How can Tom Bosley shill SUCH a scam (SMC)?; hope the old goat drops dead
Taylor
2006-11-23 09:43:29 UTC
I see his Specialty Merchandise Corporation (SMC) infomercials all the
time, so tonight I decided to sit down and watch a few minutes and
spend the rest of the half hour Googling "SMC" and "SMC scam" and "SMC
rip off" while listening to it in the background. With all these
scambusters/rip off reports websites out there, there's no (((real)))
reason to get ripped off by an infomercial if you search them out
first (The FTC, The BBB, Consumer Reports, etc., ALSO valuable
resources for consumer fraud). You can read for yourself with the links
I provided below... but it doesn't make me think very highly of Mr. Tom
Bosley, nor does it give a "warm fuzzy feeling" in my heart when I see
him as his Howard Cunningham character on 'Happy Days'.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff153843.htm

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/smc

(I think I've already "peppered" all the necessary search keywords in
this post to help others out there who wish to make an inquiry about a
company's legitimacy. Or in SMC's case, WEASLES!!!! lol)

---

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, AMERICANS!!!
Boffman
2006-11-23 15:44:06 UTC
Post by Taylor
[...]
It gets worse! HUGH DOWNS! HUGH DOWNS! I saw him doiing a similar sort
of commercial for some getricquick thng.. HUGH DOWNS!!!! With all his
money! WHY? WHY? WHY??????????????
Taylor
2006-11-23 22:06:35 UTC
Post by Boffman
Post by Taylor
[...]
OMG, were you watch WUAB, too?
4:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor broken down old relic. Put out to pasture by the find folks at
Baba Wawa.
me
2006-11-24 02:56:02 UTC
Post by Taylor
OMG, were you watch WUAB, too?
4:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they show those infomercials all over the country. I see both on here
occasionally too.
Buttercup
2006-11-24 03:05:10 UTC
I don't necessarily blame Bosley. I ordered the info a few years ago -
looked over it and decided I didn't want to sell it. Some guy over the
phone was aghast at my decision. He said "You contacted us and NOW you
say you DON'T want to sell??!!" I finally said "I did my homework -
I'll be damned if I am going to shell out 300 bucks for a kit. When I
sold PartyLite I didn't shell out a dime for a starter kit!" Of course
the jerk called back for 6 months.
Boffman
That's funny. Yes I think it was WUAB. But not at 4:30a.m.!
Taylor
2006-11-24 07:31:03 UTC
Post by Boffman
Post by Taylor
Post by Boffman
Post by Taylor
[...]
Their ad people (WUAB's) must sell time back-to-back for the two.