Baltimore Bridge
BTR1701
2024-03-28 02:55:30 UTC
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pa
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.

Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.

And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott Ke
Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what will its ne
name be?

I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
shawn
2024-03-28 02:59:08 UTC
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott Key
Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what will its new
name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 03:15:12 UTC
Post by shawn
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott
Key Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what
will its new name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
The bridge won't be repaired. It'll be 5 to 7 years at least.

Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
shawn
2024-03-28 03:44:01 UTC
On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 03:15:12 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott
Key Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what
will its new name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
The bridge won't be repaired. It'll be 5 to 7 years at least.
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
I should have said they would get started removing the remnants of the
bridge so that traffic can resume on the river as that is something
that can be done now. Then work on replacing the bridge as it's clear
there's not much, if anything, there to repair.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 04:11:05 UTC
Post by shawn
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government
will "pay the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
I've heard that the harbor may reopen by May.
Your Name
2024-03-28 06:03:19 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
[...]
In New Zealand, a "second" (really it's the third) harbour crossing for
the city of Auckland was suggested way back in the early 1970s ... and
since then they've wasted huge piles of tax-payer money on discussions
and plans for numerous different ideas. Most of the ideas are
completely idiotic since they connect to the same motorway on each side
of the existing harbour bridge, so won't relieve congestion at all.
Many others are massively expensive pie-in-the-sky ideas that will
never happen (rail tunnels when there is no railway on the northern
side, so they'd have to build that as well).
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 17:46:19 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will
"pay the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn't the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It's like he just can't wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott
Key Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what
will its new name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
The bridge won't be repaired. It'll be 5 to 7 years at least.
Here's an article from the Baltimore Sun. Turn off javascript to read.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/2024/03/27/how-long-to-rebuild-key-bridge/

Ignore "rebuild" in the headline. No one is saying it can be rebuilt.
It's going to be replaced with something brand new. I'm sure the
piers will both be relocated closer to shore. Nothing will be saved from
the debris.

The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise, so it's entire cost won't be charged to the collision.
They'll have to calculate the cost to replace it with like kind and the
difference between that and the new structure will be borne by
taxpayers. I don't they'll have to pay for years of reduced commerce.
BTR1701
2024-03-28 18:42:57 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
[...]
And higher, too. I drove across the Key Bridge regularly when I was a DC
denizen and it was kinda scary how high up you got with seemingly very
little to stop you from going over the side if you lost control.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise
Which is non-existent pretty much everywhere. There's been no sea level
rise over the last 12 years at the beach down the street from me; when I
visited Miami's South Beach two years ago, the ocean was in the same
place it was in the pictures of my visit 20 years earlier (despite
AlGore's insistence that Miami would be underwater by 2011); Plymouth
Rock isn't underwater; the water level around the base of the Statue of
Liberty hasn't changed since it was erected, etc., etc.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 23:48:39 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise
Which is non-existent pretty much everywhere.
Baltimore-specific sea level rise not found elsewhere,

There's been no sea level
FPP
2024-03-29 14:19:51 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise
Which is non-existent pretty much everywhere. There's been no sea level
rise over the last 12 years at the beach down the street from me; when I
visited Miami's South Beach two years ago, the ocean was in the same
place it was in the pictures of my visit 20 years earlier (despite
AlGore's insistence that Miami would be underwater by 2011); Plymouth
Rock isn't underwater; the water level around the base of the Statue of
Liberty hasn't changed since it was erected, etc., etc.
This has been explained to you for decades. Decades...
--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible 25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0
BTR1701
Liar.
FPP
2024-03-30 15:59:14 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise
Which is non-existent pretty much everywhere. There's been no sea level
rise over the last 12 years at the beach down the street from me; when I
visited Miami's South Beach two years ago, the ocean was in the same
place it was in the pictures of my visit 20 years earlier (despite
AlGore's insistence that Miami would be underwater by 2011); Plymouth
Rock isn't underwater; the water level around the base of the Statue of
Liberty hasn't changed since it was erected, etc., etc.
This has been explained to you for decades. Decades...
Liar.
Over and over and over and you still repeat the same old bullshit as
everything around us goes to shit.

