Elon Introduces a Line of New Semi-Sentient Robots
Add Reply
BTR1701
2024-10-12 16:57:59 UTC
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16

There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.

And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government should have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-10-12 17:06:57 UTC
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government should have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
Sorry, but this crap won't work. You'll never form a well-regulated
militia out of these things. Also they'll start spending the whole time
posting on Twitter.
Trock
Elon's robo trucks are a joke. $
Your Name
Elon himself is a joke, as is every looney idea he comes up with.
BTR1701
2024-10-13 03:33:31 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
And yet he's the one who has to rescue the Boeing astronauts from the ISS
because his space rocket works and Boeing's fell apart.
shawn
2024-10-13 06:18:03 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Just because he has smart people working for him at various companies
doesn't change the fact that he is a bit loony. He's just a man who
got extremely lucky with Paypal and has been able to keep the money
train flowing with the hype he puts out for his various companies.
He's very much like Trump but smarter.
Your Name
2024-10-13 06:34:04 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
They're both morons!

In fact, Musk is probably the more stupid since he goes around
supporting Trump the Chump's campaign, while Trump himself goes around
saying nobody wants electric cars (about the only thing Trump teh Chump
has ever been correct about). :-)
shawn
2024-10-13 09:01:17 UTC
Post by Your Name
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Apparently a lot of people do want electric cars. I live in an area
that isn't ritzy but yet there are people with quite a few electric
cars here as I can tell when they drive by. Now that may be because of
the support the federal government was/is giving. I know that was
supposedly one of the reasons Teslas were selling quite well due to
the government savings people got for buying an electric car.

For me I occasionally need to drive over a few hundred miles which
means a long recharge session each way if I had an electric car. Plus
the mileage that the car companies advertise isn't accurate because
they also say you should not charge to 100%, but only to around 80%.
Which means you have to recharge much sooner.
BTR1701
2024-10-15 04:03:11 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by Your Name
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
California Cops Are Finding Out Teslas Are 'Nearly Unusable' As Police
Cruisers

https://autos.yahoo.com/california-cops-finding-teslas-nearly-165500844.html

Police in California are experiencing what happens when good intentions crash
into reality. Police departments are transitioning to battery powered vehicles
but those vehicles come with challenges that make cops' jobs more difficult.

California is all in on an electric future, planning to ban the sale of gas
and diesel powered cars starting in 2035. To get ready for this brave new
world some police departments started with buying a few Teslas. These
departments immediately ran into serious problems using the vehicles as
cruisers, such as a lack of charging infrastructure, inadequate interior
space, expensive and lengthy retrofitting processes, interference from
advanced driver safety assistance systems and more.

Police Chief Cedric Crook for the Ukiah, California police department told San
Francisco Gate he doesn't think the department's Model 3s will see action any
time soon:

Tesla back seats "only have room for one prisoner," Crook said, limiting an
officer's ability to sequester suspects. With an all-Tesla police force, Crook
believes incidents involving more than one party will require more officers to
respond with more cars, putting strain on resources, all because of the tiny
back seat.

Police are often required to transport suspects, witnesses, or victims for
cases they're working, sometimes for long distances. Crook remembered a case
where his detectives drove 630 miles to Mexico to transport a potentially
dangerous subject in their vehicle. If the detectives were in a Tesla, Crook
noted they would have had to spend an hour in the middle of the drive at an
unsecured public charging station standing guard over the person, something
that would not happen with an internal combustion engine.

Furthermore, Crook told SFGATE that he'd heard officers were unable to
comfortably get in and out of the driver's seat with their duty belt on
because of the Tesla design. Police duty belts generally weigh between 20 and
25 pounds, adding bulk to an officer's torso, which may not fit within the
slim, streamlined Tesla aesthetic.

Another concern Crook has about Teslas, and EVs broadly, comes from an
essential lesson he was taught in the police academy: "In a firefight, hide
behind the engine block." In a Tesla, there is no engine block, leaving
officers without their preferred cover, he said.**

The Model Y is not much better than the Model 3, according to Menlo Park
officers. Problems include cramped spaces for cops in bullet proof vests and
duty belts leave little room for comfort and an inability to do cop things
like jump curbs due to Autopilot programming.

