January 6th Prosecutor Arrested for Stabbing Man in Road Rage Incident
BTR1701
2024-04-02 04:15:37 UTC
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
trotsky
2024-04-02 09:31:21 UTC
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Wow, you have a source: Fox News. I don't have the energy to see how
much bullshit in involved here.
NoBody
2024-04-02 11:30:54 UTC
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Betcha he gets less of a penalty than people who just walked through
the Capitol.
suzeeq
2024-04-02 15:13:20 UTC
Post by NoBody
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
After they broke in.
shawn
2024-04-02 16:15:52 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Betcha he gets less of a penalty than people who just walked through
the Capitol.
After they broke in.
And before it is brought up, yes there was the video of a cop standing
there letting the people in, but what isn't brought up is the people
were storming the door and he was faced with trying to fight
tens/hundreds of people trying to get by him and risking serious
injury or standing aside. I can't blame him for standing aside.

You can't say the people didn't know they were doing something wrong
as everyone one of them had to cross the barricades that had been
setup around the building. So the fact that the cop stood aside as
they walked in doesn't mean they weren't breaking the law.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-04-02 17:20:51 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Betcha he gets less of a penalty than people who just walked through
the Capitol.
After they broke in.
And before it is brought up, yes there was the video of a cop standing
there letting the people in, but what isn't brought up is the people
were storming the door and he was faced with trying to fight
tens/hundreds of people trying to get by him and risking serious
injury or standing aside. I can't blame him for standing aside.
You can't say the people didn't know they were doing something wrong
as everyone one of them had to cross the barricades that had been
setup around the building. So the fact that the cop stood aside as
they walked in doesn't mean they weren't breaking the law.
Of course there's an argument. There's always an argument.

Your honor, I make a motion to dismiss the charge. My client was not
trespassing on the grounds of the Capitol. The barriers had not yet been
erected when he entered the Capitol grounds. Prosecution has presented
no evidence that the defendant evaded the barrier.

If he wasn't trespassing on the Capitol grounds, then he wasn't
trespassing having entered the Capitol through an open door. That's a
valid defense and those charges should have been dismissed.

Please don't argue that someone should be prosecuted on the basis of
inference and not evidence,
BTR1701
2024-04-02 17:43:51 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400
/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Betcha he gets less of a penalty than people who just walked through
the Capitol.
After they broke in.
And before it is brought up, yes there was the video of a cop standing
there letting the people in, but what isn't brought up is the people
were storming the door and he was faced with trying to fight
tens/hundreds of people trying to get by him and risking serious
injury or standing aside. I can't blame him for standing aside.
When I was assigned to the outer perimeter of the White House grounds,
there is no scenario short of Godzilla where I would have stood aside
and let attackers through the gates, let alone into the White House. If
it meant I died that day, that was the job I signed up for.
shawn
2024-04-02 18:28:36 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1774781156933693440/vid/avc1/320x400
/MkrNQoMQg_JapL6E.mp4?tag=14
Betcha he gets less of a penalty than people who just walked through
the Capitol.
After they broke in.
And before it is brought up, yes there was the video of a cop standing
there letting the people in, but what isn't brought up is the people
were storming the door and he was faced with trying to fight
tens/hundreds of people trying to get by him and risking serious
injury or standing aside. I can't blame him for standing aside.
When I was assigned to the outer perimeter of the White House grounds,
there is no scenario short of Godzilla where I would have stood aside
and let attackers through the gates, let alone into the White House. If
it meant I died that day, that was the job I signed up for.
That apparently isn't what cops sign up for as we saw in Uvalde.
Though if the cop truly was concerned about his life being in danger
I'm sure he was equipped with a gun. Even if he shot one person in the
leg that should have been enough to keep most of those people from
even attempting to enter the building.
BTR1701
2024-04-02 19:59:57 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
[...]
Which is what they should have done. Capitol Police are a protection
force, just like the Secret Service. Their job is to protect the Capitol
grounds and members of Congress at all cost, including their own lives,
if necessary. To stand aside and let rioters into the building out of
concerns for their own safety is gross dereliction of duty.
shawn
2024-04-02 22:03:34 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
[...]
On that we can agree. What's the point of being given all this
training, equipment and authority to use it if the one time it's
obvious there's a potential danger he doesn't even pull his weapon
out. I don't know if he had a taser or pepper spray but if he did then
he them or not if he doesn't want to go to leathal force?
FPP
2024-04-03 10:51:34 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Post by shawn
Post by suzeeq
Post by NoBody
Post by BTR1701
From prosecutor to defendant. Good luck with that, buddy!
[...]
Do you think the commanders wanted another Waco? Because shooting
hundreds of unarmed Americans would be a bigger problem that the riot
itself.

They DID use their weapons when it came to it... but mowing down
hundreds of civillians wasn't the first choice.

When Putch came to shove, they used deadly force to stop the rioters
from breaching the inner chamber where the congressmen were.
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.