Television sitcom famous quote "picky, picky, picky"
j***@forumofbooks.com
2006-04-12 02:50:09 UTC
I believe it comes from the 60's or early 70's. I want to say from the
Andy Griffith show...but I'm not sure.

Does anyone remember...back that far?

Thanks...

John Maulding
Newport
2006-04-12 08:48:23 UTC
Billy DeWolfe?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
kenm47
2006-04-12 12:34:04 UTC
It's bringing up a "Get Smart" vibe to me. I can imagine Don Adams
saying it in character.

Ken (Brooklyn)
kenm47
2006-04-12 12:42:15 UTC
Post by kenm47
It's bringing up a "Get Smart" vibe to me. I can imagine Don Adams
saying it in character.
Ken (Brooklyn)
Wikipedia says catch phrase of Pat Paulsen (who used to be on The
Smothers Brothers and "ran" for President).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Paulsen

Ken (Brooklyn)
ANIM8Rfsk
2006-04-12 15:23:58 UTC
Post by kenm47
It's bringing up a "Get Smart" vibe to me. I can imagine Don Adams
saying it in character.
Ken (Brooklyn)
Here's Andy Dick blaming everybody but himself for the new Get Smart being
the stinkbomb it was:

http://www.wouldyoubelieve.com/adick.html

But it looks like it might be Pat Paulsen:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Pat+Paulsen

Paulsen's campaign that year, and in succeeding years, was grounded in
comedy, while not bereft of serious commentary. He ran the supposed
campaigns using obvious lies, double talk, and tongue-in-cheek attacks on
the major candidates, and responded to all criticism with his catch phrase
"Picky, picky, picky".

It sounds like something Phil Silvers (and/or Top Cat) might have said.
Newport
2006-04-12 22:09:18 UTC
God how I miss Phil Silvers!

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Tony Calguire
2006-04-13 06:25:58 UTC
Post by kenm47
It's bringing up a "Get Smart" vibe to me. I can imagine Don Adams
saying it in character.
You might be thinking of "Busy, Busy, Busy!" which was one of Billy
DeWolfe's lines as Professor Hinkle the Magician in "Frosty The
Snowman".
Stan Brown
2006-04-13 23:14:55 UTC
chicagofan
2006-04-14 15:22:26 UTC
Post by Stan Brown
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:25:58 -0500 from Tony Calguire
Post by Tony Calguire
Post by kenm47
It's bringing up a "Get Smart" vibe to me. I can imagine Don Adams
saying it in character.
You might be thinking of "Busy, Busy, Busy!" which was one of Billy
DeWolfe's lines as Professor Hinkle the Magician in "Frosty The
Snowman".
I'm pretty sure it was one of the recurring characters on /Laugh-in/.
Though I'm not certain of who said it, or even whether it was that
show, it was a pervasive line, on the order of "Here Come the Judge"
though not, perhaps, as omnipresent as "sock it to me".
I don't remember who said it on "Laugh In"... but I think Paul Lynde used it
frequently also... on "Hollywood Squares" later on. :)
bj
Newport
2006-04-15 00:25:25 UTC
It does sound like a Dick Martin line.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Keith Lee
2006-04-15 13:49:03 UTC
Post by Newport
It does sound like a Dick Martin line.
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
All:
Actually, it was a line used by Pat Paulsen when he was on the Smothers
Brothers Show. He also used it during his comical run for the 1968
Presidency.

Keith