"For Thee, For Thee, But Not For Me!" - The Face Mask Edition
2020-07-27 01:58:58 UTC
Cuomo tweets that there should be national law forcing mask use on the same
day he’s cavorting about Georgia with no mask on.

Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask on.
And the media? Silent.

Then there's "Yoga Pants" Garcetti, the soy-boy leader of Los Angeles. (Also
a lot of bare-faced protesters there, despite FPP's insistence that
protesters wear masks.)

Why does anyone continue to listen to these hypocritical douchebags?
trotsky
2020-07-27 10:30:55 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2bgreo6zuczfkz/CuomoNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask on.
And the media? Silent.
Who's the bigger instigator, Cuomo or legions of right wing shitbags
across the country?
Ubiquitous
2020-07-27 14:00:15 UTC
Cuomo tweets that there should be national law forcing mask use on the same
day he's cavorting about Georgia with no mask on.
Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask on.
And the media? Silent.
Then there's "Yoga Pants" Garcetti, the soy-boy leader of Los Angeles.
(Also a lot of bare-faced protesters there, despite FPP's insistence that
protesters wear masks.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82oyc5cjlcvryy/GarcettiNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Why does anyone continue to listen to these hypocritical douchebags?
I hadn't heard about them, but I noticed that Fauci was violating his own
mask rules last week at a baseball game. WTF?

--
"It took a worldwide pandemic. It took a 35% plunge in the stock
market. It took quarantining. It took many small businesses closing. It
the Obama high mark."
Barry Margolin
2020-07-30 14:03:29 UTC
Cuomo tweets that there should be national law forcing mask use on the same
day he's cavorting about Georgia with no mask on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2bgreo6zuczfkz/CuomoNoMask.jpg
Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask on.
And the media? Silent.
Then there's "Yoga Pants" Garcetti, the soy-boy leader of Los Angeles.
(Also a lot of bare-faced protesters there, despite FPP's insistence that
protesters wear masks.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82oyc5cjlcvryy/GarcettiNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Why does anyone continue to listen to these hypocritical douchebags?
I hadn't heard about them, but I noticed that Fauci was violating his own
mask rules last week at a baseball game. WTF?
LIAR.

I just watched the video of him throwing out the first pitch last week,
and he clearly was wearing a mask.
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
EGK
2020-07-30 15:01:15 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Cuomo tweets that there should be national law forcing mask use on the same
day he's cavorting about Georgia with no mask on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2bgreo6zuczfkz/CuomoNoMask.jpg
Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask on.
And the media? Silent.
Then there's "Yoga Pants" Garcetti, the soy-boy leader of Los Angeles.
(Also a lot of bare-faced protesters there, despite FPP's insistence that
protesters wear masks.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82oyc5cjlcvryy/GarcettiNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Why does anyone continue to listen to these hypocritical douchebags?
I hadn't heard about them, but I noticed that Fauci was violating his own
mask rules last week at a baseball game. WTF?
LIAR.
I just watched the video of him throwing out the first pitch last week,
and he clearly was wearing a mask.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jul/24/dr-anthony-fauci-says-photo-him-without-mask-baseb/

Apparently you don't need masks to converse with people as long as you're
holding a bottle of water.
BTR1701
2020-07-30 18:42:00 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Cuomo tweets that there should be national law forcing mask use on the
same day he's cavorting about Georgia with no mask on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2bgreo6zuczfkz/CuomoNoMask.jpg
Cuomo was hugging everyone like it was an Italian wedding with no mask
on. And the media? Silent.
Then there's "Yoga Pants" Garcetti, the soy-boy leader of Los Angeles.
(Also a lot of bare-faced protesters there, despite FPP's insistence
that protesters wear masks.)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82oyc5cjlcvryy/GarcettiNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Why does anyone continue to listen to these hypocritical douchebags?
I hadn't heard about them, but I noticed that Fauci was violating his own
mask rules last week at a baseball game. WTF?
LIAR.
I just watched the video of him throwing out the first pitch last week,
and he clearly was wearing a mask.
Not in the stands, he wasn't.

2020-07-30 20:10:11 UTC
https://www.dropbox.com/s/97xytgzvztvfuhy/FauciNoMask.jpg?dl=0
Who was he sitting with?
FPP
2020-07-30 20:32:10 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
One was his wife... so no problem there.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
BTR1701
2020-07-30 22:28:08 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
The better question is why was he sitting at all?

None of the rest of us are allowed to watch games in-person. Now even
going to a ball game is something only the elites are allowed to do.
There always seems to be exceptions for them.
moviePig
If he hoofed it there to throw the first pitch, I'll forgive him.
FPP
2020-07-30 23:04:22 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
He was an invited participant. Even morons understand why Fauci was
there... well, most morons.

trotsky
Uh oh, Thanny's wriggling like a worm on a hook again!
trotsky
2020-07-31 09:49:49 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
There's the lack of balls resulting in an abrupt subject change we were
expecting! Quelle surprise indeed.
FPP
2020-07-31 11:26:05 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
Please... Thanny is throwing a pity party. Let him have a good cry...
he needs it.

trotsky
How painfully hurt he must be!!!
FPP
2020-07-30 20:23:41 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
No... he shouldn't have.

