Latest mass killing: Bow & arrow attack in Norway
2021-10-14 00:05:57 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529

In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
Ian J. Ball
2021-10-14 01:06:48 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
Umm... maybe "gun control" was why he didn't have one. With a silencer.
The Horny Goat
2021-10-14 04:51:25 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
Umm... maybe "gun control" was why he didn't have one. With a silencer.
We had a situation about 10 years ago where a guy believed mentally
ill was in leather armor (which was felt would prevent tasering) and
swinging a broadsword in close proximity to the entrance to a downtown
subway station.

The police arrived with a riot squad of 12 or so officers who
surrounded him to prevent him swinging at passersby then took him down
by shield bashing followed by billy clubs to the back of the knees to
take him down at which point they cuffed him and basically sat on him
(note: NOT on his neck!) till an ambulance arrived to take him away to
a padded cell at the nearest hospital.

This was about a year or two after the Robert Dziekanski affair where
Dziekanski who had arrived at the airport from Poland, somehow missed
his connection (airport staff told his mother - who was from 10 hours
away by car was told by staff from his airline that her son wasn't on
the airplane) and after milling around the international arrivals
holding area for 10-12 hours without food or water was disoriented and
at 6'6" towered over airport staff and when he wielded a stapler (yup)
was fatally taken down by 5-6 taser shots in a 30 second period so no
question public expectation that this broad swordsman was expected to
be taken down non-fatally - and was.

(For me the incident was eerie as I had been in that very room at
least a dozen times previously - which isn't an achievement since if
you were arriving with commercial goods you had to tell the officer
that giving your goods to the officer for storage while you went to
the Customs office a mile away to make your declaration and didn't get
your goods till you had your documents stamped saying everything was
paid)
Rhino
2021-10-14 14:56:52 UTC
[...]
Something I've always wondered about the Robert Dziekanski affair is
whether they tried a Russian interpreter with him. I know he was Polish
and there's not a huge overlap between Polish and Russian but I also
know that Poles of his age had mandatory Russian throughout school. But
most people probably don't know that so I can well imagine that no one
thought to try speaking Russian to him. It might have been a very easy
way to avert the tragedy....
Yes, because we all know how difficult it is to get a gun illegally.
Your Name
2021-10-14 06:35:01 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
Umm... maybe "gun control" was why he didn't have one. With a silencer.
Yes, because we all know how difficult it is to get a gun illegally.
Far more difficult than simply getting one in the cornflakes packet
like Americans can. :-\
RichA
2021-10-14 07:23:10 UTC
Post by Your Name
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
Umm... maybe "gun control" was why he didn't have one. With a silencer.
Yes, because we all know how difficult it is to get a gun illegally.
Far more difficult than simply getting one in the cornflakes packet
like Americans can. :-\
Anyone with $1k can get a gun. BTW, some fun facts regarding the bow as a weapon
-The Brits destroyed a much larger French force simply because they had more bowmen.
-In the 1300's, one bowman killed 37 soldiers in 10 minutes using a longbow.
-Robert Hardy who played Siegfried Farnon in the first "All Creatures Great and Small" was a world-known expert on the long-bow.
Ed Stasiak
2021-10-14 08:52:41 UTC
Your Name
Yes, because we all know how difficult it is to get a gun illegally.
Far more difficult than simply getting one in the cornflakes packet
like Americans can. :-\
And yet despite thousands of Americans legally walking around with handguns
in their pockets and purses, the murder rate has been in decline since 1993.

In Norway? I have no fucking idea nor do you you fucking liar.
trotsky
In case you haven't noticed Ian's a fucking moron.
BTR1701
2021-10-14 10:27:00 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
You may be indulging in sarcasm but that was actually the reaction of some
Dem pols after the last significant knife attack: "This proves we need
tougher gun laws!"
trotsky
More lies that you can't back up with proof from the spineless jellyfish.
Ian J. Ball
2021-10-14 12:23:48 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
The obvious solution - we need more gun control!!
You may be indulging in sarcasm but that was actually the reaction of some
Dem pols after the last significant knife attack: "This proves we need
tougher gun laws!"
Yes, this doesn't surprise me at all.
Did he say..."Allah!" at any point? Granted, it was a bow and not a scimitar.
RichA
2021-10-14 14:55:36 UTC
Assailant with bow and arrows kills 5 people in Norway
By JAN M. OLSEN
AP
https://apnews.com/article/oslo-norway-bow-arrow-attack-24095a6b0e2bd26d08a145078d242529
In Konsberg outside Oslo, a man shot arrows at shoppers. He murdered 5
and injured 2 others, including police.
Maniac was an Islamic convert who "had been on police radar."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58910794