CNN Fact-Checker Exposes 'Lie After Lie' That Donald Trump Told At Debate
Add Reply
Ryan
2024-09-11 15:39:43 UTC
CNN Fact-Checker Exposes ‘Lie After Lie’ That Donald Trump Told At Debate

Daniel Dale summed up the former president's debate performance with two
scathing words.

Former President Donald Trump “made at least 33 false claims” compared
with “at least one false claim” from Democratic rival Kamala Harris in
Tuesday’s presidential debate, according to CNN fact-checking reporter
Daniel Dale.

“What stood out was that this was a staggeringly dishonest debate
performance from former President Trump. Just lie after lie on subject
after subject,” said Dale.

Former President Donald Trump “made at least 33 false claims” compared
with “at least one false claim” from Democratic rival Kamala Harris in
Tuesday’s presidential debate, according to CNN fact-checking reporter
Daniel Dale.

“What stood out was that this was a staggeringly dishonest debate
performance from former President Trump. Just lie after lie on subject
after subject,” said Dale.

CNN Fact Check of the debate: This was a staggeringly dishonest debate
performance from former President Trump. Just lie after lie on subject
after subject by my preliminary count, he made at least 33 false claims.
Dale cited Trump’s comments on abortion, crime figures, health care and
the “odious” baseless rumor about migrants eating pets in Ohio as being
the subject of just some of the Republican nominee’s untruths.

“Frankly, I don’t have enough time here to run through each specific
Trump false claim,” he said, pointing viewers to his team’s online fact
check of the debate.

Harris’ false claim was “about the economic situation that the Biden-
Harris administration was left by Trump” that wasn’t as bad as she
suggested, said Dale. She “added at least a few misleading claims and a
few more that lack key context,” said Dale, but it was incomparable to
Trump’s lies.

On X, formerly Twitter, Dale wrote: “Trump has been staggeringly
dishonest and Harris has been overwhelmingly (though not entirely)
factual.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daniel-dale-fact-check-trump-harris-
debate_n_66e12f67e4b02be061c6bd5d
Scout
2024-09-11 17:24:55 UTC
CNN Fact-Checker Exposes 'Lie After Lie' That Donald Trump Told At Debate
Daniel Dale summed up the former president's debate performance with two
scathing words.
Former President Donald Trump "made at least 33 false claims" compared
with "at least one false claim" from Democratic rival Kamala Harris in
Tuesday's presidential debate, according to CNN fact-checking reporter
Daniel Dale.
You do realize that "at least one" does NOT mean she didn't tell more false
claims than Trump?

Means she could have said 1 lie, 100 lies, 1,000 lies or even more.

As such, this analysis really means exactly nothing.

We have no idea of what standard was used for asserting a claim was false,
we have no collaboration of this analysis and finally...
as stated above, the numbers given mean exactly nothing as to who made more
false claims only that CNN would like you to believe it was Trump.
Anumbis
2024-09-12 01:00:01 UTC
Post by Scout
[...]
If you believe everything Trump says all the time, is he really telling
you lies?
Ubiquitous
2024-09-12 21:41:09 UTC
Post by Ryan
CNN Fact-Checker Exposes ‘Lie After Lie’ That Donald Trump Told At Debate
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/daniel-dale-fact-check-trump-harris-
debate_n_66e12f67e4b02be061c6bd5d
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7