Today's premieres and other notes (Saturday, Nov. 21)
Add Reply
Robin Miller
2020-11-21 20:09:35 UTC
Pretty Cheaters, Deadly Lies (movie) (8 pm, LMN)

After being tricked into a compromising situation by her cousin Madison,
Hanna, a high school senior thinks she can stop her cousin’s blackmail
scheme by taking her college entrance exam for her. But nothing is
enough for Madison and her plans soon become deadly. Kate Drummond,
Sydney Meyer, Keara Graves and Sebastien Roberts star. (2020)

http://reeloneent.com/programming/pretty-cheaters-deadly-lies/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11656128/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/pretty-cheaters-deadly-lies

Feliz NaviDAD (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

David Morales (Mario Lopez), an Arizona high school principal and single
dad, has lost the holiday spirit after also losing his wife a few years
ago during the Christmas season. Now, David will do anything to avoid
Christmas so he moonlights as a delivery driver during the holidays. But
this year David’s 14-year-old daughter, Noel (Paulina Chavez), and his
live-in sister, Marissa (Marycarmen Lopez), are determined to bring the
yuletide spirit back to the family and, with a little luck, also help
David find love again via online dating. So when Sophie (AnnaLynne
McCord), a witty musician and customer on David’s delivery route, swipes
right on him, something magical happens between them.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11192852/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/feliz-navidad

A Nashville Christmas Carol (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

A television producer is forced to work with the man who broke her heart
on a country music Christmas special while being interrupted by
Christmas spirits determined for her to revisit her past. Starring Jessy
Schram and Wes Brown.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13341432/

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-nashville-christmas-carol

Between the World and Me (special) (8 pm, HBO)

In 2018, the massively acclaimed best-seller by Ta-Nehisi Coates, in
which he explores America's racist underpinnings through the prism of
his own life, was adapted into a stage show at the Apollo Theater. For
its jump to television—and dictated in part by covid
restrictions—portions of that production will be combined with
documentary and archival footage as well as new animation. HBO has also
gathered an impressive cast that includes (among many others) Mahershala
Ali, Angela Bassett, Oprah Winfrey, Phylicia Rashad, MJ Rodriguez,
Jharrel Jerome, Janet Mock, Wendell Pierce, T.I., Courtney B. Vance,
activist Angela Davis, and Coates himself.

The Angel Tree (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)

A writer seeks the identity of the person who helps grant wishes that
are placed upon The Angel Tree, and in the process, reconnects with her
childhood friend. Starring Jill Wagner and Lucas Bryant.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11348926/

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/the-angel-tree

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square (movie) (3:01 am,
Netflix)

Debbie Allen directs the latest chapter in the Parton Cinematic
Universe. Parton stars alongside Christine Baranski and Treat Williams
in the holiday musical, which includes 14 original songs by the country
legend.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/dolly-partons-christmas-on-the-square

Homemade Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Every year, Megan (Michelle Argyris), an ambitious young woman uses the
weeks leading up to Christmas to become the ultimate holiday freelance
assistant for hire, helping with any Christmas-related tasks for extra
income. But when the opportunity arrives to save a Christmas party and
dazzle her crush, she must choose between the man of her aspirations and
Mr. Right.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13189624/

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/homemade-christmas

The Christmas House (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)

Working through some difficult decisions, Mitchell family matriarch
Phylis and patriarch Bill, have summoned their two grown sons – TV star,
Mike Mitchell and Brandon Mitchell – home for the holidays. It is their
hope that bringing the family together to recreate the Christmas house,
will help them find resolution and make a memorable holiday for the
entire family and community. As Brandon and his husband Jake make the
trip home, they are anxiously awaiting a call about the adoption of
their first child. Meanwhile, Mike reconnects with Andi, his high school
sweetheart. Starring Robert Buckley, Ana Ayora, Treat Williams, Sharon
Lawrence, Jonathan Bennett, Brad Harder, and Mattia Castrillo.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13430054/

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/the-christmas-house

2020 American Music Awards (live event) (8-11 pm, ABC)

Taraji P. Henson hosts.