But, since the mask is to protect others from YOUR droplets, if you just
tested negative, you can be pretty sure you're not going to spread it.

But, yeah... it was a slip. Which just proves Fauci is human.

moviePig
2020-07-30 21:06:21 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
I think the 'slip' was merely that he didn't realize he was being
photographed to make him appear reckless and/or hypocritical. If he
knew his immediate company to be of the nature I suspect it was, then
there was nothing that anyone reasonable would consider a breach.
FPP
2020-07-30 20:54:50 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
"The woman on Fauci’s left is his wife, Christine Grady, and the man on
Fauci’s right is a “close friend” of the NIAID director. This man was
also described in a photograph from USA Today as one of Fauci’s “guests”
at the event. In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may reduce the need for
social distancing in this instance."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-without-mask-baseball-game/

BTR1701
2020-07-30 22:26:03 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
"The woman on Fauci¹s left is his wife, Christine Grady, and the man on
Fauci¹s right is a ³close friend² of the NIAID director. This man was
also described in a photograph from USA Today as one of Fauci¹s ³guests²
at the event. In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci¹s inner circle, which may reduce the need for
Wow, look at those apologetics from left-wing Snopes. Quelle surprise.
FPP
2020-07-30 23:01:07 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
How so? They judged it TRUE. He was seen not wearing his mask.
Snopes did exactly what they're supposed to do.

trotsky
2020-07-31 09:51:17 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
Thanny doesn't give a fuck, he's still waiting for his balls to drop.
Apparently his body took a wrong turn at puberty. And if Snopes does an
article on this they'll label it "true".
moviePig
'Apologetics' or 'explanans', depending on one's needs...
trotsky
2020-07-31 09:48:42 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
That's the same reaction I had on your lack of commentary on Herman
Cain's passing! How do you pretend to be a man without a functioning
pair of balls?
FPP
2020-07-31 11:28:49 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
A Trump rally is a stupid thing to die for. You don't even get 72
virgins...

trotsky
Do Epstein's underage sex slaves count as a substitute?
Ed Stasiak
2020-07-31 01:04:41 UTC
In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may
reduce the need for social distancing in this instance."
And yet employers are mandated by law to insure that all
their employees wear masks at all times.
Post by FPP
snopes
lol

2020-07-31 01:53:20 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 18:04:41 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may
reduce the need for social distancing in this instance."
And yet employers are mandated by law to insure that all
their employees wear masks at all times.
Two different situations. One is a man with his wife and someone he's
likely around all the time who is also likely tested regularly so
there's little risk of either one of the three being infected and not
the others. The other situation you are describing is an employee who
likely never gets tested and is around customers all day long who are
also likely never tested.

So if that employee gets infected he or she may spread the virus to
many different people in a given day, while Fauci self isolates much
of the time and so is only likely to infect a few people AND he gets
tested regularly and so would know quickly if he became infected and
could quarantine himself till he was clear of the virus.
BTR1701
2020-07-31 06:56:03 UTC
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 18:04:41 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may
reduce the need for social distancing in this instance."
And yet employers are mandated by law to insure that all
their employees wear masks at all times.
Two different situations. One is a man with his wife and someone he's
likely around all the time who is also likely tested regularly so
there's little risk of either one of the three being infected and not
the others. The other situation you are describing is an employee who
likely never gets tested and is around customers all day long who are
also likely never tested.
Nevertheless, this thread started with a governor and a mayor that not
only constantly hector people about mask-wearing, but threaten to fine
and even arrest those who don't... and yet they're out in public
bare-faced, not just around their wives and friends, but co-workers and
other members of the public.

Fuck them and their blatant hypocrisy.
trotsky
2020-07-31 09:57:25 UTC
[...]
Do you names and photos for these events you whiny bitch? More Twitter
or Breitbart bullshit perhaps. Keep in mind when you're having a
discussion with those smarter than you you will be called out on your
annoying BULLSHIT all the time so feel free to crawl back into the
woodwork at any time.
BTR1701
Try reading the thread, you noxious cunt blast.
trotsky
So you're afraid to answer the question per usual?
FPP
2020-07-31 11:24:18 UTC
[...]
It isn't what politicians say that matters. It's science. We'd be out
of this by now if you had listened to either.

shawn
2020-07-31 11:59:54 UTC
[...]
We wouldn't be out of it even if everyone listened but it would be
under control to the point that all we would have is those little
embers/fires that the President talks about. Something that we could
easily control, but instead we keep risking overwhelming hospitals
because even now there are way too many people that refuse to wear
masks even to the point of fighting over the issue. It's a sad
commentary on our fellow Americans that they see being asked to wear a
mask as some affront on their liberty.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-07-31 19:36:41 UTC
. . .
We wouldn't be out of it even if everyone listened but it would be
under control to the point that all we would have is those little
embers/fires that the President talks about. Something that we could
easily control, but instead we keep risking overwhelming hospitals
because even now there are way too many people that refuse to wear
masks even to the point of fighting over the issue. It's a sad
commentary on our fellow Americans that they see being asked to wear a
mask as some affront on their liberty.
Uh, dude? If one is asked to comply voluntarily to do something that's
not of direct benefit to one's self but may provide a small benefit to
others, that's not an infringement on liberty. If it's voluntary. If no
one is trying to force one to comply.

