What Kirk had that Picard dind't:
2019-10-08 06:01:20 UTC
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch on "Game of Thrones."
Adam H. Kerman
2019-10-08 06:18:03 UTC
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.

"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.

He didn't get her.

There were so many!

Ryker got more womens than Picard did, but he was kind of a drip, so who
cares. I kind of liked transporter-accident Ryker and it would have been
a better show if he were the character in question.
Ed Stasiak
2019-10-08 11:26:37 UTC
Ryker got more womens than Picard did, but he was kind of a drip, so who cares.
That's because he had the sexy moves.

2019-10-08 13:38:14 UTC
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch
on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
He didn't get her.
There were so many!
Ryker got more womens than Picard did, but he was kind of a drip, so who
cares. I kind of liked transporter-accident Ryker and it would have been
a better show if he were the character in question.
Yeah. Thomas Riker was invented simply to show Frakes that he was
replaceable. But he *was* a lot more interesting. Showed up on Deep Space
Nine, he did.
2019-10-08 14:24:56 UTC
snip
How does Thomas Riker show Frakes he's replaceable?
anim8rfsk
2019-10-08 17:44:36 UTC
snip
Post by anim8rfsk
Yeah. Thomas Riker was invented simply to show Frakes that he was
replaceable. But he *was* a lot more interesting. Showed up on Deep Space
Nine, he did.
How does Thomas Riker show Frakes he's replaceable?
What was it Saavik said in the turbo lift?
2019-10-08 16:14:27 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 06:18:03 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
He didn't get her.
Lee Meriwether wasn't exactly a tough casting call - she had
previously been Adam West's Catwoman and as you would expect looked
super-slinky in that costume.

I remember it well from my early teens!
anim8rfsk
2019-10-08 17:45:44 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
He didn't get her.
Lee Meriwether wasn't exactly a tough casting call - she had
previously been Adam West's Catwoman and as you would expect looked
super-slinky in that costume.
I remember it well from my early teens!
And she did a year on THE TIME TUNNEL.
That was a great disaster from the 60s!
RichA
2019-10-08 20:31:57 UTC
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch
on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
And 20-30 year old males has 40% more testosterone, according to endocrinologists.
Today, some of the men on TV and movies act like they have too much progesterone.
BTR1701
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
anim8rfsk
Jim G.
2019-10-09 02:56:57 UTC
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch
on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
Yeah, you definitely like 'em pocket-sized. I still like (what I
remember of) the tall drink of water living in the sky in a season three
episode.
"I'm really glad we're at this place in our relationship where we can
dig up graves together without having to talk." -- Major Lillywhite, iZOMBIE
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 03:18:55 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch
on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
Yeah, you definitely like 'em pocket-sized. I still like (what I
remember of) the tall drink of water living in the sky in a season three
episode.
This one?
or this one?
Jim G.
2019-10-09 03:56:04 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Women, lots of women. There was a reason Picard looked like the eunuch
on "Game of Thrones."
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
Yeah, you definitely like 'em pocket-sized. I still like (what I
remember of) the tall drink of water living in the sky in a season three
episode.
This one?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/c7/fa/98c7fae6698e403b8699658e109a114a.jpg
or this one?
http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x21hd/thecloudmindershd1522.jpg
The second one. I distinctly recall her figure -- and all of that
wonderful exposed skin -- being what was imprinted on my childhood
brain. Only later did I come to realize that she was pretty cute, too. :)
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 05:00:10 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
[...]
Have you ever seen the blooper reel with her and Nimoy?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 14:27:25 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
[...]
It's this scene:

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/diana-ewing-as-droxine-and-leonard-nimoy-
as-mr-spock-in-the-star-trek-picture-id161629583?s=612x612

They're sitting on a bench, talking. As Diana Ewing reads her lines, Nimoy
calmly and logically sticks his finger in her navel.

Unsure what to do, she continues reading her lines until the crew loses it.

