WILLIE WHISTLE - WSBK TV 38 BOSTON...Who was he??
Philip Busch
2004-10-06 01:28:45 UTC
Was Willie Whistle's true indenity ever revealed? I remember over the
years that his id was very "hush-hush" to say the least.

There was some speculation that it was Dana Hersey who was the "voice"
in the background and announcer on the show. I really doubt it though.

I remember watching "Ask The Manager" many times and viewers would
write letters wanting to know who Willie was but the Station Manager
(regardless of who was in charge at the time) always refused to give a
straight answer.

Frank Avruch was "Bozo" and it was no big deal. Why was it and is
still such a big secret even today?

Phil
Uniblab
2004-10-06 01:43:20 UTC
Linda M. Young
2004-10-06 14:05:41 UTC
Post by Philip Busch
Was Willie Whistle's true indenity ever revealed? I remember over the
years that his id was very "hush-hush" to say the least.
I guess they didn't want to disillusion the kids that Willie was just
a normal person. Seems silly today.

You must have missed the ATM where they did say who it was (Dan Berkery
joked for years that HE was Willie Whistle). The character was played
by a gentleman named Dick Beech.

Linda
http://www.flyingdreams.org/tv/gallery/atm.htm