Mask mandates and quarantines absolutely are an infringement on liberty.

btw, someone who is truly a libertarian would be willing to wear a mask
or comply with other recommendations understanding that there's no right
to harm others by spreading a communicable disease. That's not a legal
position but a moral position. But what one does one's self doesn't
justify mandating behavior.

Pretending mandates aren't an infringement on liberty doesn't convince
anybody of anything. Let's speak plainly without rhetoric and not lie
to each other.
The Horny Goat
2020-08-01 16:35:37 UTC
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 19:36:41 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
btw, someone who is truly a libertarian would be willing to wear a mask
or comply with other recommendations understanding that there's no right
to harm others by spreading a communicable disease. That's not a legal
position but a moral position. But what one does one's self doesn't
justify mandating behavior.
Pretending mandates aren't an infringement on liberty doesn't convince
anybody of anything. Let's speak plainly without rhetoric and not lie
to each other.
As a for instance, in MY store I don't wear a mask. What I DO do is
have 3'x5' hanging pieces of soft plexiglass hanging from the ceiling
leaving about 12" between the bottom and my showcases. This doesn't
cover the entire store but DOES cover all the high traffic areas. Some
of my staffers wear masks some don't, ditto customers. (I am mildly
hard of hearing and have had problems hearing some customers through
their masks and plexi - usually I handle one or the other well but
both not so much)

The first thing a customer sees when entering the store is a small
pedestal with sanitizer (with a small sign encouraging its use). We
have several of these bottles on our main counters (prominent but not
"in your face") and I daily check the levels on the bottles and keep
them refilled as necessary.

Frankly it's a massive PITA (pain in the a**) particularly in a major
metropolitain area where government reports show a total of 2 people
in hospital care for it but we've got it for a while longer at least.
I really DON'T think it's needed in our area at the present time but
while I believe it's mostly over in our local area it's clear the
stake has not yet been driven through the heart of the crisis.

I fully appreciate it's far worse in other regions and am going by
government statistics (updated daily through their website) for my
comments. If the statistics change at some point so will my opinion.
But no question, in our area despite occasional upticks cases have
been steadily declining since mid-May.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-01 16:44:10 UTC
. . .
Frankly it's a massive PITA (pain in the a**) particularly in a major
metropolitain area where government reports show a total of 2 people
in hospital care for it but we've got it for a while longer at least.
I really DON'T think it's needed in our area at the present time but
while I believe it's mostly over in our local area it's clear the
stake has not yet been driven through the heart of the crisis.
I fully appreciate it's far worse in other regions and am going by
government statistics (updated daily through their website) for my
comments. If the statistics change at some point so will my opinion.
But no question, in our area despite occasional upticks cases have
been steadily declining since mid-May.
I hate to tell you but it's unpredictable whether you have the potential
for local pandemic. We just don't know who is sick and, of the ones who
are sick, we don't know who is a superspreader.

That doesn't mean that shutting down 4/5 of the economy made any kind of
sense or was the right approach to thwarting the disease but wearing of
masks and frequent hand washing with soap and water is a good
recommendation to follow.

I still disagree with widespread use of hand sanitizer. That likely is
ineffective and may do more harm than good.
anim8rfsk
2020-08-01 19:08:56 UTC
"For Thee, For Thee, But Not For Me!" - The Face Mask Edition
August 1, 2020 at 9:35:37 AM MST
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Yeah, I've been having trouble understanding a lot of the medical techs that
have been working on me through their masks. I was wondering if I had been
subconsciously lip reading, but I don't have any problems with Indian
telemarketers on the phone, so I think the masks must actually be muffling.
They do, you can hear it on local tv reports done outside the studio.
shawn
2020-08-02 01:15:08 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
The masks can definitely end up muffling voices. I see it in the
various news reports. Some voices come through clearly while others
are quite muffled. Probably due to thickness and material used in the
various masks.
Ian J. Ball
2020-07-31 20:01:53 UTC
[...]
Assumes facts not in evidence: As no one has talked about environmental
transmission, or even looked at it AFAIK.

My guess is that the "mask scofflaw" issue is massively overblown, and
this virus would be getting transmitted more widely regardless.
2020-07-31 21:31:48 UTC
[...]
Europe. The rest of the civilized world. That's the evidence.

BTR1701
2020-07-31 17:49:25 UTC
[...]
Sure it is, when politicians are sending cops after people for failing
to do things they themselves aren't doing.
Post by FPP
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?

That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
EGK
2020-07-31 18:54:13 UTC
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and Trotsky. Both
of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times over. What do you
get from it? Personal amusement? I would bet that most of the newsgroup
readers just tune it all out after a while.

