[OT] Weird crime in movie theatre
2019-10-07 16:18:49 UTC
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/suspect-sprayed-noxious-substance-on-theatre-goers-in-kitchener-and-whitby-police-say-1.5310958

I'm trying to imagine why someone would do such a thing but I can't
think of anything but mental illness. Or maybe some kind of political
protest since the film is a fictionalized story based on an individual
in British India who apparently protested the British two centuries ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sye_Raa_Narasimha_Reddy

I know some cultures hold grudges a very long time so maybe the guy that
did the spraying thought it made sense to spray the distant descendants
of people who'd participated in the events depicted in the film, even
though they were half a world away and two centuries after the fact??
2019-10-07 16:23:09 UTC
[...]
The Mace Amendment: The right to bear spray...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
anim8rfsk
2019-10-07 16:32:50 UTC
[OT] Weird crime in movie theatre
October 7, 2019 at 9:18:49 AM MST
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/suspect-sprayed-noxious-subs
tance-on-theatre-goers-in-kitchener-and-whitby-police-say-1.5310958
I'm trying to imagine why someone would do such a thing
Pissed off that they won't sell him a ticket if he doesn't have a date?
2019-10-09 00:00:53 UTC
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kitchener-waterloo/suspect-sprayed-
noxious-substance-on-theatre-goers-in-kitchener-and-whitby-police-say-
1.5310958
I'm trying to imagine why someone would do such a thing
Pissed off that they won't sell him a ticket if he doesn't have a date?
No, he's prejudice against the theater goers who were dating bears.
Do you mean a power-bottom?
--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
Ed Stasiak
2019-10-07 17:45:20 UTC
That’d be my guess.
h***@bbs.cpcn.com
2019-10-07 18:22:35 UTC
You answered your own question.
Ubiquitous
2019-10-08 23:58:06 UTC
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.
Are you sure it wasn't Axe Body Spray?
Rhino
2019-10-09 00:05:37 UTC
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.
Are you sure it wasn't Axe Body Spray?
I don't think they had any forensic chemists on the scene to verify what
it was.
2019-10-09 00:32:58 UTC
I just saw an odd story. This past Friday, somebody went into a movie
theatre here in southern Ontario during a midday showing of a film from
India and sprayed customers with "a noxious substance" - believed to be
bear spray - then drove two hours east through heavy traffic and did it
again in another movie theatre.
Are you sure it wasn't Axe Body Spray?
I don't think they had any forensic chemists on the scene to verify what
it was.
Well, the article said "noxious substance"...