The Trouble with Maggie Cole (season 1 finale) (8 pm, PBS)

Fear the Walking Dead (season 6 fall finale) (9 pm, AMC)

Belushi (documentary) (9 pm, Showtime)

A feature documentary from award-winning filmmaker R.J. Cutler about the
too-short life of John Belushi, the once-in-a-generation talent who
captured the hearts and funny-bones of audiences worldwide.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/belushi [score 71]

Masters of Flip (season 4 premiere) (9 pm, HGTV)

The Outpost (new time slot) (9 pm, CW)

Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)

A Godwink Christmas: Second Chance, First Love (movie) (10
pm, Hallmark M&M(

After 15 years, Pat moves home from Hawaii with his two sons and through
a series of coincidences, or Godwinks, ends up stuck in traffic next to
his high school sweetheart, Margie at Christmas. Starring Brooke D’Orsay
and Sam Page.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13341848/

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/a-godwink-christmas-second-chance-first-love/about-a-godwink-christmas-second-chance-first-love

Buddy vs. Christmas [new] (10 pm, Food Network)

Buddy Valastro goes head-to-head with the greatest non-cake artists in
the new elaborate Christmas-themed competition series, Buddy vs.
Christmas. Buddy's skills will be tested as he goes up against an
award-winning scenic designer, a glassblower, an animatronics expert and
more. The one that conquers Christmas with their design will be crowned
winner by cartoonist and comedian Jason Chatfield and lifestyle blogger
Courtney Quin.

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2020-11-21 20:28:43 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Pretty Cheaters, Deadly Lies (movie) (8 pm, LMN)
After being tricked into a compromising situation by her cousin
Madison, Hanna, a high school senior thinks she can stop her cousin’s
blackmail scheme by taking her college entrance exam for her. But
nothing is enough for Madison and her plans soon become deadly. Kate
Drummond, Sydney Meyer, Keara Graves and Sebastien Roberts star. (2020)
Yep!
Post by Robin Miller
Feliz NaviDAD (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
David Morales (Mario Lopez), an Arizona high school principal and
single dad, has lost the holiday spirit after also losing his wife a
few years ago during the Christmas season. Now, David will do anything
to avoid Christmas so he moonlights as a delivery driver during the
holidays. But this year David’s 14-year-old daughter, Noel (Paulina
Chavez), and his live-in sister, Marissa (Marycarmen Lopez), are
determined to bring the yuletide spirit back to the family and, with a
little luck, also help David find love again via online dating. So when
Sophie (AnnaLynne McCord), a witty musician and customer on David’s
delivery route, swipes right on him, something magical happens between
them.
Nope!
Post by Robin Miller
A Nashville Christmas Carol (movie) (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
A television producer is forced to work with the man who broke her
heart on a country music Christmas special while being interrupted by
Christmas spirits determined for her to revisit her past. Starring
Jessy Schram and Wes Brown.
Oh, Hell, NO!!!
Post by Robin Miller
The Angel Tree (movie) (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)
A writer seeks the identity of the person who helps grant wishes that
are placed upon The Angel Tree, and in the process, reconnects with her
childhood friend. Starring Jill Wagner and Lucas Bryant.
Maybe... (It's Jill!! afterall!)
Post by Robin Miller
Homemade Christmas (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
Every year, Megan (Michelle Argyris), an ambitious young woman uses the
weeks leading up to Christmas to become the ultimate holiday freelance
assistant for hire, helping with any Christmas-related tasks for extra
income. But when the opportunity arrives to save a Christmas party and
dazzle her crush, she must choose between the man of her aspirations
and Mr. Right.
I dunno... maybe?...
Post by Robin Miller
The Outpost (new time slot) (9 pm, CW)
THE OUTPOST!!!1! :)
Post by Robin Miller
A Godwink Christmas: Second Chance, First Love (movie) (10
pm, Hallmark M&M(
After 15 years, Pat moves home from Hawaii with his two sons and
through a series of coincidences, or Godwinks, ends up stuck in traffic
next to his high school sweetheart, Margie at Christmas. Starring
Brooke D’Orsay and Sam Page.
I like these two, so, maybe...

