What Did You Watch? 2021-10-19 (Tuesday)
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC

DARK SHADOWS:
(1228) Dahne Harridge Collins spies her husband Bramwell passionately
embracing her sister Catherine.

DARK SHADOWS:
(1229) A possessed Morgan Collins attempts to strangle Julia Collins while
calling her by the name of Constance.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Welcome to Rachella". Schwartz tries to regain his confidence at Lala and
Randall's pickleball tournament. Sandoval and James surprise the group with
an elaborate music festival at Coachella, but James saves the biggest
surprise for Raquel.

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Palm Springs and Tiffany Rings". Sandoval goes the extra mile to help
Schwartz produce his fertility specimen, while Lala expresses concerns to
Scheana over Brock's sordid past. James and Raquel host a family engagement
dinner, but Raquel's sister worries Raquel will spend her life fixing James's
problems. And when Lisa inquires about Katie's role in the Toms' new
business, an explosive argument erupts between Sandoval and Katie, leaving
Schwartz torn between his wife and his best friend.

Trump won.
Ian J. Ball
2021-10-20 12:52:27 UTC
On my "short" workday of the week, I finally got through "Luficer"!:

Lost & Found Music Studios (Netflix) - Ep's #2.3-2.6 (ep's #17-20).
The show feels like it's losing momentum again. It has a few
interesting storylines, but is wasting time by focusing more on the
uninteresting ones - Exhibit A: the John and Michelle from The Next
Step "romance", which I view as a major network timekiller.
Among the good storylines - Eva's strict (religious?) mom threatens
to pull Eva out of the studio, for being a "bad influence", but thinks
better of it when Mr. T the studio owner is emphatic that Eva has
actual talent. Eva is then mostly shoved in the background for ep's
#2.4-2.6.
The best of these ep's was #2.4:
Ep. #2.4 sees Clara acting bizarrely (and ultimately
self-destructively) again, and now I am thinking that they are actually
writing her as bipolar. Clara is then mostly forgotten about in ep's
#2.5-2.6.
Also in ep. #2.4, Luke, the band's lead singer, gives an interview
to Annabelle's vlog, but trashes everyone on the band's advice to be
"controversial". In his follow-up apology interview, Annabelle gets him
to admit that he has a reciprocal crush on crazy Leia, but then really
cruelly shuts Leia down when she follows up on his admission. But Leia
is then shoved in the background in ep's #2.5-2.6 as well.
Meanwhile, Rachel, Leia's bestie, gets interest from a record label,
but they want her to sell out, and when she refuses they mothball her
song. Later, Rachel's secret admirer is exposed to be Nate, the newbie
the show has mostly forgotten about, and even here I think he gets all
of one scene. (Meanwhile, still no storyline for original castmember,
Hannah.)
And we're subjected to plenty more of John and Michelle from The
Next Step, and it's mostly yawn-worthy.
Only 7 more episodes to go, but I'm not expecting this to improve
down the stretch!
Then back to "The Next Step" - season #4!!

Lucifer (Netflix) - "Partners 'Til the End" (ep. #6.10), the series finale.
This was, I guess, a decent wrap up to the series in that they
pretty much wrap up everyone's storyline, including Dan who gets to
hang out with Charlotte in Heaven.
In the end, though, I feel like season #6 was largely weak and
superfluous (the season #5 finale would have worked as a solid series
finale), and I'm not sure I bought Lucifer's ultimate "role" - though I
did like Amenadiel becoming "God": that seemed to be his ultimate
character arc from Day One. I guess the one thing I did like about
season #6 was Brianna Hildebrand as Rory. But the show just seemed
"off" in its final season, having abandoned its "case of the week"
format, and never felt like it found its footing.
I am now done with "Lucifer"! I can get back to "Ordinary Joe",
"SEAL Team", and maybe "La Brea".