The idea we'd be out of this if anyone had listened to science is absurd
since the scientists were often wrong or contradicting themselves. Fauci
was originally saying there was no need to be alarmed by this virus. Then
science was telling us masks weren't necessary or only those with the virus
or health care workers should wear one. Finally it became everyone should
wear masks.

I mean I get it. Things do change except for Liberals wanting to blame
everything on Trump but no one knew anything for sure. If Trump had
stepped up and demanded the whole country social distance and wear masks
back in January, Liberals would have undoubtedly called him a fascist for
trying to force behavior on people. The only thing that's predictable
about all this is some people's responses.
suzeeq
2020-07-31 19:39:03 UTC
Post by EGK
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and Trotsky. Both
of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times over. What do you
get from it? Personal amusement? I would bet that most of the newsgroup
readers just tune it all out after a while.
Yeah when I click on a BTR post and see who he's replying to, I just
skip it. Or if his post contains more than a few dozen lines.
Ian J. Ball
2020-07-31 20:04:32 UTC
Post by EGK
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and Trotsky. Both
of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times over.
Word.

And it applies to *anyone* who replies to Trotsky and his manifold socks.
Post by EGK
Fauci
was originally saying there was no need to be alarmed by this virus. Then
science was telling us masks weren't necessary or only those with the virus
or health care workers should wear one. Finally it became everyone should
wear masks.
And there's no reason to think that "everyone wearing masks" would
totally prevent transmission regardless.
Post by EGK
I mean I get it. Things do change except for Liberals wanting to blame
everything on Trump but no one knew anything for sure. If Trump had
stepped up and demanded the whole country social distance and wear masks
back in January, Liberals would have undoubtedly called him a fascist for
trying to force behavior on people. The only thing that's predictable
about all this is some people's responses.
Yep.
2020-07-31 21:34:22 UTC
Post by EGK
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and Trotsky. Both
of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times over. What do you
get from it? Personal amusement? I would bet that most of the newsgroup
readers just tune it all out after a while.
Oh, please... that's the oldest dodge in the book. It's what everybody
says when they get their asses waxed.

Try proving something I said is 'delusional'. I'll wait while you'll
run for the hills.
Buh-bye!

BTR1701
Yes.
FPP
2020-07-31 22:30:38 UTC
Post by EGK
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and
Trotsky. Both of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times
over. What do you get from it? Personal amusement?
Yes.
Then your life must be extremely unsatisfying.

trotsky
That explains why you sound like you're in tears when you type the messages.
FPP
2020-08-01 11:54:50 UTC
Post by EGK
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
I have no clue why you maintain this circle jerk with FPP and
Trotsky. Both of them have proven themselves to be idiots many times
over. What do you get from it? Personal amusement?
Yes.
That explains why you sound like you're in tears when you type the messages.
Works for me! I'm usually in tears when I read them... or shortly
after, to be exact.

trotsky
2020-07-31 19:25:34 UTC
Post by FPP
It's science. We'd be out of this by now if you had listened to
either.
Really? So this entire worldwide pandemic depends on me?
That's almost as delusional as the time you said China was basing its
foreign policy choices on my Usenet posts.
If you understood remedial English you'd see the antecedent to "you"
refers to "politicians" which can then be extrapolated to meaning the
entire right wing.
FPP
2020-07-31 21:32:30 UTC
2020-07-31 11:56:42 UTC
[...]
That's a different situation. I agree that if they are going to be
around people they should be wearing a mask. I think that's the case
regardless of what they are asking people to do, but it's even more
important to wear a mask in public if they are going to ask others to
do the same when they are going to be around others.

I do think some of these rules go too far in saying you have to wear
the mask at all times when outside as it makes no sense to wear one if
you aren't going to be around people. When I go outside for a walk I
may run into one or two people on the street during the entire time so
wearing a mask then doesn't make sense to me as I'm not going to be
getting up close to those people. When I go into a building where
other people are I'll put on a mask whether it's required or not even
though I can be fairly sure I'm not sick given I'm working from home
so my contact with other people is really limited now.
Ed Stasiak
2020-07-31 20:22:31 UTC
Nevertheless, this thread started with a governor and a mayor that not
only constantly hector people about mask-wearing, but threaten to fine
and even arrest those who don't... and yet they're out in public bare-faced,
not just around their wives and friends, but co-workers and other members
of the public.
That's a different situation.
How is it different then me going to work 5/6 days a week with the same
people month after month, yet I’m still required to wear a mask all day?

If any of us in the shop were going to get sick and die from covid, it would
have already happened, as we’ve been in this for six months now and
covid deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been going steadily
down ever since.