[**NOTE: I took cover behind the engine block in my academy and the
instructors skipped rounds off the pavement under the car and into my ankles
to disabuse me of the notion that there's any valid cover behind a car other
than directly behind the wheels.]
shawn
2024-10-15 05:53:17 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by Your Name
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
So clearly they should have bought Cybertrucks instead of the basic
Tesla. I actually saw my first Cybertruck in the wild today. It struck
me the same way in person as I felt all along. That the Cybertruck is
for someone with more money than sense who wants to show off the money
they have.
Post by BTR1701
Another concern Crook has about Teslas, and EVs broadly, comes from an
essential lesson he was taught in the police academy: "In a firefight, hide
behind the engine block." In a Tesla, there is no engine block, leaving
officers without their preferred cover, he said.**
And you wouldn't really want to duck down low enough to hide behind
the battery pack. After all if that is hit then the car make become as
much of a danger as the suspects.
Your Name
2024-10-15 06:42:59 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by Your Name
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
The idiotic Cybertruck is even worse than Tesla's useless cars. The
morinic things are breaking down everywhere (there's even a broken one
in Seattle, USA that has become a tourist attraction!). They can't even
drive through a small puddle on the road! They probably hold the world
record for the most recalls in the shortest time.
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Another concern Crook has about Teslas, and EVs broadly, comes from an
essential lesson he was taught in the police academy: "In a firefight, hide
behind the engine block." In a Tesla, there is no engine block, leaving
officers without their preferred cover, he said.**
And you wouldn't really want to duck down low enough to hide behind
the battery pack. After all if that is hit then the car make become as
much of a danger as the suspects.
The battery pack in most electric cars is along the floor, so you'd
have to lie down on the road / pavement to get "behind" it.
anim8rfsk
2024-10-15 06:01:03 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by Your Name
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by Your Name
Post by Trock
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Scottsdale police tested 1974 Bricklins as patrol cars. They looked cool:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/rGFJRu0jENHgu70NgQiddZuMT4eIddRfPI_jOnsIokMgUZm_C6yP7Ay9pCSq4OWePca2wUl-t5i4UgleYTWbQzCPSj5uc3pt2cm-T4wmqEkW5tY5UvNcYw

But the first generation electric gull wing doors took like 15 seconds to
open

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/6ksliWICCGSnNSo3lXsoROLYaTB2lv75LSu3FaRBoq8sdvd8lWGA3vkkahudjlh3K93PrP1r6K8hKcmbtXvIUWlpJTvhYWKg1I1YIjNbcD05jtDGhJzGXuZDpsMXOrVEP4E

So a cop pulled somebody over and sits there while his door opens.

Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum

Cop steps out, perp takes off. Cop gets back in and waits while the door
closes.

Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum
Nyum

Perp is long gone.

What Bricklins were good for was getting beautiful women to call you and
ask you to take them out. Here’s mine:

Wi1liam T T
Soon all cars will be made in China. Nothing can stop it from happening.
The Horny Goat
2024-10-15 03:48:12 UTC
On Sat, 12 Oct 2024 17:06:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Sorry, but this crap won't work. You'll never form a well-regulated
militia out of these things. Also they'll start spending the whole time
posting on Twitter.
I confess I was wondering how battle robots could ever be part of a
'well regulated militia'!
moviePig
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
BTR1701
2024-10-12 20:46:33 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government shouldn't have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
moviePig
2024-10-12 21:13:34 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government shouldn't have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
Irrespective of what I remember, do YOU believe an ordinary citizen
should have access to as much lethal firepower as he wants?
BTR1701
I'm not going to keep answering the same question over and over again.
moviePig
How about just once, directly? (E.g., 'yes', 'no', 'I don't know'...)
BTR1701
2024-10-12 22:13:09 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I did answer it directly: As much as any individual citizen wants.

You're suffering from Effa Syndrome, wherein you seem to believe that answers
you don't like aren't answers.
moviePig
2024-10-13 16:57:39 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
[...]
When you gave (essentially) that answer before, you tied it to an answer
of mine that you deemed absurd. Now, it's plain...

...and raises the question of whether/how you think a society that
grants individuals unrestricted destructive power can survive.
BTR1701
We're at 200+ years and still going strong.
moviePig
Man falling a hundred floors, after 99 of them: "So far, so good!"
BTR1701
<shrug> Two centuries is a good enough proof of concept for me.
moviePig
2024-10-14 15:37:17 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
[...]
The actually relevant concept is that body counts have kept pace with
individuals' access to lethal firepower.
The Horny Goat
2024-10-15 03:54:26 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
Irrespective of what I remember, do YOU believe an ordinary citizen
should have access to as much lethal firepower as he wants?
I dunno - but the fellow in our town who used to own a 50s era T-54
Russian tank was allowed to keep ammo but the local police required
him to keep the main gun's firing block at the police station. (And he
was not allowed to keep .50 caliber machine gun ammo at home)

I'm told the local cops were pleased when he donated the tank to the
museum at the army base about 50 miles away when he got tired of the
attention.

(This guy lives about 3 miles from me so when it was in the news I did
a driveby past his place and while he had wooden sawhorses blocking
the path to his garage it was otherwise open. Apparently it was Czech
army surplus and was considered semi-obsolete when he got it.