soaps: DOOL - Mon's and Tues' ep's. The Devil has won! and has "merged"
with Marlena!! (Whatever the heck that means!!) But John, and even
Kayla, and Johnny perhaps! are getting suspicious! Anyway, "Marlena"
gives Johnny's possession movie the green light. Meanwhile, more junk
with Chloe, Brady, and Philip. And Gwen is cellmates with Bonnie! while
Justin is cellmates with Xander! Old Man Kirakis tries to negotiate
Justin's and Xander's release with DA Trask. Sidenote: Old Man Aniston,
who plays Old Man Kirakis, is starting to look (and sound) quite frail
these days... :(
GH - Tues' ep. OK, that makes sense - they "faked us out" with Drew,
but not with Valentin, who actually was shot and was gravely wounded.
Meanwhile, I guess Drew is still "programmed" by Peter August (or is
Drew just faking for now?), and was wearing a kevlar vest. Peter makes
off with an unconscious Obrecht as well. Meanwhile, Sam, Dante, Anna
and Robert take custody of Victor Cassidine, and search for Peter and
Obrecht, while trying to get Valentin medical care. And Britt & Jason,
and Nikolas, separately find out what Victor Cassidine has been up to.

Recorded for later: Stargirl.
2021-10-20 15:56:11 UTC
Recorded for later: Stargirl.
I think you misspelled \S/tupidgirl!

I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.

Doctor Who ‘s crack in time continues to dump everybody Natalie Z has slept
with from the sky. We get to see the one-man rescue craft (I don’t think
they understand what rescue means) get dumped through and crash land with
the pilot who Natalie Z slept with at the cost of her daughter’s leg having
to bail out while the craft lands itself softly and upright even though it
only has one engine. I’m not sure if this goes to explain why the people
that fell through the crack weren’t killed or not.

They continue to say both 10,000 BC and 12,000 years ago. I’m not sure if
they’re trying to confuse or clarify.

One thing you can say about the show is that it moves right along. They
killed another survivor. The husband instantly got a psychic vision of the
pilot that Natalie Z slept with being united with Natalie Z whom the
husband has also slept with. I am not sure why exactly they instantly
believed him since he knew about the mission and recommended the guy for
the mission and that happens to be his wife and his best friend so he sort
of knew everything in advance.

The chief scientist of homeland security (snicker) decided that since the
rescue craft disappeared into the crack in time which they consider a
failure even though that’s what it was supposed to do she’ll take the day
off and spend it with her diverse lesbian girlfriend celebrating their
bi-racial romance. The diverse lesbian girlfriend also happens to have
built the only duplicate of the rescue craft in the world and has already
fixed it so it won’t crash like the first one even though this is like two
hours later. Of course the only one in the world who can fly it is Natalie
Z‘s husband who she has slept with but not in a while. Sending him through
the crack puts them one step closer to her having a complete collection.

A plucky group of castaways sets out to find the crashed rescue craft. As
they tread through the woods somebody points out the smoke has gone away so
they have no idea where the craft is now. Natalie Z says “all we have to do
is keep walking this way“
In the middle of the woods
Where they can’t see anything
I swear that line was meant to be funny but it turns out she was right.

They come across a big water hole with a giant snake in it and decide to
Ford it instead of walking 50 feet to the right and around it. Because
it’s only 3 feet deep. And has a 50 foot snake in it that grabs you and sex
you under. Yes I see what auto correct did there and I’m just gonna leave
it alone.

They find the pilot who Natalie Z has slept with and his disabled craft but
before they can head back to camp his radar goes off. Natalie Z wonders
who can be sending the signal to his radar.

Blink.

Blink, blink.

That’s the stupidest thing anybody on the show has said since the whole
carbon dating Natalie Z‘s wedding ring debacle last week.

They find a fort of the mushroom people.

And yes that wasn’t nearly as stupid as \S/tupidgirl SG 1.

For some reason stupidgirl spends this entire episode posing with her hands
on her hips.