WARNING: Any attempt to Google image "Nimoy Trek Finger Ewing Navel" returns
*very bad pictures*
Good thing Nimoy is dead or Ewing might be #MeTooing him right now!
Adam H. Kerman
2019-10-09 16:54:53 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
[...]
https://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/1364706/1118full-diana-ewing.jpg
Unsure what to do, she continues reading her lines until the crew loses it.
Vulcans are touch telepaths. He was improving his technique.
WARNING: Any attempt to Google image "Nimoy Trek Finger Ewing Navel" returns
*very bad pictures*
I looked and couldn't find the very bad pictures. I guess I'd need to
have your search history.
Dimensional Traveler
2019-10-09 17:09:12 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
[...]
Same here, I just got links about the Vulcan Salute.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
Jim G.
2019-10-10 01:20:21 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
The second one. I distinctly recall her figure -- and all of that
wonderful exposed skin -- being what was imprinted on my childhood
brain. Only later did I come to realize that she was pretty cute, too. :)
Have you ever seen the blooper reel with her and Nimoy?
I haven't.
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/diana-ewing-as-droxine-and-leonard-nimoy-
as-mr-spock-in-the-star-trek-picture-id161629583?s=612x612
They're sitting on a bench, talking. As Diana Ewing reads her lines, Nimoy
calmly and logically sticks his finger in her navel.
... and said, "Fascinating."
Post by anim8rfsk
https://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/1364706/1118full-diana-ewing.jpg
Unsure what to do, she continues reading her lines until the crew loses it.
On the one hand, it sounds relatively harmless, especially by today's
standards. At the same time, though, she was a young actress just
starting out and Nimoy would/should have known that, so he was kinda
being a jackhat here. Obviously the mood on the set and the way that the
two got along overall would play into it, but still...
Post by anim8rfsk
WARNING: Any attempt to Google image "Nimoy Trek Finger Ewing Navel" returns
*very bad pictures*
You probably shouldn't admit that. :)
Jim G.
2019-10-10 01:27:39 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Yeah, you definitely like 'em pocket-sized. I still like (what I
remember of) the tall drink of water living in the sky in a season three
episode.
This one?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/c7/fa/98c7fae6698e403b8699658e109a114a.jpg
or this one?
http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x21hd/thecloudmindershd1522.jpg
The second one. I distinctly recall her figure -- and all of that
wonderful exposed skin -- being what was imprinted on my childhood
brain. Only later did I come to realize that she was pretty cute, too. :)
Have you ever seen the blooper reel with her and Nimoy?
No, but I've already seen your explanation downstream. And video of it
exists somewhere?
anim8rfsk
2019-10-10 01:53:56 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Jim G.
Yeah, you definitely like 'em pocket-sized. I still like (what I
remember of) the tall drink of water living in the sky in a season three
episode.
This one?
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/98/c7/fa/98c7fae6698e403b8699658e109a114a.j
pg
or this one?
http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/3x21hd/thecloudmindershd1522.jpg
The second one. I distinctly recall her figure -- and all of that
wonderful exposed skin -- being what was imprinted on my childhood
brain. Only later did I come to realize that she was pretty cute, too. :)
Have you ever seen the blooper reel with her and Nimoy?
No, but I've already seen your explanation downstream. And video of it
exists somewhere?
Yeah, but I couldn't find specific clips. Probably have to look for "Star
Trek Season 3 Bloopers" and scroll through.

Costume designers got away with anything they wanted, didn't they.
Adam H. Kerman
It was the 1960s! One doesn't preclude the other!
The Horny Goat
2019-10-11 18:56:47 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:37:54 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
It was the 1960s! One doesn't preclude the other!
My main memory of the original Star Trek was that Kirk was trying to
outdo James Bond on a galactic basis.

Which is rather remarkable since a fundamental meme of Star Trek is
that most of the major species are inter-fertile with each other -
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Interfertility was a revolutionary idea back when Spock was
introduced. But LOTS of major ST characters were either genetically
mixed or raised by a species other than their own.