That “X number of more people have tested positive!” means nothing,
as more testing means more people testing positive for the covid that’ve
have for months now.
shawn
2020-07-31 21:16:54 UTC
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 13:22:31 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
Nevertheless, this thread started with a governor and a mayor that not
only constantly hector people about mask-wearing, but threaten to fine
and even arrest those who don't... and yet they're out in public bare-faced,
not just around their wives and friends, but co-workers and other members
of the public.
That's a different situation.
How is it different then me going to work 5/6 days a week with the same
people month after month, yet I’m still required to wear a mask all day?
Because that's not all that each of you do. If all of you were tested
daily I could see the argument that masks are of no real need or if
each of you lived at work but in reality each of you has a life
outside of work where you may encounter many other people and some of
those people may be infected with Covid-19 and pass it on to one your
fellow employees.
Or not as you never know when someone might become infected.
Ed Stasiak
2020-07-31 22:16:39 UTC
How is it different then me going to work 5/6 days a week with the same
people month after month, yet I’m still required to wear a mask all day?
Because that's not all that each of you do. If all of you were tested
daily I could see the argument that masks are of no real need or if
each of you lived at work but in reality each of you has a life outside
of work where you may encounter many other people and some of
those people may be infected with Covid-19 and pass it on to one
your fellow employees.
And the same applies to Cuomo, Garcetti, etc. unless you’re suggesting
that the “elites” are somehow incapable of spreading covid?
shawn
2020-08-01 12:57:53 UTC
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 15:16:39 -0700 (PDT), Ed Stasiak
How is it different then me going to work 5/6 days a week with the same
people month after month, yet I’m still required to wear a mask all day?
Because that's not all that each of you do. If all of you were tested
daily I could see the argument that masks are of no real need or if
each of you lived at work but in reality each of you has a life outside
of work where you may encounter many other people and some of
those people may be infected with Covid-19 and pass it on to one
your fellow employees.
And the same applies to Cuomo, Garcetti, etc. unless you’re suggesting
that the “elites” are somehow incapable of spreading covid?
I don't know what they've been doing so I can't comment on it. My only
intro to the topic was the photo of Fauci sitting with his wife
without his mask on. A situation where I assume Fauci knows if it's
safe to wear his mask or not. Anyone is capable of spreading the
disease but as I understand it Fauci gets tested regularly. I don't
know if the same is true of Cuomo, Garcetti or not. If not then of
course they need to be wearing a mask when around others. Ideally they
would wear it in any case as a leader trying to set an example for
others.
EGK
2020-08-01 13:55:30 UTC
[...]
I think you're missing the point of all this. It's about the optics as they
say. Lots of people can be with someone who they know is safe but if
you're constantly telling everyone else to wear masks in public then you get
caught without yours, it's a bad look.
moviePig
2020-08-01 14:55:47 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by shawn
[...]
But I wonder whether people's personal interpretation of the Fauci photo
depends entirely on their political predisposition. Those who believe
Fauci will see the practical limits of mask-wearing, whereas those who
disbelieve him will see yet more proof of hypocritical elitism. So,
while the optics may indeed be questionable, I'm not sure their effect
equals, say, the 7-minute video of John Edwards teasing his tousle...
EGK
2020-08-01 15:17:19 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by shawn
[...]
Nothing like stating the obvious. That doesn't man the title of this
thread isn't accurate. The same people defending Fauci will vilify him
when they read news reports about how he agrees with almost everything Trump
has done and that Trump saved lives.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/fauci-says-trumps-coronavirus-policy-decisions-helped-save-lives/

I've said for years that politics is simply viewed as a sport. People act
like their side can be corrupt or lie, cheat and steal and it's ok as long
as they win. If the other side does it, they're evil incarnate. People
are mostly sheep and simply want to be on the winning team.

Myself, I root for the comet...
suzeeq
That's sorta what he said.
EGK
After making a bunch of excuses for it. :)
shawn
2020-08-02 01:12:05 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by suzeeq
Post by EGK
Post by shawn
[...]
First off I'm not the one trying to blame Fauci for not wearing a mask
in a single photograph when I don't know the situation. As it turns
out there was a good reason for not wearing a mask at that moment as
not only was Fauci only with his wife and close friend but that he was
not wearing a mask due to drinking some water at the time the
photograph was taken. So the photographer caught him at a time when he
wasn't actively drinking and then it gets casts as though he was just
sitting there the entire game without a mask on.

That's why I said if you find someone like Cuomo around a bunch of
bunch of people shaking hands like BTR suggested he was doing while
not wearing a mask then I think it's perfectly fair to call him out on
his failure to wear a mask. That's not the same situation that Fauci
was in even if he hadn't been drinking some water at that time.
BTR1701
2020-08-01 17:31:29 UTC
[...]
But it's not up to the individual to decide whether it's safe or not.
The rule (law? mandate? guideline? who knows, since we've abandoned
normal constitutional process at this point) is that mask use in public
is required. Full stop. Not 'do your own self-assessment and decide
whether it's safe to go bare-face or not'.
Post by shawn
Ideally they would wear it in any case as a leader trying to set an
example for others.
Especially if they're threatening to use the coercive power of the state
to fine and/or arrest others for not doing so. If you're going to go on
CNN and play tough guy for your base and say you're going to send men
with guns after me, you better damn well be following the rules yourself.
moviePig
2020-08-01 18:48:44 UTC
[...]
But there's question of what "in public" means. Clearly (I think), it
doesn't mean "visible through a telephoto lens".
If you believed in the prescribed measures, you'd feel less offended.
BTR1701
2020-08-01 20:53:22 UTC
[...]
It means around others who don't live with you, which Fauci was, his
wife notwithstanding. She wasn't the only one who was in the stands with
him.