So Nxy makes a nightmare monster. I don’t know why it’s a nightmare Monster
except Kara says it is. Kara calls in that it’s headed for “a nuclear power
plant“ which is smack right in the middle of national city because nuclear
power doesn’t have the oomph to go anywhere. Just ask President Santos.
Also this seems to mean that national city has more than one nuclear plant
which is sort of frightening in and of it’s self. You think you’d call it
by name so the rest of the super friends would know where you were.

Anyway so to stop it they put an impenetrable force bubble around the
monster and a huge section of the city keeping it from walking the last 20
feet to the nuclear plant. You’d think they’d have just put the force
bubble around the nuclear plant itself but no.

The nightmare monster instantly disappears. They decide that it must have
the ability to become invisible and intangible and completely undetectable
in all ways and not that it just teleported or maybe went home.

The massively incompetent Hispanic female governor of California tells them
to get rid of the force field knowing full well that that means the
nightmare monster will attack the nuclear plant and kill everybody for
miles around. For some reason the super friends feel obligated to obey her
and not tell her to just go fuck herself.

Saving the world is getting in the way of Kara’s stupid job at CatCo so she
finally quits leaving only her boss and the one other employee working
there and he’s imbedded with the super friends.

The force field comes down (although it didn’t seem like the super friends
did it). The super friends put up a portal for the nightmare monster to go
through but the incompetent Hispanic female governor of California orders
her attack helicopters (she has her own military?) to shoot at the thing
luring it the wrong way. They finally manage to push it through.

Adding to the big stupid they begin the episode by Nxy saying that Kara
destroyed the hope totem so she can never complete the allstone and her
evil plan to rule the universe but halfway into the episode she’s back to
trying to find the other totems and they’ve completely forgotten that she
said that won’t work anymore.

The shocking end is that Lex Luthor pops up and is now going to help Nxy.

The one saving grace of the episode is that plastic helmet dreadlocks girl
took annoying alien daughter to visit Jimmy Olson so neither appears at
all.

Da Flash

I haven’t watched this since they fired the Enlongnated Man for having said
a word they didn’t like 20 years ago. I decided to take a look at the most
recent two episodes, the end of last season, to see if I wanted to watch
the final season when they actually finally get the costume right.

This wasn’t bad at all although they could’ve done it in one hour if they
just cut the moping scenes.

After a lot of lipservice as to why Iris wouldn’t be in the episode (yay!)
She just suddenly appears and says somebody figured out how she could
appear once in a while. And for some reason she now has a chubby costume. I
have no idea why, I thought she just sat back there watching the monitors.

I have no idea what the hell was going on but they brought in everybody
including John Wesley Ship as Jay Garrick and the speed force personified
as Barry‘s mother and Barry‘s grandkids from 2049 and even Edward Thawne in
the form of HG Wells and Cisco and they were all there at the end of the
episode so there’s a big old gang of them ready for next season. Everybody
but Wally which is fine with me. Oh and they’ve got two Frosts now which
Ian should like. And they might be dating. I told the majik DVR to record
all new HD episodes.

2021-10-20 18:43:32 UTC
[...]
I forgot the best part. Stupidfull Dreamer’s sister actually screamed at
her “you’re not even a real woman!”

Wow

2021-10-21 01:50:21 UTC
I forgot the best part. Stupidfull Dreamer's sister actually screamed at
her "you're not even a real woman!".
Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!!
They even mentioned it again at the end.

What they never did mention is that it’s true.
2021-10-21 02:55:30 UTC
I forgot the best part. Stupidfull Dreamer's sister actually screamed
at her "you're not even a real woman!".
Don't make me Troll-O-Meter you, bro!!
They even mentioned it again at the end.
Oh, you're really trying my limits! LOL
Post by anim8rfsk
What they never did mention is that it's true.
I'm shocked it was said in the first place.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 03:38:56 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
What they never did mention is that it's true.
I'm shocked it was said in the first place.

