #3 - I especially like the
conversaion Eliot and Margo had that consisted of coded
television/movie references.
Me too!
"Me too!" It was like the Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra edition of Trivial
Pursuit. Full of geek charm.

-Micky
Connor
2018-01-13 18:40:17 UTC
Damnation (didnt get to it on Thursday). Somebody found out that something wasn't true. The good guys are in trouble but if the show was renewed I guess they'll survive. Well at least the two main ones. Next week is season finale.
icebreaker
2018-01-13 19:24:09 UTC
MacGyver (CBS) -- Jack goes to his high school reunion to face his
nemesis. Aussie Chyck makes a skype appearance and says she's headed
back down under for rehab. Phoenix has entered a drone tank/assault
vehicle competition, but before the trials start, one designed by one
of Mac's former girlfriends (Ashley Tinsdale) goes rogue destroying
all the others and heading for the Pentagon.

Blue Bloods (CBS) -- Jamie and Eddie get suspended when they defy a
dickhead captain's order to stand down when he orders his troops to
draw down on a mentally disadvantaged man they know who has taken a
squad car. They do get to flirt some more in their down time as well
as talk to the Explorer Scout Troop to entice some more into the
brotherhood. Nicki also decides to join the brotherhood about which
Erin isn't happy. We learn Erin had her Mom protest against her
joining up to keep from disappointing Frank and her brothers. Anthony
takes a bullet at a massage parlor when looking for a case witness.
Danny and Baez investigate while NYPD's version of IA investigates
Anthony for corruption, assuming he was up to no good at the parlor.

Agents of SHIELD (ABC) -- The Team finally is able to reunite after
some additional difficulties.
David Barnett
2018-01-13 22:11:43 UTC
On Friday January 12 I watched:

12 MONKEYS: Mother (seen before, no CC)
Our Syfy is encoring this Season 3,
unfortunately without CC.
I had seen this episode from another source, again without CC,
& so only understood about half of it.
This time I downloaded subtitles from another program.
A pity I can't synthesize the two.

The Adjustment Bureau (2010)
This movie stars Matt Damon & Emily Blunt.
I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't Science Fantasy.
I read the imdb page on it, but it didn't answer my question as to whether
the members of the Bureau might be Angels.
I don't think I've read the Philip K. Dick story.

Anyway I liked it.
David Barnett
anim8rfsk
Jim G.
2018-01-16 20:03:20 UTC
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. / 5x07 / Together or Not at All

[Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree
warrior bent on killing them all.]

Another solid outing as we learn that Jemma didn't actually kill anyone
last week after all. Was that intentional, or is she just incompetent?
I'm gonna go with the latter for now. No matter. The best part of this
one is that Sinara survived her own ordeal and actually gets lines of
dialogue here to complement that smokin' blue hawtness that already had
me content to just watch her slinking around a room on a regular basis.
At this point, I look forward to seeing her complete the job that Jemma
so spectacularly fumbled. Elsewhere, Mack and Fitz both continue to be
extremely entertaining.

Grade: B+
"Captain, respectfully submit that the attractiveness of the ship's
occupant makes the rescue imperative." -- Lt. Gordon Malloy, THE ORVILLE
anim8rfsk
2018-01-16 20:33:17 UTC
Post by Jim G.
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. / 5x07 / Together or Not at All
[Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree
warrior bent on killing them all.]
Another solid outing as we learn that Jemma didn't actually kill anyone
last week after all. Was that intentional, or is she just incompetent?
I didn't understand that at all. I thought she cut his throat. She
just slashed his cheek? Why? WTF?
Post by Jim G.
I'm gonna go with the latter for now. No matter. The best part of this
one is that Sinara survived her own ordeal and actually gets lines of
dialogue here to complement that smokin' blue hawtness that already had
me content to just watch her slinking around a room on a regular basis.
Yeah. I'm scared to see what she looks like in real life; it might just
be the blue makeup talking.

