Cheezy car and house explosions on TV cop shows
RichA
2020-02-18 02:22:36 UTC
When a gas explosion happens, it turns a building into matchsticks. Meanwhile, they simulate one on TV, some flames lick out the windows, that's it. Ridiculous. When a car is bombed in real-life, it gets ripped up. The shell bows outward and the weakest structural components (windows, roof) get blown out or outward. Meanwhile, on TV, you see a big flame, and generally not much else. I figure they do this mediocre blasting because anything else might throw shrapnel.
Hass
2020-02-18 15:19:41 UTC
Perhaps if you left the house once in a whhile these things wouldn't bother you so much.
RichA
2020-02-18 16:34:44 UTC
If they don't bother you, then you probably only watch TV as background noise to whatever it is you do.
ZZyXX
2020-02-18 20:30:49 UTC
that's better than watching TV as the theme of your life
RichA
If you don't care about how good it is, why are you here?
Alan Smithee
2020-02-20 03:07:35 UTC
You want him on the streets?
Hass
2020-02-20 12:56:53 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
Post by Hass
Post by RichA
When a gas explosion happens, it turns a building into matchsticks. Meanwhile, they simulate one on TV, some flames lick out the windows, that's it. Ridiculous. When a car is bombed in real-life, it gets ripped up. The shell bows outward and the weakest structural components (windows, roof) get blown out or outward. Meanwhile, on TV, you see a big flame, and generally not much else. I figure they do this mediocre blasting because anything else might throw shrapnel.
Perhaps if you left the house once in a whhile these things wouldn't bother you so much.
You want him on the streets?
Good point...though I often feel bad for shut-ins.