Definitely the stuff of revolution in 1966-67!
BTR1701
2019-10-11 20:21:55 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2019 04:37:54 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
It was the 1960s. The women were really hot.
"That Which Survives" is kind of paint by numbers, but I love it. Lee
Meriwether as the Losira assasin is spectacularly gorgeous and would
have killed Kirk if they'd let her touch him.
I prefer Sherry Jackson in 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?'
It was the 1960s! One doesn't preclude the other!
My main memory of the original Star Trek was that Kirk was trying to
outdo James Bond on a galactic basis.
Which isn't actually true of the show, only of it's reputation.
Post by The Horny Goat
Which is rather remarkable since a fundamental meme of Star Trek is
that most of the major species are inter-fertile with each other -
We have one example in TOS. Spock.
Post by The Horny Goat
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Um ... no. Nothing like that *ever* happened. Assuming you're talking about
Miramanee, she was a descendant of Earth Indians kidnapped by aliens and
replanted elsewhere. That does *not* make her an alien.
Well, it makes her an alien on the planet they dumped her on.
anim8rfsk
I stand corrected. I am un-fanned :)
anim8rfsk
Your Name
2019-10-12 23:41:46 UTC
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Um ... no. Nothing like that *ever* happened. Assuming you're talking about
Miramanee, she was a descendant of Earth Indians kidnapped by aliens and
replanted elsewhere. That does *not* make her an alien.
I stand corrected. I am un-fanned :)
Someone who is interested in farm tractors is a "tractor fan",
so when they lose interest do they become an "ex-tractor fan"? ;-)
A Friend
2019-10-13 03:08:49 UTC
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Um ... no. Nothing like that *ever* happened. Assuming you're talking about
Miramanee, she was a descendant of Earth Indians kidnapped by aliens and
replanted elsewhere. That does *not* make her an alien.
I stand corrected. I am un-fanned :)
If that had been an episode in which Kirk and Spock had come across
another starship captain who'd settled down with a beautiful Indian and
was about to start a family, they'd have left him there in peace. I'm
just sayin'.
Ubiquitous
2019-10-13 14:11:28 UTC
Which is rather remarkable since a fundamental meme of Star Trek is
that most of the major species are inter-fertile with each other -
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Um ... no. Nothing like that *ever* happened. Assuming you're talking about
Miramanee, she was a descendant of Earth Indians kidnapped by aliens and
replanted elsewhere. That does *not* make her an alien.
What, those were transplaneted humans?

I remember them being humanoids that had been placed on different planets
in the distant past, including Earth.
--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
anim8rfsk
2019-10-13 21:08:31 UTC
Which is rather remarkable since a fundamental meme of Star Trek is
that most of the major species are inter-fertile with each other -
which makes it amazing Kirk only impregnated one alien that I recall.
Um ... no. Nothing like that *ever* happened. Assuming you're talking about
Miramanee, she was a descendant of Earth Indians kidnapped by aliens and
replanted elsewhere. That does *not* make her an alien.
What, those were transplaneted humans?
I remember them being humanoids that had been placed on different planets
in the distant past, including Earth.
No. You're probably thinking of some TNG crap.

From THE PARADISE SYNDROME:
They look like I'd swear they're American Indians.
They are, doctor. A mixture of Navajo, Mohican and Delaware, I believe. All
among the more advanced and peaceful tribes.
Yes, the obelisk is a marker, just as I thought. It was left by a super race
known as the Preservers. They passed through the galaxy rescuing primitive
cultures which were in danger of extinction and seeding them, so to speak,
where they could live and grow.
I've always wondered why there were so many humanoids scattered through the
galaxy.
So have I. Apparently, the Preservers account for a number of them.

BTW the Wiki on this is pretty worthless. I blame Ian.
2019-10-15 10:14:13 UTC
[...]
I rememeber the last line vaguely explaining why so many aliens are humanoid,
but the rest doesn't make much sense. Why did no one notice the Preservers
kidnapping native americans en masses in the 19th century?
anim8rfsk
2019-10-15 15:34:30 UTC
[...]
Remember Indians are indigenous to North America. They aren't human, they are
Golums created from mud by their majik JuJu gods like Wonder Woman. So they
might have been here for billions of years. We don't know how long ago the
Preservers grabbed them. Although it is puzzling that Kirk can knock one up.
2019-10-09 08:31:41 UTC
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Your Name
2019-10-09 21:17:05 UTC
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 21:27:51 UTC
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart have to
do?
2019-10-09 22:25:26 UTC
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis?
Not if it ties into the new series.

How much damage does Stewart have to
Post by anim8rfsk
do?
I think the last time I marathoned the Star Trek movies, I skipped
Nemesis. I just couldn't do it. But I am planning on marathoning all
of them again. I made it through 4 so far. I'll be doing the rest.
And this time I'll at least put Nemesis in the player and use it as
background noise.