And the guy in Seattle who imported the statue of Lenin from the
Czechs and put it on his lawn in full view of the road behind his
fence still has it too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lenin+statue+seattle&sca_esv=f9fb5af1b1de2795&sxsrf=ADLYWILC6Qq03c5tEHW1-dWvgqusLqv0fA:1728964408441&source=hp&biw=1487&bih=836&ei=OOcNZ-aTGIq40PEPgtSnsAo&iflsig=AL9hbdgAAAAAZw31SHFWs3FGmzfg9v5uXefk7bvtWioU&ved=0ahUKEwjmj5Grvo-JAxUKHDQIHQLqCaYQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=lenin+statue+seattle&gs_lp=EgNpbWciFGxlbmluIHN0YXR1ZSBzZWF0dGxlMgUQABiABDIFEAAYgAQyBhAAGAUYHjIHEAAYgAQYGDIHEAAYgAQYGEjfJ1AAWNwjcAB4AJABAJgBSqABjAiqAQIyMLgBA8gBAPgBAYoCC2d3cy13aXotaW1nmAIUoAK8CMICBBAjGCfCAggQABiABBixA8ICBBAAGAPCAg4QABiABBixAxiDARiKBcICBBAAGB7CAgYQABgIGB6YAwCSBwIyMKAHtls&sclient=img&udm=2#vhid=fgwRKXPzcDdt4M&vssid=mosaic
Adam H. Kerman
2024-10-12 22:31:33 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what
would be the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested
a Barrett .50-cal. It'd prolly be overkill for one of Elon's
first-generation Terminators, but you might as well start preparing
for the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment
includes the right to own personal combat robots. The government
shouldn't have a monopoly on weaponized drones and androids.
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
Lethal firepower?

Is there any other kind?

moviePig is doing dialogue from A Few Good Men.
moviePig
2024-10-13 17:00:28 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what
would be the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested
a Barrett .50-cal. It'd prolly be overkill for one of Elon's
first-generation Terminators, but you might as well start preparing
for the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment
includes the right to own personal combat robots. The government
shouldn't have a monopoly on weaponized drones and androids.
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
Lethal firepower?
Yes.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Is there any other kind?
Yes.
Yes. You can't handle the truth.
The Horny Goat
2024-10-15 03:56:59 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
As much as they want to. The right to choose supersedes the government's
right to meddle, remember?
Lethal firepower?
Yes.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Is there any other kind?
Yes.
Somehow I don't think the Second Amendment was written to counter
water cannons...
moviePig
2024-10-15 15:58:27 UTC
Post by The Horny Goat
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Is there any other kind?
Yes.
Somehow I don't think the Second Amendment was written to counter
water cannons...
Neither water cannons nor Gatling guns...

Your Name
2024-10-12 22:32:08 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what
would be the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a
Barrett .50-cal. It'd prolly be overkill for one of Elon's
first-generation Terminators, but you might as well start preparing for
the T-101s now.
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment
includes the right to own personal combat robots. The government should
have a monopoly on weaponized drones and androids.
So, how much lethal firepower SHOULD an ordinary citizen have access to?
I wouldn't worry about it. Muskrat's silly robots won't even "work" as
well as his awful Tesla so-called cars ... which are absolutely useless
too. He'll keep claiming he's "done it" while the people working for
him keep saying "they don't work", and 20 years later it will still be
in the same non-working place.

Muskrat spends too much time stoned on drugs and not living in the real world.
Mr. Black
Elon's cars are the Dodge's of the EV world. Absolute crap.
Your Name
2024-10-13 21:26:57 UTC
Post by Mr. Black
Post by Your Name
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Not only are his cars complete garbage, but they get worse with every
new release. The original Tesla was horrible, the newer ones are awful
crap, the Cybertruck is utter garbage that doesn't even work. By that
schedule, the next one won't even be able to free roll down a hill and
his so-called "robots" will simply keep falling over every half two
seconds (even worse than Microsloth Windoze!).
Adam H. Kerman
2024-10-12 21:48:07 UTC
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.
Another reason to own a dog
BTR1701
2024-10-12 22:14:34 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1844582314119979012/vid/avc1/1920x1080/iNkNkc8GhsK7GXZP.mp4?tag=16
There was already someone in the comments under the video asking what would be
the best gun for taking one of these down. I suggested a Barrett .50-cal. It'd
prolly be overkill for one of Elon's first-generation Terminators, but you
might as well start preparing for the T-101s now.
Another reason to own a dog
True. I don't think my cat is a reliable early warning system.
The Horny Goat
2024-10-15 03:55:20 UTC
Post by BTR1701
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government should have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
You seriously think a dog could stop such a weapon?

My answer would be "No way - but my dog thinks he could!"
BTR1701
2024-10-15 04:04:56 UTC
Post by BTR1701
And I want to get out ahead of this right now: the 2nd Amendment includes the
right to own personal combat robots. The government should have a monopoly on
weaponized drones and androids.
You seriously think a dog could stop such a weapon?
My answer would be "No way - but my dog thinks he could!"
No, dogs in the TERMINATOR movies could sense the presence of the humanoid
robots and would start barking like crazy, making them good early warning
systems for the Resistance.
anim8rfsk
BTR1701