At the one minute and 20 second mark
Let's go Brandon!
2021-10-21 10:58:50 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
What they never did mention is that it's true.
I'm shocked it was said in the first place.
http://youtu.be/s9JqbCH4aVw
At the one minute and 20 second mark
Why is Martian Manhunter dressed like a cowboy and why is Supergirl having
sex with him? :-\

Let's go Brandon!
Ubiquitous
2021-10-20 19:36:41 UTC
[...]
Wimp! Superman never had to give up his job.
Now that I think about it, I have *never* heard of a hero quitting his day job
b4.
The force field comes down (although it didn't seem like the super friends
did it). The super friends put up a portal for the nightmare monster to go
through but the incompetent Hispanic female governor of California orders
her attack helicopters (she has her own military?) to shoot at the thing
luring it the wrong way. They finally manage to push it through.
Wait, so they were right about the "nightmare monster" tyurning invisible,
intangible, and undetectable?
Adding to the big stupid they begin the episode by Nxy saying that Kara
destroyed the hope totem so she can never complete the allstone and her
evil plan to rule the universe but halfway into the episode she's back to
trying to find the other totems and they've completely forgotten that she
said that won't work anymore.
The shocking end is that Lex Luthor pops up and is now going to help Nxy.
The one saving grace of the episode is that plastic helmet dreadlocks girl
took annoying alien daughter to visit Jimmy Olson so neither appears at
all.
Wait, so the perpetually whining useless Dreamer didn't stop the "Nightmare
Monster", which, hellllo, dreams?
--
"Two-hundred twenty-thousand Americans dead. Anyone who's responsible
for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United

314,129 Americans have died from COVID-19 since President Joe Biden took office.
https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/biden-covid-death-tracker/
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 01:50:20 UTC
[...]
Hmmm. Phil Spiderman must have at some point.
The current stupid man got fired causing his wife to quit.
Hey, Barry Allen, the current TV flash, I don’t think he works for the
police anymore.
I can think of a lot of them that lost their jobs but actually quitting is
more difficult.
Oh, daredevil certainly has, probably more than once.
The silver surfer! He quit his job big time.
Post by Ubiquitous
The force field comes down (although it didn’t seem like the super friends
did it). The super friends put up a portal for the nightmare monster to go
through but the incompetent Hispanic female governor of California orders
her attack helicopters (she has her own military?) to shoot at the thing
luring it the wrong way. They finally manage to push it through.
Wait, so they were right about the "nightmare monster" tyurning invisible,
intangible, and undetectable?
I guess. Or he just went home for lunch and came back when he could.
Post by Ubiquitous
Adding to the big stupid they begin the episode by Nxy saying that Kara
destroyed the hope totem so she can never complete the allstone and her
evil plan to rule the universe but halfway into the episode she's back to
trying to find the other totems and they've completely forgotten that she
said that won't work anymore.
The shocking end is that Lex Luthor pops up and is now going to help Nxy.
The one saving grace of the episode is that plastic helmet dreadlocks girl
took annoying alien daughter to visit Jimmy Olson so neither appears at
all.
Wait, so the perpetually whining useless Dreamer didn't stop the "Nightmare
Monster", which, hellllo, dreams?
You’d think, wouldn’t you? She spent the episode in the dream world which I
swear it looks like a leftover limbo set from lost in space with her sister
and they didn’t even kill Betty Buckley again.

2021-10-21 11:07:16 UTC
[...]
I meant "I have never heard of a superhero quitting his day job because he
couldn't handle doing it and saving the world".
Post by anim8rfsk
did it). The super friends put up a portal for the nightmare monster to go
through but the incompetent Hispanic female governor of California orders
her attack helicopters (she has her own military?) to shoot at the thing
luring it the wrong way. They finally manage to push it through.
Wait, so they were right about the "nightmare monster" tyurning invisible,
intangible, and undetectable?
I guess. Or he just went home for lunch and came back when he could.
DAMN YOU JIMMY'S JOHN'S! I hate labor unions!
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
Ugh, I just can't, as tempted as I am to see Dreamer's sister truth-telling.