Certainly Cuomo and Garcetti were in public when they were bare-faced.
I don't even know what that means.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-01 21:27:51 UTC
[...]
You're still making the mistake of treating moviePig like a person with
a basic understanding of English.

I say that there is no well-known and well-understood English word or
phrase that moviePig will not make up his own definition of or won't
insist on questioning, pretending he doesn't understand the concept.

I cannot be proven wrong.
Ideally they would wear it in any case as a leader trying to set an
example for others.
Especially if they're threatening to use the coercive power of the state
to fine and/or arrest others for not doing so. If you're going to go on
CNN and play tough guy for your base and say you're going to send men
with guns after me, you better damn well be following the rules yourself.
If you believed in the prescribed measures, you'd feel less offended.
I don't even know what that means.
Nor did moviePig care to make himself understood.

I suffer greatly on days in which I find myself able to understand him.
I know it's the first warning sign of dementia.
moviePig
Thanks for your always invalueless contribution...
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-01 21:54:20 UTC
[...]
Don't tempt me to make a valuable contribution to Usenet, moviePig. It
would involve a clue, your skull, and my ability to swing the bat hard
enough to pound it through.

It has 100% guaranteed success if my swing were good enough. You wouldn't
like it. You would stop attempting to destroy English, though.
FPP
2020-08-01 22:47:56 UTC
[...]
I just thought you were calling Thanny a hypocrite. I mean, did I get
that wrong, or is Adam just a little dimmer than usual?

moviePig
2020-08-01 21:37:14 UTC
[...]
I don't know about Cuomo and Garcetti, but I'd be surprised if Fauci
routinely strays from probably-safe practices. And that latter degree
of caution is all I'd ask of anyone ...certainly regarding fines, etc.
Ideally they would wear it in any case as a leader trying to set an
example for others.
Especially if they're threatening to use the coercive power of the state
to fine and/or arrest others for not doing so. If you're going to go on
CNN and play tough guy for your base and say you're going to send men
with guns after me, you better damn well be following the rules yourself.
If you believed in the prescribed measures, you'd feel less offended.
I don't even know what that means.
You view their (non-)actions as hypocrisy, whereas, if you believed that
mask-wearing is significantly medically beneficial to all concerned,
you'd view their lapses merely as stupidity and/or bravery. I.e.,
you're looking at mask-wearing as a penalty rather than a protection.
BTR1701
2020-08-02 00:55:19 UTC
[...]
Sure you do. I posted photographic evidence of it at the start of this
thread.

(Or if you don't, you're being willfully blind about it.)
Ideally they would wear it in any case as a leader trying to set an
example for others.
Especially if they're threatening to use the coercive power of the state
to fine and/or arrest others for not doing so. If you're going to go on
CNN and play tough guy for your base and say you're going to send men
with guns after me, you better damn well be following the rules yourself.
If you believed in the prescribed measures, you'd feel less offended.
I don't even know what that means.
You view their (non-)actions as hypocrisy
It literally *is* hypocrisy. It's not just my "view".
Post by moviePig
whereas, if you believed that mask-wearing is significantly medically
beneficial to all concerned, you'd view their lapses merely as
stupidity and/or bravery.
So if they can choose to be either "stupid" or "brave", why can't I
choose to be "stupid" or "brave" without these very assholes sending
armed men to take my money or my freedom?
It can be (and is) both.
FPP
2020-08-02 05:23:23 UTC
[...]
Ha,ha,ha... a random unsourced image isn't evidence of anything. Didn't
they learn you that in Lore Skool?

I could put him on top of the Temple of Karnak, if I wanted to. Your
pretty picture say nothing, and surely wouldn't qualify as 'evidence'
anywhere in the real world.

FPP
2020-08-01 22:46:10 UTC
[...]
The only other person within spitting distance of Fauci was his close
friend. And he made the choice to be sitting with him

Since you know fuck-all about their relationship, who are you to judge
what's appropriate? That's for them to judge.

In either case, Washington DC mandate says it's OK to drop the mask when:

"1. Wearing a mask is not required when:
b. A person is actually eating, drinking, or legally smoking;"

Fauci said he was drinking because he was dehydrated, and he is holding
a bottle of water.

trotsky
2020-08-02 12:25:48 UTC
[...]
Fauci isn't the one responsible for 4.6 million cases of Covid 19. What
does the phrase "the buck stops here" mean to you?

moviePig
2020-07-31 21:56:58 UTC
[...]
By your description, your shop constitutes a "bonus target" for the
virus pinball: if one of you gets sick, a dozen will.
Ed Stasiak
2020-07-31 22:20:55 UTC
If any of us in the shop were going to get sick and die from covid, it would
have already happened, as we’ve been in this for six months now and
covid deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been going steadily
down ever since.
By your description, your shop constitutes a "bonus target" for the
virus pinball: if one of you gets sick, a dozen will.
This applies to any workplace, so where are the mass deaths from all kinda
people getting sick from covid?

