What Did You Watch? 2024-09-11 (Wednesday)
Add Reply
Ubiquitous
2024-09-12 08:30:40 UTC
On the anniversary of 9-11, I watched:

THE BEN SHAPIRO SHOW:
"The Most RIGGED Debate In HISTORY". Trump takes on Kamala Harris…and David
Muir…and Lindsey Davis in the most rigged debate in American history; Harris
wins on points, but does it really change the race? Plus, Taylor Swift
finally drops her magical endorsement.

ABC'S COMPLETE FAILURE TO BE FAIR DURING TRUMP VS. HARRIS DEBATE, WITH THE
FIFTH COLUMN HOSTS:
Megyn Kelly is joined by Kmele Foster, Michael Moynihan, and Matt Welch, host
of The Fifth Column podcast, to talk about the biased ABC moderators during
the presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Vice President
Kamala Harris, examples of ABC's clear failure to be fair, how the debate
performance will affect the public's trust in legacy media, and more.

HALF IN THE BAG: BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE:
Remember Beetlejuice? That very unique and original 1980s film that has
spanned generations as a classic film with tons of memorable characters,
performances, and iconography? Well...it's back. They did it again. They made
another one with those same characters, same performances, and same
iconography. Welcome to the underworld of modern movie IP-mining. Dig in!!!
Everything old is up for grabs, just waiting to be recycled!

WOW! DEEP BLUE NYC CHEERS FOR TRUMP: WATCH JOE & KAMALA'S FACES |
StateOfDaniel:
?? Cheers for Trump (None for Kamala) at 9/11 Memorial ??

In deep blue New York City, Trump was greeted by a smattering of cheers. Joe
Biden, Kamala Harris, Donald Trump, and JD Vance showed up for the 9/11
Memorial. Despite being in deep blue NYC, Trump received cheers, while Kamala
and Biden received none.

Also in today's video:

? 9/11 widow calls out Joe Biden
? Joe and Kamala leave 9/11 memorial early
? Joe Biden puts on signature red Trump cap
? Trump joked he would send one to Kamala at the debate
? Footage from 2001 shows Trump headed to Ground Zero
? Biden, Trump both visit Shanksville, PA
? Trump makes surprise stop at Ladder 15
? Kamala called J6 worse than 9/11
? And much more!

POP CULTURE BREAKDOWN | BEETLEJUICE 2 REVIEW | DISNEY NEWS | RINGS OF POWER |
TIME BANDITS:
POP CULTURE BREAKDOWN returns as we review Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, we break
down Disney getting sued over using Peter Cushing in Rogue One, we laugh
about the pitiful petition to save The Acolyte, we welcome our special guest
OsakaChan Doll to talk about pop culture in Japan and play a song she wrote
and performed about the Future Ruler of Earth himself, we bid a sad farewell
to James Earl Jones, and our movie tonight is the Terry Gilliam classic "Time
Bandits"!
https://www.youtube.com/live/_Rh15pHe9UM?si=lhPdjsWS6FNuyVq5

What did you watch?

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2024-09-13 01:08:27 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!
snip
What did you watch?
I would have watched the MTV VMAs had I known it was on. :-/ But I did
The Ark - "Cycle of Violence" - Team Ark jumps out of light speed to
find themselves face to face with a heavily armed enemy ship. Meanwhile
something happened that I *knew* was absolutely going to happen soon. I
won't say what, but I'm just going to pat myself on the back for
accurately predicting it would happen. It's the sort of thing that
*always* happens in a show like this when that particular plot point
pops up. See Farscape, Star Trek: Voyager, and Stargate, for other
recent examples. You'll know it when you see it. ;-)
The exception would be Thomas Riker.