Everything's fine. It's perfectly normal to set new records every week
Natural disasters that used to be unusual are regular occurrences.

And almost every scientist who studies the subject has been telling you
the cause for DECADES. And, yet, you persist.

BTR1701
2024-03-30 19:58:52 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The replacement will have to take into account larger vessels and sea
level rise
Which is non-existent pretty much everywhere. There's been no sea level
rise over the last 12 years at the beach down the street from me; when I
visited Miami's South Beach two years ago, the ocean was in the same
place it was in the pictures of my visit 20 years earlier (despite
AlGore's insistence that Miami would be underwater by 2011); Plymouth
Rock isn't underwater; the water level around the base of the Statue of
Liberty hasn't changed since it was erected, etc., etc.
This has been explained to you for decades. Decades...
Liar.
Over and over and over and you still repeat the same old bullshit as
everything around us goes to shit.
Given that the enviro-kooks have been predicting sea level rise since
the late 90s, even famously direly warning that Miami would be
underwater by 2011, one would think that there would be *some* evidence
of a, ya know, sea level rise.
trotsky
2024-03-30 20:26:53 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Shockingly I googled this and it returned zero hits. Methinks you're
lying per usual.

of a, ya know, sea level rise.
BTR1701
2024-03-30 21:10:18 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Google Search is run by an AI that doesn't even recognize the existence
of white people. The Agenda is baked into its algorithms. Its search
results are no longer worthy of trust and confidence.

Regardless, I can't believe you even needed to check Google to see
whether the enviro-loons have been screeching about sea level rise. It's
kinda one of their articles of faith, Hutt, you slouching pus-bucket.
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-30 21:12:38 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Was Abraham Lincoln a white dude?
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-30 21:27:57 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by BTR1701
Google Search is run by an AI that doesn't even recognize the existence
of white people. The Agenda is baked into its algorithms. Its search
results are no longer worthy of trust and confidence.
Was Abraham Lincoln a white dude?
Kind of left out some of the search results and related searc results.
Instead of a "yes" or "no" answer, results inserting race and racism
were ranked at the top or near the top.

https://digital.nls.uk/learning/struggles-for-liberty/themes/us-civil-war/abraham-lincoln-the-white-mens-president/

https://www.quora.com/Was-Abraham-Lincoln-a-racist-white-man

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoStupidQuestions/comments/1angab0/was_abraham_lincoln_racist/

https://www.nprillinois.org/statehouse/2004-02-01/lincoln-race-the-great-emancipator-didnt-advocate-racial-equality-but-was-he-a-racist

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-white-supremacist-in-todays-standards

This question was submitted by CBS entertainment programming:

https://www.quora.com/Are-Iranians-white-or-Middle-Eastern

https://www.google.com/search&q=are+all+white+people+racist

All all white people racist?

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-lm&q=are+all+white+people+racist

There's overlap with the DDG search.
The Horny Goat
2024-04-02 07:39:58 UTC
On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 21:27:57 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
All all white people racist?
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-lm&q=are+all+white+people+racist
There's overlap with the DDG search.
She's being grossly disingenous with the "show me your wedding album"
comment. With the exception of my wife's best friend (who she first
met in grade 3) our entire wedding party was members of her family and
mine.

Her friend is a flaming redhead (I made sure the best man had a
blanket in the car to ensure she didn't get sunburned on our hot
August day) while the rest of us were also white.

My daughters' best friends in school were a rainbow of ethnicities -
but the wedding party itself was all white since with that one
exception we were all family.