I’d suggest it’s not happening because most of us ALREADY have covid
and are asymptomatic after 6+ months of it going around.
FPP
2020-08-01 23:02:53 UTC
If any of us in the shop were going to get sick and die from covid, it would
have already happened, as we’ve been in this for six months now and
covid deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been going steadily
down ever since.
By your description, your shop constitutes a "bonus target" for the
virus pinball: if one of you gets sick, a dozen will.
This applies to any workplace, so where are the mass deaths from all kinda
people getting sick from covid?
Where are they? Take a look around, Ed!

"US records a coronavirus death every minute as total surpasses 150,000."

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/united-states/us-coronavirus-deaths-top-150000-among-highest-in-deaths-per-capita-globally

Covid-19 is now the THIRD leading cause of death after cancer and heart
disease.

FPP
2020-07-31 22:36:27 UTC
[...]
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and the death
toll. Ed's kind of thinking is why an American dies every single minute
of every single day now.

The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.

People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.

Ed Stasiak
2020-07-31 23:11:34 UTC
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and the death
toll.
You mean the hospitalizations and deaths that have been steadily declining
since spring? Again; deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been
going down since then, despite the economy opening back up.

2020-08-01 00:06:05 UTC
https://i.postimg.cc/gJG2mfmP/corona-Michigan-deaths.png
That's one state, you're ignoring about a dozen other ones.
FPP
2020-08-01 00:15:46 UTC
Post by suzeeq
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and the death
toll.
You mean the hospitalizations and deaths that have been steadily declining
since spring?  Again; deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been
going down since then, despite the economy opening back up.
https://i.postimg.cc/gJG2mfmP/corona-Michigan-deaths.png
That's one state, you're ignoring about a dozen other ones.
And with a Democratic governor.

BTR1701
You can have ours. He's doing a fantastic job.
FPP
2020-08-01 03:37:16 UTC
Post by suzeeq
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and
the death toll.
You mean the hospitalizations and deaths that have been steadily
declining since spring?  Again; deaths in Michigan peaked in April
and have been going down since then, despite the economy opening
back up.
https://i.postimg.cc/gJG2mfmP/corona-Michigan-deaths.png
That's one state, you're ignoring about a dozen other ones.
And with a Democratic governor.
You can have ours. He's doing a fantastic job.
No thanks... you need him a lot more.

BTR1701
We need him like the Titanic needed that iceberg.
trotsky
Herman Cain called via Ouija board and said that's not correct.
FPP
2020-08-01 05:01:26 UTC
Post by suzeeq
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and
the death toll.
You mean the hospitalizations and deaths that have been steadily
declining since spring?  Again; deaths in Michigan peaked in April
and have been going down since then, despite the economy opening
back up.
https://i.postimg.cc/gJG2mfmP/corona-Michigan-deaths.png
That's one state, you're ignoring about a dozen other ones.
And with a Democratic governor.
You can have ours. He's doing a fantastic job.
You keep ignoring the facts, and the science. I don't know how many
times you have be told before you can grasp the real failure.

Forget about the governors. They're not going to get this country out
of this.. it's going to take a NATIONAL strategy. A plan that puts the
entire country on THE SAME PLAN.

We can't have 50 different sets of criteria. The science is telling us
that. Here's what Fauci said when he was asked why the rest of Europe
has contained this virus but WE haven't.
Post by BTR1701
Dr. Anthony Fauci was asked why Europe has been able to largely contain the virus while the US has seen a rise in new cases.
Fauci said it was a complex question, but described some of the contributing factors. He first pointed out that many European countries locked down more wholly than the US.
"If you look at what happened in Europe, when they shut down or locked down or went to shelter in place — however you want to describe it — they really did it to the tune of about 95% plus of the country did that," Fauci said.
However, "when you actually look at what we did, even though we shut down, even though it created a great deal of difficulty, we really functionally shut down only about 50% in the sense of the totality of the country," Fauci added.
He also noted that some states had better success at following reopening guidelines than others.
"Some were followed very carefully and some were not," he said.
I don't know how many fucking times you need to be told. We're not
going to start digging out way out until we have a new president and a
new congress.

Until we have a national plan, we will continue to fail as a nation.

FPP
2020-08-01 23:04:48 UTC
You only need to look at the number of hospitalizations and the death
toll.
You mean the hospitalizations and deaths that have been steadily declining
since spring? Again; deaths in Michigan peaked in April and have been
going down since then, despite the economy opening back up.
https://i.postimg.cc/gJG2mfmP/corona-Michigan-deaths.png
What? Deaths are at ONE PER MINUTE in America. You do know that there
are 49 other states, right?

And you can thank your Democratic governor (and the smarter than average
citizens) in Michigan for your decrease.

