What Did You Watch? 2024-09-10 (Tuesday)
Add Reply
Ubiquitous
2024-09-11 08:30:40 UTC
On the night of the <s>second</s>first presidential debate, I watched:

GROSS: DONALD TRUMP ISN'T THE FIRST MAN E JEAN CARROLL HAS ACCUSED...:
E Jean Carroll is best known for her allegations against Donald Trump. But
he's only one of many to fall prey to her "embellishments." Just ask her dog.

IMPORT HAITI, BECOME HAITI: OHIO PET EATING EDITION:
Over the last few years more than 20,000 Haitian migrants have flooded
Springfield, Ohio. Now they're crashing cars, hitting school busses, and
eating ducks from the park.And the kind residents can think the Harris/Biden
administration for all of it.

MEGYN KELLY ON HOW KAMALA HARRIS WILL TRY TO RATTLE TRUMP - AND HOW HE CAN
EXPLOIT HER WEAKNESSES:
Megyn Kelly gives a debate breakdown and preview of how Kamala Harris will
try to rattle Trump, the female vs. male factor in past debates, Harris' tics
of saying "I'm speaking" and "we should have a conversation," how Trump can
exploit her weaknesses, and more.

WHO "THE PHANTOM KILLER" MOST LIKELY WAS (TEXARKANA MOONLIGHT MURDERS):

00:00 Intro
01:29 Timeline
08:29 The theories
12:09 What most likely happened

I did not realize "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" was based on a real event!

"THE PHANTOM WHISTLER OF LOUISIANA" MUST BE THE STRANGEST MYSTERY EVER:

Who most likely committed the gruesome Villisca Axe Murders (6 children +
parents dead):

00:00 Intro
00:30 Recap
05:46 The Theories
11:18 What most likely happened

DEBATE PREDICTION: WILL KAMALA & ABC NEWS TRY TO TRAP TRUMP?:
The first debate between former president Donald Trump and Vice President
Kamala Harris is quickly approaching. So, Glenn and Stu give their best
predictions: Will Trump force Harris to finally admit the policies she's for?
Will Harris try to trap Trump into making comments that the media can spin?
Will she just call him a "felon" constantly? Will Trump bring his classic
energy, or has surviving an assassination attempt mellowed him? And which
would be better in his face-off against Harris? Glenn and Stu also discuss a
report from the Media Research Center, which found that the debate's host
network, ABC News, is as biased as can be.

THE SEC^H^H^HFIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE:
Watched as much as I could but became frustrated by the moderators' bias and
Kamala constantly lying about her positions. I am willing to wager that we
will discover, once it's too late to matter, that she and the moderators
collaborated. I then watched the reviews and analysis and the liberal media
response was also as predicted.

WELCOME TO PLATHVILLE:
"That's What Walls Are For". The Plath family joins Moriah in Tampa to
prepare for her music video shoot, but doubts arise over Kim and Barry living
together. Olivia and Lydia Grace try speed dating, but no one compares to the
one Olivia already has her eye on.

Everyone shows up at an AB&B in Tampa, presumably to help Moriah record and
make a music video for her new "song" or "album". Naturally, they tried to
play up the tension between Kim and Barry and had some contrived staged drama
over where everyone was going to sleep (spoiler alert: Barry got stuck with
the couch) and Kim acting like a bitch while cooking breakfast.

Olivia and her sister go out for an evening of speed-dating, something I
didn't know still existed. It's all a Moot Point, however, as Olivia didn't
bother to mark anyone as "I want to meet again". Oh yeah, looks like we're
going to have a surprise reveal of her long-distance boyfriend, a la
Veronica.

Back in Tampa, the Plaths (plus Veronica!) sit around and bad-mouth Moriah's
mystery man, who they might or might not have met. If I weren't beyond tired
of it, I certainly was after this! I chuckled at Micah suggesting he scared
Moriah's mystery man. Moriah has a "private conversation" with Kim and a
cameraman about her hair falling out from the stress of her mystery man
drama.

Ethan and Moriah perform a duet at the nicest studio they have ever seen
while holding a smartie phone displaying the lyrics. Don't real recording
studios have teleprompters, or is it assumed the vocal talent won't need
them?

What did you watch?