(The thing is, this year, if I don't catch the first airing, I'm very
likely to catch it later - I still have about 2 more weeks of grading
left (at least!), so I'm not flushing my X-Mas "background" TV movies
any time soon!!...)
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
2020-11-21 21:12:30 UTC
Pretty Cheaters, Deadly Lies     (movie)      (8 pm, LMN)
Sounds like a Pretty Little Liars spinoff.
Feliz NaviDAD     (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
A Nashville Christmas Carol       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
The Angel Tree      (movie)      (10 pm, Hallmark M&M)
Dolly Parton's Christmas on the Square        (movie)       (3:01 am,
Netflix)
Homemade Christmas    (movie)      (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
The Christmas House       (movie)       (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
A Godwink Christmas: Second Chance, First Love       (movie)       (10
pm, Hallmark M&M(
Buddy vs. Christmas        [new]       (10 pm, Food Network)
Its just too early for all this Christmas stuff on TV.
<to be filled in at a later date>
BTR1701
2020-11-21 21:31:30 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?

Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
suzeeq
Mini-series.
BTR1701
2020-11-21 22:19:26 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.

I'm old enough to remember when a TV series had a standard 22-24
episodes per season.
A Friend
2020-11-21 22:43:58 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.
I'm old enough to remember when a TV series had a standard 22-24
episodes per season.
I remember 39 for half-hours. Hour-longs went at least 33. You'd hope
they'd rerun your favorites during the summer, but (as you can see) the
odds were only about 1 in 3.
suzeeq
2020-11-21 22:56:40 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.
I'm old enough to remember when a TV series had a standard 22-24
episodes per season.
I remember 39 for half-hours. Hour-longs went at least 33. You'd hope
they'd rerun your favorites during the summer, but (as you can see) the
odds were only about 1 in 3.
That's why I remember most shows from the 50s and 60s as being half hour
long. We didn't watch too many dramas when I grew up, the variety shows
were an hour, but a lot of them ran as summer filler rather than
networks doing repeats.
moviePig
I remember when shows were 30 minutes and commercials were 30 seconds...
suzeeq
Which planet was that on?
A Friend
2020-11-22 03:07:14 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.
I'm old enough to remember when a TV series had a standard 22-24
episodes per season.
I remember 39 for half-hours. Hour-longs went at least 33. You'd hope
they'd rerun your favorites during the summer, but (as you can see) the
odds were only about 1 in 3.
That's why I remember most shows from the 50s and 60s as being half hour
long. We didn't watch too many dramas when I grew up, the variety shows
were an hour, but a lot of them ran as summer filler rather than
networks doing repeats.
Back in the late '60s there were summer variety fillers that I was very
fond of. Ray Stevens and Steve Allen led two of them.
suzeeq
2020-11-21 22:54:17 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.
The Brits call it a 4 part series, but we conflate that series to
'season'. As does Robin's information source.
Hah, I remember when they were 39 episodes per season.
trotsky
2020-11-22 12:18:30 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Robin Miller
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
Mini-series.
But saying it has "seasons" indicates it's being considered a TV series,
which at only four episodes is just nonsense.
I'm old enough to remember when a TV series had a standard 22-24
episodes per season.
Your monumental ignorance is showing again. Here's the show I'm
currently watching:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2701582/

And many, even stupid fucks like you, are familiar with Idris Elba's
"Luther". But if they're American series they're supposed to have a
certain number of eps. per season as "mandated" by you? Laughable at best.
trotsky
And yet the Brits do this all the time. Holy balls are you stupid.
Connor
2020-11-23 17:15:39 UTC
Roadkill (season 1 finale) (9 pm, PBS)
There are only four episodes of this?
Come on, this is a TV movie or a mini-series at best. Calling it a TV
series is ridiculous.
And yet the Brits do this all the time. Holy balls are you stupid.
Yes many UK series. Sherlock, Endeavor, Foyle's War...lots of great shows! They go on for years but only have a few eps every year. Better than going on and on with eps till nobody cares any more.