Perhaps oddly enough, I have zero issue with watching 5 again. Yeah, I
know it's a bad movie, but it's a *fun* bad movie. Nemesis on the other
hand...
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 22:45:38 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
do?
I think the last time I marathoned the Star Trek movies, I skipped
Nemesis. I just couldn't do it. But I am planning on marathoning all
of them again. I made it through 4 so far. I'll be doing the rest.
And this time I'll at least put Nemesis in the player and use it as
background noise.
Perhaps oddly enough, I have zero issue with watching 5 again. Yeah, I
know it's a bad movie, but it's a *fun* bad movie. Nemesis on the other
hand...
I maintain that Nemesis is the worst of all Trek movies.
It had a lot to undercome.
Dimensional Traveler
2019-10-10 00:13:45 UTC
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart have to
do?
Enough to destroy our universe as well as his own.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
Your Name
2019-10-10 00:20:09 UTC
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart have to
do?
When I originally read that rumour I had to do a double-check to make
sure it wasn't the talentless lazy-ass JarJar Abrams in charge of
making the Picard series ... thankfully he isn't, so that gives it a
massive plus point.
anim8rfsk
2019-10-10 01:06:43 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart have to
do?
When I originally read that rumour I had to do a double-check to make
sure it wasn't the talentless lazy-ass JarJar Abrams in charge of
making the Picard series ... thankfully he isn't, so that gives it a
massive plus point.
Not really; the people in charge are worse.
2019-10-11 08:57:32 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Your Name
Post by Ubiquitous
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart
have to do?
When I originally read that rumour I had to do a double-check to make
sure it wasn't the talentless lazy-ass JarJar Abrams in charge of
making the Picard series ... thankfully he isn't, so that gives it a
massive plus point.
Did you triple-check, and then check again?
Ubiquitous
2019-10-11 08:56:09 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Ubiquitous
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Oh, God, can't we forget about Nemesis? How much damage does Stewart
have to do?
Which one is Nemesis?
Is that the one with the vampire(Noserfatu) Romulans?
Ubiquitous
anim8rfsk
anim8rfsk
2019-10-11 15:48:04 UTC
Post by Your Name
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Whut?
He's talking about the worst of all Star Trek films, Nemesis. DON'T MAKE HIM
SAY IT AGAIN.
2019-10-11 17:56:21 UTC
Post by Your Name
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Whut?
He's talking about the worst of all Star Trek films, Nemesis. DON'T MAKE HIM
SAY IT AGAIN.
Hell, I'm having trouble parsing what he wrote!

The Romulans made a female clone of Locutious?
anim8rfsk
2019-10-11 19:27:08 UTC
Post by Your Name
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Whut?
He's talking about the worst of all Star Trek films, Nemesis. DON'T MAKE HIM
SAY IT AGAIN.
Hell, I'm having trouble parsing what he wrote!
The Romulans made a female clone of Locutious?
It sounds like the stupid vampire clone of Picard, that looked nothing like
him, had a daughter, and the Borg got her.
2019-10-12 00:01:33 UTC
Post by Your Name
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Whut?
He's talking about the worst of all Star Trek films, Nemesis. DON'T MAKE HIM
SAY IT AGAIN.
Hell, I'm having trouble parsing what he wrote!
The Romulans made a female clone of Locutious?
It sounds like the stupid vampire clone of Picard, that looked nothing like
him, had a daughter, and the Borg got her.
That has to be one of the least convoluted origins in science fiction in
a while.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
anim8rfsk
Your Name
2019-10-11 21:22:09 UTC
Post by Your Name
Rumour is that the girl in the new Picard series is his daughter ...
according to one rumour, she's the Borg-daughter of Picard made by the
Romulans.
Whut?
He's talking about the worst of all Star Trek films, Nemesis. DON'T MAKE HIM
SAY IT AGAIN.
Hell, I'm having trouble parsing what he wrote!
The Romulans made a female clone of Locutious?
Nope. The rumour says the Romulans made the girl using Borg technology
and Picard's DNA (which they already had when they made the Nemesis
clone).
Picard has a Daughter! You'll never guess how...

There's also another rumour that the girl is Data's daughter, Lal.
Will Data's Daughter Lal Return in Picard Show ? a Star Trek Theory

Then there's one that says she's Riker's daughter.

I'm just waiting for the one that says she's Weasley Crusher's daughter
... or maybe the daughter of the Tribbles. ;-)
Jim G.
2019-10-10 01:18:08 UTC
Women, lots of women.
And hair. Lots of it.
So how many wigs did Shatner have, exactly?