Let's go Brandon!
Ian J. Ball
2024-09-11 14:12:50 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
My longest workday of the week, so just one soap and one movie:

soaps: GH - Mon's ep. NuNuJordan catches the hit man trying to kill
Lucky's doctor friend, and hauls him to the cop shop. At the end,
Lucky's doctor friend wakes up from the coma. Holly Sutton (Emma Sams)
refuses to help Lucky escape, lest it mess up Holly's planned "big pay
day"! Anna questions Sonny and Jason, and later Michael and NuKristina
too, who lie about knowing about Sonny's missing gun. NuMolly
righteously dismisses her mother and tears a strip off NuNuNuKristina
(who is awful!) and refuses to forgive Kristina; then Chase and Dex show
up to haul Alexis in for questioning for tossing the gun.

Meanwhile, I failed to stop by Amazon Prime renewal (don't ask!), so I
am stuck with Prime Video for another year, and as expected the ads are
now proliferating... Off Prime I watched:

Amy's F**k It List (Prime) - I watched this 2023 flick because it stars
Alyson Gorske whom I like quite a bit and think is underrated. (Gorske's
better than the Asylum, etc. flicks she's been stuck in. She also
starred in Netflix's recent unevenly-received "Obliterated" TV series
which is one of the few things still on Netflix I've been tempted to watch.)
The issue here is that while I liked this film's basic concept and
Gorske's performance, the film lets the concept down and has a jarring
out-of-left-field ending.
Sidenote: This film is set in Sacramento! and filmed in the greater
Sacramento area.
Gorske plays Amy, a(n apparently mid-20s) slacker, who has mostly
cut herself off from the world (e.g. no friends), and works at something
like Dollar Tree where she has a horrible boss. In fact, in life, Amy is
generally treated like crap, but refuses to fight back.
Her only human contact seems to be her pregnant sister (Angel Prater).
It takes too long to get there, but then Amy faints at work, and a
few days later(?), over Zoom, gets the diagnosis that she has an
aggressive, inoperable glioblastoma brain tumor, and has just *days* to
live.
Did I mention that this film is primarily a *comedy*?!
Amy tells her sister the news, who suggests that rather than coming
up with a "bucket list", Amy should come up with a "F**k it list" - i.e.
do all the things other people are afraid to do in their lives because
of the fear of consequences.
The film is mildly amusing with some of this, though honestly the
only scene I found downright funny is the one where, again over Zoom,
the sister is turned down for a loan by a merciless bank loan officer.
But there are several problems here. One, I never bought that Amy
was terminally ill, because she seems totally fine and presents no
symptoms (in fact, I thought where this was going was that it was going
to turn out that Amy had been incorrectly diagnosed...). Two, it takes
too long to get going, and overall isn't amusing enough. Three,
especially early on, Amy seems more pathetic than "sympathetic". Four,
realistically, Amy's "f**k it" activities should have landed her in jail
a lot sooner.
But the biggest issue I had was the ending, which felt completely
out-of-left-field, and worse *unearned*. The rest of the movie had not
been leading up to this kind of ending, and while they had been laying
some very, very low-key hints about it, it still felt like a
bait-and-switch.
So while I liked Gorske, this film doesn't have a consistent tone,
and just doesn't do enough with the concept (nor really sell it either).

What did you watch?
Arthur Lipscomb
2024-09-12 01:15:51 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
[...]
Cool. I used to live in Sacramento and I still visit every other month
or so. But off the top of my head, outside of maybe a scene featuring
the California governor, I can't think of any movies or TV series set
in Sacramento and certainly not filmed there.
Ella Smith
2024-09-12 14:43:03 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
E Jean Carroll is best known for her allegations against Donald Trump. But
he's only one of many to fall prey to her "embellishments." Just ask her dog.
http://youtu.be/-K2u1yf3EwE
You said link in the description to the Atlantic article but there are no links in the description.
Can someone help here?
Post by Ubiquitous
Over the last few years more than 20,000 Haitian migrants have flooded
Springfield, Ohio. Now they're crashing cars, hitting school busses, and
eating ducks from the park.And the kind residents can think the Harris/Biden
administration for all of it.
http://youtu.be/2BNn_PDs26w
Could you imagine if the Government dumped 20,000 hatians in Martha's Vinyard?
Post by Ubiquitous
Megyn Kelly gives a debate breakdown and preview of how Kamala Harris will
try to rattle Trump, the female vs. male factor in past debates, Harris' tics
of saying "I'm speaking" and "we should have a conversation," how Trump can
exploit her weaknesses, and more.
http://youtu.be/z235AFNyAc4
00:00 Intro
He said this happened in 1964, but it should be 1946.
Post by Ubiquitous
01:29 Timeline
08:29 The theories
12:09 What most likely happened
http://youtu.be/3dQVg8G3uns
I did not realize "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" was based on a real event!
Youel Sweeny was the phantom killer, his wife who witnessed 2 of the killings told police but she
was to scared to testify and couldn't be forced. The other reason they didn't charge him with these
crimes is because they couldn't find the gun used which according to his wife was thrown into a
river.

