"FBI" , Tues 15-Oct-2024. Spoilers and ques
Add Reply
danny burstein
2024-10-16 16:25:09 UTC

2024-10-16 16:52:16 UTC
in NYC killing off the half dozen
family and friends who had asassinated
a Persian General (or similar high
rank) a couple of decades ago.
But... there's also the possibilty
this is a CIA "clean up" of all
their operatives 'cuz their IDS
have leaked out.
Seems to me more like the CIA guy was willing to use the
Iranian hit squad to do the clean up. Not sure why he felt it
was necessary to go that route. After all even in the show, they
were able to give the mother and her daughter new identities.
So why not do the same as soon as the IDs were leaked?
Post by danny burstein
Dick Wolf's script, at least to me,
left it vague.
I'll go with the CIA being willing to use the Iranians
but not with the CIA being behind the hit squad.
Post by danny burstein
a: Wolf loves dumping on Big Gov't
Permanent Kkkkonsiparicies
and
b: when the Iranian super duper
assassin meets, umm, one of the
FBI members face to face on the
escalator, he stabs the Fed in
the thigh with a serious, but
not immediately fatal, wound.
As opposed to a slice through the
neck or an upward jab through the
abdomen, which would have the Fed,
err, dead, before hitting the ground.
Well, killing a Feeb would bring on an entirely different
degree of attention. Something that even the
CIA guy couldn't ignore. Though I was bothered
by how he was able to barge in and interrogate
all the FBI agents. I know they made some off hand comment
earlier about him being part of something or other, but it
still did not sit right with me.
BTR1701
2024-10-16 18:44:24 UTC
Post by danny burstein
ok, so we've got what seems to
be an Iranian hit squad operating
in NYC killing off the half dozen
family and friends who had asassinated
a Persian General (or similar high
rank) a couple of decades ago.
But... there's also the possibilty
this is a CIA "clean up" of all
their operatives 'cuz their IDS
have leaked out.
Seems to me more like the CIA guy was willing to use the Iranian hit squad to
do the clean up. Not sure why he felt it was necessary to go that route.
After all even in the show, they were able to give the mother and her
daughter new identities.
I don't understand why the FBI squad thought putting them into WitSec would
make them safe from the CIA. I mean, they're the CIA. If they want to find
you, they will. Plus, arranging for WitSec protection isn't something that can
be done in mere hours. Our office had a witness go into the program once and
it took months for the Marshals to prep and arrange it all. They have to build
new identities that will hold up to the scrutiny of someone with the resources
of a nation-state, purchase real estate with backstopped title histories,
arrange for employment, etc.
Post by danny burstein
Dick Wolf's script, at least to me, left it vague.
I'll go with the CIA being willing to use the Iranians but not with the CIA
being behind the hit squad.
Well, there's no way the Iranians would have found that isolated cabin in the
woods in upstate New York without help. Certainly not in mere hours.
Post by danny burstein
a: Wolf loves dumping on Big Gov't
Permanent Kkkkonsiparicies
and
b: when the Iranian super duper
assassin meets, umm, one of the
FBI members face to face on the
escalator, he stabs the Fed in
the thigh with a serious, but
not immediately fatal, wound.
As opposed to a slice through the
neck or an upward jab through the
abdomen, which would have the Fed,
err, dead, before hitting the ground.
Well, killing a Feeb would bring on an entirely different degree of
attention. Something that even the CIA guy couldn't ignore.
Well, he seemed perfectly cool with the Iranians killing Maggie and OA when he
provided them with the location of the safe house. He had to know that would
have been the result.
Though I was bothered by how he was able to barge in and interrogate all the
FBI agents. I know they made some off hand comment earlier about him being
part of something or other, but it still did not sit right with me.
Yes, that was ridiculous. The CIA doesn't even have authority or jurisdiction
to operate within United States borders. And they have no law enforcement
powers whatsoever. The idea that this guy could hold some kind of forced
debriefing or disciplinary hearing-- to include an SES-level FBI Special Agent
in Charge-- was absurd. If anything Isobel could have arrested *him* for
violating about a half-dozen federal laws. Maggie was absolutely right when
she got in his face and shouted, "I don't report to you!"

I did the same thing once at Camp David when an FBI liaison supervisory agent
started trying to tell me how to do my job. I told him in no uncertain terms
that he had no jurisdiction there, I was not his employee, and if he got in my
way, I'd have the Marines remove him from the area. (Which they would have
happily done since he'd been trying to bigfoot them as well.)
danny burstein
2024-10-16 19:25:21 UTC
In <vep1i8$2bf5h$***@dont-email.me> BTR1701 <***@mac.com> writes:

[snip]
Post by BTR1701
I don't understand why the FBI squad thought putting them into WitSec would
make them safe from the CIA. I mean, they're the CIA. If they want to find
you, they will. Plus, arranging for WitSec protection isn't something that can
be done in mere hours. Our office had a witness go into the program once and
it took months for the Marshals to prep and arrange it all. They have to build
new identities that will hold up to the scrutiny of someone with the resources
of a nation-state, purchase real estate with backstopped title histories,
arrange for employment, etc.
Admittedly my info is, err, a bit dated, but.. regarding WitSec:

I actually bumped into someone who was in WitSec way back [a],
and in an extended, usually friendly.., chat with his handler,
one thing she let slip was...

... was... they had a number of "pre-arranged" IDs so they could
kind of slide someone (who matched reasonably well) into the
slot on quick notice.

Presumably they've got them now, too.

[a] I was a union officer in NYC Emergency Medical Service
and among other tasks, had to defend our members in various
labor-management issues. Now to be sure, some of these
cases were legit, but lots were complete garbage.

But one thing I learned _very_ early was I had to do my
own investigation of everything my member claimed.

In one case... I went to verify his EMT certification.

Now this wsa back when pretty much everyone either knew
or was one step removed from anyone else in the EMS field.

His EMT card was in the NYS certification list, but, for
the hell of it, I called the course supervisor where he
had supposedly trained. He didn't remember the name, so
he looked it up. Yeah, it was in the roster in the
official files, but NOT in his notebook...
***@panix.com