It's writers like that that make me ill.
trotsky
2024-03-31 08:54:11 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
So Google is the problem now? You can grow a pair of balls and provide
proof yourself, or you can scurry back into the woodwork like the
cockroach that you are. Your choice, cockroach.
Post by BTR1701
Regardless, I can't believe you even needed to check Google to see
whether the enviro-loons have been screeching about sea level rise. It's
kinda one of their articles of faith, Hutt, you slouching pus-bucket.
You made a claim that someone said something about "2011" and the claim
can't be verified because you're a piece of shit and a liar. Is any of
this getting through to you, Oath Keeper Cockroach?
FPP
2024-03-31 13:15:21 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
You've been told this for decades.

trotsky
2024-03-31 17:10:54 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Give him some credit, "I can't believe you had to use Google to know it
would get no hits" is pretty astute.
BTR1701
2024-03-31 20:36:15 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the
government will "pay the entire cost" of rebuilding the
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
You're claiming I've been told for decades that Hutt couldn't find
anything about enviro-kooks pushing sea-level rise on Google?

Do tell...

(Your bullshit doesn't even make coherent sense anymore.)
FPP
2024-04-01 14:14:29 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Nope, I claimed no such thing. You've been shown evidence for decades
that man made climate change would devastate the planet.

Well, now it is. And you still can't admit you were wrong, and it's
still happening.

BTR1701
2024-04-01 20:00:45 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Hutt told me he couldn't find anything on Google to support the claim
that enviro-kooks have been predicting sea-level rise.

I responded that I can't believe he even needed to ask Google about one
of the basic claims of the Climate Cult.

You responded that I've "been told this for decades".

So prove it. Prove I've been told for decades that Google has no search
results of enviro-fanatics claiming sea levels will rise.

Betcha can't.
trotsky
2024-04-02 08:43:52 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Damn, you're lying again. You left out the detail of "2011" which you
lied about then and you're lying about now. Methinks you're a liar and
would fuck your own mother if you thought it would get you a leg up.
What sayeth you?
Betcha can't.
trotsky
I think Twat has a Baltimore Bridge he'd like to sell us.
FPP
2024-04-01 14:14:51 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Did tell. For decades.

BTR1701
2024-04-01 19:57:50 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Given that the enviro-kooks have been predicting sea level rise since
the late 90s, even famously direly warning that Miami would be
underwater by 2011,
Shockingly I googled this and it returned zero hits.
Google Search is run by an AI that doesn't even recognize the existence
of white people. The Agenda is baked into its algorithms. Its search
results are no longer worthy of trust and confidence.
Regardless, I can't believe you even needed to check Google to see
whether the enviro-loons have been screeching about sea level rise. It's
kinda one of their articles of faith, Hutt, you slouching pus-bucket.
You've been told this for decades.
You're claiming I've been told for decades that Hutt couldn't find
anything about enviro-kooks pushing sea-level rise on Google?
Do tell...
Did tell. For decades.
Well then it shouldn't be a problem for you to quote back an instance
where you told me 10 years ago about something that only occurred this
past week.

Put it here-->
FPP
2024-04-01 21:39:45 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Nope. Not going to go back and post what we've all seen you do for decades.

Decades.

BTR1701
I'll take that as your concession.
FPP
2024-04-02 10:22:45 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
You'll take it as I don't give a shit.

BTR1701
No, I'll take it as your concession.
FPP
2024-04-03 09:36:44 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
You'll take what I give you, and you'll like it.

BTR1701
Too late. I already took it as your concession.
FPP
2024-04-03 23:25:23 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Three Day Rule. Null and void.

(I can make up rules too.)

BTR1701
2024-04-03 23:32:38 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Make up whatever you like. You can't delete Usenet. I still have your
concession right here.
trotsky
2024-04-04 09:48:19 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I can't even imagine how much of an asshole you must be when you're at
the concession stand in a movie theater.
FPP
2024-04-04 11:06:55 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
And I've got your concession right here, too. And I'm grabbing it like
a New York Transit Cop.

trotsky
As opposed to Oath Keeper Twat who is dull and void.
Ubiquitous
2024-04-03 17:56:32 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
[...]
In other words, you lost another debate.

--
"Rhino, when do I say things I *can't* back up with citations of
fact? Go ahead... go and find something I stated as fact that you
-- FPP <***@gmail.com>
NoBody
2024-03-31 13:59:10 UTC
Post by trotsky
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
There tends to be very little searchable information from the 90's on
the Internet but they are certainly pushing a current narrative:

"Emilio Corrales, a project manager at consulting firm HDR, said his
team identified 28 project areas, including one on Big Coppitt Key,
where roads could be flooded with more than 6 inches of water during
king tides by 2025. King tides are the highest tides of the year, and
sea level rise is pushing them even higher.