BTR1701
Just like unmasked protesters are.
FPP
2020-08-01 00:15:16 UTC
The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.
People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.
Just like unmasked protesters are.
Science tells us outside is better than inside. Protests are outside -
and you see a lot of masks.
Science tells us masks work - and our eyes tell us that's not the case
with Trumpers.

Another Deputy Dawg fail.

BTR1701
2020-08-01 01:13:33 UTC
The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.
People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.
Just like unmasked protesters are.
Science tells us outside is better than inside.
Is that why Cuomo -- a Democratic governor, since you seem to like to
point that out-- was walking around inside unmasked and hugging people
and shaking hands, while threatening to send cops after mere citizens
who walk around outside without them on?
FPP
2020-08-01 03:37:47 UTC
The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.
People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.
Just like unmasked protesters are.
Science tells us outside is better than inside.
Is that why Cuomo -- a Democratic governor, since you seem to like to
point that out-- was walking around inside unmasked and hugging people
and shaking hands, while threatening to send cops after mere citizens
who walk around outside without them on?
Nope, that has nothing to do with what science tells us.

trotsky
2020-08-01 09:08:33 UTC
The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.
People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.
Just like unmasked protesters are.
Science tells us outside is better than inside.
Is that why Cuomo -- a Democratic governor, since you seem to like to
point that out-- was walking around inside unmasked and hugging people
and shaking hands, while threatening to send cops after mere citizens
who walk around outside without them on?
Nope, that has nothing to do with what science tells us.
Does Thanny think that talking about Cuomo will make Herman Cain less
dead and Louis Gohmert less Covid postive?
FPP
2020-08-01 12:05:07 UTC
The science shows that masks will slow the transmission of this deadly
disease. That's it. You don't need to know anything else.
People (like Herman Cain) who ignore this are playing Russian Roulette.
And are forcing everybody around them to play, too.
Just like unmasked protesters are.
Science tells us outside is better than inside.
Is that why Cuomo -- a Democratic governor, since you seem to like to
point that out-- was walking around inside unmasked and hugging people
and shaking hands, while threatening to send cops after mere citizens
who walk around outside without them on?
Nope, that has nothing to do with what science tells us.
Does Thanny think that talking about Cuomo will make Herman Cain less
dead and Louis Gohmert less Covid postive?
No kidding! And I'll bet he's really really pissed after he found out
that the White House actually HAD a plan for nationwide testing - which
is what almost ALL scientists say would help get us OUT of this rolling
dumpster fire.

Kushner put together a plan, but scrapped it in favor of letting the
governors of the Blue states take the blame when the cases spiked in
their Democratically run states.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/07/how-jared-kushners-secret-testing-plan-went-poof-into-thin-air

Thing is... while that's bad for Blue State Dem governors, it's a KILLER
for their constituents. Constituents like good ol' reliably Republican
Thanny! The guy who has made excuses and carried the water for Ol'
Orange Bumblefuck, year in and year out!

Bumblefuck and 'Son-in-Bumblefuck', Jared Kushner just let the
Republicans in California (and other Blue state Republicans) die right
along with their Dem neighbors. By the thousands.
Post by trotsky
Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner’s team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. “The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy,” said the expert.
I've got to say... that was mighty loyal of Thanny. I mean, allowing
himself to be sacrificed (along with his friends, girlfriends and
family) on the Altar of Trump, the Sun King!

Wotta' Prince!

trotsky
I think Herman Cain is getting a bad rap for being dead and shit.
FPP
2020-08-01 22:59:46 UTC
Nevertheless, this thread started with a governor and a mayor that not
only constantly hector people about mask-wearing, but threaten to fine
and even arrest those who don't... and yet they're out in public bare-faced,
not just around their wives and friends, but co-workers and other members
of the public.
That's a different situation.
How is it different then me going to work 5/6 days a week with the same
people month after month, yet I’m still required to wear a mask all day?
If any of us in the shop were going to get sick and die from covid, it would
have already happened.
With an American dying every single minute now, that's about the dumbest
thing you've posted this week. Now try not to top it.

moviePig
2020-07-31 13:24:38 UTC
[...]
Is it *ever* acceptable to you for someone seeking to reform an aspect
of society to meanwhile use that aspect as it currently exists?
FPP
2020-08-01 22:58:24 UTC
In other words, the two other people in this photograph
appear to be part of Fauci’s inner circle, which may
reduce the need for social distancing in this instance."
And yet employers are mandated by law to insure that all
their employees wear masks at all times.
Post by FPP
snopes
lol
https://i.postimg.cc/jj9tvNYW/SNOPES.jpg
Who's the employer there, Ed? DC mandate says Fauci can drop mask to
drink - which is what he said he was doing, and he has a water bottle in
his hand. Outdoors, too.

Pretty pictures aren't a source, Ed.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Edf4OMsXYAACPf3?format=jpg&name=large

trotsky
Wow. No comment on the late Herman Cain, though, you hypocritical fuck?
b***@gmail.com
2020-07-27 20:41:53 UTC
Wow, politicians being hypocrites? Say it ain't so.