Let's go Brandon.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 15:53:55 UTC
[...]
CW Barry Allen and the silver surfer fit that description. Especially the
silver surfer.
Wait, so the perpetually whining useless Dreamer didn't stop the "Nightmare
Monster", which, hellllo, dreams?
You'd think, wouldn't you? She spent the episode in the dream world which I
swear it looks like a leftover limbo set from lost in space with her sister
and they didn't even kill Betty Buckley again.
Ugh, I just can't, as tempted as I am to see Dreamer's sister truth-telling.
Plus they made her apologize. Although she didn’t take it back or say she
was wrong. Just that she was sorry for being mean.
Post by Ubiquitous
—> Let’’ go Brandon.

2021-10-21 17:49:15 UTC
[...]
The Silver Surfer didn't quit his job. Galactis made him his herald and then took him with him.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 19:45:05 UTC
[...]
His job was Herald of galactose.

He quit when he got to earth and decided he didn’t want to see a blind girl
get eaten.
2021-10-23 07:52:46 UTC
[...]
His job was Herald of Galactus.
He quit when he got to earth and decided he didn't want to see a blind girl
get eaten.
I see where you're coming from. but I wouldn't consider that being the same as
being paid by Catco to write newspaper stories.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2021-10-23 12:50:03 UTC
[...]
Being paid by Catgo means you were hurting a lot more people.

2021-10-21 18:51:42 UTC
I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.
Doctor Who's crack in time continues to dump everybody Natalie Z has slept
with from the sky. We get to see the one-man rescue craft (I don't think
they understand what rescue means)
That plane doesn't seem nearly big enough to take everyone back, even if i
hadn't crashed, so there would have been an interesting debate about who go
go home and who had to stay behind in monster world for the rest of thei
lives.
Post by anim8rfsk
while the craft lands itself softly and upright even though it
only has one engine. I'm not sure if this goes to explain why the people
that fell through the crack weren’t killed or not.
Yeah, I was gonna have real problems with the fact that plane barely suffere
a scratch on crashing into the ground but then I remembered the bus and al
the cars and the people who came through and basically did the same thing, s
I suppose that can be chalked up to whatever magic is at work there.
Post by anim8rfsk
Of course the only one in the world who can fly it is Natalie
Z's husband who she has slept with but not in a while. Sending him through
the crack puts them one step closer to her having a complete collection.
Hehe

I'm waiting for the angsty debate between Dad and Daughter One-Leg abou
whether she's gonna go along with him to the past. I'm sure she'll want to go
and rightly point out that if Dad goes, her whole family will be there whil
she's left alone in the present, but he'll do the typical TV trope "It's to
dangerous blah blah blah" thing, at which point she'll stow away on the plan
anyway.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 19:48:44 UTC
I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.
Doctor Who's crack in time continues to dump everybody Natalie Z has slept
with from the sky. We get to see the one-man rescue craft (I don't think
they understand what rescue means)
That plane doesn't seem nearly big enough to take everyone back, even if it
hadn't crashed, so there would have been an interesting debate about who
got
go home and who had to stay behind in monster world for the rest of
their
lives.
I think we just have to add “rescue” to one of the terms the writers don’t
understand like “Carbon dating” and “radar”.
Post by anim8rfsk
while the craft lands itself softly and upright even though it
only has one engine. I'm not sure if this goes to explain why the people
that fell through the crack weren’t killed or not.
Yeah, I was gonna have real problems with the fact that plane barely suffered
a scratch on crashing into the ground but then I remembered the bus and all
the cars and the people who came through and basically did the same thing,
so
I suppose that can be chalked up to whatever magic is at work there.
But it sure came down fast and hard considering they said that crack was
thousands of feet in the air.
Post by anim8rfsk
Of course the only one in the world who can fly it is Natalie
Z’s husband who she has slept with but not in a while. Sending him through
the crack puts them one step closer to her having a complete collection.
Hehe
I'm waiting for the angsty debate between Dad and Daughter One-Leg about
whether she's gonna go along with him to the past. I'm sure she'll want to
go,
and rightly point out that if Dad goes, her whole family will be there
while
she's left alone in the present, but he'll do the typical TV trope
"It's too
dangerous blah blah blah" thing, at which point she'll stow away on the
plane
anyway.
She can’t travel through time unless they cover the one leg with synthetic
flesh.