So she's blue on The Expanse too?
http://ancensored.com/files/images/vthumbs/f/087c6215bff328e0a0ee55b9fe2a
3822_full.jpg

Hey, did you notice the Kree bleed red and then the leftover blood on
your clothes is blue?
Post by Jim G.
At this point, I look forward to seeing her complete the job that Jemma
so spectacularly fumbled. Elsewhere, Mack and Fitz both continue to be
extremely entertaining.
Yeah, but ... I'm sorry, fuck the kid. Fuck helping him. Your mission
is to UNDO THIS REALITY. Nothing they do, no sacrifice will matter if
you succeed because NONE OF THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN. The kid is a cypher;
no more than a shadow in a video game. He'll never be born, and, if he
is, it won't be into this world. STAY ON TARGET.

Now, I know Joss Whedon is intentionally uneducated, and we're dealing
with his lesser relatives here but that hunk of Earth has a fucking
biosphere? An atmosphere with clouds? Survivors!?!?!? This is
actually stupider than Firefly's "a whole galaxy of new Earths"
Post by Jim G.
Grade: B+
Jim G.
2018-01-17 22:11:59 UTC
Post by Jim G.
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. / 5x07 / Together or Not at All
[Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree
warrior bent on killing them all.]
Another solid outing as we learn that Jemma didn't actually kill anyone
last week after all. Was that intentional, or is she just incompetent?
I didn't understand that at all. I thought she cut his throat. She
just slashed his cheek? Why? WTF?
Yeah, I had to rewatch it for myself. She pulled back his head, exposing
his neck, and then...cut his cheek?
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
I'm gonna go with the latter for now. No matter. The best part of this
one is that Sinara survived her own ordeal and actually gets lines of
dialogue here to complement that smokin' blue hawtness that already had
me content to just watch her slinking around a room on a regular basis.
Yeah. I'm scared to see what she looks like in real life; it might just
be the blue makeup talking.
So she's blue on The Expanse too?
http://ancensored.com/files/images/vthumbs/f/087c6215bff328e0a0ee55b9fe2a
3822_full.jpg
She has fantastic facial bone structure, giving her an advantage that
all of the makeup in the world will not give to some other women.
Post by anim8rfsk
Hey, did you notice the Kree bleed red and then the leftover blood on
your clothes is blue?
Haven't they always bled blue on this show?
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
At this point, I look forward to seeing her complete the job that Jemma
so spectacularly fumbled. Elsewhere, Mack and Fitz both continue to be
extremely entertaining.
Yeah, but ... I'm sorry, fuck the kid. Fuck helping him. Your mission
is to UNDO THIS REALITY. Nothing they do, no sacrifice will matter if
you succeed because NONE OF THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN.
Yep. The whole time travel thing has bitten another set of writers in
the backside. Either that or they're writing for an audience that is
seeing its first exposure to the concept of time travel...
Post by anim8rfsk
The kid is a cypher;
no more than a shadow in a video game. He'll never be born, and, if he
is, it won't be into this world. STAY ON TARGET.
Yep. Butbutbutbut...DRAMA!
Post by anim8rfsk
Now, I know Joss Whedon is intentionally uneducated, and we're dealing
with his lesser relatives here but that hunk of Earth has a fucking
biosphere? An atmosphere with clouds? Survivors!?!?!? This is
actually stupider than Firefly's "a whole galaxy of new Earths"
Don't overthink it. :)
~consul
2018-02-14 19:34:01 UTC
Post by Jim G.
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. / 5x07 / Together or Not at All
[Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree
warrior bent on killing them all.]
Another solid outing as we learn that Jemma didn't actually kill anyone
last week after all. Was that intentional, or is she just incompetent?
I didn't understand that at all. I thought she cut his throat. She
just slashed his cheek? Why? WTF?
His fetish with the humans was that they are perfect/unblemished. So
any sort of scarring or marring is "worse than death"?
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here,
at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul
Jim G.
2018-02-15 22:06:10 UTC
Post by ~consul
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. / 5x07 / Together or Not at All
[Just as the team reunites, they become prey to an undefeated Kree
warrior bent on killing them all.]
Another solid outing as we learn that Jemma didn't actually kill anyone
last week after all. Was that intentional, or is she just incompetent?
I didn't understand that at all. I thought she cut his throat. She
just slashed his cheek? Why? WTF?
His fetish with the humans was that they are perfect/unblemished. So
any sort of scarring or marring is "worse than death"?
Ah. Nice catch. That would explain things.