Shaky cam every minute that there isn’t a special effect and suddenly the
camera locks down when there is a special effect
Meanwhile next week's preview looks like they are once again pushing the
more out their sci-fi aspects of the show. I guess they've really
decided to just dump being a grounded sci-fi show.
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Ian J. Ball
2024-09-14 02:11:17 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!
snip
What did you watch?
I would have watched the MTV VMAs had I known it was on. :-/ But I did
The Ark - "Cycle of Violence" - Team Ark jumps out of light speed to
find themselves face to face with a heavily armed enemy ship. Meanwhile
something happened that I *knew* was absolutely going to happen soon. I
won't say what, but I'm just going to pat myself on the back for
accurately predicting it would happen. It's the sort of thing that
*always* happens in a show like this when that particular plot point
pops up. See Farscape, Star Trek: Voyager, and Stargate, for other
recent examples. You'll know it when you see it. ;-)
Yeah, I really did not like that development. (Esp. considering that I
think a third season of this show is a very, very low probability.)
http://youtu.be/uIUFmwD1-xI
Shaky cam every minute that there isn’t a special effect and suddenly the
camera locks down when there is a special effect
Meanwhile next week's preview looks like they are once again pushing the
more out their sci-fi aspects of the show. I guess they've really
decided to just dump being a grounded sci-fi show.
Uh, this has *never" been a "grounded" (IOW: "hard") sci-fi show!!

(And, once again, they get basic stuff *wrong* in this last one! In
season #1, they clearly didn't know what an "element" was! In this one,
they clearly don't know what "light year" means!!)
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p

But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).

I'll get to this ep. in tomorrow's WDYW?...

P.S. It does look like this season will be at least 12 episodes afterall...
anim8rfsk
2024-09-14 06:44:04 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?

Ian J. Ball
2024-09-14 15:04:48 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
anim8rfsk
2024-09-14 15:39:37 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
OMG

That’s one of the 10 worst episodes. That’s right down there with Darmak,
and the pig aliens, and crusher screwing a ghost and crusher directing an
episode where everybody devolves into a different species, and Mayans in
space. It’s worse than “shades of gray”
Arthur Lipscomb
2024-09-14 16:16:30 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
OMG
That’s one of the 10 worst episodes.
I didn't hate "The Inner Light" but everyone else seemed to like it a
*lot* more than I did.

That’s right down there with Darmak,

This was a guest star episode. The plot didn't matter.
Ian J. Ball
2024-09-14 16:42:16 UTC
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!
snip
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!!  :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
OMG
That’s one of the 10 worst episodes.
I didn't hate "The Inner Light" but everyone else seemed to like it a
*lot* more than I did.
"The Inner Light" is one of those episodes that I think only works on a
first (and only?!) viewing - the ending really hits home if you don't
know what's coming.

But it's also an episode that I don't think I've never bothered to watch
again, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't come off nearly so well on a
second viewing.

However, on a first viewing, it "lands".
You mean this "Ark" episode?
anim8rfsk
2024-09-14 19:32:38 UTC
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!
snip
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
That’s right down there with Darmak,
This was a guest star episode.  The plot didn't matter.
You mean this "Ark" episode?
Darmak is the one with Paul Winfield as a member of an incredibly annoying
race who only speak in allegories to make it hard to understand them.

Pass the salt?

Ian, on the ball.

Will you please pass the salt

Ian, on the ball

Give me the goddamn salt you are annoying alien freak.

Ian, on the ball.

I KILL YOU I KILL YOU!!