2021-10-21 20:07:38 UTC
I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.
Doctor Who's crack in time continues to dump everybody Natalie Z has slept
with from the sky. We get to see the one-man rescue craft (I don't think
they understand what rescue means)
That plane doesn't seem nearly big enough to take everyone back, even if it
hadn't crashed, so there would have been an interesting debate about who
got
go home and who had to stay behind in monster world for the rest of
their
lives.
I think we just have to add “rescue” to one of the terms the writers don’t
understand like “Carbon dating” and “radar”.
I don't have a problem with the size of the plane. They had to design
it so it could fit into whatever size the sinkhole was and luckily
this one is big enough for it fit. If they can make a successful
flight down and back then there's no reason they couldn't make more
than one flight so they can rescue everyone eventually. Of course
there's that risk of the rift closing before they get everyone. Which
is why I would have expected them to be dropping resources down to the
people to help them survive down there just in case they couldn't get
everyone out before the rift closes.
while the craft lands itself softly and upright even though it
only has one engine. I'm not sure if this goes to explain why the people
that fell through the crack weren’t killed or not.
Yeah, I was gonna have real problems with the fact that plane barely suffered
a scratch on crashing into the ground but then I remembered the bus and all
the cars and the people who came through and basically did the same thing,
so
I suppose that can be chalked up to whatever magic is at work there.
But it sure came down fast and hard considering they said that crack was
thousands of feet in the air.
Yeah, the pilot clearly left the plane (how did he get out? Open the
door of the plane as it fell and jumped?) before it crashed so it
shouldn't have been any sort of a controlled crash.
[...]
It's a plastic leg so it may not be an issue. My thinking is it's more
of a problem with electricity but maybe it's anything non-organic that
falls instead of being gracefully placed on the ground. I don't think
we've seen/heard enough to be sure how this magic is working.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-21 21:11:04 UTC
[...]
IIRC the door was open when they found de plane.
2021-10-21 21:27:55 UTC
Of course the only one in the world who can fly it is Natalie
Z's husband who she has slept with but not in a while. Sending him
through the crack puts them one step closer to her having a complete
collection.
Hehe
I'm waiting for the angsty debate between Dad and Daughter One-Leg
about whether she's gonna go along with him to the past. I'm sure
she'll want to go, and rightly point out that if Dad goes, her
whole family will be there while she's left alone in the present,
but he'll do the typical TV trope "It's too dangerous blah blah
blah" thing, at which point she'll stow away on the plane anyway.
She can't travel through time unless they cover the one leg with
synthetic flesh.
It's a plastic leg so it may not be an issue.
He was making a TERMINATOR reference there.
Post by shawn
My thinking is it's more of a problem with electricity but maybe it's
anything non-organic that falls instead of being gracefully placed on
the ground.
The plane's electronics started up just fine. It just wouldn't start
because of engine damage.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-23 13:11:59 UTC
Recorded for later: Stargirl.
I think you misspelled \S/tupidgirl!
I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.
La Brea did have another galactic stupidity. The group is surviving (and
apparently thriving) entirely by eating mushrooms.
Not *entirely*, just that they found another source of food.
Ubiquitous
2021-10-23 14:33:56 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Recorded for later: Stargirl.
I think you misspelled \S/tupidgirl!
I watched both it and La Brea. SG1 was way stupider than La Brea.
La Brea did have another galactic stupidity. The group is surviving
(and apparently thriving) entirely by eating mushrooms.
Not *entirely*, just that they found another source of food.
Yeah, most mushrooms are poisonous, and they're mostly water, so you're
still going to starve if they aren't.

--
Let's go Brandon!