Read more at:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/environment/article255155012.html#storylink=cpy
of a, ya know, sea level rise.
moviePig
2024-03-30 21:31:30 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
"Between 1901 and 2018, average global sea level rose by 15–25 cm (6–10
in), an average of 1–2 mm (0.039–0.079 in) per year. This rate
accelerated to 4.62 mm (0.182 in)/yr for the decade 2013–2022. Climate
change due to human activities is the main cause."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_level_rise
BTR1701
2024-03-30 22:01:09 UTC
In article
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
And yet this sea level rise is apparent nowhere at any actual sea shore,
which means in 121 years the rise (if any) is so small it's beyond the
limits of human perception.

Yeah, that's certainly something to hysterically trash our economy and
radically alter our way of life over.

And Miami sure as shit ain't underwater, is it? In 2022, the ocean on
South Beach was at the same level it was in 2002.
FPP

FPP
2024-03-31 13:15:48 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
He's been told this for decades.

NoBody
Laugh.
trotsky
2024-03-31 19:12:49 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
You're right, it would have far more credibility if it was
"Nobodipedia". Hint: you're an anonymous piece of dog shit.
moviePig
I couldn't find a copy of the Trump Bible to consult.
FPP
2024-04-01 14:16:19 UTC
Post by moviePig
Post by NoBody
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Did you catch the SNL cold open?

"Trump Bible... made with 100% bible."

moviePig
2024-04-01 16:03:37 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by moviePig
Post by NoBody
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
No. But now I will.
trotsky
2024-04-02 08:35:54 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by moviePig
Post by NoBody
Post by moviePig
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
No.  But now I will.
Ditto.
FPP
2024-03-31 13:14:48 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
Well, genius, NOAA (you know, REAL experts) say you're full of shit.
Post by BTR1701
Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches 67 mm above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch 3.2 mm per year.
Higher sea levels mean that deadly and destructive storm surges push farther inland than they once did, which also means more frequent nuisance flooding. Disruptive and expensive, nuisance flooding is estimated to be from 300 percent to 900 percent more frequent within U.S. coastal communities than it was just 50 years ago.
The two major causes of global sea level rise are thermal expansion caused by warming of the ocean (since water expands as it warms) and increased melting of land-based ice, such as glaciers and ice sheets. The ocean is absorbing more than 90 percent of the increased atmospheric heat associated with emissions from human activity.
And THEY don't play at knowing what they're talking about like you do.
You've been told this for decades.
Post by BTR1701
With continued ocean and atmospheric warming, sea levels will likely rise for many centuries at rates higher than that of the current century. In the United States, almost 40 percent of the population lives in relatively high-population-density coastal areas, where sea level plays a role in flooding, shoreline erosion, and hazards from storms. Globally, eight of the world's 10 largest cities are near a coast, according to the U.N. Atlas of the Oceans.
And you've been told this for decades.

trotsky
2024-03-31 17:09:20 UTC
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by FPP
Post by BTR1701
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
It looks like we've got NOAA vs. don't-know-a.
NoBody
Ditto.
Rhino
2024-03-28 21:06:20 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government
will "pay the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot
the bill? It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to
fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis
Scott Key Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite?
So what will its new name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
The federal government can act to get repairs started today while the
lawyers act to collect any money due from the company/insurance.
The bridge won't be repaired. It'll be 5 to 7 years at least.
They had the owner of an engineering firm on CTV to comment on the
bridge collapse and he said it could be rebuilt in 1 to 2 years. I was
shocked at that estimate, assuming that it would take several years
just to do all the environmental impact studies and then the design.
Maybe he just meant the construction portion but you'd think an
experienced engineer would know perfectly well all the stuff that has
to happen before they start construction and factor that into a time
estimate.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
Rhino
BTR1701
2024-03-28 22:06:11 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by shawn
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Those environmental laws usually have an escape clause that exempts them
from the process in case of a declared emergency.
danny burstein
2024-03-28 23:26:07 UTC
In <***@giganews.com> BTR1701 <***@invalid.invalid> writes:

[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
I suspect the earlier poster is referring to this little
even in Florida, but it was Sweetwater:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse

{:wq
***@panix.com
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 23:52:28 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
I suspect the earlier poster is referring to this little
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse
I didn't know about that one,

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/2020/05/08/the-skyway-bridge-collapsed-40-years-ago-heres-how-were-remembering-the-tragedy/
shawn
2024-03-29 00:15:07 UTC
On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:52:28 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
I suspect the earlier poster is referring to this little
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse
I didn't know about that one,
That one I did know about
Post by Adam H. Kerman
https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida/2020/05/08/the-skyway-bridge-collapsed-40-years-ago-heres-how-were-remembering-the-tragedy/
This one I did not know about but given it occurred 40 years ago I'm
not surprised.
Rhino
Rhino
danny burstein
2024-03-31 02:54:26 UTC
Post by danny burstein
[snip]
Post by Rhino
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
I suspect the earlier poster is referring to this little
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_International_University_pedestrian_bridge_collapse
some more info on the FL bridge collapses:

[wsj]

Federal guidelines to protect bridges from vessel strikes were
drafted following the 1980 collapse of the Tampa Bay Sunshine
Skyway Bridge after a freighter rammed into one of its supports.
Bridges built before the guidelines were released in 1991 weren't
compelled to comply - but some areas have opted to
retrofit their bridges for safety. The Sunshine bridge has since
been rebuilt but wasn't among the eight that met the width and
height criteria used in the Journal's analysis.
=======
rest of a pretty good article, including diagrams:

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/these-eight-u-s-bridges-are-vulnerable-to-a-repeat-of-the-baltimore-crash-f2a2a057?st=8hwri6mbhpuuewf&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink
***@panix.com
Adam H. Kerman
2024-03-28 23:50:26 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Don't you remember St. Petersburg?
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
Tampa Bay, crashed into by a massive cargo ship which destroyed the
NEWER of the paired bridges. Took 7 years to build the new one.
The Horny Goat
2024-03-29 20:04:12 UTC
On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 23:50:26 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Rhino
St. Petersburg, Russia? Or Florida? In either case, I don't recall any
bridge collapses in either place. Can you refresh my memory?
Tampa Bay, crashed into by a massive cargo ship which destroyed the
NEWER of the paired bridges. Took 7 years to build the new one.
We haven't had that problem here - but HAVE had numerous trucks prang
highway overpasses. One trucking company got their licence to operate
lifted after their sixth collision with highway overpasses - which
would typically take $50-75k to repair.
trotsky
2024-03-28 09:12:37 UTC
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott Key
Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what will its new
name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
Speaking of execution by cop, you've proven yourself a dickhead and
total fucking hypocrite yet again. Kudos!!
Ubiquitous
2024-03-28 08:30:48 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will
"pay the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn't the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It's like he just can't wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
Senile Resident Joke Bidden thinks he can buy votes, but yeah, it's not a fed
thing.
Post by BTR1701
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott Key
Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what will its
new name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
They already are talking about chnaging the name.

Let's go Brandon!
FPP
2024-03-28 14:25:32 UTC
Just saw on the news that Joe Biden has pledged that the government will "pay
the entire cost" of rebuilding the Baltimore bridge.
Huh? Shouldn’t the shipping company and its insurance agency foot the bill?
It’s like he just can’t wait for any opportunity to fuck the taxpayer.
And when it's rebuilt, obviously it can't be renamed the Francis Scott Key
Bridge. I mean, "old straight racist white guy", amirite? So what will its new
name be?
I submit the "Saint George Floyd of Fentanyl Memorial Bridge".
Yes, stupid. Did you think they'd wait 8-10, or 20 years until the case
is brought, decided, appealed, re-appealed and finally settled in a
couple of decades?

Jesus Fucking Christ, but you are a shortsighted limp dick moron.
Nobody said they wouldn't sue to recover the money.