They instead charged and imprisoned Sweeny for being a habitual criminal which is why there were no
more killings.

You also say Sweeney died in prison, not true. He died in a nursing home.
Post by Ubiquitous
http://youtu.be/1X-x-Vg8IzQ
It could be that the sheriff told the mother and daughter the whistler's identity, but they knew him
and his family. And this "talk" the sheriff had with the whistler could have been rough. A slapping
around, threats of ending up in a mental institution or some other undesirable outcome could have
been enough to make the whistler stop. The sheriff made the harassment stop and that was enough for
the mother and daughter. An arrest and trial would have dragged matters out.
Post by Ubiquitous
Who most likely committed the gruesome Villisca Axe Murders (6 children +
00:00 Intro
00:30 Recap
05:46 The Theories
11:18 What most likely happened
http://youtu.be/LIbSflSw2Qk
I listened to season two of American Hauntings Podcast. It has a lot more details of everything than
this. From that, there was a series of murders via train routes going on around the Midwest. It ends
up being an extremely wild story in the fact that it gets into so much detail. This murder changed
things in the state of Iowa. I’d suggest a listen. But I know a few that have ghost hunted there and
gotten absolutely zero. It’s more hype and a tourist attraction than it is haunted. I’m an Iowan and
out of curiosity im going to go visit sometime.
http://youtu.be/3GpCKIiNjuo
[...]
Kim really is the whole narcissistic package. There she is, speculating that if Barry ever had to
spend time with Ken they would inevitably get into a fistfight over her. WTF? Are they 15? Then,
Barry comes into the kitchen and tries to make some benign small talk while she's cooking breakfast
and she cannot even pretend to be pleasant;, instead refusing to even look at him and giving him the
silent treatment. It's pretty obvious the divorce is not amicable, but they're both required to do
the TV show and they seemingly need the money; so lighten up already. I suppose the whole scenario
could've been producer driven, but I don't think Kim is that good of an actress.

I have no idea why Olivia went speed dating when she is seemingly gaga over some guy that lives 3000
miles away. Isn't this just her second relationship in her life? She married the first guy that
showed an interest and now seemingly wants to be exclusive with the new guy she barely knows. It's
becoming kind of obvious that she is not so good at relationships and seemingly overcommits the
minute she meets a guy she likes. As for the speed dating, is that still a thing? I thought that
fad burned itself out 20 years ago. Olivia's sister, Lydia Grace (not Lydia, not Grace; but Lydia
Grace?) is not the sharpest tool in the shed and I could do without her talking heads as she has
nothing interesting to say ever. She makes the rest of the Plaths look erudite and articulate.
BTR1701
2024-09-12 17:23:43 UTC
Post by Ella Smith
Post by Ubiquitous
Over the last few years more than 20,000 Haitian migrants have flooded
Springfield, Ohio. Now they're crashing cars, hitting school busses, and
eating ducks from the park.And the kind residents can think the Harris/Biden
administration for all of it.
http://youtu.be/2BNn_PDs26w
Could you imagine if the Government dumped 20,000 hatians in Martha's Vinyard?
It's interesting how that never seems to happen, isn't it?

The people who are most in favor of all this unregulated mass immigration and
who vote in politicians who will implement it never have to feel its sting, do
they?

Beverly Hills doesn't get 60,000 Haitians dumped on their doorsteps. No,
instead normal working-class people in the middle of Ohio just trying to get
through the day suddenly have to contend with a literal invasion of their
small town. And to make matters worse, the government uses our tax money to
pay their rent above market rate so the actual American citizens are being
kicked out of their homes so the landlords can get more money renting to the
Haitians then they make renting to Americans.