Barbra Streisand swears she's not a diva
Rhino
2023-11-15 01:22:53 UTC
In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
ordinary person and not a diva at all.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376

I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
"Where there's smoke...."
Rhino
shawn
2023-11-15 02:02:46 UTC
On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 20:22:53 -0500, Rhino
Post by Rhino
In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
ordinary person and not a diva at all.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
"Where there's smoke...."
I don't know either, but I can understand someone who doesn't like the
crowds that can gather around someone as well known as her. Which
could extend to what she goes through as she prepares for a
performance.
Adam H. Kerman
We've all seen Funny Girl. I'm not buying it.
BTR1701
2023-11-15 03:18:16 UTC
Post by Rhino
In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
ordinary person and not a diva at all.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
"Where there's smoke...."
LOL! She's such a diva she has an entire "effect" named after her:

The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove
or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasin
awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actres
Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Recor
Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, whic
was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew fa
greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.

The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein onc
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they ar
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
trotsky
2023-11-15 10:15:45 UTC
Post by Rhino
In a new interview exclusive to CBC, Streisand swears she's just an
ordinary person and not a diva at all.
https://www.cbc.ca/radio/sunday/barbra-streisand-new-memoir-1.7025376
I thought you might find this amusing. I don't much care either way but
I've certainly heard her called a diva many times over the years.
"Where there's smoke...."
LOL! As DH Lawrence once said in a book review, "Trust the tale and not
the teller." You keep falling into the same trap because you're stupid.
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
Bering Sea Bar & Brig
Of course a Van Nuys resident is jealous of Malibu
BTR1701
If you're referring to me, I don't live anywhere near Van Nuys.
trotsky
Anonyshits never do.
Bering Sea Bar & Brig
By past postings I'd guess Manhattan Beach area down wind from the Chevron. The refinery pollution explains much. 📽
Ubiquitous
2023-11-17 09:30:52 UTC
Post by BTR1701
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
remove,or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by
increasing awareness of that information. It is named after American singer
and actress Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California
Coastal Record Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu,
California, which was taken to document California coastal erosion,
inadvertently drew far greater attention to the heretofore obscure
photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.

Let's go Brandon!
The Horny Goat
2023-11-18 17:48:12 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.
Hmmm. I just went into MS-Word and verified that two of my three
childrens' names were "misspelled" (one of them is 'Johnny") as was my
own till I got annoyed and added my own name to their 'dictionary'

So why couldn't Streisand simply added her own name to Word's
'dictionary'?
Ubiquitous
2023-11-20 09:30:46 UTC
Post by The Horny Goat
Post by Ubiquitous
I distinctly remember her demanding MS Word enforce her misspelled name.
Hmmm. I just went into MS-Word and verified that two of my three
childrens' names were "misspelled" (one of them is 'Johnny") as was my
own till I got annoyed and added my own name to their 'dictionary'
So why couldn't Streisand simply added her own name to Word's
'dictionary'?
Umm, because she's a diva?

Let's go Brandon!
super70s
2023-11-19 19:35:38 UTC
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
be more accurate.
Dimensional Traveler
dirty old man.
super70s
2023-11-20 05:59:45 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by super70s
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide, remove,
or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
awareness of that information. It is named after American singer and actress
Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the California Coastal Record
Project's photograph of her cliff-top residence in Malibu, California, which
was taken to document California coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far
greater attention to the heretofore obscure photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein once
people are aware that some information is being kept from them, they are
significantly more motivated to acquire and spread it that information.
Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
be more accurate.
Too long.
Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
on the right).
BTR1701
2023-11-20 06:14:43 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by BTR1701
[...]
It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term and he'd laug
his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.
super70s
2023-11-20 10:56:02 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by BTR1701
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
remove, or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by increasing
[...]
Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>
and he'd laugh his ass off at someone claiming he's on 'the right'.
Ubiquitous

Let's go Brandon!
BTR1701
2023-11-20 20:22:42 UTC
Post by super70s
Post by super70s
Post by BTR1701
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to hide,
remove, or censor information, where the effort instead backfires by
increasing awareness of that information. It is named after American
singer and actress Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the
California Coastal Record Project's photograph of her cliff-top
residence in Malibu, California, which was taken to document California
coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far greater attention to the
heretofore obscure photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance, wherein
once people are aware that some information is being kept from them,
they are significantly more motivated to acquire and spread that
information.
Seems somewhat misnamed to me, "The Streisand Followers' Effect" would
be more accurate.
Too long.
Barbra Streisand is hardly the first or only celebrity to take legal
action over a private property concern, that alone is no reason to tag
her as a "diva" and she never asked for some catty and shallow "rule"
to be thought up and named after her (probably by some political sniper
on the right).
It was actually Mike Masnick of TechDirt that coined the term
Oh a recognized expert in the field of psychology and human behavior. <gag>
More than you are with your fantastically accurate insight into who came
up with the term.

And why would one need to be a "recognized expert in the field of
psychology and human behavior" to give a name to the fact that when you
try and hide shit from people it just makes them more curious about it
than if you'd just left it alone.

That's something that anyone with more than 10 years experience on the
planet knows.
super70s
2023-11-21 00:43:04 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by super70s
Post by super70s
Post by BTR1701
The Streisand Effect is an unintended consequence of attempts to
hide, remove, or censor information, where the effort instead backfires
by increasing awareness of that information. It is named after American
singer and actress Barbra Streisand, whose attempt to suppress the
California Coastal Record Project's photograph of her cliff-top
residence in Malibu, California, which was taken to document California
coastal erosion, inadvertently drew far greater attention to the
heretofore obscure photograph.
The Streisand Effect is an example of psychological reactance,
wherein once people are aware that some information is being kept from
them, they are significantly more motivated to acquire and spread that
information.
[...]
Psychology and group behavior has been studied since ancient times by
some of the brightest minds in history, to think this guy finally came
up with a unique "effect" that no one else ever postulated after several
centuries is laughable.

trotsky
Does he identify as being on the side of dirt then?
Ubiquitous
2023-11-17 09:30:51 UTC
Streisand swears she's just an ordinary person and not a diva at all.
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

I will always remember the time her hen-pecked husband accidentally got
between her and the camera shot at the Academy Awards(?) show. Judging
by the lasers about to shoot out of her eyes at him, I have no doubt she
harranged him all the way home.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2023-11-17 14:59:03 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Streisand swears she's just an ordinary person and not a diva at all.
TROLL-O-METER
5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity
I will always remember the time her hen-pecked husband accidentally got
between her and the camera shot at the Academy Awards(?) show. Judging
by the lasers about to shoot out of her eyes at him, I have no doubt she
harranged him all the way home.
There’s a reason her son-in-law beats his wife.
Post by Ubiquitous
--
Let's go Brandon!