Ian, on the ball

Also featuring Ashley Judd when she was young and pretty, and possibly
still slightly sane
anim8rfsk
BTR1701
...and Jilad at Tinagra!!!
anim8rfsk
2024-09-14 19:32:37 UTC
Post by BTR1701
In article
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
OMG
That’s one of the 10 worst episodes. That’s right down there with Darmak,
...and Jilad at Tinagra!!!
Ashley Judd, before she went insane
Dimensional Traveler
2024-09-14 22:33:24 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by BTR1701
In article
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by anim8rfsk
They’re going to a well they shouldn’t of gone to in the first place for
the second time this season.
Geez, everyone is a critic!! :p
But, yeah - the next ep looks to be ripping off several things, incl.
what may be the best TNG episode (though "The Ark" is ripping it off
wrong!!).
I’m not sure I was aware there was one. Maybe relics just because it had
Scotty in it?
"The Inner Light" - it looks like Garnet and co. are going to live years
in whatever they get stuck in.
OMG
That’s one of the 10 worst episodes. That’s right down there with Darmak,
...and Jilad at Tinagra!!!
Ashley Judd, before she went insane
So, before you liked her. :P
dirty old man.
anim8rfsk
Ubiquitous
2024-09-13 08:30:41 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Devil's Triangle (Tubi) - An Asylum special from 2021! >:|
I watched this because it actually has a number of people in the
cast that I like (mostly from Lifetime or other indie flicks): Morgan
Bradley, Alyson Gorske, Alissa Filoramo, Anna Shields, and Veronika
Issa. (Poor Veronika Issa - this and the equally wretched "A Stalker in
the House" from 2021 look to be the last things she did, which is too
bad as I was hoping she would make the transition from Asylum crap to
doing Lifetime flicks...)
With Fred Williamson!!
But this is typically awful Asylum s**t.
Gist: Airplane goes down in the "Bermuda Triangle" because it was
shot down by the hidden undersea city of Atlantis! The survivors are
then taken captive by the Atlantians (when they aren't eaten by sharks
first, 'natch - this is an Asylum flick, afterall! so there must be
sharks!!).
But this is the kind of film where somebody says, "All of my wounds
have miraculously healed!", and then in all of the remainder of the film
they are shown still having the same unhealed wounds. Or where the
EVOL!!1! Atlantian King is all psyched about having taken Alyson Gorske
captive because she's an airline (co-)pilot (uh - do the airlines have
pilots in their *twenties*?!?!!) because he wants her to pilot... a
submarine! (That's not how that works! That's not how any of that works!!)
The one thing I did like about this is the EVOL! Atlantians using
global warning to sell someone on doing something for them, when it
turns out they were just trying to con them! True facts!!
What is "global warning"? NORAD? :-)

--
When we cheat, we win!
Harris-Walz 2024
Ubiquitous
2024-09-13 08:30:42 UTC
I would have watched the MTV VMAs had I known it was on. :-/
Why? The MTV VMAs haven't been relevant for at least a score.

--
When we cheat, we win!
Harris/Walz 2024
Ian J. Ball
2024-09-12 13:57:46 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!

Yesterday, I got through:

soaps: Y&R - Tues' and Wed's ep. Most of this was taken up with Lucy
drama and Sharon continuing to crack up (which I am enjoying!) -
eventually Sharon's going in the direction we thought she would go:
she's going to try to kill Daniel! (why isn't she going after Lucy
too?!). And Faith tells Lucy herself that they can't be "friends", and
that Lucy needs to get a grip (I bet she doesn't!!). Filis is incensed
by Sharon's behavior! Meanwhile, Sally seems to dump Adam once and for
all! (good for her!)
DOOL - Tues' ep. Despite having Crazy Cat Lay Killer (CCLK), I
enjoyed this ep! CCLK continues to menace a terrified Melinda Trask!
Stephanie and Jada are the only ones to come to Everett's "memorial"
(even Leo didn't come!?!), and Jada receives more information about
Connie (the CCLK) and becomes suspicious and goes to Connie's place.
Johnny lays out EJ about this Gabi stunt. Rafe wakes up! (and we knew
this would happen this ep. when they actually showed Galen Gering this
time!).

I'd like to put the next thing down as "Damned by Amin"! but the truth
is this one was actually "Damned by myself!" as I'm the one who stumbled
across it:

[...]
Otherwise, this was awful - even Gorske comes of bad in this film.
(Only a great actors can sell horrible writing! Simply good actors are
dragged down by it!) In fact, I think only Morgan Bradley came off
looking OK during this - everyone else (and I mean everyone else! even
Williamson!!) came off looking awful here.

What did you watch?
Arthur Lipscomb
2024-09-12 15:08:22 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
What did you watch?
Damned by Anim(?)!
snip
What did you watch?
I would have watched the MTV VMAs had I known it was on. :-/ But I did
watch:

The Ark - "Cycle of Violence" - Team Ark jumps out of light speed to
find themselves face to face with a heavily armed enemy ship. Meanwhile
something happened that I *knew* was absolutely going to happen soon. I
won't say what, but I'm just going to pat myself on the back for
accurately predicting it would happen. It's the sort of thing that
*always* happens in a show like this when that particular plot point
pops up. See Farscape, Star Trek: Voyager, and Stargate, for other
recent examples. You'll know it when you see it. ;-)

Hey, here's a scene from a not so random episode of Farscape:
http://youtu.be/uIUFmwD1-xI